Altostrata

Announcements

Punarbhava

For personal reasons, Healing is stepping down as a moderator.

Thank you, Healing, for all your help. You've done a brilliant job making the Finding Meaning forum a vibrant center of the community. We all look forward to your continued contributions.

Our level-headed and dedicated Patience is the site's new assistant administrator, to help with administrator tasks.

Just saw this post.

I was wondering where Healing was these days. She's been such a positive force in the forum and thus, I'm so sad to hear she has had to step down as moderator. I sincerely hope she's doing okay and I send her positive, healing and supportive energy.

I miss her energy and hope she returns soon!

Patience, congratulations on your position as assistant administrator. It's good to hear that Alto has this additional support.

Punar

Altostrata

Please welcome Crocus as a moderator.

In a short time, Crocus has become a beacon of comfort and calm on this site. She is also working on establishing peer support groups near Denver, Colorado, where she lives, and has found a purpose in helping people withdraw from psychiatric drugs and return to good health in all ways.

On top of that, she's read "book in the library about psych meds, litigation, nutrients for brain health."

Thank you for your help, Crocus!

Crocus

Well, thanks Alto for the kind words.

I feel very passionate about being here for myself and others as I, like everyone else involved is "playing with all the marbles" in that the quality of our lives is deeply impacted by the misrepresentation of AD's. The way we decide to respond to this challenge can make all the difference in getting our lives back as well as paving the way for the flood of others who will need support in dealing with a problem that we did not create - but must now solve.

summer

Welcome Crocus... you've already added much here, and I'm sure you'll be a terrific moderator!

Altostrata

Problems with e-mail sent to members from the site resolved

We had some problems last week because another site (not SA) on our shared hosted server was blacklisted for spamming. This caused e-mails routed through our hosted server -- such as alerts about new posts to watched topics -- to bounce because hotmail, Comcast, etc. were refusing to route mail from a spammer IP address.

That has been resolved by our host, and I haven't received any more bounce notices.

Such is the risk when you share a big server with dozens of other sites.

Altostrata

I want to welcome alexejice to our team of moderators. He will also take on some technical administration tasks.

alex has been a valued part of our community since its beginning, contributing posts wise beyond his years. He's seen every kind of up and down in his own condition -- now, thankfully, on the mend.

Thank you, alex, for being so kind and thoughtful and offering your skills as a moderator.

Altostrata

Changes!

Crocus and Hopeful have retired as moderators.

Crocus has gone back to work. Hopeful has moved on and will be posting her success story soon.

I am very happy to announce strawberry17 is a new moderator, keeping an eye on the Tapering forum.

No one knows tapering better than strawberry. She's chronicled her multi-year attempt to get off sertraline, switch to Prozac, and get off Prozac here. Her Intro topic is here.

Altostrata

The admirable Jemima will be moderating the Symptoms and Self-care forum.

Jemima knows symptoms only too well! In her own words, she's been on a hellride with misdiagnosis and adverse reactions to all kinds of medications, including misadventures with Lipitor, Lexapro, Pristiq, and Remeron.

She is recovering and figuring out how to reconstitute her life. Her Intro topic is here.

Altostrata

Please welcome Whatever as a moderator, free-range for the time being.

She's also been through everything -- went off a ridiculous cocktail of Celexa, Zyprexa, Depakote, Ativan, Ambien and Phentermine in 2002 cold-turkey (which she would NEVER recommend to anyone), lost several years to recover, and is here to help others rebuild their lives.

Shanti

I am glad to see you all in these positions. You're experience, while painful, is now so helpful to us. Very good choices from Alto.

Altostrata

I am happy to welcome peggy as a moderator.

Peggy will be keeping an eye on the Introductions forum and helping taperers, as well as others -- because peggy is a very helpful person!

peggy was initially prescribed Effexor XR 13 or 14 years ago for post-partum depression. She tried to go off several times.

She is now counting out Effexor XR beads to taper and has become quite an expert on this technique.

Welcome, moderator peggy.

Altostrata

dalsaan has graciously agreed to help as a free-range moderator.

She's been wrestling with mirtazapine (Remeron) withdrawal since 2008. After an accidental cold turkey and 4 unsuccessful withdrawal attempts, she's winning this bout with gradual tapering using a liquid.

There's no one who knows tapering better! Welcome, dalsaan.

Altostrata

A few days ago, this site suffered a minor hacker attack. This caused Google to put a warning on our site address.

There never was any malware being downloaded from this site.

The bad code inserted by the hacker was fixed and this site is safe. The Google warning has been removed.

KellyS

Alto, if you need any help at ALL with running this site, please let me know I would be glad to help out!

moonbow0202

I just got the google warning and proceeded anyway.

alexjuice

The home page directs to the Discussion forums lately.

Started approximately at same time I got DANGER warnings. It used open to the Welcome page.

Coincidence?

Altostrata

Request for fix has been made. Some setting has gone awry, it's no problem. Thanks.

Altostrata

The site URL is set to default to Welcome, it should be displaying properly. If not, try flushing your browser cache.

alexjuice

The site URL is set to default to Welcome, it should be displaying properly. If not, try flushing your browser cache.

It's back!

Altostrata

When tezza first joined SurvivingAntidepressants.org in January 2012, she was so groggy and confused she could hardly type.

tezza was taking Risperdal, Lamictal, Xanax, Remeron, and Neurontin, and pain medications SOMA and Lorcet, plus other medications for glaucoma, etc. Her story is here.

tezza was having a terrible time tapering off Risperdal. She was very sensitive to dosage decreases. Using the micro-taper method she learned here, she reduced from .5mg to .19mg Risperdal. She also tapered 100mg Lamictal to 6.25mg; Remeron 30mg to 4mg; and discontinued Neurontin.

Along the way, tezza found her voice. She also became very knowledgeable about tapering off psychiatric drugs.

Please welcome tezza, our new moderator! She'll be keeping an eye on the Introductions forum and Tapering forum.

Jemima

A big welcome to tezza! I've been noticing how helpful your posts have been for some time now, and I believe you will be quite an asset as a moderator! :) Welcome to the team!

Barbarannamated

Congrats, Tezza. Ditto what Jemima said!

Altostrata

Please welcome basildev to our moderator team.

After some false starts over the years, basildev is slowly tapering off citalopram. She's quickly learned the ins and outs of tapering and supported others with her calm insights.

Welcome, basildev!

tezza

Hi Everyone,

I missed this thread some how, thank you all for the welcomes!

I actually came by to welcome you, basildev! Good to have you aboard!

Tezza

basildev

Hey thanks Tezza and Alto.

I hope I can help in some small way:)

Altostrata

Narcissus (formerly pgd0308) is our newest moderator.

Narcissus has been on one psychiatric medication or another since he was a teen. After a couple of failed attempts to quit, he is now involved in the great adventure of tapering off Effexor, in all its permutations.

Welcome, Narcissus, to our mod team.

In the meantime, peggy is going to take a break from being a mod to take care of herself. Thanks for your help, peggy, and good healing to you.

basildev

Hey Narcissus,

welcome! Great to have you aboard

Jemima

Welcome, Narcissus! Good to have you on board in a more authoritative capacity. I've been appreciating your thoughtful posts for some time. :)

Altostrata

In case you could not access the site earlier, from our hosting service:

Maintenance Notice - In order to provide a higher level of performance and service for our customers, we will be upgrading the server your site is located on this evening, this upgrade will improve the performance and increase it's availability and uptime. While we try to minimize any schedule downtime, this upgrade will require approx. 1-2 hours of downtime for this process. We have scheduled this for between the hours of Friday April 19th at 23:00 and 03:00 EDT Saturday. 

Altostrata

SOFTWARE UPGRADE AHEAD JUNE 1

The software this site runs on is going to be upgraded.

Some of the moderators have looked at it and don't think the changes will be very difficult to get used to.

Some things will work better and be easier to use. The biggest change is that we will lose our "Welcome" page until I figure out how to configure it again. (We will also lose the "Donations" tab, but donations can still be made through the PayPal button.)

The site's security will be better.

Very sorry for the disruption, the hosting service requires this change. I hope it will not be too confusing for you and me!

Altostrata

Reminder, everyone -- the site software will be upgraded for tomorrow, June 1.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.