SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ Brassmonkey: Talking about myself

brassmonkey

Hi Frank-- I'm so glad you could make it over.  Quite a lot of people made it over so there are a bunch or familiar names.  The people we have invaded are great too, very helpful and a ton of knowledge.  I'm really happy I could help you.  Being able to share my experiences had been a big key to my recovery so it goes both ways.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Tom good luck with the next slide sequence. Was reading about sa's micro-tapering and it sounded very much like a 'brassmonkey slide' .

Yes can relate to the power of suggestion ...reading some of the stories that come in is sometimes ...well ...not easy.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

You need to check out post #898 in the PP is Closing thread.  MapleleafGirl has found the group and is looking for you.  Said the site got shut down before she could finish a PM to you about Facebook.

Hi Brassmonkey:) i sent you a a PM:) glad to see you here! i just joined up yesterday!

Michele aka MapleLeafGirl

Paxil Free Since June 1st 2014

Was on Paxil for 8.5 years on and off from 2001

Did a 4 year successful taper off 20mgs of Paxil

My Successful Tapering Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/7812-mapleleafgirl-successfully-tapered-off-paxil/

Tapering Schedule:

3rd attempt at withdrawal going slow..compounded pills
05/27/2010 - 03/12/12: Tapered From 20mgs - 6.2 (2nd year into Taper)
04/11/2012 - 6.0 - 3.4 - 05/05/2013 (Third year into Taper)
06/04/2013 - 3.2 - 1.0 - 05/31/2014 (Fouth and Final Year of Taper)

February 9th 2016 month 20 off paxil and four year taper..experiencing a horrible wave bad bad bad

May 2016 Made the decision to go back on an SSRI  - Currently on Escitalopram 10mgs but planning to taper at some point in the near future

Hi MLG-- I so glad you found us.  Got the PM. There are a ton of the old crowd here and a lot of really great new people to meet.

Thanks Stardancer, I'll take a look at it.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Brass, My theory about this subtitling dream is that it's about this group (SA), it's how we communicate, and we were represented in your dream as barely seen friends as people in This group, we don't see in person in our day to day lives, just communicate through "subtitles". We can't always relate to how we feel ourselves, hence the autocorrect and missing words. Your neighbour in his new van couldn't answer because he's not in this group, and maybe you don't talk to him about the things we talk about here, hence the fact you couldn't communicate with him.

I love dreams, they are our brains way of processing out thoughts. I still dream about smoking, even though I gave up ages ago. In fact last night, I dreamt I picked cig butts up and smoked them!

paroxatine.30mg-98-14 (16years)/15mg March 14/15mg may 2014 every two days on docs advice, went nuts so went up to 10mg. Took 2months to stabilise.10mg July 2014-sept 2014 (6.9mg)tried WD at 10% every two weeks. went nuts, nearly left husband, cats and country.10mg sept-December 14/9mg Dec-Jan 15/8.5mg Jan-Feb 15/8mg Feb-March 15/7.5mg march 15/7mg march-present. By October, off meds and on ivf. 3 failed ivf and end of 11yr relationship.10mg/July 16- July 17/5mg Jan 18- july 18

0mg july- present. Really struggling 

I like it micro.    I like this interpretation.   :)

Put on Prothiaden for severe depression in 1989.  Recovered.   Prescribed Paxil for another bout of depression around 2000.   Have been trying to taper ever since but always crash about 2 months after getting to zero.   Because of the crashes, for years I thought that there was something wrong with me.   Then found that the crashes were simply withdrawal.   Now following a maximum of a 10% reduction every month or so and ready to slow down any time I feel any symptoms whatsoever.  Feeling good:).

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

Howdie BM.

Hope that you are well xx

Brief seroxat history:

20mg April 1997

0mg Summer 1998

30mg October 1999

20mg October 2002 -July 2011

20mg -5.2mg July 2011 - August 2012

Crashed at 5.2mg August 2012

10mg present date. Stable :-)

Hi Tom,

Just wanted to put my hand up and stay in touch. 

Hope your slide went well, and yes can relate to your great description of "how it sometimes feels".  I'm only 5ft 3" and it sometimes does look along way down sometimes.  Time/space all gets thrown out of kilter.  Sometimes it looks/feels that I have MORE space around me, other times constricted.

I read I think from Micro, that there is a post #898 which discusses the closure of PP.  I didn't think that we could access that post following the closure PP?

Someone else (? sorry) asked whether you were going to create an avatar for yourself and was wondering thesame myself?

I can't import one yet because my computer can't cope, chops and changes just like WD.  E.G.  Can now use 'smilies', at least for this day.

I'm tossing up between molten metal getting poured from a crucible or a dead duck, and everyone has been so helpful finding images of same I might have to find a molten duck.

Just glad that we are all hooking up somehow or other and am trying to re-connect with all old and new friends.

Been in a window for a WHOLE WEEK!  Ain't life grand when this happens? :wub: Luvin' life.

I'm so glad that people have made it over here, helps me in more ways than one :o and now my 'smilies' are working whereas before they were 'greyed' out and couldn't access them.  Don't want people to think I'm playing silly buggers because my computer REALLY IS ready for the scrap heap. 

Prescribed 30mg Mirtazapine approximately 10 years ago.  PTSD 

C/T 50% of dose - dreadful, hellish

Begin to reduce by 10% every 3-6 weeks

now:

5.11.14 4.50mg - going to wait a bit longer

That's pretty much the way I saw it micro.  Never heard of anyone having subtitled dream though that was something new.

Hi Julieann, it's good to see you, hope you're doing well.

The avatar is way down on the "I'll get to it" list at the moment, I really need to get it done though.  Other stuff has a bad habit of cropping up and getting in the way.  First week of the slide had treated me well, nothing out of the ordinary.  I have been very stiff and sore all week but that probably has more to do with the cold and rain.  The rental we got while Monica's car is being repaired is a pickup truck.  So we are taking advantage of that to haul another load of stuff to the storage shed and pick up some book cases that a friend is getting rid of.  All this in the pouring rain.  Made me think I was back in London.  Now we are home and warm again and heading out for dinner in just a bit.

have fun with the pick up truck. We need a load of fire wood, you deliver up here?

2 Timothy 1-7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Effexor 75mg to 262.5mg 2005-2010 for post partum depression

Started having poop out mid 2010, also switched generic brands, then crashed in Dec 2010 (anxiety/ "terror", intense DR, anhedonia, suicidal ideation, chills, insomnia, horrible intrusive thoughts, disorientation, ect)
Rapid "tapered" from 262.5mg Effexor in 3 months

Tried Celexa,Cipralex, then Paxil to deal with wd(this switching made things worse and added akathesia)

Found online support and started tapering Paxil 7 months after quitting Effexor (at this point was having small windows).

Paxil taper: dropped 10% every 4-8 weeks

Year 1 October 2011 to Nov 2012 20mg to 10mg

Year 2 March 2013 to Feb 2014 10mg to 4mg

Year 3 April 2014 to May 2015 4mg to 1.1mg

Year 4 June 2015 1.1mg , dropping by 10% until .5mg, after then dropped by 0.1mg every 5 weeks until 0.1mg.

Finished! Official last dose of 0.1mg on June 15/16

I have a whole load of aged California Ceder available, but I charge mileage. lol

Looks like this slide is going to be a rough one.  Last week went pretty well, but it's hitting me big time today.  Very agitated at work, and the other people didn't help the situation any, or the freezing cold shop, or the schitzoide computer.  I was able to maintain fairly well by avoiding people.  When I got home Monica knew immediately. First time in months I've had "paxil eyes".  Oh well I've had a nice window for many weeks now, so I guess it's time to pay for it.

I'd be agitated by stupid people at work and a temperamental computer too.  Hope a new window opens for you soon.

Personal history of GAD and 4 melancholic depressive episodes - two treated with Amityptline

Family history of Bipolar Disorder - goes back at least 3 generations

Adult son with autism, ADHD, intellectual disability and Bipolar II

Put on Aropax / Paxil in July 1997 for anther episode.  Decision to stay on it - worst decision of my life.

Began to poop out in late 2008. Switched to Lexapro March 2009.  Made me suicidal.  Tried Cymbalta for 19 days. Horrible w/d.

Found PP and RI'd Aropax at about the same time - August 2009.  Began slow taper in 2010. Crashed in 13-11mg range in mid 2013.  Switched to Citalopram 21 Oct 2013 in an attempt to stabilise.

There are things that are known, and things that are unknown; in between are doors - Anonymous

https://itunes.apple.com/au/book/longing-for-life/id958423649  My book about my unsuccessful journey through IVF

'paxil eyes' lol.   Love it.   Hugs Tom!

Put on Prothiaden for severe depression in 1989.  Recovered.   Prescribed Paxil for another bout of depression around 2000.   Have been trying to taper ever since but always crash about 2 months after getting to zero.   Because of the crashes, for years I thought that there was something wrong with me.   Then found that the crashes were simply withdrawal.   Now following a maximum of a 10% reduction every month or so and ready to slow down any time I feel any symptoms whatsoever.  Feeling good:).

