Facebook fun for a change of pace

Nikki

I go on FB many times. It is an opportunity for me to keep in touch with my cousins and see pics of their beautiful kids.

On my FB page it's mostly about Fun, Laughter, Beautiful Pics, and alot of Healing Philosophies. It is a marvelous distraction in a pleasant direction.

I know alot of people are skeptical and I understand that.

My friends and contacts keep it easy going and healthy. I guess it depends on who are your FB friends.

There was a friend who constantly posted very sad, disturbing stories, so I did block her. What a difference.

Words With Friends in essence is very challenging and I look at it as "plasticity" you know keeping my brain working.

Some of my SA friends are there and it is great.

I may not have a rich bank account, but my life is rich with friends ;)

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• Moderator Emeritus

And I do enjoy the pictures you share ;)

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

http://prozacwithdrawal.blogspot.com/
Original drug was sertraline/Zoloft, switched to Prozac in 2007.
Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

I have very mixed feelings about Facebook. I used to be very active with friends from high school and all stages of my life. During withdrawal, I started to get very jealous and compared my life to theirs, something I rarely did previously. Withdrawal has opened my eyes to the huge hole in the last 10 years of my life.

I started to participate again and am limiting my exposure to certain people. I have to clarify that nobody did anything to intentionally trigger my feelings. It was completely my *stuff*. One sweet friend is just too *RAH RAH* for me to tolerate at present. ;)

I'm the opposite in that I appreciate people who are willing to honestly share the low points. This differs from a friend who whines constantly about trivial things and does nothing to improve her "awful life" or "lack of life".

I, too, enjoy the travel pics.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

• 1 month later...

Barb, I make it a point to stay away from people from High School. They are all still in the competitive mindset with their peers, and I don't want to be involved. I don't go to reunions, ever. It's not that High School was bad for me and I wasn't unpopular, but I know how these people are and when I hear of them or have seen them on FB, they act the same way as they always did. Bragging about their new cars and homes. All that is material and doesn't interest me.

I have a lot of friends on FB that I've met over the years from Spiritual forums. I go there every day, all day, off an on. It's my go-to place online. I like it for the same reason Nikki said. I get inspiration there, support and a lot of kind, caring people.

We just have to block the people that are drama. It's simple. I've widdled my friends list down and got rid of the drama. If you don't want to hurt friends feelings by doing that, then make a second profile with a screen name. I know of a couple of my friends that do this. They have one FB for family and one for online friends.

Taper from Cymbalta, Paxil, Prozac & Antipsychotics finished June 2012.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Barb, I make it a point to stay away from people from High School. They are all still in the competitive mindset with their peers, and I don't want to be involved. I don't go to reunions, ever. It's not that High School was bad for me and I wasn't unpopular, but I know how these people are and when I hear of them or have seen them on FB, they act the same way as they always did. Bragging about their new cars and homes. All that is material and doesn't interest me.

I have a lot of friends on FB that I've met over the years from Spiritual forums. I go there every day, all day, off an on. It's my go-to place online. I like it for the same reason Nikki said. I get inspiration there, support and a lot of kind, caring people.

We just have to block the people that are drama. It's simple. I've widdled my friends list down and got rid of the drama. If you don't want to hurt friends feelings by doing that, then make a second profile with a screen name. I know of a couple of my friends that do this. They have one FB for family and one for online friends.

Thanks AGAIN, Shanti. I hope to one day (soon!) have a fraction of your internal peace.

Between the time I wrote the last post and now, I've again become very sensitized to peoples' statuses, nothing pointed or directed to me. At times, I find it lifts my own spirits to encourage others with comments and other times, everything seems to trigger my jealousy: mention of a job, a kid/grandkid, event..

I found Robert Augustus Masters page to be a safe haven right now. Integral/depth psychologist and writer. He explores the dark emotions and places that I've never ventured into prior to withdrawal digging it up.

Can you recommend any groups or ways to find groups? I still have not gotten into Words with Friends or Farm, Zoo, etc apps. I have friends who spends hours with those, which is probably what I need as distraction right now. Aside from WWF or other games that would stimulate my brain, they sound silly.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

I'm in a group called "Thoughts" and "Christian Philosophy". And some other Gnostic and Spiritual groups. Any Christian group I'm in is Esoteric, which isn't mainstream. Just search on FB the word "Spiritual" and see what groups come up. Or, find groups that fit your interests. I really like Philosophy, Shamanism, Native Spirituality, Buddhism and Taoism. These things all bring inner peace. I joined one about adults with Aspergers and another that is only for my Myers Brigg personality trait, INTP. If you type in your personality type, then you'll find groups about it. It's pretty interesting to be in a group of people that have similar personality to your own.

There are some family members and old friends that I keep on my list. But they tend to spark negativity in me with some of their comments. I keep them on my list but unsubscribe to their updates. That way they won't know I'm not seeing their stuff.

Taper from Cymbalta, Paxil, Prozac & Antipsychotics finished June 2012.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy