A good sleep mask?

basildev

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi everyone,

Can anybody recommend a good quality, comfortable sleep mask to buy online?

I think having tight elastic around my head will probably hinder my sleep, not help it so I'm looking for the best option.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

thanks

July 2001 prescribed 20mg citalopram for depression;
On and off meds from 2003-2006.
February 2006 back on 20mg citalopram and stayed on it until my last attempt at tapering in September 2011.
By far the worst withdrawal symptoms ever. Reinstated to 20mg citalopram
October 2012 - found this forum!
Nov 2012 to Feb 2013 did 10% taper, got doen to 11mg - was going great until stressful situation. Cortisol levels hit the roof, hideous insomnia forced me to updose to 20mg.
March 2016 - close to 100% back to normal!

****** I am not a medical practitioner, any advice I give comes from my own experience or reading and is only my perspective ******

• Administrator

I got one that's silk and cotton from Amazon for about $6 US. The elastic is adjustable.

Wash a couple of times before using, they may have put lavender oil on the fabric.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

thanks!

February 2006 back on 20mg citalopram and stayed on it until my last attempt at tapering in September 2011.
Nov 2012 to Feb 2013 did 10% taper, got doen to 11mg - was going great until stressful situation. Cortisol levels hit the roof, hideous insomnia forced me to updose to 20mg.

****** I am not a medical practitioner, any advice I give comes from my own experience or reading and is only my perspective ******

• Administrator

Earth Therapeutics is the brand.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• Moderator Emeritus

Great.

I'm a stomach sleeper so not sure how comfortable a sleep mask will be.

• Administrator

This one is very light and soft, just as they say (for a change).

• Moderator Emeritus

cool - I hope they ship to Aus.

• Administrator

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=596190

Supplements stores also carry them. Google "Earth Therapeutics silk cotton sleep mask"

• Moderator Emeritus

oooh fantastic!

Thanks so much Alto:)

I got this mask from Etsy and have been very pleased with it, after trying several others that didn't work well. The seller ships worldwide. The double, adjustable elastic straps allows for a custom and comfortable fit and it doesn't move around on my head. (I'm a stomach sleeper, too.) It's super comfy and completely light blocking. And machine washable. Very highly recommended.

Sparrow

2009-2011: tapered off Trazodone, Namenda, Lamictal, Dextroamphetamine, Zyprexa; cold-turkeyed Pristiq; reduced Lexapro dose 50%.
On clonazepam since 2004, 0.5 - 1.0 mg daily PRN. Three failed (too rapid) partial tapers, 2010 - 2011.
Dec. 2011 - March 2013: Tapered off 0.5 mg clonazepam (Klonopin)

August 2013: Switched to liquid escitalopram (Lexapro) and began tapering from 10 mg.

January 2014: 4.5 mg escitalopram

March 2014: One year off benzos

May 2014: 3.0 mg escitalopram

June 2014: severe depression, updosed to 4.0 mg

Sept 1, 2014: 2.7 mg

Dec 7, 2014: Can't get below 2.5 mg without unbearable symptoms. Doing an extended hold (I hope)

March 2015: TWO YEARS POST-BENZO

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Sparrow,

I'll look at that one too.

• Moderator Emeritus

Here's my pick: http://www.drugstore.com/macks-dreamgirl-contoured-sleep-mask-pink/qxp411696?catid=183129 It has sturdy, adjustable straps that go above and below the ear, plus earplugs. Drugstore.com has arrangements for international shipping.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

• Moderator Emeritus

cool - thanks Jemima.

Maybe I'll buy all three!!

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy