Altostrata

Announcements

dalsaan

Very lucky to have you on board. Welcome to the team

D

brassmonkey

An excellent addition, Welcome to the team Karen.

ChessieCat

Great news!!!  We need all the help we can get.  Thank you.

KarenB

Thanks you guys,

I'm really over the moon about this.  :P:D:lol::)

manymoretodays

Thank you KarenB. !!!!  :)

Altostrata

Please welcome Fresh to our fine team of moderators.

Fresh has steadily learned the ins and outs of tapering since joining our community 10 months ago.

After more than 25 years on a variety of antidepressants, she's currently tapering Pristiq by using custom-compounded capsules. Her story is here Fresh's Fractured Fairytale: How Much Can a Koala Bear?

Welcome, Fresh, to our staff.

ChessieCat

Congratulations Fresh!!!  You've been doing well as a non-mod so I'm sure you'll keep up the great work.  CC

manymoretodays

Awesome!  A fine team of moderators.  :)

KarenB

Yay - welcome to our Freshest moderator :P

Petunia

Its great to have you on the team Fresh and thank you for all your help since you've been a member.

roadback1

Congratulations, Fresh ????????????????????

You have already helped so many , including myself !

RB

Icandothis

The work you guys are doing on here and continuing to improve them is so very appreciated ....I hope that you are able to achieve what you are setting as a goal....the support here is invaluable

Altostrata

Thank you, Icandothis.

Veteran moderator Skyler has returned to the Benzo forum, and our new member Wellness has agreed to be a moderator there as well.

Riding on benzos, Wellness has gone to heck and back. She's been kindly sharing the knowledge she gained with folks in benzo groups on Facebook. Her story is here ☼ Wellness: Healing nicely

Please welcome Skyler back and Wellness as a new moderator!

brassmonkey

Welcome Wellness.  It's wonderful to have you join us.

manymoretodays

Nice to see Skyler back too.  I hope I can glean some further tidbits on survival. 

Altostrata

The site will be unavailable for 10-15 minutes sometime in the next 24 hours, for a software upgrade.

ChessieCat

Has the logo had a subheading added recently?

brassmonkey

Good catch CC.  We've had a number of people show up lately looking for support and fine tuning of their drug cocktail and not wishing to taper off.  The change was made to help clarify our position before they sign up.

Altostrata

Please join me in welcoming SquirrellyGirl as a moderator.

SG has struggled with antidepressants for 20 years. Finding Emotional Brain Training (EBT) to be very helpful, she decided to go off drugs and has been working on tapering the latest, Effexor XR and mirtazapine, since June 2015, all recounted in her Introductions topic. Now working with a homemade liquid to taper mirtazapine, she knows tapering techniques very well.

Since joining SA last June, SG has contributed more than 500 wise advisory posts, appreciated by all.

Please join me in welcoming SquirrellyGirl to our moderator team.

ChessieCat

Hi SquirrellyGirl, congratulations!!!  Great to have you as a mod.

brassmonkey

Welcome SquirrellyGirl, I'm so glad you joined us, it's really great having all the help you've given us so far.

manymoretodays

Welcome SG.  also a bit jealous as I have over 500 posts and am not always appreciated but do know this is not a competitive sport and will definitely be fine.........man, I can't even do links and all that.....probably will never have an avatar even........it is waht it is, just fine..........just had to state as it makes me laugh to get it into words.

Many thank yous to Alto and all of you.  (having a good day...yay)

KarenB

Congrats SG - it really is good to have you on board with all your knowledge and empathy. 

Karen

x

Petunia

Welcome to the mod team SG, and thank you for all the help and support you have given to members here so far.

Dan998

I'm very pleased that SG is now a mod, she's given me some good advice recently and I really like her writing style.

Altostrata

Very pleased that the busy ChessieCat has agreed to become a moderator.

After realizing that 100mg Pristiq was far too strong for her and causing many distressing adverse effects, Chessie started the arduous process of tapering last November, with a combination of 50mg tablets and custom-compounded capsules. Her Introductions topic: ChessieCat: So I'm not the only one

In the meantime, she's embarked upon an Email Campaign to inform mental health about the problems of tapering off psychiatric drugs, sending out thousands of e-mails, and an educational Web site of her own http://adwithdrawal.weebly.com/

Aside from her insight into her own tapering, Chessie has become very informed about many topics in our Tapering and Symptoms and Self-Care forums, and made many helpful posts to guide newcomers to SurvivingAntidepressants.org.

Please welcome ChessieCat to our staff!

ChessieCat

Thank you for your introduction and welcome, Alto.  It's certainly a bit daunting taking on the mod role, but I feel confident that with the support of the existing mods I'll learn more and be better able to help the members.  I feel very proud to be part of a great team.

KarenB

Yay :)  Welcome ChessieCat - it's so good to have you with us.

SkyBlue

Yayyyyy Chessie! Thanks for being there for me. 

I have the goal of becoming a moderator, sometime when I'm more well, and being there for people on this amazing site. :) 

Altostrata

Thank you, SkyBlue.

Altostrata

Many of you have been "met" at the door by kind AliG, who joined just over a year ago and immediately started helping people.

Like so many people, AliG was convinced she needed antidepressants and has been on a dozen of them, one right after the other, for many years. She more or less cold-turkeyed off Valdoxan in May 2014 and has learned -- and taught -- a great deal about self-care as she recovers from the waves and windows of protracted withdrawal syndrome. Her Intro topic is here.

Please welcome AliG to our moderation team!

brassmonkey

Yea AliG!!!!! Welcome to the Mod Squad.

ChessieCat

Welcome AliG.  Woohoo!!!  Another Aussie added.

manymoretodays

AliG............how great is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yeah! :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.