SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ Hello. mammaP checking in!

mammaP

• Moderator Emeritus

Good to hear you are following up and being diligent on this, MammaP.

1 hour ago, mammaP said:

I feel 'normal' now, or withdrawal normal which makes it difficult to seperate symptoms.

Ay, there's the rub (to quote Shakespeare)!  The risk is that we let things go thinking that "it's all withdrawal" and something important can be missed.  The flip side, which I encounter a great deal, is that we remain hypervigilant to symptoms and w/d causes so many that some of us are in a constant state of health anxiety (especially if we have tendencies in that regard).

To use another great quote "you can't win for losing!"

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

So true Andy. Hi MammaP.  Sending my love. 

I am not a medical professional. My comments and posts are based on personal experiences. Please consult appropriate medical professionals for advice. 

I was started on psych drugs back in the late 80's. You name it. I probably was on it. Tapered off final cocktail 2013-2019. For Hashimotos and high blood pressure I take Levothyroxine. Liothyronine. Spironolactone. Hydrochlorothiazide. Losartan. B12 hydroxy. Fish oil w/D3. Bee pollen. Magnesium Glycinate.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Marsha, hope you are doing well. Thank you for stopping by  :wub:

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Moderator Emeritus
10 hours ago, apace41 said:

Good call, Skeeter.  Her safety is very important to all of us.  As we all know, every one of those symptoms could very well be simple manifestations of withdrawal, however, the cluster of them together in something of an "event' makes it worth checking out.  

Keep us posted, MammaP.

Best,

Andy

Thanks, Andy for the very kind words! 

I think she is very special, too (a beloved member of our mod team to say the least!!!).  I am just glad I could be of assistance.  I made sure to ask  questions about her "WD normal" so to me it was clear very early on that this was not just WD.  You are very correct that every one of the symptoms could have been WD, I asked her so many questions that she was probably sick of me by the end...lol.   I give her credit- she did every single thing I asked of her, including anytime she was alone to make sure she was having a VERBAL conversation at least every 8 hours, so they could check her cognitive function, and check her speech for slurring.  I am very impressed with her compliance!!  Since they let TIA's wait for up to a week to be seen in the UK (YIKES!), I felt that an 8 hour verbal contact rule could be useful in this case.  Here we do not let possible TIA's wait a week, so I was a bit surprised, and the reason I asked her to be in contact when alone for any length of time exceeding 8 hours.  Maybe they did a CT, will have to ask.  If they did that, she may be able to relax the 8 hour rule.

Sending good vibes her way!

Skeeter

Current meds: Lexapro 20mg, Valium 6.25mg
Current status: September 2018 forced to go down to 10mg of Valium/Diazepam from around 15mg, with the plan to have me totally of in 2 more months. I was not given a chance to give input at tapering at this speed, please go much, much slower. Luckily I found a new doctor, but was thrown off course by my rapid taper, as of 2/19 am down to 6.25mg, and am stable. Will update with dates of taper ASAP.
Read my history here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/12819-skeeters-journey/

I am NOT a doctor. My opinions are just that- MY opinions, based on my personal experiences and research, but your experience and reactions may differ greatly, we are all different! I maintain that a doctor educated in withdrawal is the best place to get info or to get the "go ahead" before changing your medications in any way!

• Moderator Emeritus

No CT! I have to admit I was surprised too but as it was 4 days  after the event didn't question it. There is a checlkist and she wasn't sure whether I was 3 or 4, didn't know whethet to check the 4th one and decided to go with 3 because the 4th was a regular symptom. Posters everywhere say to dial 999 which I would have done if I had realised.  The doctor told me I couldn't drive my car until I have been seen because I am at risk of a full blown stroke and could have a nasty accident, but it's ok to wait a week for the hospital!  A friend is going to call me at 7am every morning and come across if there is no reply, she lives 2 minutes away.  

This is my good morning to show all my SA friends I am alive, kicking (well almost) and typing. Now I will get dressed and have breakfast. :)

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Good morning MammaP my dear friend. Sending my love. Watching your posts. Good to here your friends are checking in. How are you doing now?

I am not a medical professional. My comments and posts are based on personal experiences. Please consult appropriate medical professionals for advice. 

I was started on psych drugs back in the late 80's. You name it. I probably was on it. Tapered off final cocktail 2013-2019. For Hashimotos and high blood pressure I take Levothyroxine. Liothyronine. Spironolactone. Hydrochlorothiazide. Losartan. B12 hydroxy. Fish oil w/D3. Bee pollen. Magnesium Glycinate.

• 2 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

I am not able to read very well right now, and can’t do my usual mod stuff so I thought I would update my intro instead. The large bold text is because my eyes have Hemorrhaged and affected my sight. I say eyes,  it’s just one eye but it is the only good one I have, the other has very little vision so I am pretty much useless. I'm typing this in a document because I can't see the  small text in a reply box,  I will copy and paste it when I finished.  I'm also voice typing it's the first time I've done this and I'm not sure that Google will understand my Yorkshire accent! I haven't stable blood pressure no Google unstable thank you.  it can be very high and then it goes very low.  recently it's been speaking to dangerous levels but doctors take the average and say it's ok.

I woke up one morning with blurred vision.  my blood pressure is very high.  I already had two mini strokes and was told to call 999 if I had blurred vision,  so I did.  if I went to hospital where the doctor told me I just need a new glasses.  I had already been for an eye test just a few days before and it was just fine but they said the blood vessels at the back of my eyes with endangered abrupt ring no Google in danger of rupturing that's better.   my blood pressure was very high but it's so came down it soon came down.  listen carefully Google. I told the doctor at the hospital about this but he said my high blood pressure would only be a problem if it was consistently high all the time for  years.  my vision was getting worse but he said there was nothing wrong and sent me home.  next day I was very ill and couldn't do anything.  the day after that I went to the emergency Eye Hospital and they said the blood vessels  where hemorrhaging.  they sent me off to  accident and emergency.  my blood pressure was 235 over 109.  they kept me there until it  lowered. I now have drugs that will lower my blood pressure but only a very tiny dose,  a normal dose will lower it too much because it is unstable.  It is hoped that the drug will mean the spikes are not as high.

I am really upset that I doctor discharge me as being over anxious When my  Vision was getting worse.  my eye was hemorrhaging and he sent me home. In the last two weeks I've had 10 doctor and hospital appointments .  30% of people with this condition regain normal Vision.  30% need treatment or surgery He didn't tell me what happened to the other 30%.  I can't drive I can't read the light from the computer hurts my eyes.  I have to keep the curtains closed and wear sunglasses outside. Apparently the blood is reabsorbed at the rate of 1% per day. I hope that means 1% of the total every day and not 1% of the previous days  leg tapering no Google not leg like tapering ha ha.  I'm sorry to all those of you that have been waiting for replies. I will be back when I can bear to look at the computer for more than a few seconds.

Maybe I should use this time to tell my story,  how How it all started,  it started with Seroxat.  someone recently so that I couldn't possibly understand because I am so well functioning.  it's taken 20 years to get where I am now no it's actually 23 it started in 1994.  there are lots of experience is mentioned throughout this topic just Bits and pieces here and there.  I should start at the beginning But not today.  my head hurts so I'm going to copy this now and see if it will paste into my thread then I shall go to bed and hope that's morning will be just a little bit better than today.  

Google is not very good at understanding m,e ! 

2002  effexor. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh my, dear MammaP!

It's so horrible what you are going through but with your customary determination, resilience and grace. And so resourceful at making google type for you! Can it read for you also?

I so hope it gets better tomorrow! Please let us know how you are doing (provided it doesn't strain your eyes...)

Big hugs!

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

Oh MammP,  love you so much. Think of you and keeping you in my prayers my dear friend. 

I am sending best wishes to you.

You are always there with your kind replies.in my early Paxil  CT wdl.

Well I hardly feel for God,  but still I pray that you get well soon.

Bhasski 

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda
  • Moderator Emeritus
On 13/10/2017 at 10:07 PM, bubble said:

It's so horrible what you are going through but with your customary determination, resilience and grace. And so resourceful at making google type for you! Can it read for you also?

Sadly google doesnt read for mr!  Things are no better, slightly worse with sight and now side effects of the drug to cope with. I am typonf this with my eyes half closed, hope it ,akes semde! Doctor again tomorrow then foing to stay with my family for a few days.  It is so frustrating I can only read a few woeds. Praying I am in the 30% that regains normal vision. 

On 14/10/2017 at 6:08 PM, Marsha said:

Oh MammP,  love you so much. Think of you and keeping you in my prayers my dear friend. 

Thank you Martsha, I need those prayers right now! xxx

On 14/10/2017 at 7:14 PM, bhasski said:

I am sending best wishes to you.

You are always there with your kind replies.in my early Paxil  CT wdl.

Well I hardly feel for God,  but still I pray that you get well soon.

Bhasski 

Thank you Bhasski,  I hope you are doing ok. 

Wish I could bw mpore positive! Feeling low, I blame the drugs for all this, they ruined my body. 

2002  effexor. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Just caught up on what's going on with you, MammP.  Hang in there.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Andy,  sight still no better it is so frustrstimg. Allbi can do is wait it out.bjust been to GP and offered more drugs. I am having sude effects from the BP meds and they want me to double them and add more. Why don't there get it, some if us just can't take drugs however necessary they might be. Fed up today. 

2002  effexor. 

• Moderator Emeritus
1 minute ago, mammaP said:

Thanks Andy,  sight still no better it is so frustrstimg. Allbi can do is wait it out.bjust been to GP and offered more drugs. I am having sude effects from the BP meds and they want me to double them and add more. Why don't there get it, some if us just can't take drugs however necessary they might be. Fed up today. 

I understand.  See the link below.  Might be of interest to you.

http://www.resperate.com/

Best,

Andy

• Moderator Emeritus
12 hours ago, apace41 said:

I understand.  See the link below.  Might be of interest to you.

http://www.resperate.com/

Best,

Andy

Thank you Andy, that looks pergect!!  I found a used one on ebay, feeling morw poaitive now :) 

2002  effexor. 

How are u doing dear Mp?

Any slight relief?

• July 2016: prescribed 25mg Zoloft, diagnosed with MDD. Developed severe reaction and taken to ER.. CSeroquel when not able to sleep, very small dose (12.5mg) but causing headache and dry mouth the next two three days, 

• July - December 2016: 25+ 25mg, constantly in pain, had to go to ER once, 

• January 2017: Still believing the doctors and thinking the meds are helpful, increased the dose to 75mg, had to go to ER three times, after drinking water non-stop.  

• Realised that these meds are actually toxins and are very harmful. Looking for experts in the field, going to doctors

• February - May 2017: 50mg, severe withdrawal symptoms, severe burning pain in chest, lower back, Seroquel only 12.5mg but not helping. Slowly developing OCD, as the headaches and heat flash can hit any time.

• found SA site and started reading day and night

• May-September 2017: 25mg, drinking lots of water, having great pain, not able to function, ER visits because of arythmia, hot flashes

• October 2017: started tapering and feeling better, but the symptoms are there. 

• Supplements: None so far, 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

• Moderator Emeritus
On 20/10/2017 at 2:47 PM, virgo43 said:

How are u doing dear Mp?

Any slight relief?

Thank you for stopping by Virgo. Still no better, and hoping it starts to improve soon.  

I got the gadget that Andy shpwed me and it looks promising, there is an immediate drop in BP and it says that the drop will last after 3 weeks of regular use so it's really good. Because it isnt a drug it shpouldn't drop too low which is a worry with the drugs. It isn't consistently high and is like a roller coaster!  It is the spikes that have caused the stroke. Maybe it is the stress living here, time to look at moving on. 

2002  effexor. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Feeling down because of SAD and I can't use my lightbox because my eyes are reacting badly to bright light. Went to the health shop for some D3 and couldn't read the labels so asked for help, explainung that I had a hemorrhage in my eye. The lady said her friend had one and never recovered her vision but trying to be poritive sayd it's good that we ger 2 eyes. I only have one good one and that is the one affected. Then went to the chemist to collect my tramadol and it has been stopped because I haven't had one for 3 months and I need to see the doctor. Excuse me while I go and have a tantrum! 

2002  effexor. 

• Moderator Emeritus

I didn't have a tantrum. I practiced my breathing instead. I am not very good at being patient while my eye heals, I took my sight for granted as I;m sure most of us do. My left eye is just outside vision and not good for anything really, just light and shapes so having my right eye affected is really difficult. Why did it have to be this one.  But it is what iot is, and it will either get better or it won't. There isnt anything I can do either. No self care just wait for it to heal. It is good that I found SA an =d learned oatience waiting for my nervous system to heal, I am sure I woyuld been more distressed right now if I hadn;t been here. 

I need to rethink my taper, if I cant get nay more tramadol I have to space out what I hvae, I think I have a couple of packs in.  The trouble is that high blood pressure can be caused by withdrawal and its hogh blood pressure spikes thar caused the eye to hemorrhage.  As my taper would take another 15 years at the rate I have been tapering it is a bit worrying having to taper faster. Please excuse my typos I cant see the keybpard! 

2002  effexor. 

I'm so sorry this has happened to you,mamma.

I have enough trouble with blurry vision in my left eye ,can't imagine both eyes!

I hope and pray you recover quickly...you help so many here and don't deserve so much suffering.

sending healing thoughts and big hugs.

ds

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 10/20/2017 at 3:05 AM, mammaP said:

Thank you Andy, that looks pergect!!  I found a used one on ebay, feeling morw poaitive now :) 

Hi, mammaP,

Checking in to see how things are going with the resperate machine.

Hope you are starting to see (pun intended) improvements!

Best,

Andy

• Moderator Emeritus
On 26/10/2017 at 9:03 PM, apace41 said:

Hi, mammaP,

Checking in to see how things are going with the resperate machine.

Hope you are starting to see (pun intended) improvements!

Best,

Andy

Thanks Andy.  I have stopped the BP drug, the side effects were getting wprse every day, that is typical; for us who are sensitive. I flt better after 24 hours. The rsperate seems to be doing a good job, the spikes are lower. The highest it's been since starting iot is 160/102 but that was only once. I've dropped checkint to 3 times a day, my arm is getting really painful with it. Will see how it is now I am off the drug. This is the 3rd day without. I took it for 2 weeks. I don't think the vision is any better and sometimes it's worse, there are new floaters which are red and like smugded paint whicj I assume is blood. I had them when I had the stroke. They change coupour going from red to black and fade, then went read again. I am back at the hospital MOnday. It is still hard on the computer, Cant see the keybpard! 

2002  effexor. 

• Moderator Emeritus
8 minutes ago, mammaP said:

The rsperate seems to be doing a good job, the spikes are lower. The highest it's been since starting iot is 160/102 but that was only once.

That sounds pretty promising, mammaP.  Let's hope this keeps it under control.

9 minutes ago, mammaP said:

I don't think the vision is any better and sometimes it's worse, there are new floaters which are red and like smugded paint whicj I assume is blood.

Hard to say for sure but worth reporting in detail when you get to the hospital.

We are all thinking good thoughts for you.

Best,

Andy

Mama : I'm so very sorry that you are going through this. I understand as I have also had some vision impairment. I don't drive anymore as my vision is blurry but that's ok - buses are good !  I hope you get some relief, very soon.

Wishing you well,

Alison

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Hi MammaP.  Love you.

Hi MammaP,

So sad to read what has happened to you. I pray for healing miracles to come your way.

All the best, Althea

2008: Cymbalta 60 mg, stopped at 30mg; Seroquel 25 mg for sleep; higher doses of Seroquel autumn 2008 and Lamictal started Dec. 2008

2009: Seroquel XR 300 mg + Seroquel IR 300 mg + Lamictal 300 mg

2010: Lamictal down to 200 mg. 2011: Seroquel XR down to 200mg (by first tapering IR 25mg at a time).

