Aromatherapy and essential oils

areyouthere

• Moderator Emeritus

Topic specific to lavender oil can be found here:  Lavender, for anxiety and digestion

Aromatherapy: Do Essential Oils Really Work? John Hopkins Medicine

^ cautions on if diffusing oils(dispersing them out into the air), when others are in the same environment( including pets) there may be some with sensitivities.  The use of essential oils is also topical, after diluting in a carrier oil, and they can be put in capsules for ingestion, or bought prepared for ingestion.  Again, single ingredient often best, start low in case of sensitivities and go slow. (mmt)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CAUTION:  Some essential oils are toxic to cats and dogs.  A woman online used tea tree oil in a diffuser and her dog had a bad reaction to it.  Please  research online regarding whether an oil is safe to use around pets.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Are any of you aficionados of essential oils and their blends for specific conditions? I've always been intrigued but am skeptical of most all vendors as I know nothing much beyond lavender is calming.

Everyone has their own "taste" in aromas but if there is a vendor/ company that has a good rack record, customer service and knows the true " therapy" behind their products I would be interested in a link.

Thanks!

Edited by manymoretodays
added warning about toxicity to pets, link to lavender oil only added

Fall 1995 xanax, zoloft. switched to Serzone

1996- spring 2003serzone/ xanax/ lightbox.

b]Fall 2003- Fall 2004? Lexapro 10 mg. Light box /4 mg. xanax.[/b]

2004 - Fall of 2009 10 mg Lex, 150 mg Wellbutrin XL % 4 mg xanax

November 2009- Sept. 2011 10 mg lex., 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax [/b

Sept.2012- July 2012 20 mg Lex 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax

My mantra " go slow & with the flow "

3/2/13.. Began equal dosing 5 Xs /day xanax, while simultaneously incorporating a 2.5 % drop ( from 3.5 mg/day to 3.4 mg/day)

4/6/13 dropped from 300 mg. Wellbutrin XL to 150 mg. Difficult but DONE! Down to 3.3 mg xanax/ day / 6/10/13 3 mg xanax/day; 7/15/2013 2.88mg xanax/day.

10/ 1/2013...... 2.5 mg xanax… ( switched to tablets again) WOO HOO!!!!!! Holding here… cont. with Lexapro.

1/ 2/2014.. tapered to 18mg ( by weight) of a 26 mg ( by weight) pill of 20 mg tab. lexapro. goal is 13mg (by weight OR 10 mg by ingredient content) and STOPPED. Feeling very down with unbalanced, unpredictable WD symptoms.

1/2/2014- ??? Taking a brain-healing break from tapering anything after actively tapering something for 1.5 years. So… daily doses as of 2/2/2014: 18 mg by weight Lex, 150 mg Well. XL, 2.5 mg xanax, down from 26 mg by weight Lex., 300 mg well. XL, 4 mg xanax in August, 2012. I'll take it. :) 5/8/14 started equivalent dose liquid./ tabs. 5/13/14 1.5 % cut.

I like to get the resins, and burn them on the little charcoal disks. It's more natural. Frankincense is effective for anxiety. Very calming. I get addicted to it as well as I love it and it's relaxing. Amber is a little more expensive but it is helpful for depression.

Taper from Cymbalta, Paxil, Prozac & Antipsychotics finished June 2012.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• Moderator Emeritus

I like to get the resins, and burn them on the little charcoal disks. It's more natural. Frankincense is effective for anxiety. Very calming. I get addicted to it as well as I love it and it's relaxing. Amber is a little more expensive but it is helpful for depression.

Shanti, does it matter where you get the resins? I would want to get the real thing.

3/2/13.. Began equal dosing 5 Xs /day xanax, while simultaneously incorporating a 2.5 % drop ( from 3.5 mg/day to 3.4 mg/day)

4/6/13 dropped from 300 mg. Wellbutrin XL to 150 mg. Difficult but DONE! Down to 3.3 mg xanax/ day / 6/10/13 3 mg xanax/day; 7/15/2013 2.88mg xanax/day.

10/ 1/2013...... 2.5 mg xanax… ( switched to tablets again) WOO HOO!!!!!! Holding here… cont. with Lexapro.

1/ 2/2014.. tapered to 18mg ( by weight) of a 26 mg ( by weight) pill of 20 mg tab. lexapro. goal is 13mg (by weight OR 10 mg by ingredient content) and STOPPED. Feeling very down with unbalanced, unpredictable WD symptoms.

1/2/2014- ??? Taking a brain-healing break from tapering anything after actively tapering something for 1.5 years. So… daily doses as of 2/2/2014: 18 mg by weight Lex, 150 mg Well. XL, 2.5 mg xanax, down from 26 mg by weight Lex., 300 mg well. XL, 4 mg xanax in August, 2012. I'll take it. :) 5/8/14 started equivalent dose liquid./ tabs. 5/13/14 1.5 % cut.

In my town there's a shop that is kind of New Age, cultural type stuff. That's where I go to get them. I'm sure you can find them online if you don't have a shop like that. I think that it's likely authentic if you're buying the resin. I haven't seen artificial resins before. Only the real thing. Aside from incense cones and sticks. So you'd know the difference.

This is what the Frankincense resin looks like. The Amber is more of a rusty color. Maybe that will help you find the real thing and not an imitation.

Posted Image

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Areyouthere,

I have seen the power of aromatherapy in animals (horses) and myself. I like using them with animals because there's less placebo effect.

I'm not familiar with what Shanti mentioned. I always get pure essential oils in the small bottles. Prices range from $5 to $40, depending on the oil. Chamomile is pricey, I believe.

Lavendar is most commonly known for calming although I, personally, dont like it. I prefer mandarin, orange, lemon...any citrus blends. They are uplifting.

Young Living Essential Oils have a good reputation, but I don't know of reasoning behind it. They have a website that suggests different blends or individuals. I prefer buying the individuals and then blending if desired. If you can find a store to test them, that's the best method. Pass the bottle under your nose quickly and note your initial gut feeling. Try not to think about it ("does this smell good?"). It's a very immediate instinctual response. EX: Lavendar smells ok to me, but it's emotionally downing.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

I like the oils as well. I used to buy the candle holders that had a spot to put oil in a little bowl above the oil.

I wanted to add that it's cheaper to buy the charcoal tablets at ebay in bulk. At the new age shop it's about 3.50 for 10 tablets. At ebay I can get 100 of them for 9.99.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Young Living Essential Oils have a good reputation, but I don't know of reasoning behind it. They have a website that suggests different blends or individuals.

I've been watching this thread but didn't say anything because I'm new to using two blends from Young Living, I like to wait before I make announcements...I'm pretty amazed by them though, so far...they're subtle and powerful and seem to move energies about and through my body...I've been going through the ringer lately but the oils (and some other things that I've got going in my healing protocol) seems to really be moving things through...

I can't figure out the Young Living thing either...it looks like an MLM cult and is out of Utah so I imagine they're Mormon as well...nonetheless the two things I'm using are pretty astonishing. I have teacher/healer/friend who recommended them. She came through a really horrendous chronic illness with associated severe PTSD and is completely healed...she's really helpful...anyway...since Young Living came up I figured I'd toot the horn...the fact is I'm a born skeptic but they're helpful to me...that's that!!

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

Oh...the Young Living oils are also VERY expensive!!

Yes! They are!

I'm excited to hear more about your results, Gia. I think this is a modality that is far underutilized. The olfactory senses are powerful and I don't understand the "mechanism of action", but believe it is more complex than simply liking or disliking a smell or relating it to a memory. I live near orange groves in Southern California and have gone out of my way to drive through them at blossom time.

Lavendar is known to be calming, even a muscle relaxant (anxiolytic?). I've used Lavendar with highstrung horses with mostly good effects. One horse stands out in my mind because he was so uptight that he couldn't relax to take a normal stride. A few whiffs of Lavendar and his whole demeanor ~ including body carriage and length of stride ~ relaxed. Amazing!

I, on the other hand, haven't had a problem with anxiety (prior to withdrawal) but more a LACK OF emotional and physical energy. I need to be Uplifted, not calmed. The citrus oils do that for me.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

clinical studies have established that Lavender and Jasmine are calming...

Jasmine was actually compared with benzos in that it too effects the GABA system...personally being benzo damaged I'd stay the heck away from Jasmine...I react to some scents just like a bad drug reaction...so yeah, potentially quite potent

I did a post on that here: http://beyondmeds.com/2012/05/05/lavendarjasmine/

I do think, like you, Barb, that scents get pretty complex and effect the brain/body/mind in all sorts of ways...

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

Very interesting. I like jasmine. Will have to try that and rosemary.

A. Blake-Tracy recently did a piece on using aromatherapy (during withdrawal, I believe). I havent read her book and can't find the piece now.

That sounds great. I love the smell of Jasmine too. I'm going to try it.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh...the Young Living oils are also VERY expensive!!

Will look around a few places , like a local food coop, that carries "alternative" product s.

As far as Young Living Oils.... the sites do look cultish or like one of those things years ago like Amway.. remember that? But from the few people I've talked to and coincidentally one being a teacher I just met and eat lunch with ...her cousin sells it ... she swears by it. Has rheumatoid arthritis.

That's enough of a coincidence for me to feel confident in trying their oils.

Oh. You can buy them on Amazon too. I going to buy & try the Peace and Calming blend first.

It will be a month in two days since my first taper and I am still periodically waking up at around 2 ish but fall back asleep. This has happened to me before.. without a taper... but I am going to try the blend.... put two drops in a spray bottle of water and spray it on my sheets before bed and after an epson salt bath.... see if that helps. All other symptoms are gone. If I can start sleeping through the night I am going to make a tiny cut and go forward.

Wish me luck!

• Moderator Emeritus

I found an intriguing site here http://www.aromaire.info/products-page/essential-oils

The company started with researching MOLD and grew from there. From the page I pointed out , for each essential il they have an interesting blurb on what is supposed to do.

I would be curious what those of you with more knowledge think about the credibility of the information . Is it accurate? Based on what is commonly agreed to as "true"?

The prices look very good to me as well.

What is your favorite combination of oils for anxiety? Or depression?

• 2 weeks later...

I think you have to go with your gut feeling like Barb says. Smells can have different effects on different people. So I'd go in person to smell essential oils and see what they do for you right off the bat. You can tell quality that way, too... some smell like chemicals. I'd go for the pure, unmixed essential oils, and make your own mixes if you like. Woodsy smells work for me. Lavender I like, but it is not calming for me.

What is absolutely true is that smells have a strong effect on emotions. The olfactory nerves are an integral part of the "limbic system", which is the conjunction of neurons and parts of your brain that are responsible for emotion.

I remember learning in neuroscience class in college that people who have completely lost their ability to smell (became anosmic) can also as a result lose their ability to feel. They become emotionally flat, because the limbic system circuit is interrupted.

'94-'08 On/off ADs. Mostly Zoloft & Wellbutrin, but also Prozac, Celexa, Effexor, etc.
6/08 quit Z & W after tapering, awful anxiety 3 mos. later, reinstated.
11/10 CTed. Severe anxiety 3 mos. later & @ 8 mos. much worse (set off by metronidazole). Anxiety, depression, anhedonia, DP, DR, dizziness, severe insomnia, high serum AM cortisol, flu-like feelings, muscle discomfort.
9/11-9/12 Waves and windows of recovery.
10/12 Awful relapse, DP/DR. Hydrocortisone?
11/12 Improved fairly quickly even though relapse was one of worst waves ever.

1/13 Best I've ever felt.

3/13 A bit of a relapse... then faster and shorter waves and windows.

4/14 Have to watch out for triggers, but feel completely normal about 80% of the time.

What is absolutely true is that smells have a strong effect on emotions. The olfactory nerves are an integral part of the "limbic system", which is the conjunction of neurons and parts of your brain that are responsible for emotion.

I remember learning in neuroscience class in college that people who have completely lost their ability to smell (became anosmic) can also as a result lose their ability to feel. They become emotionally flat, because the limbic system circuit is interrupted.

Very interesting, Nadia!

More info on aromatherapy on the blog the other day...

Medical Aromatherapy

http://beyondmeds.com/2012/09/24/medical-aromatherapy/

I actually did not watch the whole video...but the guy seemed credible and worth listening to...there for information for those who want to know more

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Reporting back. I bought bergamat ( sp) and a lavender, amber and a small amount of ylang yang . I shall not lie. It all smells like crap individually. The one combination , bergamot and lavender, put on cotton and sitting on a counter smells pretty good.

I bought some diffusing reeds and a base carrier to see what happens when I diffuse it this way. Any suggestions welcome.

I like the aroma of clinique's Aroma Alixir. It is a body cream. I also like Lushes karma scent just introduced to me by my daughter. Their products are here

I like peppermint too. So why did I buy bergamot , lavender and amber? Because I can afford it right now. Pretty dumb. SO if anyone has experience with these fragrances.... please help!!! :unsure: I'm thinking perhaps I should get a citrusy oil to blend in? I know that the rule is no more than 3 oils together. I'm thinking lemon or mandarin?

• 1 month later...

bad reaction to olbas oil ?

i am 2.5 years since my last reduction and would definately reassure anyone new to coming of ssri's that it gets better in time, much better.

whilst my brain is still in a vunerable state, during ssri withrawal, ceratin things seen to have a negative of me.

the latest one of these is olbas oil.

olbas oil is made up of the following essential oils:

cajuput oil, clove oil, eucalyptus, juniperberry oil, levomenthol ep, methyl salicylate, mint oil.

has anyone else had any bad experiences with these essential oils whilst in ssri withdrawal ?

or does anyone know which of these oil(s) casues a problem and why ?

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title before merging with existing topic

1999 50mg citalopram / celexa for anxiety and depression.

dec 2007 50mg - 40mg, march 2009 40mg - 30mg, july 2009 30mg - 20mg, aug 2009 20mg - 30mg, sept 2009 30mg - 20mg, jan 2010 20mg - 30mg, july 2010 30mg - 25mg (one 20mg and half a 10mg tablet), july 2010 - july 2013 25mg

July 2013 began tapering down in 1mg increments, dissolving the tablets in water and using a syringe as suggested by Rhi. Had a few hiccups along the way as can be seen in my thread.

End December 2013, now down to 11.25mg.

Dec 2013 to present day still on 11.25 mg. I have hit, what Professor Healy terms, a shelf. I became extremely destabilised when I reduced from 12.25mg to 11.25mg. Only now, after some 15 months am I starting to really recover from it.

• Moderator Emeritus

I haven't had specific experience with any of the oils you mention, but generally SSRI withdrawal makes us sensitive to things that never bothered us before. Are you using the oils for aromatherapy, massage therapy...?

Thanks for the reassurance. We all need to hear that things get better!!!

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

i used it for a cold, being bunged up.

i have read up on the subject and found one site on the internet that says essential oils high in eugenol (such as clove) or myristicin rich oils (such as nutmeg)can react badly with ssris as these essential oils are monoamine oxidase inhibitors (maois).

dec 2007 50mg - 40mg, march 2009 40mg - 30mg, july 2009 30mg - 20mg, aug 2009 20mg - 30mg, sept 2009 30mg - 20mg, jan 2010 20mg - 30mg, july 2010 30mg - 25mg (one 20mg and half a 10mg tablet), july 2010 - july 2013 25mg

July 2013 began tapering down in 1mg increments, dissolving the tablets in water and using a syringe as suggested by Rhi. Had a few hiccups along the way as can be seen in my thread.

Dec 2013 to present day still on 11.25 mg. I have hit, what Professor Healy terms, a shelf. I became extremely destabilised when I reduced from 12.25mg to 11.25mg. Only now, after some 15 months am I starting to really recover from it.

• Moderator Emeritus

There you go. If you still have that link, please share. There are lots of questions and posts about essential oils and herbs in the Symptoms and self-care subforum. This is the first I've heard of an article stating specifically that certain oils and SSRI drugs don't mix, and it's good to know that at least some information is out there.

Many SSRIs actually cause sinus congestion with or without tinnitus. When my sinuses were swollen from Lexapro withdrawal, I put a tablespoon or two of thyme leaves in a small mixing bowl, poured boiling water over it, and rested my face on the bowl's rim while inhaling for all I was worth. When the brew quit steaming, I poured it through a strainer and into a mug and drank it with a big glob of raw honey. It helped a bit and didn't cause any harm. Sage leaves are supposed to be equally effective.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

• Administrator

What was your reaction to olbas oil, lionboy?

I'm skeptical about essential oils, inhaled, being like MAOIs. More likely it was a hypersensitivity reaction.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

hi alto

my reaction was the same one i have had with painkillers, antihisthamine and chlorampenicol eye drops (commonly used for conjunctiviteis (can't spell) )

i go from my normal self in withdrawal i.e mostly fine but slightly over stimulated to extremely anxious, lethargic, reclusive, worried, confused, unable to process information or deal with things such as work.

this lasts a few days to a week max then I am back to normal again i.e my normal self in withdrawal.

it's like anytime i expose myself to anything that affects the ssris or works on the same system I get this reaction.

this does not happen randomly i can 100% specifically attribute it to these outside chemical influences.

Dr. Healy explains, in a piece i read on here, that ssris were developed from antihistamine and thus you should avoid antihisthamine whilst in ssri withdrawal.

i have found links to painkillers, chloramphenicol, and some essential oils also possibly interferring with whatever process goes on in our bodies.

i will share some links with you below:

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2011/04April/Pages/painkillers-and-antidepressants.aspx

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/04/25/health-us-painkillers-antidepressants-idUKTRE73O53X20110425

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chloramphenicol#Drug_interactions

http://roberttisserand.com/2012/03/interaction-with-ssri-medication/

http://herbs.maxforum.org/2011/02/26/clove-oil-an-mao-inhibitor-of-subtype-a/

i think my findings are hardly conclusive, but like most things on this site it is peoples experience as appose accademia that provides the most honest insight into what is going on.

i would also like to add that alto and all the site staff do a wonderfull job with this site.

last point to alto, what do you mean in your last post by "more likely it was a hypersensitivity reaction" ?

• Administrator

Thank you, lionboy.

Withdrawal often makes our nervous systems hypersensitive. You can have hypersensitive reactions to light, sound, foods, touch, odors, etc. Usually, people experience this as overstimulation, exactly as you have described.

Like chemical sensitivities, it sounds like you might be sensitive to some strong scents.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

hi alto

when i re read your comments i thought i should add that whilst i used olbas in the past for a cold (specifically olbas impregnated tissues) and had a reaction, I was already at a low ebb as I had recently had a reaction to antihisthamine.

This last episode occured when i visited a barbers who used hot towels on me doused in olbas.

I didn't give it much thought until i re read your comments, however i guess the oils whould have been absorbed into my body through the pores in my face.

i don't know about anyone else, but i feel compelled to find meaning in everything that happens to us on this journey.

• Administrator

You might have had a reaction to the heat as well.

So I gave in and bought the oils and tried them , the lavendar and went to bed and had horrible panic. Can those cause that? I thought they would help. I asked the lady that sold me them and she said its.my body's way of detoxifying. Idk if I believe that. I'm very sensitive and all the people that sell them swear by them but I don't get my hopes up about anything. I think when your in withdrawal the only thing that helps is time. At least the only.proven thing.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2895-antoinette-lexapro-withdrawal/page__p__31234__hl__antoinette__fromsearch__1#entry31234

Lexapro for 10 years

Cold turkeyed in April 2012

Reinstated and had severe adverse reaction in may of 2012

I have used essential oils and they can be powerful. Most importantly, everyone responds differently. People can have a paradoxical response just as with drugs. I always tell people to try a very small sniff (never put directly on skin) before buying.

I definitely do not buy the "detoxing" BS. Sounds a bit like doctors telling patients to increase dose after a bad reaction.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I don't like Lavendar, either.

Thank you for responding! That's what I thought, it reminded me of when I had a bad reaction to lexapro and the doctors told me to stay on it. I feel like I can't trust anyone. I think its just a matter of time with withdrawal. There's not a miracle cure.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2895-antoinette-lexapro-withdrawal/page__p__31234__hl__antoinette__fromsearch__1#entry31234

Lexapro for 10 years

Every time I feel bad trying something new like a supplement or whateve, its always the story if I feel bad--"you are detoxing". Well idk how true this is, but I know it does happen. I remember when I first did a real cleanse, I did feel bad but not too bad. When I was done, I felt better and cleaner.

So I guess detox can happen and yes these oils are really powerful stuff. Go slow!!!!!

Various SSRIs/SNRIs 7- 1/2 years

Went Cold Turkey from Celexa 2011, Stayed Off

Psych Drug Free and Loving Life (over 6 years and counting)

How I Stay Well: Diet, exercise, meditation, supplements, etc

Every time I feel bad trying something new like a supplement or whateve, its always the story if I feel bad--"you are detoxing". Well idk how true this is, but I know it does happen. I remember when I first did a real cleanse, I did feel bad but not too bad. When I was done, I felt better and cleaner.

So I guess detox can happen and yes these oils are really powerful stuff. Go slow!!!!!

I agree about detox, in general. It's a 'feel worse before feeling better' process. I have no doubt that essential oils can be used to detox.

In the case of withdrawing from drugs, anything that detoxes or aims to speed the process will likely defeat the purpose of slowly tapering and may exacerbate symptoms. This was discussed elsewhere on forum in relation to cleanses, colonics, chelation. I will try to find it.

Just wanted to clarify my earlier statement.

Thank you. I'm gonna keep those at bay for now. I sure as hell don't need anything to feel worse.

Lexapro for 10 years

• Administrator

Ummm, sound lovely. I like to pet my rosemary and basil plants.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy