Altostrata

Announcements

mammaP

Great news Bubble, it's good to have you on board.  :)

Petunia

Its great to have you as a mod, welcome and thank you for the time and thought you put into your posts.

bubble

Cheers to my technical skills - I only managed to stumble upon this thread today (and it wasn't for lack of searching ;)))

I hope I can compensate for this with some other skills plus I believe in everyone's potential to learn (therefore have to believe in mine as well ;)

Thank you very much for your kind words!

Altostrata

cymbaltawithdrawal5600 will be moderating the Read This First forum.

cw has been invaluable in giving technical guidance to newbies, and introducing us all to the soothing qualities of purritos.

Thanks so much for doing this, cw!

Petunia

Its great to have you on the team CW and I certainly appreciate your techie skills, I learned how to attach a photo much easier than I was doing it by reading through one of your posts.  Not quite sure what purritos are though :unsure:

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Thanks Alto and Petu. Glad you found my info useful.

Purrito = kitten + cloth

Roll and serve whenever a lift in spirits is needed. Deliciously adorable. My avatar has 3. (I'd try it with my own cat but he is so big I'd need a beach towel and he would shred me to pieces if I even thought about trying it.)

Brandy

You'll be terrific for this! Thank you in advance for the help you'll be giving us. (And for the help you've already given!)

(If I tried to turn my little tyrant fluffy little kitty into a purrito, I'd be the one rolled tight in a towel!)

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Thanks, Brandy, for the kind words.

I guess some of us have been gifted with cats who don't do 'adorable'. Darn it.

Good job on your sig!

Altostrata

Some site structure changes:

• Changed name of Family and Friends to Relationships
  • Grouped Events, Controversies (public) and Off-Topic (members-only) under a new heading, The Commons

Altostrata

The site was offline for a little while today for a system update.

I hope this didn't frighten anyone. I didn't know they were going to do it or I'd have given advance notice.

Well, here we are again!

Altostrata

JanCarol has joined our moderator team.

JanCarol has been treated with half the drugs in the psychiatric armamentum, with adverse reactions that led to a complex diagnosis with accompanying complex drug cocktails -- and metabolic disorder.

She has explored alternative therapies, yoga, and martial arts. After a heroic job tapering off reboxetine, she is now working on minimizing lithium. Her story is here JanCarol - Reboxetine first, then lithium.

Please welcome JanCarol!

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Welcome JC!

You'll do well as a mod here I am sure of it.

dalsaan

Hey JC

Welcome to the team. Great to have you on board

Dalsaan

Altostrata

cymbaltawithdrawal5600 is going to take a break from modding, but will be available to answer Technical support in this forum.

westcoast has joined our moderators.

westcoast experienced a disastrous series of medical errors that led her to psychiatric treatment, where she suffered adverse reactions to Effexor as well as other drugs. She has been working on recovering from withdrawal syndrome and drug damage for years. She has been working on a project for Rxisk.org and is an activist in her own right.

Please welcome westcoast to our mod team.

dalsaan

Welcome Westcoast, delighted to have you on board

Dalsaan

Petunia

Its great to have you on the team Westcoast, I hope you settle in quickly.

Altostrata

ten0275 is now a moderator.

In a short time, Dave's kindness and good sense have become apparent to everyone.

His gateway drug was Ativan. After many turns on the benzo withdrawal merry-go-round and adventures with several other psychiatric drugs, he is now tapering his last drug, mirtazapine very, very carefully.

Welcome, ten0275.

Altostrata

Our long-time member Skyler, who has contributed so much to the Benzo forum, is now a moderator there.

After a long, long battle with benzos, Requip, and Lyrica, she's learned a great deal about tapering. It's looking good for ☼ Skyler, the benzo-Lyrica connection

Welcome to the mod team, Skyler.

Altostrata

I want to welcome areyouthere to our moderator team.

RU first came here in August 2012 tentatively considering tapering off Lexapro, Wellbutrin XR, and Xanax after nearly 20 years of being on one psychiatric cocktail after another. She was tired of having no energy. Her Intro topic is areyouthere...Will begin taper this Spring?

Well, she liked our philosophy about gradual tapering to individual tolerance and began to taper Lexapro right off. She tapered part-way down, then worked on the Wellbutrin and Xanax. On less drugs, she's feeling a lot better.

Along the way RU learned a whole lot about every kind of tapering. She is a tapering maven. Welcome to our mod team, RU!

manymoretodays

Super.  Welcome areyouthere and thank you.

Altostrata

Addax is now a moderator.

Put on Prozac as a teenager, Addax decided to go off it 25 years later. After an unsuccessful attempt to go off 60mg, she ended up on 40mg Prozac and 150mg Wellbutrin, experiencing activating side effects from both. Her Intro topic is Addax 25 years of Prozac and trying to quit

She adopted gradual tapering methods and do-it-yourself liquids, and though there were ups and downs, a year later, she's off Wellbutrin altogether, stable at 20mg Prozac with side effects greatly reduced, and contemplating further reductions.

Through it all, she's learned a heck of a lot about tapering and withdrawal symptoms. Please welcome Addax as our newest moderator.

Jemima

Welcome, Addax! I've been impressed with your intelligent and thoughtful posts for quite a while and I'm very glad that you're on board.

Altostrata

Brassmonkey is now a moderator.

BrassM has been a member of this site since 2012 as well as a member of the now-closed paxilprogress for years.

He's been tapering Paxil since September 2011 and is the inventor of the Brassmonkey Slide Method of tapering, "dropping 2.5% a week for four weeks and then holding an additional two weeks to let things settle out." He's truly a master of tapering!

Please join me in welcoming Brassmonkey to our moderators.

Petunia

Welcome Brass, its great to have you as part of the moderating team and thank you for all your support on my thread over the last year.

Skyler

Hey there... good to have another dude on board. Welcome to the 'team'.

DLB

Brass is certain to be an asset to the team, his " Brassmonkey Slide" that he used as a modified 10% taper has worked well for him and I'm certain he can help pass it along to others on the site who are having trouble getting off Meds. He also has a way of comforting people who really need it. Great guy....

Altostrata

Please join me in welcoming apace41, aka Andy, to our moderator team.

Andy has been a voice of kindness and reason for many months. His journey off sertraline (after a benzo microtaper) is recounted in apace41 Tapering Sertraline He's now down to 20mg, from 100mg. He really knows tapering!

Thank you, Andy, for trying on the moderator hat.

brassmonkey

Welcome Andy.  It will be great to have your help.

AliG

Congratulations Andy.  :)   You will be  a great  mod !

Altostrata

The entire site was down today for a few hours. The problem was cleared up with the hosting service.

Individual member accounts were not affected. Very sorry for the inconvenience.

Altostrata

Welcome the good KarenB to our moderating team!

KarenB is tapering Effexor XR after 5 years of bouncing from one antidepressant to another.

Since joining us last February, KarenB has made discoveries in self-care and the rate of tapering (by weighing Effexor XR beads with a scale) that is tolerable for her. Her Introductions topic is here http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8151-karenb/

Many have appreciated her eloquent, kind, and sensible posts. Please welcome her as a moderator.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.