Altostrata

SurvivingAntidepressants.org in the media

Altostrata

mammaP

That is a brilliant plug for SA, you must be so happy about this Alto, it You have worked so hard and to see this is great reward for all that work and validates everything that SA stands for.

Altostrata

http://www.thefix.com/content/ssris-worth-risks?page=all

The Unhappy Side of Anti-Depressants

By Jeanene Swanson 06/03/14

....Go on a number of online forums, however, and you’ll find everything from benign to hellish, and short- to very long-term symptoms. A popular web site for SSRI discontinuation syndrome, called Surviving Antidepressants, offers peer support; the second most visited topic is how to quit, or taper, effectively. Says the administrator in an email, “There are hundreds of thousands of patient postings all over the Web about the difficulties of quitting psychiatric medication and benzos, even under a doctor’s supervision.” The administrator adds that there are dozens of sites like this, set up to help confused patients figure out how to best taper based on other people’s experiences....

JanCarol

I found Surviving Antidepressants listed as a reference in Katinka Blackford Newman, "The Pill that Steals Lives."

It's an excellent journalistic expose - for every story of her own that she tells, she also tells of others who have suffered worse, and explains the trends in prescribing and how these horrible events cascade into "mental illness."

Healy reviewed it for scientific accuracy.  It's a really excellent read - less scholarly than Whitaker, very accessible.

Surviving Antidepressants is listed as the 3rd reference for "Where to get Help."

Altostrata

!!!!!!

I didn't know SA had been mentioned in that book.

mammaP

Brilliant! I think I will buy that book it sounds good.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.