SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ Brassmonkey: Talking about myself

brassmonkey

Very happy you are living life full with graet energy for the projects, much better than dealing with WD!

It's refreshing to read fun stories on the forum rather than symptoms :)

Hugs,

Lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey everyone, trick-or-treating at BrassMonkey's house! 

(BrassMonkey, did you see a few posts up where I saw a store named in your honor?) :) 

Austinite, respectfully, I do not think you were irresponsible to start supplements. You wanted to get better!!! 

Personally, I think my nervous system thanked me when I stopped most of my supplements during bad WD. 

This included Sam-e, vitamin B (which can be stimulating), and some other stuff.

I don't know if I saw a specific change since things were SO up and down at that point, but I did feel that less was better.

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

• Moderator Emeritus

Yay! the cabinet demolition work is done.  I love the idea of reusing the cabinets. My parents did this 10 years ago in a new-to-them house. Their garage now sports quite a length (12'?) of upper cabinets along the back wall. It's handy for storing paper and canned goods and for gardening supplies you don't want to reach down for. No refinishing on them though, just the 1970s paint job. :o

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Yes I did Skyblue, thanks for the link.  I went to the site but it's still under construction, so I'll have to go back later. I love antique and collectible stores.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Hey everyone, trick-or-treating at BrassMonkey's house! 

(BrassMonkey, did you see a few posts up where I saw a store named in your honor?) :)

Austinite, respectfully, I do not think you were irresponsible to start supplements. You wanted to get better!!! 

Personally, I think my nervous system thanked me when I stopped most of my supplements during bad WD. 

This included Sam-e, vitamin B (which can be stimulating), and some other stuff.

I don't know if I saw a specific change since things were SO up and down at that point, but I did feel that less was better.

Thanks, SkyBlue! I appreciate that you shared your experience. 

Tom, I saw your reply on my thread. Thank you very much!

• Moderator Emeritus

You bet, Austinite! :) 

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

Can't believe it's Friday all ready. Much too busy all week. The demolition isn't all done yet, we've left up the cook top and sink areas and still have the old floor to pull out.  Got the refinished cabinets all installed and mostly filled up again.  That has made a real dent in the mess the house has become. Today we're back on setting up the haunt. Which will make it so I miss the free score multipliers that my game gives on Friday evenings.  The game is being a pain right now.  The random number generators in the computer program have been "off" for a couple of weeks now making it impossible to get decent scores.  Still it's all in fun, but it's nice to get big scores once in a while. That's where tonights free multipliers come in.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus

Just wanted to keep a copy of this here:

I see WDnormal as the overall baseline of where you are in general. The place you are when you're not feeling good, but you're not feeling bad. Sorta a rolling average of the past couple of months between the windows and waves.  Watching the level of WDnormal is a good indicator that things are improving.  Over time you should be seeing a raising of the standard for WDnormal.  So how you're feeling now is better than say six months ago. It changes very slowly but is a really good indicator.

Many people have the idea that stability is feeling good again, when in fact it's feeling the same level of blah day after day with no big swings to the better or bad. When a person does a drop in dose there will be a corresponding increase in WD symptoms over the next few days.  These symptoms will resolve themselves over the following several weeks and return the person to a slightly raised baseline of discomfort. The time frame and severity are dependent on a huge number of factors and end up being unique to each individual.  But the pattern remains.  This is why paying attention to your WDnormal is very important.  It is also referred to as listening to your body.  After a drop in dose and the symptoms have resolved to WDnormal the person then should wait a couple of more weeks to let things really settle out (there are a lot of little unfelt changer still going on) before considering doing their next drop.

During that waiting time people may think that they're not doing anything and want to get on with it.  When in fact doing nothing is very proactive.  It's those little unfelt things that need to be finished up before the next step can be taken.  It's letting the glue harden, the paint dry, the cement cure.  The things that need to be complete before the path is safe to walk on again.  If these details are ignored then they start to pile up and compound each other, then somewhere down the line the foundation slips out from under us and the whole thing collapses.

I love this! I am going to copy-and-paste to my thread as a reminder--hope that's okay. :)

Your very welcome to copy and paste it Skyblue.  It can be a tricky concept to wrap ones mind around and the more it gets reposted the more people can see it.

Had a very full and rather fun day today even though I started out tired and ended tired.  Up early for an hour and a half drive to get to a meeting of the California Haunters Association. A bunch of like minded people to also do haunted houses. Spent a lovely afternoon making scary things and talking with friends. Then drove most of the way home before stopping for dinner with another group and barely making it to the theater in time for an excellent production of "The Fantasticks". One of my all time fave musicals. I haven't seen it since I did a production of if 40+ years ago. Now it's just gone midnight so I think I will sit quietly for a little while and then get to bed.

• Moderator Emeritus

Awesome. Thanks, Brass! :)

Glad you are out there engaged in life and living. Always fun to do creative things like haunted houses and the theater. :)

Had a very full week so far, and it ain't over yet. Got the last stuff ordered for the kitchen and have spent a lot of time getting ready.  Still have some demo to complete but that will all be done by the end of next week.  Spent most of the week clearing and organizing the back patio because all the new cabinets show up next monday and we need a place to store them for a few weeks while the rest of the prep work is completed.  New window and door, electrical work and the like.

Took the evening off Tuesday and went to a concert at the Hollywood Bowl. Classical French Masters.  Had an enjoyable picnic dinner and then listened to a wonderful concert. It's outdoors and actually got a bit cold, which was nice for a change. Fall is a coming. This pretty well wraps up their season for this year, but I think we will be going again next season.  Once you get use to the dynamics of the crowd it can  be a lot of fun.  It's not the place to go for a great classical concert, it's more of an event type of thing. Warm summer night, picnic, good music.

Sounds another productive week and fun evening!

very nice to hear!

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

• Moderator Emeritus

Warm summer night, picnic, good music.

All this sounds awesome, Tom! Glad your taper is going so well. It's good to know what's possible. 

I try to lead by example. As he turns and walks into the edge of the door. LOL

Tom, looks like you're doing great!!  Do you think these tiny doses do anything, or do you think they just prevent withdrawal?

zoloft 2004-08 tapered too fast(2 weeks)
Luvox 5/08 100 mg 07/10 40mg via small reductions, 08/10 39mg, 09/10 38mg, 10/10 37mg, 11/10 36mg,2/11 35mg, 5/11 34mg, 8/11 33mg, 11/11 32mg, 01/12 31mg, 03/12 30mg, 4/12 29mg, 5/12 28 mg, 8/12 27 mg, 11/12 26 mg, 1/13 25 mg, 3/13 24 mg, 4/13 23 mg,6/13 22 mg, 7/13 21 mg, 8/13 20mg, 10/13 19 mg, 11/13 18 mg, 12/13 17 mg, 1/14 16 mg, 3/14 13 mg, 9/14 10.9 mg,  1/15 10 mg, 3/15  9 mg,  5/15 8 mg. 11/15 7.12 mg.  4/16  5 mg, 6/16   4.5 mg,  9/16 4.2 mg, 1/17 3.48 mg, 2/17  3.2 mg,  4/17 2.2 mg, 5/17 2.0 mg, 6/17  1.74 mg, 7/17 1.58 mg, 9/17 1.27 mg, 11/17 1.0 mg,  1/18 0.79 mg

Thanks Mustangwoman-- No I don't think they do much of anything except maybe prevent some WD symptoms. I do notice a bit of an uptick in symptoms a few days after a drop, but it's all very minor. Speaking of which I dropped to .32mgai this morning so we will see what happens over the next week.  I'm meant to be on this dose for four weeks and then jump. But I'm having second thoughts and may try another cut or two first.  I have a lot going on the next several months and don't want to take any chances.  Hope you're doing well, keep us updated. 

I hope your drop goes well!

Luvox 5/08 100 mg 07/10 40mg via small reductions, 08/10 39mg, 09/10 38mg, 10/10 37mg, 11/10 36mg,2/11 35mg, 5/11 34mg, 8/11 33mg, 11/11 32mg, 01/12 31mg, 03/12 30mg, 4/12 29mg, 5/12 28 mg, 8/12 27 mg, 11/12 26 mg, 1/13 25 mg, 3/13 24 mg, 4/13 23 mg,6/13 22 mg, 7/13 21 mg, 8/13 20mg, 10/13 19 mg, 11/13 18 mg, 12/13 17 mg, 1/14 16 mg, 3/14 13 mg, 9/14 10.9 mg,  1/15 10 mg, 3/15  9 mg,  5/15 8 mg. 11/15 7.12 mg.  4/16  5 mg, 6/16   4.5 mg,  9/16 4.2 mg, 1/17 3.48 mg, 2/17  3.2 mg,  4/17 2.2 mg, 5/17 2.0 mg, 6/17  1.74 mg, 7/17 1.58 mg, 9/17 1.27 mg, 11/17 1.0 mg,  1/18 0.79 mg

I don't blame you for wanting to extend it by a few cuts.  I am thinking along the same lines myself.

I'm glad ur slow taper doing great!

2001, Amisulpride (deniban) - 3 months, I taper in some weeks

2001, Seroquel, 4 weeks - quit cold turkey, 2001. Efexxor,  one pill adverse reaction

2002. Amitryptaline (mutabon mite) - 4 months, I taper really faster in some weeks

around more 10 years drug free

4 December 2013, 7 drops of citalopram , adverse reaction

December    2013, Italian supplement called serenplus with tryptophan, 9 pills adverse reaction, quit cold turkey.

After December 2013, Im drug free.

I hope it goes well whatever you decide. You are such a positive model for a slow taper. Good luck with that !   :) 

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

I dropped to .32mgai this morning so we will see what happens over the next week.  

Woo hoo! 

That's an amazing achievement! 

And you do have a lot going on, what with London, and the safari! !  We'll all be standing with celebration signs and cups of kool-aid for you at the finish line! 

Hi brass! Thanks for the (((((((((((( Hugs )))))))))))) on my thread. Right back at you! 

Read my intro here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/7569-chia1214-tapering-lamotrigine-maybe-clonazapam-later/#entry110043

1975 Hospitalized and first exposure to psych. drugs age 13-15 Haldol, Tofranil, Cogentin, Thorazine. On and off numerous AD’s & AP’s no records until 2000

2000 Celexa, Clonazepam 1mg – never exceeded 1 mg except occasional emergency use

2004 Lamictal (Lamotrigine), Effexor, recall add-on trials of Lexapro, Prozac, Wellbutrin during this time also

2007 Lithium added, switch Effexor to Pristiq, still on Lamictal (Lamotrigine) Clonazepam. Some cold turkey quits of everything over the years. No knowledge of WD

2011 Lithuim Gabapentin Lunestra, Lamictal (Lamotrigine), Clonazepam

2012 Taken off all but Lamictal (Lamotrigine), Clonazepam, began Zyprexa

2013 Abilify replaced Zyprexa (high lipids) added Wellbutrin, Prozac, Adderall

2014 Discontinued Abilify, Wellbutrin, Prozac, Adderall, added Latuda, Quetiapine, then stopped those.

December 2014 Found SA Began slow taper of the only remaining two drugs I'm taking

Clonazepam 0 mg Benzo free as of May 30, 2017

Lamotrigine 0 mg as of Jan 7, 2018   

I try to lead by example. As he turns and walks into the edge of the door. LOL

Good one Tom!  You made me smile, and that's a good thing!  You know there are so many little things we forget, and that is one of them, as I have not ran into the door frame for some time now!  I can laugh now when I remember how I used to do that so often.  You are going to well, and I am so proud of you.  I recall you also tried to cut out or stop alcohol at the same time, so you have so very well.  It is hard to believe I have known you now for 5 years!  So long we we have been battling this, but we will get there and you are almost there which is so great!

1995-2007      20mg Aropax/Paxil for pain.  Years of up and down doses

2008                Endep, Lexapro and then Esipram (hell!) CT (oh dear!)

2009                20mg Aropax.  Tried skipping doses for a year (more hell!)

2010                10mg.  10% taper.  Lasted 4 months. Crashed again

2011                5% taper. 9mg-7mg (hell got even worse!)

2012                2.5% taper.  6.6mg – 5.6mg (worser still & unbearable)

2013                5% taper.  Big mistake.  5.5mg – 4.6mg  (even worserer)

2014                2.5% taper.  4.9mg – 4.5mg;    2015 2.5% taper 4.4 - 4.0mg

2016                2.5% taper.  3.9mg  Feb 3.8   Mar 3.7  May 3.6   Jul 3.5

2017                2.5% taper.  Jan 3.4;   Mar 3.35;  Apr 3.3; Oct 3; Dec 2.9;

2018                2.5% taper. Jan 2.8; Mar 2.7; Mar: 2.75; Jun 2.7; Aug 2.6; Oct 2.5; Nov 2.4; Dec 2.3

2019                Jan 2.2; Feb 2.1;

I'm so glad you are still tapering and considering further cut before jumping!

Can't wait for your full success in the near future as our next great survivor!

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

Every day slapstick comedy is the best. Except when it's happening to you. Then  it can really hurt.  My favorite was one time at work going to sit on a chair and missed.  Entertained the office for days with that one. One of my mottoes is "If I can't laugh at my self, who can I laugh at?"  Really, who can I laugh at, any volenteers? I hate laughing at myself. LOL No, seriously WD is such a stressful time in our lives and we end up doing such silly, out of character things because of our lack of control, if we don't try to find the humor in them we add a huge amount of stress to the situation and make it worse.

I posted this on another thread and wanted to keep a record of it here:

I've had several bad cases of the the flu while in WD and each time the WD symptoms faded into the background. It made me realize the importance of distraction and that the symptoms were, for some part, "all in my head".  I think part of it is the illness gives you an excuse for feeling so rotten.  Thinking back, that was clearly a component of my drinking.  Not to mask the symptoms but to justify them.  Making that connection was one of the keys to my stopping drinking and starting to face down the WD.  In fact it was after a bad case of the flu that I stopped drinking entirely.  I hadn't drunk anything for several weeks and decided to just keep going.

I have noticed over the years that being seriously ill (Yes, colds and flu are serious illnesses check out the mortality rates) always leaves a person just a little changed in their mental outlook.  Not that the illness is an NDE (Near Death Experience) but more of a COM (Clarity of Ones Mortality) on a subconscious level. NDEs on the other hand are more like a "slap up side of the head with a wet squirrel" and can shake you to the core.  WD falls somewhere in between sort of a "long game NDE".

Well I didn't see that coming.

Tom, did you mean to include that bit above "secure connection failed"???  I was thinking about some of the silly things we have done (or still do) and it is good if we can laugh at ourselves.  This is my only form of amusement these days, so I have to laugh about it! 

Did you have problems with short term memory loss?  We just got back from our trip and I went to put the thermos away and couldn't remember where it went!  While this was a source of amusement for myself, it is also a concern, as it seems to be getting worse instead of better.  Not only that, where we keep the thermos is a "long term" thing, not something I changed recently.  When I saw the above "failed connection" it made me realise that is what is happening in my brain!

1995-2007      20mg Aropax/Paxil for pain.  Years of up and down doses

2008                Endep, Lexapro and then Esipram (hell!) CT (oh dear!)

2009                20mg Aropax.  Tried skipping doses for a year (more hell!)

2010                10mg.  10% taper.  Lasted 4 months. Crashed again

2011                5% taper. 9mg-7mg (hell got even worse!)

2012                2.5% taper.  6.6mg – 5.6mg (worser still & unbearable)

2013                5% taper.  Big mistake.  5.5mg – 4.6mg  (even worserer)

2014                2.5% taper.  4.9mg – 4.5mg;    2015 2.5% taper 4.4 - 4.0mg

2016                2.5% taper.  3.9mg  Feb 3.8   Mar 3.7  May 3.6   Jul 3.5

2017                2.5% taper.  Jan 3.4;   Mar 3.35;  Apr 3.3; Oct 3; Dec 2.9;

2018                2.5% taper. Jan 2.8; Mar 2.7; Mar: 2.75; Jun 2.7; Aug 2.6; Oct 2.5; Nov 2.4; Dec 2.3

2019                Jan 2.2; Feb 2.1;

Hi GrandamaD-- I see nothing about a "failed secure connection".  I did embed a video of "Make em Laugh" from the musical "Singing in the Rain". Followed by a heavy post talking about Near Death Experiences.

There was a time during poopout and the first several years of my taper when my short term memory was pretty much nonexistent. It has improved vastly over the course of my taper but still causes me some trouble. It's one of those things that I'm never sure how I was before the drugs to make comparisons and then there is the creeping up of "Oldtimers Disease" to muddy the waters.  I have always had long pauses when I speak. I was never one for filling the void with verbalization,  urrrr, umm, like, ya know while I was trying to come up with the right wording. Monica and my friends are use to it, but it can really throw others.

Hey Brass!  Glad to see your doing so well :)

Quick question - just wondering from your experience, did you experience brain-fog/de-realisation type symptoms whilst in poop-out??

Im certain that i have been having tolerance issues for the last few years. One of the main symptoms seems to be the de-realisation/foggy head/out of it/ nothing feels real kind of feeling. It comes and goes but its so dam frustrating. I guess I'm asking, as if its not tolerance or drug related i need to look into what else it may be.

Thanks mate!

Started Citalopram in 2005 (aged 15) for apparent "OCD" - 60mg 

July 2015 attempted 2 x 10% + cuts 4 weeks apart. WD symptoms intense at times. Need to slow down.

November 2016 - Resumed taper. 1.25 - 1.5% decrease weekly approx.

44.5mg November 2016. Jan 2017 42.5 mg. March 2017 40 mg. June 2017 37mg. September 2018 22mg. Nov 2018 Holding at 22mg to stabilise from moderate wave. January 2020 - Holding, mostly feeling fine, but still having some waves at times. 

February 2020 - Resumed taper , 1.5% reduction weekly/every two weeks. 

Hi Nick-- Thanks for dropping in.  Your trip should be getting pretty close now, hope the preparations are going well.

While in poopout I had just about every symptom there is. The primary ones were brain fog/cognitive difficulties and anhedonia, but DR was right up there.  They generally ran at a constant level, no windows or waves just minor fluctuations throughout the day.  That's one of the telltale signs of poopout, it's rather steady state, with the exception that it gets steadily worse over time.  The only way to relieve poopout is to throw more drugs at it, and that doesn't work all that well.

It's possible that you're experiencing it.  There's also the problem taper you did last year that may still have some lingering effects and the symptoms you describe are consistent with just being on the drug. Poopout or just regular symptoms you can be pretty sure it's caused by the drugs. I think once you get established on your taper things will start to improve.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Brass, I just finished reading through your entire thread! :o (Not in one sitting, or even in one day, but in bits and pieces here and there.) 

What a journey you have been on … And what a gift it is that you are sharing it, and your perspective and wisdom, with everyone. 

I had many "me, too!"s while reading-- one of them being more easily able to let go of things/clutter! The lower I get on Paxil, the easier this is! ! I noticed the pleasant change but hadn't even made the connection until I read that you had a similar experience. 

I'm also grateful to you for, among other things, talking about "poop-out." I now believe I was in poop-out for an extremely solid five years at least before saying "Enough!" and deciding to taper. This makes me feel hopeful, because I had--understandably-- thought that worsening symptoms were just my "original condition" (cringe). Now I believe that how bad I was feeling was likely due to poop-out and extreme tolerance, not "just how I am."

I laughed out loud when you said that your doctor thinks you're still on not only 40 mg of Paxil, but also some "Seroquel for good measure!" Gotta LOVE it! ! ! ! ! ! 

Hugs! ! ! ! ! 

It all began five years ago today, it may have been on the 23rd. I'm taking it as a good sign that I can't remember.  I won't write a long post about my journey, I'm saving that for when I take the plunge and jump off in a few weeks.  The end is here I just have to decide when to do it. My original target was 1mg and I'm currently at 0.32mg so I have reduced my dose by 99.2%. One or two little adjustments and then I will do that final 100% cut. This all sounds like I'm going to top my self, but I'm talking about dose reductions folks. LOL

• Moderator Emeritus

:) :) :) Awesome! 

You have come a long way 99.2%.

Update 8122017

Zoloft  2004. Effexor 2004-2006. Paxil 20 mg for 2006-2010. Ct 2010, bad effects back on, stable by 2011.  Poopout June 2015. Zoloft with paxil for a while, stopped Zoloft.

Sep 2016 paxil 16.2 mg alone(295 mg pill weight). Started tapering 11/14/2016.

Took off 1 mg pill weight(total pill weight of 20 mg = 365 mg and 16 mg is 295 mg). Went down 1 mg per week of pill weight so down to 291 mg by end of November. Starting getting anxiety issues starting since 12/10/2016. Hoping that a faster taper will help.

12/14/2016 - 15.95 mg (291 mg pill weight)

12/16/2016 -  15.83 mg (289 mg pill weight)

12/23/2016 -  15.67 (286 mg pill weight)

8/12/2017 -  15.34 (280 mg pill weight)

Your a legend Brass. Good stuff mate!

Started Citalopram in 2005 (aged 15) for apparent "OCD" - 60mg 

July 2015 attempted 2 x 10% + cuts 4 weeks apart. WD symptoms intense at times. Need to slow down.

November 2016 - Resumed taper. 1.25 - 1.5% decrease weekly approx.

44.5mg November 2016. Jan 2017 42.5 mg. March 2017 40 mg. June 2017 37mg. September 2018 22mg. Nov 2018 Holding at 22mg to stabilise from moderate wave. January 2020 - Holding, mostly feeling fine, but still having some waves at times. 

February 2020 - Resumed taper , 1.5% reduction weekly/every two weeks. 

I am so excited for you, Brass!

Current dose: 0! Free!  Quit June 2017.

2017: Last dose zoloft: 17 June 0,00065 mg 18 May 0, 001 mg 14 May 0,002 mg 9 May 0,003 mg 28 April 0,006 mg 19 April 0,009 mg 8 April 0,013 mg 25 March 0,019 mg 22 March 0,039 mg 18 March 0,052 mg 16 March 0,079 mg 4 March 0,086 1 March 0,099 mg 22 February 0,11 mg 15 February 0,13 mg 6 February 0,145 mg 24 January 0,15 mg 19 January 0,19 mg 10 January 0,20 mg 3 January

2016: 0,98 to 0,22 mg; 2015: 2,35 to 1,01 mg; 2014: 4,9 to 2,5 mg; 2013: 9,1 to 5,1 mg; 2012: 15,7 to 9,7 mg; 2011: Started on 25 mg - then 50 mg- dropped to 25- to 12.5 mg - back to 25 mg - after 18.75 mg started tiny tapering to 16.6 mg

Started on 25 mg Zoloft in March 2011 due to stressrelated tinnitus that gave me panicattacks. Had a terrible reaction to Zoloft from start, but was told to "hold on". After four months I was stuck. Therefore the long taper. Crazy, I know... Super sensitive to drops and have dropped by 4-6 % from the previous dose.