SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ Brassmonkey: Talking about myself

brassmonkey

They've been BFFs for most of 20 years, so can't let a little sickness get in the way. lol They are all very upset that it happened.  We may pay more attention to the farming cycles though so we can miss hay season next time.

I'm starting to see a little progress.  Doctor gave me antibiotics and they seem to be helping. I didn't cough all night last night which is a plus, but boy do my stomach muscles hurt.  Been up for an hour or so, so it's almost time for a nap.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus

Just caught up with your thread Brass and am sorry to hear that you and Monica are ill and hope you both get better soon. 

I love your anger spiral post, it is really good and will be trying to use it in my life when things go wrong, instead of being devastated I'll change the channel. 

The summer solstice depresses me, stupid I know but it is the start of days becoming shorter and winter returning and I hate the short dark days, I shall change the channel and think about the rest of summer instead of the coming winter.  :D

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Summer Solstice is the transition from youth to maturity.  There is still a lot to accomplish before the dark time of rest and rejuvenation.  This is a time of anticipation, hopes and dreams.  All the hard work we have done during the beginning of the year is starting to show signs of growth but it still isn't secure.  So there is much watching, waiting and tending to be done through this season of growth to make sure it all turns out right.  Then as fall approaches we can reap the rewards of that labor and enjoy the spoils of our efforts before taking a much earned rest and doing it all again next year.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

The bronchitis is taking it's own good time to sort itself out.  The coughing fits aren't constant but are a lot more instance. I do seen to be able to breath freely from time to time, so I guess some progress is being made. I was able to get out and do some yard work yesterday.  We're having a real heat wave running in the 38/100 plus range, so I took a few hours and got the window air conditioners put back in.  They really take the edge off of the heat.

Made my latest drop this morning down to 7mgpw or .56mgai. It's such a tiny bit of powder on the scale.

• Moderator Emeritus

Nice that you were able to breathe well enough to get some house tasks done. Hope each day you get stronger and the bronchitis gets weaker.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Minor amounts of coughing during the night and just a little so far this morning, so things are getting better.  Another week or so and should be alright.

Totally stoked, we just booked an African Safari for January.

keep gettiing better Brass

Thats great about the drop! Not long now at all....I know how small that is on the scale. Couldnt get my scale to actually read anything lower than .004g at all, no matter what I did, even using the calibration weight thing. You're so close!

2 Timothy 1-7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Effexor 75mg to 262.5mg 2005-2010 for post partum depression

Started having poop out mid 2010, also switched generic brands, then crashed in Dec 2010 (anxiety/ "terror", intense DR, anhedonia, suicidal ideation, chills, insomnia, horrible intrusive thoughts, disorientation, ect)
Rapid "tapered" from 262.5mg Effexor in 3 months

Tried Celexa,Cipralex, then Paxil to deal with wd(this switching made things worse and added akathesia)

Found online support and started tapering Paxil 7 months after quitting Effexor (at this point was having small windows).

Paxil taper: dropped 10% every 4-8 weeks

Year 1 October 2011 to Nov 2012 20mg to 10mg

Year 2 March 2013 to Feb 2014 10mg to 4mg

Year 3 April 2014 to May 2015 4mg to 1.1mg

Year 4 June 2015 1.1mg , dropping by 10% until .5mg, after then dropped by 0.1mg every 5 weeks until 0.1mg.

Finished! Official last dose of 0.1mg on June 15/16

• Moderator Emeritus

Brass, I just started the BrassMonkey slide. Approx 2.5% drops. Going well so far. thanks!

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

• Moderator Emeritus

Minor amounts of coughing during the night and just a little so far this morning, so things are getting better.  Another week or so and should be alright.

Totally stoked, we just booked an African Safari for January.

I hope you feel better soon, Tom. The African Safari sounds really cool. Withdrawal definitely has not slowed you down!  :)

Just wanted to keep a copy of this here:

I see WDnormal as the overall baseline of where you are in general. The place you are when you're not feeling good, but you're not feeling bad. Sorta a rolling average of the past couple of months between the windows and waves.  Watching the level of WDnormal is a good indicator that things are improving.  Over time you should be seeing a raising of the standard for WDnormal.  So how you're feeling now is better than say six months ago. It changes very slowly but is a really good indicator.

Many people have the idea that stability is feeling good again, when in fact it's feeling the same level of blah day after day with no big swings to the better or bad. When a person does a drop in dose there will be a corresponding increase in WD symptoms over the next few days.  These symptoms will resolve themselves over the following several weeks and return the person to a slightly raised baseline of discomfort. The time frame and severity are dependent on a huge number of factors and end up being unique to each individual.  But the pattern remains.  This is why paying attention to your WDnormal is very important.  It is also referred to as listening to your body.  After a drop in dose and the symptoms have resolved to WDnormal the person then should wait a couple of more weeks to let things really settle out (there are a lot of little unfelt changer still going on) before considering doing their next drop.

During that waiting time people may think that they're not doing anything and want to get on with it.  When in fact doing nothing is very proactive.  It's those little unfelt things that need to be finished up before the next step can be taken.  It's letting the glue harden, the paint dry, the cement cure.  The things that need to be complete before the path is safe to walk on again.  If these details are ignored then they start to pile up and compound each other, then somewhere down the line the foundation slips out from under us and the whole thing collapses.

• Moderator Emeritus

The concept of WDnormal makes a lot of sense to me. Im still not sure what my WDnormal is, but this is a question I've had for some time. Thanks!

My suggestions are not medical advice. They are my opinions based on my own experience, strength and hope.

You are in charge of your own medical / healing / recovery choices.

My success story |  My introduction thread

ZOLOFT FREE - COMPLETELY DRUG FREE 4/28/2019! - total time on 28+ years

BENZO FREE! 4/7/2018 - total time on 27+ years

REMERON FREE! 12/11/2016 - total time on 15 months

Caffeine & Nicotine Free 2014 / 2015 - smoked for 28 years

Alcohol Free 4/1/2014 - drank for 30 years

That last part you said about the foundation makes so much sense.

I think it's also very wise and insightful Tom.

I really agree with you. We have to take it slow and really take care of ourselves.

It would be devastating, at least for me, for everything to fall apart down the line if you rush things and don't let your body really "cement cure" or imprint the progress.

In my next drop I will do the Brassmonkey slide I think for sure.

2010 started 10 mg celexa, 2011 went up to 20 mg

06/2014 started tapering (20 mg,10 mg alternate days)

19/09/2014 crashed at 10 mg

20/09/2014 updosed to 20 mg to try and stabilize- Never stabilized and CNS basically plummeted

August 31 2015- Started my 5% taper anyways

May 3 2016- At 14 mg the tapering caught up with me- Withdrawal included severe anxiety, feeling like im on speed, suicidal and homicidal ideation, akathesia, feeling like I was on heroin, memory loss, PGAD, feeling like I was on an acid

May 4 2016- Updosed to 15.5 mg to try and stabilize

​June 4- Started taking 2 mg 5 times a day which adds up to 10 mg because of akathesia when taking my full dose. Akathesia symtpoms smaller

July 27th- Dropped from 15.5 mg to 10 mg because could no longer tolerate taking drug- bad side effects mainly akathesia and emotional deadness.

​Oct 11- Improved a lot since May 4th after my crash. Withdrawal symptoms still left- DR/DP, emotional anasthesia, akathesia, tingling in head, feeling like my body and face disappears, messed up sound interpretation, perception and difficulty reading social and emotional cues during DR/DP, apathy, inability to tell if I am in dream or reality, disturbed sleep. Started having few windows

I also love your Stephen Hawking quote!

What a hero that man is.

2010 started 10 mg celexa, 2011 went up to 20 mg

06/2014 started tapering (20 mg,10 mg alternate days)

19/09/2014 crashed at 10 mg

20/09/2014 updosed to 20 mg to try and stabilize- Never stabilized and CNS basically plummeted

August 31 2015- Started my 5% taper anyways

May 3 2016- At 14 mg the tapering caught up with me- Withdrawal included severe anxiety, feeling like im on speed, suicidal and homicidal ideation, akathesia, feeling like I was on heroin, memory loss, PGAD, feeling like I was on an acid

May 4 2016- Updosed to 15.5 mg to try and stabilize

​June 4- Started taking 2 mg 5 times a day which adds up to 10 mg because of akathesia when taking my full dose. Akathesia symtpoms smaller

July 27th- Dropped from 15.5 mg to 10 mg because could no longer tolerate taking drug- bad side effects mainly akathesia and emotional deadness.

​Oct 11- Improved a lot since May 4th after my crash. Withdrawal symptoms still left- DR/DP, emotional anasthesia, akathesia, tingling in head, feeling like my body and face disappears, messed up sound interpretation, perception and difficulty reading social and emotional cues during DR/DP, apathy, inability to tell if I am in dream or reality, disturbed sleep. Started having few windows

I just posted this to Triplem15's thread and wanted to share it here also:

Hi MMM-- I'm glad to see that you're not rushing things and still working on getting good and stable.  This would be a good time to work on sharpening your skills with mindfullness and some of the self care techniques that are talked about elsewhere on the site.  It's best to work on them while ones mind is clear and not have to try and learn them if the need arises.

When a person tapers using a scale to measure their dose it actually is done using percentages of the pill weight, because that's the way we have to weigh it.  Because all pills are not created equal weight we then translate the pill weight into AI (active ingredient) weigh to give us a common measurement to work with when we discuss our tapers.

I have conducted my entire taper using 40mg paxil tablets.  They weigh 500mg each. To calculate each dose reduction I would do the following; (previous dose in pill weight) X .9 = new dose in pill weight.  This would be the amount I would weigh out.  But it would not equal the same pill weight dose of someone who was using 20mgai tablets, or someone using a different manufacturers tablets.  So to compare notes we need to use the AI calculation: (previous dose weight AI) X .9 = new dose in AI weight.

Using a 40mgai tablet at 500mgpw makes it so that each 1mgpw gives me 0.08mgai.  This was workable until I got down to the tiny doses. I have been using the Brassmonkey Slide Method for my entire taper and wanted to keep using it as long as possible. This entails doing 4 cuts of 2.5% a week for 4 weeks and then holding an additional 2 weeks.  When I started to taper below 3mgai this was not physically possible because of the limitation of the scales only weighing in 1mgpw increments. So I switched to tapering by 1mgpw and adjusted the number of cuts per slide accordingly. In that manner I was able to keep each slide under 10%.  At first I was able to maintain 3 cuts per slide but then had to adjust to two cuts.  Recently I've had to resort to 1 cut each time and with the last cut I'm being forced to do more that 10%. I don't think this will be a problem as I only have three cuts left before I plan to jump off. The jump will be at about 2mgpw or 0.16mgai. The amount of powder is about half the size of this "o".  The symptoms from each cut have been negligible at worst so I see no problem with this.

My taper has been a very long, slow, but stead process. It has been a true 10% every 6 weeks with one extended hold at the 10mgai point and a couple of extra weeks thrown in during the end game.  It will end up being five years almost to the day when I make the jump.  For the most part the improvements in symptoms have been pretty linear on a quarterly basis. Day to day, week to week they have been quite variable.  I was in hardcore poopout when this all started so any change was for the better.  It took about 6 months for the improvements to registrar, and most of 2 years before I could state that I was making real headway.  After the third year I was feeling improvements with each drop, after the initial uptick from the drop settled out. During the last year I have seen most of the symptoms drop away.  I still have a lot of fatigue and muscle weakness and my cognitive functions are still not where I would like them to be, but they are all steadily improving.

Comparing myself with others (which we shouldn't do) I would have to say that I have done very well.  Friends who have tapered using the straight 10% method seemed to have a harder time with each cut than I did and seemed to take longer to recover from each cut. They are, however, doing well and recovering nicely.  Other friends who CTed from similar doses at the same time are not fairing as well.  They are showing marked improvements, but are still suffering quite badly.

Long answer to a short question, hope it helps.

Hey atom,

Thanks so much for taking time sharing the whole picture of your tapering!

It helps a lot to those who are still behind and not yet know what the rest journey would be like.

Love

Lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

Sorry, tried to recall the post for the typo on your name but was not quick enough.

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

Atom is a lot better than a lot of the names I've been called. LOL  Sometimes I wish I could repost my blog from Prior Place so people could have the complete story, but at 85 pages that is pretty impractical.

Still fighting with the bronchitis. The acute phase is over but I'm still having trouble breathing and get painful coughing fits late at night. Probably another week or so before it's really cleared up.

Well we've committed to a major stresser.  Signed the papers for the kitchen remodel on Sunday.  Now we have a timeline to pack it up, tear things apart and get a bunch of work done before the contractors come in and rebuild things. It will be interesting in itself.  On top of that the unofficial start of Haunt Season kicked off yesterday.  So we're on the clock for opening night in just under four months. July and part of August are slow with just making repairs and new stuff, then we start actually setting things up the last week of August.  The schedule will be different this year what with me not working anymore, so it will be interesting to see how it all goes.

So sorry Tom it's taking that long for the extra hassle to subside. Hope it leaves soon with the weather cooling off and not impacting the WD battle. How are you doing with the meds?

I did a whole house remodeling last summer and it actually helped my WD symptoms with ppl working in the house. Hope it Will be a good distraction for you too.

Love and hugs,

Lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

• Mentor

Just wanted to keep a copy of this here:

I see WDnormal as the overall baseline of where you are in general. The place you are when you're not feeling good, but you're not feeling bad. Sorta a rolling average of the past couple of months between the windows and waves.  Watching the level of WDnormal is a good indicator that things are improving.  Over time you should be seeing a raising of the standard for WDnormal.  So how you're feeling now is better than say six months ago. It changes very slowly but is a really good indicator.

Many people have the idea that stability is feeling good again, when in fact it's feeling the same level of blah day after day with no big swings to the better or bad. When a person does a drop in dose there will be a corresponding increase in WD symptoms over the next few days.  These symptoms will resolve themselves over the following several weeks and return the person to a slightly raised baseline of discomfort. The time frame and severity are dependent on a huge number of factors and end up being unique to each individual.  But the pattern remains.  This is why paying attention to your WDnormal is very important.  It is also referred to as listening to your body.  After a drop in dose and the symptoms have resolved to WDnormal the person then should wait a couple of more weeks to let things really settle out (there are a lot of little unfelt changer still going on) before considering doing their next drop.

During that waiting time people may think that they're not doing anything and want to get on with it.  When in fact doing nothing is very proactive.  It's those little unfelt things that need to be finished up before the next step can be taken.  It's letting the glue harden, the paint dry, the cement cure.  The things that need to be complete before the path is safe to walk on again.  If these details are ignored then they start to pile up and compound each other, then somewhere down the line the foundation slips out from under us and the whole thing collapses.

So so TRUE< you said it! SO SO TRUE. GOOD LUCK!

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

I may have already asked you this, but at what point are you planning to completely drop?

zoloft 2004-08 tapered too fast(2 weeks)
Luvox 5/08 100 mg 07/10 40mg via small reductions, 08/10 39mg, 09/10 38mg, 10/10 37mg, 11/10 36mg,2/11 35mg, 5/11 34mg, 8/11 33mg, 11/11 32mg, 01/12 31mg, 03/12 30mg, 4/12 29mg, 5/12 28 mg, 8/12 27 mg, 11/12 26 mg, 1/13 25 mg, 3/13 24 mg, 4/13 23 mg,6/13 22 mg, 7/13 21 mg, 8/13 20mg, 10/13 19 mg, 11/13 18 mg, 12/13 17 mg, 1/14 16 mg, 3/14 13 mg, 9/14 10.9 mg,  1/15 10 mg, 3/15  9 mg,  5/15 8 mg. 11/15 7.12 mg.  4/16  5 mg, 6/16   4.5 mg,  9/16 4.2 mg, 1/17 3.48 mg, 2/17  3.2 mg,  4/17 2.2 mg, 5/17 2.0 mg, 6/17  1.74 mg, 7/17 1.58 mg, 9/17 1.27 mg, 11/17 1.0 mg,  1/18 0.79 mg

Hi MW-- my current thinking is to do probably three more drops which will put me at about 0.36mgai.  By that point the amount of powder I'm playing with will be so small it will be unmanageable.  The scales have a very hard time weighing below 4mgpw and I don't want to bother with liquid for just one or two tiny drops.

First day in three weeks I've felt almost human. The bronchitis is gone according to the doctor, now I just have some lung inflammation that is making breathing a lot of fun, NOT.

So close!! I'm excited for you. :)

Glad to hear the bronchitis is gone, hope the rest clears up soon too. ((HUGS))

a.k.a JMarie

Paxil since Mar.1998

2006-2007:40-20mg
2009: 20mg to 14mg 2010: 14mg to 10.5mg 2011: 10.5 to 7.6mg  2012: 7.5 to 6.8mg

2013: 6.7-6.3mg 2014: 6.2mg-5.8mg 2015: 5.7 to 5.15mg 2016: 5.1-4.6mg

1/19/17: 4.5mg 3/17/17: 4.4mg

6/15/17: 4.35mg 8/10/17: 4.3mg

1/29/18: 4.1mg 5/07/18: 4.0mg

7/31/18: 3.9mg

Wahoozee brass. Great job. And let me just say again what a fantastic job you do on this site. You responses are empathetic but informative just what vulnerable need. Some people have a knack for this, others not so much. You however excel. I don't post much but I watch at times and I often check in on you. I look forward to watching things improve for you even more.

<p>Various benzos 4 months for insomnia prior to Effexor 37.5mg may 2014 for two weeks, Mirtazapine 30mg june 2014 - feb 2015.Pristiq 50 mg Feb 2015. six weeks later attempted coming off with a six week taper. ten days off and it got ugly. Tapering now using compounded pristiq with slow release agent. 37.5 mg 3 weeks, 30 mg 6 weeks, 25mg 4.5 weeks, 20mg for 6 weeks, 17.5 mgs 7 weeks, 20 mg 8 weeks, 19 mg 3 weeks, 18 mg 3 weeks, 17 mg 3 weeks, 16 mg 3 weeks, 15mg 2 weeks, 14mg 2 weeks, 13 mgs 2 weeks, 12 mgs 6 weeks, 11mg 3 weeks, 10.5mg 2 weeks, 10 mg 3.5 weeks. 9mg 4 weeks. Jumped at 8mg currently 16 months free

• Moderator Emeritus

So good to hear you're feeling "almost human", Tom.  Sending healing vibes your way for a full recovery from the bronchitis. 

Not long now!! Keep at it!

2 Timothy 1-7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Effexor 75mg to 262.5mg 2005-2010 for post partum depression

Started having poop out mid 2010, also switched generic brands, then crashed in Dec 2010 (anxiety/ "terror", intense DR, anhedonia, suicidal ideation, chills, insomnia, horrible intrusive thoughts, disorientation, ect)
Rapid "tapered" from 262.5mg Effexor in 3 months

Tried Celexa,Cipralex, then Paxil to deal with wd(this switching made things worse and added akathesia)

Found online support and started tapering Paxil 7 months after quitting Effexor (at this point was having small windows).

Paxil taper: dropped 10% every 4-8 weeks

Year 1 October 2011 to Nov 2012 20mg to 10mg

Year 2 March 2013 to Feb 2014 10mg to 4mg

Year 3 April 2014 to May 2015 4mg to 1.1mg

Year 4 June 2015 1.1mg , dropping by 10% until .5mg, after then dropped by 0.1mg every 5 weeks until 0.1mg.

Finished! Official last dose of 0.1mg on June 15/16

I'm glad you're doing so well!  The pleural inflammation will subside soon hopefully.   According to crazy meds and dose equivalencies where I am currently with my luvox dosage is supposed to be equivalent to 0.9 mg of paxil.  I'm trying to figure out some plans myself to that regard.  You are an inspiration to so many! 

zoloft 2004-08 tapered too fast(2 weeks)
Luvox 5/08 100 mg 07/10 40mg via small reductions, 08/10 39mg, 09/10 38mg, 10/10 37mg, 11/10 36mg,2/11 35mg, 5/11 34mg, 8/11 33mg, 11/11 32mg, 01/12 31mg, 03/12 30mg, 4/12 29mg, 5/12 28 mg, 8/12 27 mg, 11/12 26 mg, 1/13 25 mg, 3/13 24 mg, 4/13 23 mg,6/13 22 mg, 7/13 21 mg, 8/13 20mg, 10/13 19 mg, 11/13 18 mg, 12/13 17 mg, 1/14 16 mg, 3/14 13 mg, 9/14 10.9 mg,  1/15 10 mg, 3/15  9 mg,  5/15 8 mg. 11/15 7.12 mg.  4/16  5 mg, 6/16   4.5 mg,  9/16 4.2 mg, 1/17 3.48 mg, 2/17  3.2 mg,  4/17 2.2 mg, 5/17 2.0 mg, 6/17  1.74 mg, 7/17 1.58 mg, 9/17 1.27 mg, 11/17 1.0 mg,  1/18 0.79 mg

Hi Brass, it's been a while but thought I'd pop in and see how you're doing and it sounds like you're doing well. I'm really happy for you :)  I'm doing okay, about to start with a new doc that is recommended on here, so hopefully things will work out better than of late. I'm sure they will actually :)  Have a great night!  Sarah

All medications::

Xanax (1995-96), Aropax (1995-96), Mellaril (1997-2000), Efexor (1997-2002), Seroquel (2000-now), Lithium Carbonate (2000-now), Avanza (2002-05), Epilim (2005), Seroquel-XR (2000-now), Zyprexa (2002-14), Raberprazole (2000-now prn), Crestor (2009-15), Gabapentin (2009-12), Lamictal (2010-now), Abilify (2011-now) Lyrica (2012-now), Diazepam (2010-now prn), Saphris (2014), Respiridone (2014), Chlorpromazine (2014) Neulatil (07/2016)

Current medications:

Lithium Carbonate 750mg; Seroquel-XR 600mg800mg 04/16, 600mg 04/16, 400mg 04/16, 200mg 04/16, 400mg 04/16, 500mg 04/16; Lamictal 250mg 200mg150mg 04/16; Lyrica 300mg; Abilify 20mg 30mg 11/15 Zoloft 25mg 04/16 ceased after a week due to severe suicidal thoughts; Seroquel 25mg prn; Diazepam 40mg CT Jan 2013, 5mg occasionally, (massive med changes in April 2016 due to a hospital admission).

SupplementsFish oil 4000mgMagnesium 100mg Niacinamide 1000mgSlippery Elm 800mg , B12 1000mcg, Zinc 50mg, B6 100mg, Vitamin D 2000IU, Calcium 1200mgP5P 100mg, Vitamin C 2000mg, Vitamin E 400IU

Hey Sarah--  Thanks for dropping in.  I'm glad things are going well for you and really hope the new doctor works out well.

I'm totally surprised, I had two zapps last night.  Haven't had one in a while.  The first was quite mild felt like a bad piano chord played right between my ears for a second or two. The second one was up a little higher and a lot stronger, more of the traditional electrical shock type.  Other than that the taper is going well, The tiny dose is being a pain to weigh, but not for much longer.

Got a chest x-ray yesterday because of the persistent cough.  Get the results in a few days.

All our plans are proceeding well.  Taking the remodel one step at a time.  Got our airline reservations for the Africa trip.  We're both jumping up and down about that one.  Planning on buying a new fancy camera the next few days, so I can get use to it before the trip gets here. 

Got the results back on the chest x-ray.  Everything is okay, no damage, no disease, a little arthritis in my neck.  So it looks like the coughing fits are bronchial spasms, so that gives me something else to look in to.  The report was concerned that they couldn't find a heart in there anywhere, I don't remember misplacing it anywhere, guess I'll have a dig around in my sock drawer.  LOL   

Hello Brass....glad your x-ray came back ok....I have to tell you I admire your patience and diligence in your taper.  Patience is not my virtue unfortunately and I am having to learn that lesson the hard way.  I have a couple of questions for you....

1.  Do you have or have you had any sleep or akathisia issues....if so how long did it take for the to go away?

2.  What is your plan for when you are completely done tapering and off of your antidepressant if withdrawal symptoms come back in a delayed fashion say 3 months or more after being completely off....I'm hoping this does not happen but just want to know if you have a plan for it....I worry about this because I had delayed onset of withdrawal symptoms after a couple of months off of prozac when I thought I had beat it but I basically jumped off/ct'd at 10 mg.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

1995 - 2015 antidepressants and antianxiety medicine
Multiple failed attempts to quit/taper anti d/anti anxiety meds since 2008

June 17, 2016 began prozac bridge to get off of effexor xr, stopped effexor xr on June 24, 2016, could not tolerate prozac due to severe side effects so I had to stop it  Currently...300 mg ER of lithium, 1 mg of estradiol, 60 mg propranolol ER, Fish oil 2 x a day, Magnesium Glycinate,  zinc, vitamin c, vitamin d, NAC

Hi DG-- thanks for dropping in.  The patience was hard won many years ago.  I gained it from an experience I refer to as my "Seven Years of Pain".  I go into detail about it elsewhere in my thread, but it was the result of a surgery gone wrong leaving me in severe pain that took about seven years to resolve.  It left me with a lot of skills that have been very helpful this time around.  It also left me never wanting to experience prolonged discomfort again so I had a choice, prolonged discomfort or patience/diligence.  To me the choice was easy.  Basically I've been through it all before and know that it is a temporary, all be it long process.  Combine that with my spiritual training and I'm "home free".

