poodlebell's Seroxat hell

Altostrata

• Administrator

[i am starting a topic for poodlebell as she does not feel up to learning a new online system]

I was taken off benzos in 1995 and given amytripline, after approx 1 year had allergic reaction to this and put on seroxat . This was for migraines.

Took 5 years to get off benzos very slowly, 1 more year til I felt right

The seroxat made me feel odd so instead of 20mgs I took 10 mgs.

Heard the horror stories and thought I would just stay on it

In 2004 had w/d and was told that it was from codeine, went into Priory and was off codeine in 1 week. Never got rid of the headache, noise in ears and nausea.

Took paracetamol for migraines. By the end of 2005 was taking paracetamol and at the end of 3-4 hours was having w/d and needed to take another. Stopped taking anything.

In October 2006 went to the Priory, outpatients, was told that it was not the paracetamol but seroxat w/d and I could either double the amount, cold turkey or prozac. I choose prozac. After 3 days on seroxat and prozac I felt worse and was told to cut out the seroxat, got worse, was told I had every side effect from prozac so came off that over about 1 week. It was about 6 weeks later that the real problems started.

I was

dizzy

nausea

sweating

cold

prickling

runny nose

blurred vision

headache at the back of my head and on top

noise in ears

whoosh and pounding in ears like hearing heartbeat

palpitations

rapid heartbeat

couldn't keep still

had to get out of bed at times and also turn over could not control this

muscle aches

my whole back ceased up and had to crawl to toilet

burping

diarrhea

popping

acid reflux

dry lips

insomnia

fatigue

no appetite + weight loss

shaking inside

nightmares

no sex drive

terrible taste in mouth

depersonalization

confusion

would forget what I was saying in the middle of a sentence

shocks through the head

felt like my head moved but it didn't

eczema

ulcers in mouth

bottom of my feet burn

eyes itch

inside ears itch

my teeth have ached and all of my mouth has throbbed

I have osteoporosis in my knee and was using a herbal remedy glucosomine and emu oil and when I used it it eased the w/d a bit but as it wore off the w/d got worse and was using it 9 times a day, stopped it and had worse w/d cant remember how long.

Zovirax, antacids, any painkillers, antibiotics make w/d worse.

Went back to the Priory Feb 2007 and was told that the seroxat would now be out of me and I was addicted to everything to continue with the emu and glucosomine rub as my brain would go for sugar if I didn’t

I spent til end of May 2007 mainly in bed, then put seroxat on internet and found CITA [Council for Involuntary Tranquiliser Addiction], who I had been in contact with over the benzo w/d. I phoned Pam and she said it was seroxat w/d. What a relief to know what it was.

She advised noni juice which made my w/d worse and then 5htp and that made the w/d so bad I could not stand up

End of May 2007 went to see a psychiatrist was told I had anxiety and given beta blockers, they made me feel worse and the dizziness was far worse, bed spinning. Told that the med problem was a domino effect.

In November 2007 was sent to a group for relaxation and anxiety, did not help my w/d at all

From about Nov 2007 I started to sleep a bit better but had nights where I could not sleep and still do

From about July to November I felt slightly better, and could manage to stay up til 3 p.m. Laid down til 6 p.m. and most nights managed to watch a bit of TV, but had nights where everything was worse and could not.

April 2008 got a pain under my left boob, went to doctors and was told this was acid reflux and to take gaviscon, took one dose and 6 hours later my w/d was worse.

I continued like this til December 2008 and then started to have the odd day which was a bit better, but still had to lay down in the afternoon, mainly could not hold my head up, neck ache and headache.

In about February 2009 I thought I am not getting any better and felt that things should be, read about a lady on grape seed extract, I had been eating about 4ozs grapes a night for approx 1 year, she had a bad reaction so thought that this might be why I was not getting any better, stopped eating the grapes and have had really bad w/d, now approx 3 weeks. Have the palpitations, cant breathe properly, diarrhea, back as well as the usual things, headache, noise in ears, pounding, blurred vision, nausea, cant eat, etc. which have never gone away but have been slightly better til now

I also find it odd that the w/d symptoms are worse when laying down

I have gone through so many emotions since coming off seroxat, crying, anxiety, anger, shouting, desperation, depressed about how I am now.

I have never been depressed in my life, til coming off seroxat, I enjoyed life and saw good in everyone and everything I did.

At times I do seem to get a pattern, if I do housework the next day I feel a bit better, day 3 worse and no sleep, day 4 not good but sleep, day 5, awful and no sleep, day 6 awful but sleep, day 7 awful but sleep, day 8 awful but sleep, day 9 bit better and sleep, day 10 bit better and sleep

July 2009 I had an operation and after all the meds the w/d was so bad, had lots of problems with the op and had to have another in February 2010 and again after all the meds the w/d was awful.

Now found that the eating was even worse and so many more things made me worse so started to stay on the same food each day and found that if I did this I was not as bad, but if I had anything different I would be so much worse. Have tried taking small amounts of vitamins etc and they have only made me worse.

Went for an eye test and was sent to the hospital as I had too much pressure behind the eyes which leads to glaucoma, had tests and found nothing wrong. So seroxat again?

February 2011 went to a neurologist and he homed in on I was having migraines and gave me fit pills, only took one and it made me so much worse, went back May to neurologist and he said I have a hyper sensitive allergic reaction to food and no advice on this. Still on the migraines and more fit pills which I will not take.

Still cannot take any meds and have had to have antibiotics and antifungal meds during my w/d and these have made everything twice as bad.

Life is no fun, some days the w/d, only word I can find to cover what I am going through, is not as bad but other days it is really bad. I have constant headache, feeling sick, aches and pains in most places, dizzy, shaky, noise in ears and a pounding in ears and a sort of pressure in head, change my diet or do more things and all of these double in intensity. I am not angry or crying like in the beginning and I try hard to make the best of the life I now have.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Welcome, poodlebell. I'm so sorry you've had such a hard journey. You've certainly tried to do the right thing over and over, and been given bad advice over and over.

If I'm understanding correctly, you've been off psych meds since 2006, but since then have tried a few other classes of prescription meds, over the counter meds, and had to go through two surgeries with meds. Is that about right?

From scanning your story, it looks like you might be very sensitive to all meds and supplements. Some people seem to be born that way. And more become that way after exposure to psych meds.

I firmly believe you will heal from all that you've been through. Maybe we can help you figure out the best gentle regimens for you -- nutritious diet, lowering stress if possible, mild exercise if you can tolerate it. That kind of thing.

I hope you will feel comfortable enough to post a reply. If not, please keep reading on the site, until you feel well enough to write.

Sending you healing energy! :)

1996-97 - Paxil x 9 months, tapered, suffered 8 months withdrawal but didn't know it was withdrawal, so...

1998-2001 - Zoloft, tapered, again unwittingly went into withdrawal, so...

2002-03 - Paxil x 20 months, developed severe headaches, so...

Sep 03 - May 05 - Paxil taper took 20 months, severe physical, moderate psychological symptoms

Sep 03 - Jun 05 - took Prozac to help with Paxil taper - not recommended

Jul 05 to date - post-taper, severe psychological, moderate physical symptoms, improving very slowly

welcome Poodlebell,

what a life whith these psy meds!

for anxiety 

12 years paxil - cold turkey 1,5 month - switch celexa 1 year taper; total 13 years on brain meds 

67 years old - 9 years  med free

in protracted withdrawal

rigidity standing and walking, dryness gougerot-szoegren, sleep deteriorate,

function as have a lack of nerves, improving have been very little 

Hi am replying on behalf of poodlebell. She can't remember her username and unfortunately I don't know how to access this for her so can anyone help.

:huh: Diana53

Hi am replying on behalf of poodlebell. She can't remember her username and unfortunately I don't know how to access this for her so can anyone help.

:huh: Diana53

Diana, Her username would be poodlebell...if it is her password she has forgotten there is a link on the sign in page under password that she can click on (I've forgotten my password) and it will help her.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=login

Began Paxil 10/97*

Paxil free 10/16/04 (tapered over 2.5 months)

Severe withdrawal

12/04 started Lexapro due to Paxil w/d symptoms (tapered over 4 months)

Lexapro free 8/2/05

2 1/2 year severe protracted withdrawal

Doing well now with a few residual symptoms

thanks will pass this onto her now. We call it Seroxat brain when we frequently forget things. :lol:

:D I hear you!

Began Paxil 10/97*

Paxil free 10/16/04 (tapered over 2.5 months)

Severe withdrawal

12/04 started Lexapro due to Paxil w/d symptoms (tapered over 4 months)

Lexapro free 8/2/05

2 1/2 year severe protracted withdrawal

Doing well now with a few residual symptoms

• Administrator

poodlebell and I are trying to straighten this out in e-mail.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Thank you for your help with getting back onto the site, my problem was user name to log in is different to the poodlebell, but have got it sorted now.

Yes to coming off in 2006 but only tried over the counter meds and they made me worse and 5htp which made me really bad. Had to have meds after surgery, and 21 days of anti biotics, laxatives didn't take any pain meds, even though in pain, had a realy bad time with the meds from the ops. Was never sensititive to meds before seroxat and think that the codiene, which was prescribed by a doctor, was not the problem, think that it was the seroxat, but of course doctors would not agree seroxat caused w/d problems. Have been twice recently to a neurologist and he has prescribed fit pils, tried one and made me so much worse, this doctor will not accept w/d, says I have migraine, so am just eating the same food each day, very boring and trying relaxation tapes and not to get stressed, but know that my body is stressed all the time from coming off the meds.

Would love to know if the meds and food sensitivity is caused by the cns or the liver.

The neurologist on food said I have a hyper sensitive allergic reaction to food, but no advice, too busy reading in his book to see what pills he could give me, wont be going back again.

Glad to have this site as it is dealing with people who have got long term w/d, or should say protracted w/d

poodlebell

Great to see you here, poodlebell! :)

Well, it sounds like you are doing everything right to help yourself. You just have to boringly keep on doing it, and it *will* pay off.

I had to lead the most utterly boring life for several years in order to keep my system as calm as possible. I could only tolerate TV and novels that were slightly too boring! I couldn't read the news at all. I've gotten steadily better and can handle more zip. :D

The med and food sensitivity is probably caused by neurological changes, endocrinological changes, possibly other things. We don't know it all yet.

Are you able to tolerate any exercise, stretching?

What are your migraine triggers?

1996-97 - Paxil x 9 months, tapered, suffered 8 months withdrawal but didn't know it was withdrawal, so...

Sep 03 - May 05 - Paxil taper took 20 months, severe physical, moderate psychological symptoms

Jul 05 to date - post-taper, severe psychological, moderate physical symptoms, improving very slowly

Hi Healing

I find I can manage normal amounts of housework etc, but if I do too much I am then back to a bad w/d. I do try to keep as active as possible. I have this headache at the back of the head and the pressure and noise but this is not the same as the migraines that I used to have, I do get migraines now but they are not very often and seem to be when I have done too much or tried to eat something different.

Its just keep plodding on and living in hope.

poodlebell

OK, good, you seem to know the score. Yeah, there's a lot of plodding involved in this. Maybe it will help you to read and post on this site a bit, express yourself, exchange help with others.

• 6 months later...

I think this is a good article on why we get so sensititive to things in w/d

Dr. James Wilson's Adrenal Fatigue Blog•Current Articles

•RSS Feed

← The Flu Shot & Adrenal Fatigue

Dr. Wilson’s Criteria for Effective Immune Enhancers →

Food Allergies, Sensitivities and Adrenal Fatigue

Posted on November 11, 2009 by anchorwave

•email

•Twitter

•Facebook

•Digg

•del.icio.us

•LinkedIn

It is hard to say which is more important when you have adrenal fatigue – what to eat or what not to eat! Eating the wrong foods or combination of foods can throw you off for hours and even days, so do not event try to sneak something by; it is just not worth the price you have to pay. Make regaining your health a major priority and do not sacrifice it for the cheap gratification of a favorite, but unhealthy, food or drink. Pick the foods that are recommended for adrenal fatigue and stick with them. The further you deviate from them, the more problems you are likely to have and the more difficult it will be to balance your body chemistry. In order to heal and maintain your health, you need to stack as many things in your favor as possible.

Eliminate All Foods to Which You Are Allergic, Sensitive or Addicted

If you think that a particular food substance interferes in any way with achieving your optimum health, eliminate it immediately. If you suspect, but do not know which foods or beverages you are allergic, sensitive or addicted to, then it is important to find out. The adrenals are extremely important in all allergies, including food allergies and sensitivities. As your adrenal function improves, you will be less prone to allergies and will be able to eat more things. However, for the first three months, do not push the envelope. Completely eliminate all the foods you are sensitive to or suspect you are sensitive or allergic to. The idea is not to see how far you can test the limits; the idea is to get yourself well.

Role of Allergies in Adrenal Function

Most allergies involve the release of histamine and other pro-inflammatory substances (substances that produce inflammation). The adrenal hormone, cortisol, is a strong anti-inflammatory (a substance that reduces inflammation). Your circulating level of cortisol is the key factor in controlling the level of inflammatory reactions in your body. For this reason, your adrenal glands play an important role in mediating the histamine release and inflammatory reactions that produce the symptoms experienced with allergies. It is therefore not surprising that people with food and environmental allergies commonly have weak adrenal function.

The more histamine that is released, the more cortisol it takes to control the inflammatory response and the harder the adrenals have to work to produce more cortisol.

The harder the adrenals have to work, the more fatigued they become and the less cortisol they produce, allowing histamine to inflame the tissues more.

This vicious circle can lead to progressively deeper adrenal fatigue as well as to larger allergic reactions.

Anything you can do to break this cycle will help your adrenal glands and reduce the effects of allergies.

Eliminating foods that you are allergic or sensitive to from your diet is one of the best and easiest ways to decrease the demands on your struggling adrenals.

Most symptoms of allergies or food sensitivities are first felt between thirty minutes and three hours after the meal, but some may be delayed as long as two to three days.

Because of the abundance of histamine receptors in your brain, an allergen will often cause a greater reaction in your nervous system than it does anywhere else. Ranging from subtle to profound, these cerebral allergy reactions can include such symptoms as a cloudy head, confusion, sudden awkwardness, loss of consciousness, coma and occasionally death.

Responses to particular foods and drinks vary from person to person but there are some food substances that tend to produce allergies more frequently. The most common food allergens are the proteins in cow’s milk, eggs, peanuts, wheat, soy, fish, shellfish, and tree nuts. Sugar is not a common allergen, but it can greatly increase an allergic reaction. If you find yourself feeling odd or experiencing more of the signs and symptoms of adrenal fatigue after eating, think of allergies or food sensitivities.

Allergic reactions also vary in magnitude, even within the same individual. At one a time an allergen may produce only a small response, and at other times be incapacitating. It is important to track down and eliminate these food sensitivities and allergies in order to help you adrenal glands recover.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged adrenal fatigue, allergies, dr james wilson, fatigue, food allergies. Bookmark the permalink.

poodlebell

• 1 month later...

Went back to see the p.doc after 5 years

well I am glad that I went, no cure though.

I went through the coming off seroxat and then having the op and was worse after this and I could not eat many things. He said that this is the trauma of the op and, hard to put it all into words, so bear with me.

Told him how when I eat anything different or take meds or vitamin pills I am so much worse, can be within a couple of hours to two days.

showed him the adrenal test, he asked how much.

Told him about going to the nhs p.doc and him saying I have more than anxiety, then the neurologist and he said daily migraines, he asked if it was migraine or a pain in the head, I said a pain in the head, I do get migraines say once a month now and know the difference.

He summed me up as my body is in an anxious state and it is sending out too much adrenaline all the time and this is what is causing the symptoms.

With the eating my brain thinks anything different that I have is a threat and sends out even more adrenaline which makes me feel even worse, hence the doubling up of the symptoms. Asked about not having as much of what I do eat and get worse symptoms and he said its the same thing if my body does not get what it is used to it thinks this is a threat and sends out more adrenaline

The stress is the same thing, sends out more adrenaline and even doing more one day than the next can send out more adrenaline.

I asked about the adrenals and he said not to worry about them as they will be getting what they need from my diet. I told him what I eat each day and he said that I was having a good diet and not to worry about this, it could do with broadening so that I could have a better life, and would be beneficial to take a multi vit pill.

I said that I cant as I get worse and he said that you have to start with very small amounts of anything and build it up, you can eat a lot but you would be very ill, so to do small amounts until you feel better and the brain accepts that this is not a threat, it will then not send out the extra adrenaline.

He said I can stay with my diet and not put myself through eating more things but by eating more things it would allow me to do more things, eat out etc.

He said that he would rather I did not take more meds as he does not think it would be good for me.

He said he was going to recommend a pill to my doctor so that if at any time I feel I do want to try meds it will be there for me. I asked if it would be something I would have to up the dose on and he said it shouldn't but he cant guarantee it with me. He said that benzos, alchol and painkillers are drugs which need upping, I said how about a/ds as this happened to me, and he said that it does not happen as much with these. I asked what he was prescribing, and he said trazadone, have looked this up and its a tryclic, I was originally put on amytripline which is a tryclic and I had an allergic reaction to this, so would be wary of taking the trazodone. Felt on coming out I would try anything as I dont want to carry on like this, but read up on the trazadone and it increases seritonin so this is not one I would be prepared to try.

So I at least now know that its the anxiety in the body that is causing all the symptoms and why foods etc cause the problems, but no wonder cure.

He was honest in saying that there is nothing unless I take a med. that will stop the adrenaline coming out all the time.

hope some of this helps some of you

poodlebell

Edited by Altostrata
merged topics

I dunno what to say about this, he is a P doc all he can do is write prescriptions and he did. No mention of drug withdrawl.I have to say I gave up on docs last year although none of them have ever said it was anxiety.

A neurologist said it was the drug

An ENT said it may be but could also be my ears

A physician said he could not find anything.

My Gp just looks embarrased !

Started Seroxat(Paxil) for panic attacks in 1997 stopped the drug in 2005 tapered over 3 months ( doctors advice)

Suffered severe and protracted withdrawl ever since.

No other medication taken.

• Administrator

well I am glad that I went, no cure though.

I went through the coming off seroxat and then having the op and was worse after this and I could not eat many things. He said that this is the trauma of the op and, hard to put it all into words, so bear with me.

He believes you are suffering post-traumatic stress disorder from the operation, not withdrawal syndrome.

....He summed me up as my body is in an anxious state and it is sending out too much adrenaline all the time and this is what is causing the symptoms.

With the eating my brain thinks anything different that I have is a threat and sends out even more adrenaline which makes me feel even worse, hence the doubling up of the symptoms. Asked about not having as much of what I do eat and get worse symptoms and he said its the same thing if my body does not get what it is used to it thinks this is a threat and sends out more adrenaline

The stress is the same thing, sends out more adrenaline and even doing more one day than the next can send out more adrenaline.

I asked about the adrenals and he said not to worry about them as they will be getting what they need from my diet.

Can't disagree with that as I've been telling you the same thing for years!

....I said that I cant as I get worse and he said that you have to start with very small amounts of anything and build it up, you can eat a lot but you would be very ill, so to do small amounts until you feel better and the brain accepts that this is not a threat, it will then not send out the extra adrenaline.

He said I can stay with my diet and not put myself through eating more things but by eating more things it would allow me to do more things, eat out etc.

He thinks your problems with food are "all in your head."

....He said that he would rather I did not take more meds as he does not think it would be good for me.

Good sense there.

....He said he was going to recommend a pill to my doctor so that if at any time I feel I do want to try meds it will be there for me. I asked if it would be something I would have to up the dose on and he said it shouldn't but he cant guarantee it with me. He said that benzos, alchol and painkillers are drugs which need upping, I said how about a/ds as this happened to me, and he said that it does not happen as much with these. I asked what he was prescribing, and he said trazadone, have looked this up and its a tryclic, I was originally put on amytripline which is a tryclic and I had an allergic reaction to this, so would be wary of taking the trazodone. Felt on coming out I would try anything as I dont want to carry on like this, but read up on the trazadone and it increases seritonin so this is not one I would be prepared to try.

That's pretty offensive, particularly given that he's just pretended to agree you shouldn't take any more drugs. He doesn't know what to do so he pulled a prescription out of a nether orifice.

This doctor does not have a clue that your hypersensitivity to food and drugs might have something to do with withdrawal syndrome. He thinks it's all in your head.

So I at least now know that its the anxiety in the body that is causing all the symptoms and why foods etc cause the problems, but no wonder cure.

pbell, you've been looking for years for a doctor to tell you what you have. Do you feel you can stop that now?

....He was honest in saying that there is nothing unless I take a med. that will stop the adrenaline coming out all the time.

Yes, he's sort of right about the adrenaline (actually, it's adrenaline's stronger, longer-lasting cousin, cortisol), and yet he does not know of a med that will reduce this reaction.

There is a drug that can reduce that reaction, it is the beta-blocker Inderal.

Withdrew cold turkey from six medications: Celexa, Zyprexa, Depakote, Ativan, Ambien and Phentermine in 2002. It has been 10 years since I told polypharmacy to take a hike and have joined this forum to let others know that success is possible and to hopefully save people from experiencing the suffering that I did under psychiatric "care".

MY STORY

"TENSION is when we try to be who we think we should be, RELAXATION is when we are who we really are."

• Administrator

There are several drugs, and none of them is called trazodone.

(Beta blockers, alpha blockers, and lamotrigine will reduce adrenaline or cortisol production.)

Problem is, if you have withdrawal hypersensitivity, you may not be able to tolerate them. You have to use them very, very carefully.

You are right. My point was that this was a lazy doctor. There are medications to address this issue that do not fall under the category of pmeds. Why Trazadone would be suggested baffles me. However, I have been on various dosages of Inderal post WD and in my experience the 60+ mg SA version of Inderal and other beta blockers can create horrible side effects that mimic pmeds, such as depression, weight gain.

Anyway, I did not know that lamitrogine addressed this issue, I only knew based on reading anecdotal information that it was a "mood stabilizer" that is extremely hard to WD from.

Withdrew cold turkey from six medications: Celexa, Zyprexa, Depakote, Ativan, Ambien and Phentermine in 2002. It has been 10 years since I told polypharmacy to take a hike and have joined this forum to let others know that success is possible and to hopefully save people from experiencing the suffering that I did under psychiatric "care".

MY STORY

"TENSION is when we try to be who we think we should be, RELAXATION is when we are who we really are."

• Administrator

Withdrawal difficulties with lamotrigine are the same as most psychiatric drugs.

It tempers the activity of the glutamatergic "fight or flight" response, the precursor to adrenaline and cortisol production by the adrenals.

• 2 years later...
On 2/9/2012 at 4:41 AM, poodlebell said:

well I am glad that I went, no cure though. I went through the coming off seroxat and then having the op and was worse after this and I could not eat many things. He said that this is the trauma of the op and, hard to put it all into words, so bear with me. Told him how when I eat anything different or take meds or vitamin pills I am so much worse, can be within a couple of hours to two days. showed him the adrenal test, he asked how much. Told him about going to the nhs p.doc and him saying I have more than anxiety, then the neurologist and he said daily migraines, he asked if it was migraine or a pain in the head, I said a pain in the head, I do get migraines say once a month now and know the difference. He summed me up as my body is in an anxious state and it is sending out too much adrenaline all the time and this is what is causing the symptoms. With the eating my brain thinks anything different that I have is a threat and sends out even more adrenaline which makes me feel even worse, hence the doubling up of the symptoms. Asked about not having as much of what I do eat and get worse symptoms and he said its the same thing if my body does not get what it is used to it thinks this is a threat and sends out more adrenaline The stress is the same thing, sends out more adrenaline and even doing more one day than the next can send out more adrenaline. I asked about the adrenals and he said not to worry about them as they will be getting what they need from my diet. I told him what I eat each day and he said that I was having a good diet and not to worry about this, it could do with broadening so that I could have a better life, and would be beneficial to take a multi vit pill. I said that I cant as I get worse and he said that you have to start with very small amounts of anything and build it up, you can eat a lot but you would be very ill, so to do small amounts until you feel better and the brain accepts that this is not a threat, it will then not send out the extra adrenaline. He said I can stay with my diet and not put myself through eating more things but by eating more things it would allow me to do more things, eat out etc. He said that he would rather I did not take more meds as he does not think it would be good for me. He said he was going to recommend a pill to my doctor so that if at any time I feel I do want to try meds it will be there for me. I asked if it would be something I would have to up the dose on and he said it shouldn't but he cant guarantee it with me. He said that benzos, alchol and painkillers are drugs which need upping, I said how about a/ds as this happened to me, and he said that it does not happen as much with these. I asked what he was prescribing, and he said trazadone, have looked this up and its a tryclic, I was originally put on amytripline which is a tryclic and I had an allergic reaction to this, so would be wary of taking the trazodone. Felt on coming out I would try anything as I dont want to carry on like this, but read up on the trazadone and it increases seritonin so this is not one I would be prepared to try. So I at least now know that its the anxiety in the body that is causing all the symptoms and why foods etc cause the problems, but no wonder cure. He was honest in saying that there is nothing unless I take a med. that will stop the adrenaline coming out all the time. hope some of this helps some of you poodlebell

