☼ Brassmonkey: Talking about myself

brassmonkey

Hi Tom.  Sorry about the finger but glad to hear it's not the middle one. lol  No no.. it's not a laughable thing.  Hope it heals soon.

As for your tooth, I've had a few root canals but no crowns.  Not yet anyway.  My dentist put a 'temporary filling' in about 2 years ago, saying if it doesn't hold, I will need a crown.  It's still there!  But seriously, toothache is rotten.  Hope the crown settles things, once and for all.

Now.. I do NOT want to hear of any more things. STOP IT!  This is your year for getting off Paxil and moving on. :unsure: I don't a gavel to bang...

Personal history of GAD and 4 melancholic depressive episodes - two treated with Amityptline

Family history of Bipolar Disorder - goes back at least 3 generations

Adult son with autism, ADHD, intellectual disability and Bipolar II

Put on Aropax / Paxil in July 1997 for anther episode.  Decision to stay on it - worst decision of my life.

Began to poop out in late 2008. Switched to Lexapro March 2009.  Made me suicidal.  Tried Cymbalta for 19 days. Horrible w/d.

Found PP and RI'd Aropax at about the same time - August 2009.  Began slow taper in 2010. Crashed in 13-11mg range in mid 2013.  Switched to Citalopram 21 Oct 2013 in an attempt to stabilise.

There are things that are known, and things that are unknown; in between are doors - Anonymous

https://itunes.apple.com/au/book/longing-for-life/id958423649  My book about my unsuccessful journey through IVF

I miss the gavel

Put on Prothiaden for severe depression in 1989.  Recovered.   Prescribed Paxil for another bout of depression around 2000.   Have been trying to taper ever since but always crash about 2 months after getting to zero.   Because of the crashes, for years I thought that there was something wrong with me.   Then found that the crashes were simply withdrawal.   Now following a maximum of a 10% reduction every month or so and ready to slow down any time I feel any symptoms whatsoever.  Feeling good:).

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

Hi Tom. I make my own liquid every day, I find it very easy. Zoloft is soluble in water, so I dont have to crush it before. Maybe Paxil too?

Many hugs!

Current dose: 0! Free!  Quit June 2017.

2017: Last dose zoloft: 17 June 0,00065 mg 18 May 0, 001 mg 14 May 0,002 mg 9 May 0,003 mg 28 April 0,006 mg 19 April 0,009 mg 8 April 0,013 mg 25 March 0,019 mg 22 March 0,039 mg 18 March 0,052 mg 16 March 0,079 mg 4 March 0,086 1 March 0,099 mg 22 February 0,11 mg 15 February 0,13 mg 6 February 0,145 mg 24 January 0,15 mg 19 January 0,19 mg 10 January 0,20 mg 3 January

2016: 0,98 to 0,22 mg; 2015: 2,35 to 1,01 mg; 2014: 4,9 to 2,5 mg; 2013: 9,1 to 5,1 mg; 2012: 15,7 to 9,7 mg; 2011: Started on 25 mg - then 50 mg- dropped to 25- to 12.5 mg - back to 25 mg - after 18.75 mg started tiny tapering to 16.6 mg

Started on 25 mg Zoloft in March 2011 due to stressrelated tinnitus that gave me panicattacks. Had a terrible reaction to Zoloft from start, but was told to "hold on". After four months I was stuck. Therefore the long taper. Crazy, I know... Super sensitive to drops and have dropped by 4-6 % from the previous dose.

Enough with the car accidents people.  First Monica gets hit on the 6th.  we're still without a car.  She is doing fine, a little soreness in the neck and gun shy in traffic.  That's to be expected as some lady just hit her out of nowhere.  It all happened so fast she hardly remembers it.  Just blur, crunch, blur.  Now we are having the fun of dealing with insurance companies.  Then Ever hit the curb and now Juniors Mum, we can't keep this up folks.  I do hope everyone is doing better.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

I'm ok.  Have got a rental, which has cost me a FORTUNE.  Still waiting to hear what the verdict on my little old car is - it's worth very little and is insured for very little so I'm hoping it's not a write-off.   I feel lucky though as the whole thing happened so fast, there was no time to think at all.   And very lucky I wasn't hurt at all. 

Hope Monica gets well soon and the trauma stops.   I also am a bit gun-shy, keep flashing back when I'm driving, but nothing too serious and think it's making me a little more alert if anything, which is good.  

I'm enjoying the wee rental car too!  It's a cheap and nasty little old car, but it's got air-conditioning!   Woot!   My old thing doesn't - in fact the heater is stuck ON all the time lol - bloody awful in the middle of summer lol.   And it's got a radio!   Mine doesn't.  

Hope that's it for all of us though - no more.......

Put on Prothiaden for severe depression in 1989.  Recovered.   Prescribed Paxil for another bout of depression around 2000.   Have been trying to taper ever since but always crash about 2 months after getting to zero.   Because of the crashes, for years I thought that there was something wrong with me.   Then found that the crashes were simply withdrawal.   Now following a maximum of a 10% reduction every month or so and ready to slow down any time I feel any symptoms whatsoever.  Feeling good:).

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

hope the fingers bearing up brass! just joining in on the car accidents, a man in full Nigerian dress drove into mine. just got my repaired car back, although I much preferred the rental!

paroxatine.30mg-98-14 (16years)/15mg March 14/15mg may 2014 every two days on docs advice, went nuts so went up to 10mg. Took 2months to stabilise.10mg July 2014-sept 2014 (6.9mg)tried WD at 10% every two weeks. went nuts, nearly left husband, cats and country.10mg sept-December 14/9mg Dec-Jan 15/8.5mg Jan-Feb 15/8mg Feb-March 15/7.5mg march 15/7mg march-present. By October, off meds and on ivf. 3 failed ivf and end of 11yr relationship.10mg/July 16- July 17/5mg Jan 18- july 18

0mg july- present. Really struggling 

Checking on you.  Haven't seen much on here lately.  Hope all is well, my friend!

1998- Began taking 20 mg. of Paxil for homesickness 2001-CT and crash/hospitalized 1 week for anxiety. Tried quitting, changing to other ADs, gave up. 2014 -Weaned @ 10% every 4 weeks. Latest 5-14 11.7 mg., 6-14 10.5 mg., 8-21 9.5 mg., 9-17 7.7 mg.,10-14 6.9 mg., 11-14 6.2 mg., 12-14 5.6 mg., 1-15 5.0 mg. 2-15 4.5 mg. (miscalculated may actually be 3.3), up-dosed to 3.7 3-17-15. Hydroxyzine HCl 25 mg. as needed (antihistamine) for anxiety.

Yep cars what a hassle...just a money gobbling black hole thats what they are are still you cant live without them can ya! My car is 19 yrs old ...my mum backed into the side of it a few yrs ago and was so apologetic blah blah blah i'll pay to fix it blah blah blah ...i said dont worry about it, to fix a dent at the panel beaters will cost more than the cars worth. No one is wasting money fixing that.

I can remember once i had a car the paint on the roof was all peeling off so i just went to the paint shop and got a similar colour and painted it myself with a brush ...few years later the new prospective owner wanted it checked over the report said mechanically ok but terrible unprofessional paint job done to the roof ....i complained i said thats a great paint job on the roof Did it myself ! Done with much care and love !lol

Then there was the day i bought a car got it home to find it had no reverse ...dont ask !flippin heck! anyway didnt worry i drove it for 2 years had to do the Flinstone trick if i was too far forward at times just open the door and put my foot out and push it back...lol Drove it for 2 yrs then i sadly burnt the motor out because on a long trip i forgot to refill the radiator with water and smoke poured into the car i didnt really know much about cars so just kept on driving ...then it stopped and wouldnt start again! Tow truck driver said it would never start again..i had cooked the engine! oh ok! Anyway i know know ...always keep radiator full! Then there was the day my mum wanted to be helpful and thought she was filling the radiator up with water but instead  filled the oil sump up with water....dad wasnt happy! But thats another story!!

Accidents are a hassle though thats for sure. 

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Sorry to hear about the car accident Micro.  We've had a small pickup truck for our rental and it has been very useful.  We had been thinking about getting one for me to drive to work, but after having this one for a few weeks I think one would be too big and awkward for everyday traffic.  Glad you're okay.

Things have been very busy the past few weeks, so I've had other priorities.  The finger is healing slowly.  It is very tender and I have trouble closing my hand tightly.  I see the doctor tomorrow for a check up on it.

I really hate coming out of a weekend tireder than when it started.  Not that it was all that strenuous, but was rather stressful and emotionally draining.  Went in Friday afternoon to start getting the crown on my root canal, simple 45 minute procedure. Right!!! Two some hours later he said okay that's enough for today, come back in two weeks and we will continue on.  I have a temporary which is working well, but come on folks.  Then Monica's stomach started kicking up, a couple of mild attacks Saturday, but last night was horrible.  I feel so helpless just sitting and watching, especially as I know first hand what the pain is like, and there is nothing I can do to help.  Things have calmed down by this morning, but she is exhausted, hard to sleep with that sort of pain, and I'm exhausted with worry.  Back to the gastro doc for her to see if they can come up with anything new.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

nz11-- ah the stories I could tell about midnight repairs on back roads and push starts in parking lots.  Total love/hate relationship. lol

Gee when it rains it sure does pour hope you can get some rest from all these health and car issues Tom.

ooooooh root canal ouch!

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

This will pass soon enough....sorry to hear about your wife, that sounds really crappy. Hope everyone is doing better soon!!!

2 Timothy 1-7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Effexor 75mg to 262.5mg 2005-2010 for post partum depression

Started having poop out mid 2010, also switched generic brands, then crashed in Dec 2010 (anxiety/ "terror", intense DR, anhedonia, suicidal ideation, chills, insomnia, horrible intrusive thoughts, disorientation, ect)
Rapid "tapered" from 262.5mg Effexor in 3 months

Tried Celexa,Cipralex, then Paxil to deal with wd(this switching made things worse and added akathesia)

Found online support and started tapering Paxil 7 months after quitting Effexor (at this point was having small windows).

Paxil taper: dropped 10% every 4-8 weeks

Year 1 October 2011 to Nov 2012 20mg to 10mg

Year 2 March 2013 to Feb 2014 10mg to 4mg

Year 3 April 2014 to May 2015 4mg to 1.1mg

Year 4 June 2015 1.1mg , dropping by 10% until .5mg, after then dropped by 0.1mg every 5 weeks until 0.1mg.

Finished! Official last dose of 0.1mg on June 15/16

omg nz1 you have me in stitches yet again lol!    Car stories - my first car was a 1948 Ford 10.   With an 8 head.   I learnt to change a head gasket by myself lol.  My dad kept it going for me for years and years.   Was a great car! 

Tom - hope Monica comes right quickly - give her my love.  And hope your finger comes right soon.   And the root canal gets finally finished.   Bloody hell - life eh?   The mechanic isn't even going to look at my car till next week so that's another darn fortune I'm going to have to shell out for the rental.   Aaarrrgh - at least I'm feeling ok though.  

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

Same here nz1, and there was me thinking I did dodgy DIY jobs!

I too hope Monica's stomach gets better quickly. My doc got so fed up with me going about my acidic stomach, he diagnosed me with non ulceric dyspepsia. That basically translates "your stomach hurts but shut up and stop complaining." They told me not to go back at the gastro clinic! I had lists of possible things it could be. In all fairness, they done a lot of tests but could find nothing wrong. I was praying they would, atleast then they could have fixed it!

paroxatine.30mg-98-14 (16years)/15mg March 14/15mg may 2014 every two days on docs advice, went nuts so went up to 10mg. Took 2months to stabilise.10mg July 2014-sept 2014 (6.9mg)tried WD at 10% every two weeks. went nuts, nearly left husband, cats and country.10mg sept-December 14/9mg Dec-Jan 15/8.5mg Jan-Feb 15/8mg Feb-March 15/7.5mg march 15/7mg march-present. By October, off meds and on ivf. 3 failed ivf and end of 11yr relationship.10mg/July 16- July 17/5mg Jan 18- july 18

Micro-- every time I log on here I can't believe the stories I read about how badly doctors treat people.  It just goes to show how little they actually know about how the body works.  Monica has had a couple of pretty good days with very little pain, so she is getting some relief.  She just called to tell me that she has her beloved car back in wonderful condition.  Check off another stressor.  Now we have to get it in gear to replace my truck that I sold on the spur of the moment a few months ago.  We are pretty sure of what we are going to do, it's just a matter of doing it.

Well, seasonal allergies are right on time this year.  Haven't had them the past several years, but it looks like I get the joy of their company this year.  It's not helping that in the middle of a heavy rainstorm we are having brush fires.  Wet smoke, it does the sinuses good.

Allergies are just kicking my butt. Sniff, snort, cough, totally gross. Had to sleep sitting up so I could breath, but I really shouldn't call it sleep.  Got the all clear for my finger from the Industrial Clinic today.  It's not healed but is nicely stable so they don't have to pay attention to it any more.  I have gotten fed up with my hands hurting all the time so have am appointment with my PCP on Friday to start getting them checked out properly.

• Moderator Emeritus

Have you always had allergies Tom?  Are you able to take anything for them?  I got them really badly from about age 10 - 28, then they stopped suddenly, come to think of it, those where the years when I had cats as pets.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

I've had them for many many years.  I usually take benedryl , but lately that's been kicking my butt too.  After last night though this is probably the flu.  Had the shakes and chills really bad and an elevated temp of 100F. most of the night.  The sinus stuff cleared while I was asleep, just leaving me with a cough.  Now that I am up, I'm sneezing pretty good again.  Could still be alergies, but I don't generally associate shakes, chills and temperature with them

Sounds fluey Brass, hang in there!

2 Timothy 1-7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Started having poop out mid 2010, also switched generic brands, then crashed in Dec 2010 (anxiety/ "terror", intense DR, anhedonia, suicidal ideation, chills, insomnia, horrible intrusive thoughts, disorientation, ect)

Tried Celexa,Cipralex, then Paxil to deal with wd(this switching made things worse and added akathesia)

Found online support and started tapering Paxil 7 months after quitting Effexor (at this point was having small windows).

Year 4 June 2015 1.1mg , dropping by 10% until .5mg, after then dropped by 0.1mg every 5 weeks until 0.1mg.

Brass, we have had that or a variation of it trending through our family since October. It is a really bad cold/flu season. Take care of yourself. We all don't need sickness in top of WD! My last virus or whatever took a month and I thought I had a sinus tumor????

1998- Began taking 20 mg. of Paxil for homesickness 2001-CT and crash/hospitalized 1 week for anxiety. Tried quitting, changing to other ADs, gave up. 2014 -Weaned @ 10% every 4 weeks. Latest 5-14 11.7 mg., 6-14 10.5 mg., 8-21 9.5 mg., 9-17 7.7 mg.,10-14 6.9 mg., 11-14 6.2 mg., 12-14 5.6 mg., 1-15 5.0 mg. 2-15 4.5 mg. (miscalculated may actually be 3.3), up-dosed to 3.7 3-17-15. Hydroxyzine HCl 25 mg. as needed (antihistamine) for anxiety.

Thanks for the well wishes Aberdeen and Alaskamom.  I just got up so I'm not feeling too bad at the moment,  I've been doing my best to sleep it off.  My chest is quite sore from all the coughing, not to mention my nose and sinus from all the other grossness.  It's chilly and gray today, a good day to stay in curled up under a blanket.  I have to go out later to see the doctor about my hands.  I tried to get my last doc to get them checked out a couple of times but kept getting the "oh you're getting old and it's just arthritis" brush off.  Well it's really starting to effect my work and such by not being able to hang on to things,so maybe this new doc will listen a bit more.  We shall see.  Take care both of you. 

I'm glad that you're feeling a little better.  Hoping that your doc takes you seriously today.  Have a great weekend!

zoloft 2004-08 tapered too fast(2 weeks)
Luvox 5/08 100 mg 07/10 40mg via small reductions, 08/10 39mg, 09/10 38mg, 10/10 37mg, 11/10 36mg,2/11 35mg, 5/11 34mg, 8/11 33mg, 11/11 32mg, 01/12 31mg, 03/12 30mg, 4/12 29mg, 5/12 28 mg, 8/12 27 mg, 11/12 26 mg, 1/13 25 mg, 3/13 24 mg, 4/13 23 mg,6/13 22 mg, 7/13 21 mg, 8/13 20mg, 10/13 19 mg, 11/13 18 mg, 12/13 17 mg, 1/14 16 mg, 3/14 13 mg, 9/14 10.9 mg,  1/15 10 mg, 3/15  9 mg,  5/15 8 mg. 11/15 7.12 mg.  4/16  5 mg, 6/16   4.5 mg,  9/16 4.2 mg, 1/17 3.48 mg, 2/17  3.2 mg,  4/17 2.2 mg, 5/17 2.0 mg, 6/17  1.74 mg, 7/17 1.58 mg, 9/17 1.27 mg, 11/17 1.0 mg,  1/18 0.79 mg

Got referrals for blood work and xrays so things are moving ahead on that front.  Also got a script for Tamiflu. I nervous about it but will give it a shot.

Let us know how you do with the tamiflu.  Glad you have tests ordered.  Hoping you feel better soon!

zoloft 2004-08 tapered too fast(2 weeks)
Luvox 5/08 100 mg 07/10 40mg via small reductions, 08/10 39mg, 09/10 38mg, 10/10 37mg, 11/10 36mg,2/11 35mg, 5/11 34mg, 8/11 33mg, 11/11 32mg, 01/12 31mg, 03/12 30mg, 4/12 29mg, 5/12 28 mg, 8/12 27 mg, 11/12 26 mg, 1/13 25 mg, 3/13 24 mg, 4/13 23 mg,6/13 22 mg, 7/13 21 mg, 8/13 20mg, 10/13 19 mg, 11/13 18 mg, 12/13 17 mg, 1/14 16 mg, 3/14 13 mg, 9/14 10.9 mg,  1/15 10 mg, 3/15  9 mg,  5/15 8 mg. 11/15 7.12 mg.  4/16  5 mg, 6/16   4.5 mg,  9/16 4.2 mg, 1/17 3.48 mg, 2/17  3.2 mg,  4/17 2.2 mg, 5/17 2.0 mg, 6/17  1.74 mg, 7/17 1.58 mg, 9/17 1.27 mg, 11/17 1.0 mg,  1/18 0.79 mg

Starting day three of the Tamiflu and so far it seems to be working pretty well.  I still feel sick but the coughing and sinus stuff are at a minimum and I was able to spend the evening out last night with no problems.  It has pointed up how tired I am of not feeling well, the several years of poopout and three plus years of tapering are starting to feel like a long time.  I know it is a sign of healing and that there is nothing else that can be done, but I am so fed up with the limitations that are being forced on my. Rant, rant, rant...

• Moderator Emeritus

Brass, hey.

The flu is crazy-pants ridiculous this year. Several strains, all with their own special surprises. I just got over a bout myself. Good luck with sister Tami - hopefully she'll do what's intended and cut those symptoms. I always rev like crazy right before I get sick. It makes any symptoms a bazillion times worse for me. And I sweat like James Brown, middle of the second set, singing "I Feel Good." Even though I don't feel so good at all!

Hang in there.

The Godfather of Soul, I mean Dave

1996 - .5mg Ativan as needed, 7.5mg Remeron daily2008 - .5mg Xanax, Ativan discontinued, Remeron continued2012 - .5mg Xanax, .25mg Ativan 3x daily, Remeron continued2/2012 - Jumped from Remeron, continued .5mg Xanax .25mg Ativan 3x daily4/2012 - Began rapid taper of .5mg Xanax .25mg Ativan 3x daily6/2012 - Jumped from Xanax and Ativan, voluntary hospitalization followed7/2012 - 2nd voluntary hospitalization, reinstated Remeron, bumped to 30mg, also given risperidone.8/2012 - discontinued risperidone, tried gabapentin, dicontinued gabapentin, Remeron 30mg continued10/2012 to current - tapered Remeron 10% every 4 to 6 weeks (sometimes more time) using liquid compound12/2014 - 2mg Remeron 1/16/2015 - 1.9mg Remeron 8/1/2015 -1.6mg Remeron - 03/1/2016 - 1.5mg Remeron - 1/2/2017 1.3mg - 5/7/2017 1.2mg - 5/13/2017 - syringe size change - 6/8/2017 - 1.1mg - 7/10/2017 - 1mg - 9/1/2017 - 0.9mg - 10/22/2017 - 0.8mg - 11/22/2017 - 0.7mg - 2/2/2018 - 0.6mg - 3/13/2018 - new compound pharmacy - 5/20/2018 - 0.5mg - 8/31/2018 - 0.4mg - 11/16/2018 - 0.3mg - 12/24/2018 - 0.2mg - 4/1/2019 - 0.1mg - 5/1/2019 - .05mg - 0mg achieved 2019-06-15. 🤞

Starting day three of the Tamiflu and so far it seems to be working pretty well.  I still feel sick but the coughing and sinus stuff are at a minimum and I was able to spend the evening out last night with no problems.  It has pointed up how tired I am of not feeling well, the several years of poopout and three plus years of tapering are starting to feel like a long time.  I know it is a sign of healing and that there is nothing else that can be done, but I am so fed up with the limitations that are being forced on my. Rant, rant, rant...

I really hear you about being fed up with everything that feels like limitations, Tom. Me too. It will get better!

Current dose: 0! Free!  Quit June 2017.

2017: Last dose zoloft: 17 June 0,00065 mg 18 May 0, 001 mg 14 May 0,002 mg 9 May 0,003 mg 28 April 0,006 mg 19 April 0,009 mg 8 April 0,013 mg 25 March 0,019 mg 22 March 0,039 mg 18 March 0,052 mg 16 March 0,079 mg 4 March 0,086 1 March 0,099 mg 22 February 0,11 mg 15 February 0,13 mg 6 February 0,145 mg 24 January 0,15 mg 19 January 0,19 mg 10 January 0,20 mg 3 January

2016: 0,98 to 0,22 mg; 2015: 2,35 to 1,01 mg; 2014: 4,9 to 2,5 mg; 2013: 9,1 to 5,1 mg; 2012: 15,7 to 9,7 mg; 2011: Started on 25 mg - then 50 mg- dropped to 25- to 12.5 mg - back to 25 mg - after 18.75 mg started tiny tapering to 16.6 mg

Started on 25 mg Zoloft in March 2011 due to stressrelated tinnitus that gave me panicattacks. Had a terrible reaction to Zoloft from start, but was told to "hold on". After four months I was stuck. Therefore the long taper. Crazy, I know... Super sensitive to drops and have dropped by 4-6 % from the previous dose.

Fingers crossed for you Tom.   You could sure use a break.  :mellow:

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

Life is so much harder when we are sick! Glad you got Tamiflu. That should help! My bug is back again, dang it! As for your hands, don't let them shuttle you aside. My DH is a physical therapist and says there are lots of things it can be besides arthritis!

Back at work today.  Would prefer to be home, but that's most days.  Tami seems to be treating me right, hardly any coughing or sneezing, still feel out of sorts, weak, tired sore, can't concentrate. Boy that sounds familiar, but it is more than WDnormal so it is still the flu.  Managed to get out and do a small bit of yard work yesterday.  Took down the greenhouses and started cleaning up the garden beds.  Then enjoyed an excellent end to an excellent football season.  Bed on time to get up to go back to work.  I've been sleeping in the recliner the past several nights 'cause it is much easier to sleep sitting up there, so it was a little weird to e back in bed.  Slept fairly well though except for the nightmares.  Typical violence against me type of thing, managed to scream myself awake and took a few minutes to clear my head before going back to sleep.  Funny thing was, it happened on the first cycle, usually it's the third or fourth.

Started the final drop of this slide by dropping to 2.1mg.

Happy that you seem to be getting better.   :)

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

Good luck on the new drop. I had to chuckle about you would prefer to be at home than work, that's also me most days!

Brass you are getting there. Almost 2mg....wow! is your wd normal changing at all do you think?

Hi Aberdeen--  I'm so excited 'cause I break below 2 next time.  WDnormal has been steadily improving since I broke under 6mg.  Not to say that there weren't improvements before, there were huge ones, but they were always overshadowed by still feeling bad and the constant waves.  Now the norm is to feel pretty well with a few bad days associated with the drops.  I'm not totally out of the woods, in fact I can see a lot improving still to do, but in general things are so much better then just a few months ago.  My creativity is coming back, I have a list several pages long of things I can't wait to start making.  Have to be careful though as I still don't have the stamina to try and take them on and my mind really is still scattered even though I don't like to admit it.  But I am taking the smaller steps to get some of them rolling.  My attitudes toward a lot of things are changing too as my head and thinking becomes clearer.  I am finding myself a lot less tolerant of BS and other peoples faulty thinking. It is causing some reevaluation on some things on my part to try and sort out what is the best path for me to follow.  It's what I've mentioned before about our getting a second chance at life, stick to the core beliefs and build from there.

Hope you're doing well.  ((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))

Tom - your last post could have been written about ME.   I realise that I've sort of been waiting to die.   Getting older and less agile and by the time I get off this stuff etc etc.  But just lately, every now and then, I get a glimpse of having many good years ahead - doing some things I've always wanted to do!   When that happens, it's really nice.  I could relate to your entire post.   Woot!

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

Didn't want to forget.  I'm two years sober today.