For many people here the WD experience is their MYSOP,  a painful learning process.  Out of necessity they must learn patience, diligence, self control, self soothing, acceptance of the situation and much more.  All things that are hard to learn when you feel good, but they have to learn now, because there really isn't any choice.  In the course of a lifetime the several years spent in WD are a very short time. However, once this situation is survived, they come out with an inner strength that unbelievable and nothing will ever be as hard again.  Although painful and it must be for it to happen, what we are going through is one of the greatest opportunities for self growth and personal learning there is.

I've always been an Olympic level sleeper, so very few problems there. Many years ago, prepaxil, I had about six months of stress induced insomnia from an extremely  stressful job.  I got through that, so any small flare ups now don't count.

I've been very lucky as any akathisia  has gone pretty much unnoticed.  I have kept myself very busy my entire taper what with my job, the Halloween Haunt and the like.  I suspect the distraction played a big part in it.

I'm not planning on the symptoms coming back once I've jumped off.  By expecting them to I'm predetermining that they will.  Between WD and MSYOP I have learned that expectations play a key roll in what actually happens.  It's one of life's lessons; "if you don't expect something you won't be disappointed when it doesn't happen."  If something should happen to crop up I'll deal with it then, using the knowledge I've gained over the years.  It's all part of rolling with what life throws at you.

Wow...lots of wisdom you have Brassmonkey...my husband says my endless need to always be prepared for the worst or the "what if this happens" leads me to self fulfilling promises....I believe there is some truth to that....I have had some very freaky not normal life tragedies that keeps me on edge....ie.....sexual abuse at school as a child, my aunt being murdered (almost beheaded) by her stepson, abuse from my first husband who stalked me for a year after I left him, two miscarriages, my grandmother being killed by a tornado that caused her to be crushed while she was sleeping in her bed alone in the month of January....not typically when you have tornadoes in the southeast....so I am always on guard and absolutely HATE to be caught by surprise by something terrible.  I know I need to do personal work and I guess this is God's way of making me stronger.  I like your way of thinking and if I can stabilize on a dosage of prozac that doesn't cause too many side effects I plan to hold for a good long while.  Thanks for your reply and congratulations on all of your personal and medical accomplishments.

June 17, 2016 began prozac bridge to get off of effexor xr, stopped effexor xr on June 24, 2016, could not tolerate prozac due to severe side effects so I had to stop it  Currently...300 mg ER of lithium, 1 mg of estradiol, 60 mg propranolol ER, Fish oil 2 x a day, Magnesium Glycinate,  zinc, vitamin c, vitamin d, NAC

Hey DG-- well that's a butt load of baggage to be carrying around, I'm so sorry you've had to go through all of that.  I am constantly amazed at the back stories I hear around here.  The things people have had forced on them through no fault of their own.  Really scary stuff, but in every case the people have made it through. It speaks highly of their/your desire to survive. Striking a balance between being hyper-vigilant and self-assured is tricky.  It goes back to what I was saying about expectations "relax and don't expect it, but be assured that you can react properly if it happens."  Again, hard won life lessons build that self assurance.

We run into the "what if's" a lot here, primarily as a subset of ruminating thoughts. But they can be caused by real life also.  One thing I'v noticed is that "what if this happens" is a question, which causes speculation, indecision and the like.  This causes fear of the unknown situation.  By dropping the "what" the words are changed from a question to the statement, "if this happens".  That statement can then be followed by a plan which takes the power away from the "what" and gives it to the person. That builds their self-assurance.

Wow Brass...I love how you turned the negative "What if" type statements into a positive "if" statements....never thought of doing that....thanks so very much that helps me!

Well that was an unpleasant night.  I know I did get some decent sleep but right now don't feel like it. Got to bed just after my normal time range at about 2am. Laid there for a while and then got a swarm of minor zaps. That was followed by the beginnings of a coughing fit that wouldn't quite develop all the way and just sat as an uncomfortable feeling in my throat and chest. A few quick hot flashes didn't help. Finally I started to drift off, but went straight into REM sleep for a vivid nightmare.  Brushed that off only to have it happen again.  Third time was a charm and I got to sleep only to have vivid dreams of the "what the heck is going on" verity all night.

Other than that life's exciting right now.  WD is well under control and we are very busy with the remodel and planning for Africa.

Sorry your sleep stunk....Africa and remodel sounds exciting