I  just found this yesterday.

https://hatinring.wordpress.com/2013/02/08/vagus-nerve-imbalancehiatal-hernia-syndrome/

it is about the vagus nerve and I have been thinking of looking into it more as a lot of things I had in withdrawal could be associated with this... I don't yet know how withdrawal could affect the vagus nerve same way it causes everything else I guess. Think of all the people in withdrawal who say they have a lump in their throat or chest and can't seem to swallow or shoulder pain or neck pain... the nerve can be aggravated at any point along its path. It is long I know a lot of folks have muscle pain I think because our muscle contract in withdrawal it seemed mine did. 

a bit from the link

". The extensive Vagus Nerve is so diverse and so interconnected to so many organs that it has been nicknamed the “wanderer.” The slightest upward displacement of the stomach through the diaphragm disorders the Vagus Nerve. Immediately, the stomach no longer is able to produce the proper amount of hydrochloric acid. The entire digestive process is then adversely affected. The final result is often that the entire body will become too acid.

From an imbalanced Vagus Nerve, any other organ can begin to malfunction depending on genetic weakness and various other factors. Of course, the diaphragm itself will be directly affected and breathing normally no longer occurs. Other openings in the diaphragm–now stretched or torn–allow the major blood vessels to and from the heart to pass through it. Thus spasms in the abdominal aorta and inferior vena cava can occur in rare cases. Indeed, Baroody’s 6th edition of his book, reveals kinesiological (muscle) tests for two separate “stuck diaphragm” conditions related to abdominal aorta and inferior vena cava imbalances. (4) The heart itself can be crowded, and pressed on by the stomach, being “where it doesn’t belong.” These last factors and the direct hyperexcitability of the Vagus Nerve’s connection to the heart, leads to many Emergency Room visits and “pseudoheart attack” symptoms of chest pain, difficulty breathing and left arm numbness. The reader, if experiencing these complaints, should seek emergency medical care, and not assume they are arising from the HHS. There is a remarkable similarity between Hiatal Hernia Syndrome and angina. Both can cause similar symptoms and both can occur after similar events such as overeating, exercise, and heavy lifting. "

I know it is reaching but sometimes a reach is something worth doing at least it has not side effects to massage you stomach or maybe see a person trained to pull it down... one just can never give up looking for ways to feel better.  

I hope you are doing better and I hope you have a Merry Christmas. 

and I wish you peace

Edited by ChessieCat
removed background

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

• Administrator

poodlebell, how are you?

I replied on the first email, the brain fog has also been very bad, I really can’t u derstand why I get so bad

i did tell David and said I think it’s a lot to do with histamine as a.ds are antihistamines but never got a reply

cx

• ChessieCat changed the title to poodlebell's Seroxat hell
  • Administrator

Are you feeling differently than from a year ago, or the same?

I feel a lot worse than I did a year ago, my head is worse and the nausea, also I am so tired no and have to pace myself all the time.  This is the rpely I got from David on mcs

Am very swamped at the moment, so difficult to chase this
the link you sent looks good 
but on a quick glimpse doesn't show any easy way to link what you have to MCS 
the problem is there are lots of things that could be going on but no solid leads on which of the options it is

As I am now sensitive to bleach etc which was nothing like it is now its the only thing I can think of
Cx