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

Do you get the smooth muscle of your of face appear as though it is dribbling down your face?  Whole face drops.  It's a good look ;) .

Prescribed 30mg Mirtazapine approximately 10 years ago.  PTSD 

C/T 50% of dose - dreadful, hellish

Begin to reduce by 10% every 3-6 weeks

now:

5.11.14 4.50mg - going to wait a bit longer

Oh Tom - thanks for the laugh!  :)

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

Glad you enjoyed my misery. LOL  Actually I try to laugh at it when ever I can 'cause it lightens its grip.  It is really a very distinct  look. The main thing is the dead look in the eyes.  The pupils are large, black and lifeless.  The eyelids droop as does the rest of the face.  I can really physically feel it when it happens.  Things lightened a bit during the evening but I did feel a marked lack of emotion.  This morning the intrusive thoughts are the big problem.  I get one batch shut down and another subject crops up, just a constant bombardment.  I can still fell the eyes doing their thing.  I think that there was a bit of a warning on Sunday night because I was having a lot of leg twitches, which I haven't had in a while, also my desire for sweets is rising which is a sure sigh of stress of some sort.  Just when I was starting to make a little headway on the weight too, wouldn't ya know it.

Okay, glad to know I'm not the only one with the paxil face and eyes!  I have noticed  when it's not there...I look like a normal person for a while.  Wow.  So many weird symptoms this stuff causes.  I thought it was just me.  So, perhaps one day we all won't look so bad.  The intrusive thoughts, too...such a nuisance...they just hammer away.  

Big (((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))) for you, Brass.  

KittyQ

CT off paxil-April 2009

Hope things are looking up brass, I think it's great you are so self aware, even down to knowing craving sugar means your stressed. Sending you hugs.

paroxatine.30mg-98-14 (16years)/15mg March 14/15mg may 2014 every two days on docs advice, went nuts so went up to 10mg. Took 2months to stabilise.10mg July 2014-sept 2014 (6.9mg)tried WD at 10% every two weeks. went nuts, nearly left husband, cats and country.10mg sept-December 14/9mg Dec-Jan 15/8.5mg Jan-Feb 15/8mg Feb-March 15/7.5mg march 15/7mg march-present. By October, off meds and on ivf. 3 failed ivf and end of 11yr relationship.10mg/July 16- July 17/5mg Jan 18- july 18

I get that face too.  It's more haggard and pale and flaccid for me.  I also get the twitches.  None right now though.  Sad to hear you are in a bad spot.  So happy Monica can spot it and help you out :)

1998- Began taking 20 mg. of Paxil for homesickness 2001-CT and crash/hospitalized 1 week for anxiety. Tried quitting, changing to other ADs, gave up. 2014 -Weaned @ 10% every 4 weeks. Latest 5-14 11.7 mg., 6-14 10.5 mg., 8-21 9.5 mg., 9-17 7.7 mg.,10-14 6.9 mg., 11-14 6.2 mg., 12-14 5.6 mg., 1-15 5.0 mg. 2-15 4.5 mg. (miscalculated may actually be 3.3), up-dosed to 3.7 3-17-15. Hydroxyzine HCl 25 mg. as needed (antihistamine) for anxiety.

More of the same. Intrusive thoughts and agitation for the most part.  The brain fog has been rising this morning and I really seem to be misjudging spaces, missing things when I reach for them, tripping over things more that usual.  I am also very stiff which is making it hard to move.  Funny thing is that my typing seems to be pretty good today, unlike it has been for the past few weeks.

I'm sorry that you're having a rough go at it.  The winter doesn't seem to help.  I hope you are feeling less paxilized soon.

(((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))

zoloft 2004-08 tapered too fast(2 weeks)
Luvox 5/08 100 mg 07/10 40mg via small reductions, 08/10 39mg, 09/10 38mg, 10/10 37mg, 11/10 36mg,2/11 35mg, 5/11 34mg, 8/11 33mg, 11/11 32mg, 01/12 31mg, 03/12 30mg, 4/12 29mg, 5/12 28 mg, 8/12 27 mg, 11/12 26 mg, 1/13 25 mg, 3/13 24 mg, 4/13 23 mg,6/13 22 mg, 7/13 21 mg, 8/13 20mg, 10/13 19 mg, 11/13 18 mg, 12/13 17 mg, 1/14 16 mg, 3/14 13 mg, 9/14 10.9 mg,  1/15 10 mg, 3/15  9 mg,  5/15 8 mg. 11/15 7.12 mg.  4/16  5 mg, 6/16   4.5 mg,  9/16 4.2 mg, 1/17 3.48 mg, 2/17  3.2 mg,  4/17 2.2 mg, 5/17 2.0 mg, 6/17  1.74 mg, 7/17 1.58 mg, 9/17 1.27 mg, 11/17 1.0 mg,  1/18 0.79 mg

So happy to see you here, Tom! I just joined.

Amy K (from Pp)

Current dose: 0! Free!  Quit June 2017.

2017: Last dose zoloft: 17 June 0,00065 mg 18 May 0, 001 mg 14 May 0,002 mg 9 May 0,003 mg 28 April 0,006 mg 19 April 0,009 mg 8 April 0,013 mg 25 March 0,019 mg 22 March 0,039 mg 18 March 0,052 mg 16 March 0,079 mg 4 March 0,086 1 March 0,099 mg 22 February 0,11 mg 15 February 0,13 mg 6 February 0,145 mg 24 January 0,15 mg 19 January 0,19 mg 10 January 0,20 mg 3 January

2016: 0,98 to 0,22 mg; 2015: 2,35 to 1,01 mg; 2014: 4,9 to 2,5 mg; 2013: 9,1 to 5,1 mg; 2012: 15,7 to 9,7 mg; 2011: Started on 25 mg - then 50 mg- dropped to 25- to 12.5 mg - back to 25 mg - after 18.75 mg started tiny tapering to 16.6 mg

Started on 25 mg Zoloft in March 2011 due to stressrelated tinnitus that gave me panicattacks. Had a terrible reaction to Zoloft from start, but was told to "hold on". After four months I was stuck. Therefore the long taper. Crazy, I know... Super sensitive to drops and have dropped by 4-6 % from the previous dose.

Hi, Tom,

I often saw your posts on PP. Forgive me that I haven't caught up on your whole thread here.

I'm sorry you're having a hard time lately. Have you read the "fact sheet" about when you get to the lower doses? (I'll try to find it if you have trouble locating it.) (Or DW5600 will probably beat me to it lol.)

But I'm thinking you might need to adjust your taper a bit more now. (Forgive me if this has been discussed in your earlier posts. Don't have time to read all atm.) Your sig says:

... When I hit 3mg it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.

Current dose 2.3mg 01-05-2015

I understand the difficulty you've had measuring those small lower doses. But I'm concerned that dropping in equal amounts, even though you've lengthened the time intervals, might be causing you problems given the nature of end of taper low doses, since this way the percentage of drop is increasing even though holding slightly longer after dropping.

Have you tried getting - or making your own - liquid, for making precise small doses where percentage of drop decreases rather than (effectively) increases? Also holding even longer between drops, small as the drops are?

Again, disregard if I'm duplicating past discussion either here or in the past on PP.

Hope you feel better soon!

I was "TryingToGetWell" (aka TTGW) on paxilprogress. I also was one of the original members here on Surviving Antidepressants

I had horrific and protracted withdrawal from paxil, but now am back to enjoying life with enthusiasm to the max, some residual physical symptoms continued but largely improve. The horror, severe derealization, anhedonia, akathisia, and so much more, are long over.

My signature is a temporary scribble from year 2013. I'll rewrite it when I can.

If you want to read it, click on http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/209-brandy-anyone/?p=110343

Hi Amy K--  I am so glad you found us, I was worried about you.  I hole everything is going well.

(((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

Brandy-- Thanks for the help.  I am in the "sorting out the information stage" of trying to decide what to do.  The information about occupancy rates and the like at lower doses in new to me.  Such things didn't get discussed at Prior Place, but they make a lot of sense.  Getting the liquid would be a major pain in the *** as I no longer use the Dr that did my prescriptions, and my current Dr doesn't know about it and I don't want to bother explaining.  Making my own is a possibility.  The three slides of 1mgpw works out to 10% for the total drop.  Right now I am thinking that I will hold each slide for 2 weeks instead of the usual one and then have a two week hold tacked on the end.  My symptoms are not all that bad, just all the more noticeable because I came off of a really nice extended window, but I'd really like to diminish them as much as possible.

I feel for you brass monkey.

I had to make the decision after dropping to 2.5 mg lexapro that I waa still 2 years off zero dose.

It is disheartening.

I am finding miltiple doses of magnesium through the day helps. Also exercise.

But that is just me and it might just be a window.

I'll be making up liquid lexapro to drop from 2.5 mg to 0 over the next 2 years.

Good luck!

Hope you find a path through!

Off all SSRIs as at November 2016.

Been on SSRIs (mainly Lexapro) for around 15 years.

failed attempts to go cold turkey before I got proper info on it.

Over last 2 years I've slowly gone from 20 mg Lexapro to 2.5 mg Lexapro.

on 25th Jan 2015 I've now moved to home made liquid Lexapro.

Plan is to drop roughly 0.2 mg per month over the next 1-2 years.  

25th Jan 2015 2.5 mg Lexapro liquid.

24th Mar 2016 1.0 mg lexapro (crushed tablet mixed and refilled into capsules)

Planned to be at 0.0 mg lexapro by about October 2016. 

I also take 50-100 mg modafinil per day, no short term plans of stopping/tapering modafinil but will re-evaluate after I'm off lexapro. 

Tinnitus is up more that usual and I've been having flashes of migraine aura.  Hopefully it won't develop into anything but there is a bit of nausea and head tightness going along with it that is making me nervous. Hopefully a good nights sleep will help.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Tom,

I just caught up with your thread and when reading about your increased symptoms, I had the same thoughts as Brandy, now that your dose is so low, you may need to decrease the percentage of your cut, even though you are doing longer holds.

But as you wrote, you are still sorting through the info before making a decision.  Most likely, you have found all the associated links, but in case you haven't, here are a few with some relevant discussions and ideas.

Micro-taper instead of 10% or 5% decreases

How to make a liquid from tablets or capsules

The slowness of slow tapers

Of course, if you don't mind having increased symptoms with each cut and are happy to just ride them out each time, then there is no need to change anything.  But its usually possible to keep symptoms after a cut minimal by reducing the percentage.  That first link explains how.

I hope you are feeling better after a good nights sleep.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Hey brass, sending you hugs and giving you a stalk xxxx

Thanks for dropping in Micromonster  XXXXXX hugs back.at you.

Just got back from the Industrial Medicine Clinic.  Major (LOL) accident at work yesterday.  I was moving some stuff on a cart when the load shifted and I ended up with a torn ligament in my left pinkie finger. Nothing disastrous but it hurts pretty good.  Not much they can do about it but tape it to my ring finger and try not to work it too hard.  So far they can send 2015 back where it came from.   

oh Tom.    Bugga!

I'm with you.   2015 is a bit of a ### at the moment.   Did you hear I smacked my car into a kerb at 80kph?   It's in the mechanics now waiting for appraisal, and I've had to rent a car.   sigh.....

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi BrassMonkey,

Sorry to hear about your accident and your recent slide into a wave of symptoms.  Im not on Paxil, Im on Mirtazapine but I have found these lower doses harder to manage in terms of dropping small/slow enough to avoid symptoms.   I really get the occupancy rate stuff.

I manage this with a compound liquid but many people make their own.   I'd really give that some thought and then rethink your taper strategy to give you a more gently drop.

Hope 2015 turns in a better direction for you.

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

You sure are having a rough run of things! I am sorry to hear about your finger. How long will it have to be restricted? Is the tooth still coming along? Praying for you....

1998- Began taking 20 mg. of Paxil for homesickness 2001-CT and crash/hospitalized 1 week for anxiety. Tried quitting, changing to other ADs, gave up. 2014 -Weaned @ 10% every 4 weeks. Latest 5-14 11.7 mg., 6-14 10.5 mg., 8-21 9.5 mg., 9-17 7.7 mg.,10-14 6.9 mg., 11-14 6.2 mg., 12-14 5.6 mg., 1-15 5.0 mg. 2-15 4.5 mg. (miscalculated may actually be 3.3), up-dosed to 3.7 3-17-15. Hydroxyzine HCl 25 mg. as needed (antihistamine) for anxiety.

Thanks Ladies-- the finger will be on limited use for a week or so.  It' slowing me down a little, but not a whole lot.  I made an elastic band to keep it secured to the ring finger when I don't need a lot of dexterity, so far it seems to be working pretty well.  I go in on Friday to get crown fitted over the root canal.  It took a couple of days for the pain to subside, but since then the tooth has been fine.  The WD symptoms have settled in at a livable level.  Yea Dalsaan and Petu it looks like the low doses are going to be tricky to navigate.  The 1mgpw (pill weight) works out to 1/12th of a mg active ingredient so I think it is going to be more a matter of timing.  We shall see, I'm still open to making my own liquid though.

BM, glad to hear you are getting some relief.  I am interested in how you will be doing the liquid when the time comes.  I am thinking of doing the same thing, but a little scared I will do it wrong.  Have a happy Hump Day ! :)