amoryn

Bogee

I am considering using Amoryn rather than the scripts that have caused so many bad side effects. Has anyone out there tried it?

Originally on Prozac, Celexa, Wellbutrin

then on Effexor which seemed to work for a while.

Effexor XR 50 mg for ten years.

Wellbutrin XL

Remeron

• Administrator

Thanks for joining us, Bogee. Please provide a link for Amoryn.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Bogee, I haven't use that particular preparation but have used some of its ingredients and am knowledgeable (especially in terms of their effects on people post-ADS) about the others.

How you tolerate it would probably depend on whether you're recovering from past use of ADs or possibly other psychotropic meds. I'm not clear if that's the case with you from how you worded your post:

I am considering using Amoryn rather than the scripts that have caused so many bad side effects. Has anyone out there tried it?

Were the scripts/side effects issues what you have experienced (and when) or are you referring to things you've read about?

Alto, Amoryn contains St. John's wort, 5-htp, and rhodiola, along with some vitamins and minerals (B6/B12/folate, selenium, D3, zinc, and C).

(Bogee, if I'm incorrect on that, please correct me.)

I was "TryingToGetWell" (aka TTGW) on paxilprogress. I also was one of the original members here on Surviving Antidepressants

I had horrific and protracted withdrawal from paxil, but now am back to enjoying life with enthusiasm to the max, some residual physical symptoms continued but largely improve. The horror, severe derealization, anhedonia, akathisia, and so much more, are long over.

My signature is a temporary scribble from year 2013. I'll rewrite it when I can.

If you want to read it, click on http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/209-brandy-anyone/?p=110343

Thanks for your reply. I was on Effexor xr for several years and got off of it several months back. I was doing rather well until the hot weather

showed up and I thought I was needing a med again. I was put on Wellbutrin xl and it was a nightmare. The Effexor worked for a few years

and then I started getting loud chirpping tinnitus and it was always there , plus I started getting tremors in my hands and arms.

The wellbutrin started the tinnitus with in two days and the shakes and nausea as well.. I went to the doctor and was put on Remeron and it started

the tinnitus as well ,so I cut the pill in half and have been only taking that the last two days. The chirpping is now just a air flowing sound, but still

I know this isn't going to work either. So I was looking around for a naturopath product and found Amoryn and Protazen which are products by two

different makers. So I am thinking of trying one of these and was wondering if anyone on this site had tried it. They have a love of so called people

in their ads that swear by it , so I am thinking of giving one of them a try.

I know I can't deal with the tinnitus any longer so am willing to try something natural.

Bram

http://www.amoryn.com/help_testimonials.php

http://www.protazen.com/

These are the products that i was interested in and wondered if anyone on the site had tried them.

Originally on Prozac, Celexa, Wellbutrin

then on Effexor which seemed to work for a while.

Effexor XR 50 mg for ten years.

Wellbutrin XL

Remeron

Well i wonder, how is this for a testimonial and its not the only one, there are many many who have used ssris and psyche meds that claim this product helped.

PANIC ATTACKS & ANXIETY:

"I can seriously say I have never felt better in my whole life... My anxiety is gone..." "I have been on Paxil and Xanax for almost as long as I can remember and prior to that Prozac for depression, anxiety and insomnia. I stopped taking Paxil about 6 weeks ago due to ongoing side effects that I just could not deal with anymore. It was sending me over the edge, I had gained over the years 10 kilos and life was a fog. Since I started taking the Amoryn, Seredyn and Mellodyn I can seriously say I have never felt better in my whole life. Friends and workmates make comments on my attitude, loss of weight, glowing face, energy and determination. My anxiety is gone, my panic attacks feel like they were a bad nightmare and I sleep through the entire night without waking at 5 am because of a pounding heart. I only came across your products by accident on the web. But I am obviously very happy that I did. As a busy professional running a multimillion dollar company, stress and anxiety are part of the game but I awake each day now with renewed clarity, a positive attitude and ready to seize the day. It may be a cliché but I reckon I have had a paradigm shift."

--Craig, Victoria, Australia

Began taking 30mg Seroxat on 15th Jan 1997 for grief issues. Remained at that dosage until Dec 05, did doctor ct, akathesia set in along with being non functional and overly emotional, brain fog. Doctor prescribed prozac, propranelol and diazeapam to counteract side effects, and told me to ct those 3 after 2.5/3 months use, induced wd seizure on 2nd day after ct. Was reinstated on seroxat 20mg in april 06, remained at that dose until Nov 07 and began a very slow taper lasting 56 months, finally DRUG FREE on 11th may 2011.

All i will say is, that this product contains 5HTP, Hyperforin and Bvits, b6 and b12 ----- in wd you may find the bvits to be stimulating.

If you deciude to try it, please let us all know how you get on with it, best of luck.

Began taking 30mg Seroxat on 15th Jan 1997 for grief issues. Remained at that dosage until Dec 05, did doctor ct, akathesia set in along with being non functional and overly emotional, brain fog. Doctor prescribed prozac, propranelol and diazeapam to counteract side effects, and told me to ct those 3 after 2.5/3 months use, induced wd seizure on 2nd day after ct. Was reinstated on seroxat 20mg in april 06, remained at that dose until Nov 07 and began a very slow taper lasting 56 months, finally DRUG FREE on 11th may 2011.

• Administrator

You cannot go by the testimonials on a supplement seller's site. For all you know, the supplement seller and his or her friends wrote those testimonials. They'd only publish raves, why should they publish complaints?

Bogee, you're tapering Remeron? From what I've seen, you cannot compensate during withdrawal from an antidepressant with a "natural" supplement. Mixed supplements such as Amoryn contain ingredients, such as St. John's Wort, that may conflict with Remeron or make your withdrawal symptoms worse.

Please open an Intro and Updates topic for yourself, and we can talk about your tapering off Remeron in more detail.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy