brassmonkey

Brassmonkey: Talking about myself

apace41

As of last Saturday, April 15, 2017 I officially took the plunge. I did the final 100% cut and dropped to "0mg".  For the first time in 25 and a half years I am drug free.

So awesome, Tom!  Proud (and jealous) of you. 

You will do great.  You are a beacon for those of us still on the journey.  Enjoy China!

Best,

Andy

Shep

Wow, Tom, being drug free after 25 years is a major accomplishment! 

woohoo-smiley-emoticon.gif

And you proved that you can taper AND still have a life. Very well done. 

Happy travels.  :)

doggiemama

Great news love it when a plan comes together

AmyK

Wow, Tom! You did it! Congratulations!!!
This is such good news, it's huge! I am so incredibly happy for you.
I hope you celebrated this big event in some way.

Thank you for your friendship and support during all these years tapering, it has been invaluable to me.

And now you are going to China?! Exciting!

Hug, hug, hug!
Amy

Gridley

Good going, Brass!  Congratulations.

LexAnger

Can't miss this eventful day to congratulate you on getting your full life back free from this poison Paxil!

I hope we will still hear you sometimes. You helped so many myself included in various ways with your great wisdom in the past many years, and the brassmonkey slide method is an standard term now to many of us!

You are a true aspiration surviving and helping others!

Big hugs!!

Lex

nz11

As of last Saturday, April 15, 2017 I officially took the plunge. I did the final 100% cut and dropped to "0mg".  For the first time in 25 and a half years I am drug free.

Wow! Woke up this morning to read this.

You are simply the best.

Congratulations.

What a real honor and a privilege to be a witness to your journey both here and at prior place.

You have masterminded and executed an amazing ingenious taper plan that i know has and is helping so many.

The huge number of views on your intro is a reflection of the enormous influence and tapering advise that you provide to so many.

Sometimes i think if only i had have done the Brassmonkey ... but even if i had have known about or had the vision to realise such a taper plan i  think my character may have struggled to do it. Being a person who is so much against drugs on realising what i had been swallowing my brain would have been yelling at me spit it out spit it out.

The enormity of the mountain to climb didn't phase you, your patience, resolve and determination to stick to the plan and get home safely while writing the taper book has been a lesson to the world.

I believe that we all, each and everyone of us have a book inside us over this experience.

I reckon you should write yours. I know I'd pay money to buy it and read it.

How wonderful to be going on travels and not have to worry about the hassle of doses and pills anymore.

I am reminded of our good prior place rock star babs who once said to one who had gone drug free...

...."you are now The boss you don't have to take anything anymore."

Even better days are ahead im sure.

All the best. I am just so happy for you.

nz11

mustangwoman

Just seeing this today.  Amazing news!  I'm so happy for you!!

lotusflower

My dear Tom

((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))

I don't come here often anymore...and the reason I was led here today was obviously to read your thread. I couldn't feel more happiness for anyone in this moment than I'm feeling right now for you. Congratulations and well done and thank you from the bottom of my heart. You and a few others at that prior place consistently and compassionately supported me through the darkest days of my life and I will never forget that..... although we've never met face to face you are like family to me.....I'm sure there are many others who feel that way about you too.

I hope you can open this link below this is my present to you. Love you bunches, your friend always, joanne

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WnCHCqYRQFs

brassmonkey

Thank you all so much.  Having a safe place to go and friends who understood has been a major help over the years.  It's going to take a few days to sink in that it's over, a lot of emotions to filter through.

(((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

brassmonkey

AmyK-- it's going to be your turn pretty soon, I can't wait to send you congratulations.  Having you for a traveling partner for this trip has been wonderful, I truly value your support through the years.

(((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

brassmonkey

Lex--  it's been a long ride together through some pretty tough times.  It's the travel partners that make all the difference.  I can't wait for you to finally get in the clear.

(((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

brassmonkey

Nz11-- You were there before me and are still here now, what can I say?  I've always valued your input, opinions and research.  We each had a very different journey but are ending up in the same place and I'm hoping for everyone else to join us here.

((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

Babs was the first one to respond to my first post back at prior place.  I hope she comes on line here sometime so I can share this with her.

brassmonkey

Joanne--  I'm so glad you got the urge to log on today.  Thank you for the song.  I think I remember you relying on it during some of your dark times back at prior place.  It really sums things up nicely.  It's the people we meet and friends we make along the way that make this journey tolerable.

((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

Babs

Ask and you shall receive ... lol ... a big CONGRATULATIONS to you, Tom, on finally being drug-free. It's an amazing feeling, isn't it? Well done on doing whatever the heck it was I told you to do those many years ago. ;) I have no doubt it's only going to get better and better.

SquirrellyGirl

Congratulations, Brass - keeping fingers, toes, arms and legs crossed for you that it is smooth sailing here on out!

SG

nz11

Babs was the first one to respond to my first post back at prior place.  I hope she comes on line here sometime so I can share this with her.

yeah she was the first one to respond to me too.

She always made the right call ....hey i think she must be psychic or something .... :lol:

Bruin

So many Congratulations Tom.......so wonderful that you are free and enjoying your life in spectacular fashion.

All the very best

Bruin

AliG

Tom. Congratulations. If we had an auditorium you would be making a speech, accepting an award and there would be applause from everyone you have touched during your journey. You have been a role model for slow tapering and shown that you can have a fulfilled life whilst also tapering extremely slowly . :)

Best,

Ali

manymoretodays

Ooooh brassmonkey,

Woohoo and some kind of celebratory dancing are in order!  It is a weird......a good weird feeling, eh? :) I feel like singing/yelling......"all clear after all those years!!"

Best,

mmt

SkyBlue

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brass, that is so wonderful. Congratulations!!!!!! Amazing. What an accomplishment!!!!!!!! Hugs!!!! <3 

DLB

Great news Brass!!! It's gonna be smooth sailing from here. You did a remarkable job and were always helping others and me too when I went a little wonky during withdrawal. I have been waiting to see this for the longest time, now we'll wait for that success story. BTW I just found this on some other page and I think it is your avatar from PP. If it is, use it again!!post-3917-0-31967300-1492639894.jpg

Happy2Heal

omgoodness how did I miss this?!?!

wow, Tom, that is fantastic!!

congratulations!!!

I am so happy for you!!

Frogie

Brassmonkey:

Congrats on the zeros!! What a great accomplishment. :)

As soon as I'm stable (hopefully a month or so), I'm going to use your taper method.

I don't think my body likes the 10% cut all at once, that's why I get nauseous.

Going into the 7's. Every time I hit the 7's, my body goes crazy and I end up going back up. JanCarol says to call them the wonderful, precious 7's, think positive and I'll get right through them.

That's what I'm going to do. With your taper method, I can and will get right passed them.

Take care,

Frogie xx

AmyK

I am so curious, Tom. I must ask, how does it feel? Could you feel the jump?

Sending love and hugs!

Amy

Cheeky

Wow Congratulation ,

You have inspired me to not give up, hopefully I can be Paxil free in the future.

Wishing you all the best xxx

brassmonkey

I'm not really sure Amy.  I've been all over the place emotionally all week, but, it's been a very active week.  Monicas been sick, we've had to deal with the Chinese Embassy to get visas, lots of LA traffic driving, and still coming down from the Egypt trip.  I was noticeably nervous the first couple of days, but that was anticipatory stress from making the jump.  I've had a lot of body aches and pains, but those were happening before the jump.  Late last night I had a nice round of depression, but I was very tired after a long stressful day.  I think all told there is an undercurrent from the jump, but it's being hard to pin down.  None of the "symptoms" are strong enough to be a problem, but are noticeable.  Give things a few weeks to work the last of the drug out of my system and we will see what happens.  I am very glad I decided to taper as far down as possible, I can see how a jump from higher up could have caused problems.

Hibari

Congratulations on finishing your thoughtful, step by step taper!  Wishing your continued steady healing and happiness.

ladybug

Amazing news! So happy for you. ????

nick1990

Good stuff Tom. So happy for you and look forward to walking in your footsteps :)

caperjackie

Well done Tom and congratulations! Good luck with your SSRI free life ..... I hope it goes smoothly!

AmyK

Despite the stress, Tom, it seems like it's going well. Your positive, pragmatic and kind attitude will help you.

Many hugs!

brassmonkey

Over the past several weeks I been starting to notice a shift in things.  From about a moth before I made the jump my ruminating thoughts have changed character.  Firstly they are not as pervasive as they used to be.  Now they're just thoughts that come and go, but don't stay and hammer at me for hours at a time.  The big change, however, is that they are not dredging up all the bad stuff and making it worse, but rather they are short glimpses of the good stuff with no strings attached.

Other than that things are going quite well.  We are doing some prep work for the next push on the remodel, and getting ready for the trip to China in a few weeks.  Had a lot of unexpected yard work a couple of days ago.  I had been working on the back patio for several hours and went inside to take a short break.  When I came back out there was our largest orange tree laying on the the ground.  It had just fallen over.  No high winds or anything, just fell over.  After checking it out we could see that the roots had given up to mildew and rot.  The tree was 60 years old, which is very old for an orange.  So we had to spend the next four hours cutting and hauling to clean up the mess.  Now there's a big hold with a view of the neighbors yard that we will have to fill, as we like our privacy.  It did leave us with several hundred pounds of oranges we need to do something with.  I might have to break out my old wine making equipment and see what happens.

brassmonkey

Dear fellow members the Monkeyman is very upset.  

This group is founded on the idea of providing support and information for people who are serious about getting off of the psych drug that are haunting their life.  It provides "support and information" but relies on the individual members to do their own research and chart their own path.  We have stressed time and again that there are a very limited number of supplements that have any positive effect on withdrawal.  These supplements we discuss at length in a number of places throughout the forum. Any other supplements that come up for discussion must be full researched before taking.  It is the responsibility of each and every member to do that research before they try something new.

The international supplement market is a mine field of people trying to sell you anything to "make you feel better". In some cases the supplements may help, in the majority of cases they don't do much of anything, while in other cases they can be very dangerous.  Case in point: today one of our members complained of having an adverse reaction to a small amount of a new supplement.  I frequently research new supplements when they are mentioned and I did so with this one.  The first thing that came up was that it contains the two key ingredients used in making rat poison and there are serious concerns about it's safety.  It's no wonder that the member had an immediate adverse reaction.

I am acutely aware of how bad withdrawal feels and how badly we all want to feel better, but people please, do your research.  In our desperation to feel better we don't want anything tragic to happen.  This site contains the distilled experiences of thousands of people, so we know what works and what doesn't.  Before starting a new supplement, research it on the web, research it on this site, ask questions and then think about it two or three times more before actually taking it.

Withdrawal from psych drugs is a long, very painful, ugly experience but we need to keep it as safe as we possibly can.

Brassmonkey

Altostrata

Well said, monkey man!

Congratulations on making the big jump to zero (your signature reveals you wish you had done this last year).  ;)

brassmonkey

Have you ever heard of a condition called "dyscalculia"?  

"Dyscalculia, sometimes known as "math dyslexia," affects the ability to make sense of and work with numbers."

​It's lead to a lot of interesting situations throughout my career as an engineer.  I understand the concepts, but seeing numbers on a page is just so much visual noise.  Same thing with menus on a restaurant wall, just visual noise.  Yet, give me one of those memes written upside down and backward and I have no problems.

BTW the date was a typo, I never changed the year as I updated the dose.