2015: started tapering Lamictal, down to 175mg, held for two weeks, down to 150 mg. Got symptoms.

2016: tapered Lamictal, now with 10 % rule and 3-week holds. Got it down to 100 mg. No significant symptoms.

2017: tapered Lamictal, with 10 % or less and held 3-6 weeks in between. Got it down to 50 mg in July.

Oct. 2017-Feb. 2018: tapered Seroquel IR from 200mg to 150mg. Feb. 2018: made a switch: Seroquel XR down to 150mg and IR up to 200mg.

April 2018: continued tapering Lamictal, down to 46 mg. June-Oct. 2018: continued with BM slide, down to 35mg.

April 2019: made a switch: Seroquel XR down to 100mg and IR up to 250mg. July IR down to 225mg, Aug. IR down to 200mg. Dec. Seroquel IR down to 190mg.

Jan. 2020: Seroquel IR down to 180mg. Feb. IR down to 175mg. March: IR back up to 200mg. May: Lamictal down to 34mg. July: made a switch: Seroquel XR down to 50mg and IR up to 250 mg. Held for 3 weeks, then IR down to 225 mg. Aug. IR down to 200 mg. Nov. Lamictal down to 33mg, Dec. down to 32mg.

Jan. 2021 down to 31mg, March 2021 Lamictal down to 30mg. June 2021: last switch: Seroquel XR down to 0mg and Seroquel IR up to 250mg.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you all so much for your  hugs and prayers. 

On 24/10/2017 at 6:15 PM, direstraits said:

I have enough trouble with blurry vision in my left eye ,can't imagine both eyes!

It has always been something I have dreaded, losing my good eye, just hoping that it recovers. 

On 28/10/2017 at 8:12 PM, AliG said:

I don't drive anymore as my vision is blurry but that's ok - buses are good !

I am getting used to buses now Ali, and they are free for oldies like me!

On 29/10/2017 at 12:36 AM, Marsha said:

Hi MammaP.  Love you.

Thank you my dear friend, thank you for your prayers. 

On 29/10/2017 at 4:50 PM, Althea said:

Hi MammaP,

So sad to read what has happened to you. I pray for healing miracles to come your way.

All the best, Althea

Thank you Althea, this is just another  hurdle to jump over, hopefuly I will be over it soon! 

On 28/10/2017 at 7:47 PM, apace41 said:

That sounds pretty promising, mammaP.  Let's hope this keeps it under control.

So far so good, BP is pretty stable, had a spike last night but only went to 180/76. It is hovering around 135/75 which is great! 

My eyes feel ok in the half light,  when the sun is just managing to penetrate the curtains slightly. I can't see very much but it is clear. Then I step into light and it goes off quickly.  I am going to stay away from the computer because that is the worst trigger, can't see it with my dark glasses and blinded withput them. 

I will pop in occasionally but am hoping that if I stay away from bright light it will impriobve quicker. 

2002  effexor. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

An update. My eyes are no better and started to get worse. I went back to the hospital and the doctor said my eye pressure is very high and needed to start eye drops immediately to reduce it. The pain was awful and felt like my eyeballs were going to explode. My BP os a very healthy 134/69 tonight and has only spiked twice since I started using the resperate, and that was nowhere near as high as previous spikes. . I can't thank Andy enough for that link, it has been a life saver, probably literally! I took BP drug for 2 weeks and it made me so sick I couldn't have carried on with it, even if I hadn't got the resperate. 

Back to the hospital visit. The doc said the BP spike had caused the hemorrhage but not the pressure, and the pressure can damage the optic nerve. He asked about glaucoma in the family but no one has it and none of my relatives who passed away had it either. I did some research and found that eye pressure can be caused by BP drugs!! I stopped them a week ago so maybe withdrawal, I hope so because I am so scared of losing my sight. It's still hard to see the computerm and white pages of a book are blinding. Can't tolerate bright lights. The doctor said I MUST go back next week to see a consultant and disciss prognosis and treatment options. He said most people don't recover their full sight after hemorrhage. I didn't want to hear that! I want to hear about those who do recover. He said it can take months to get better, if it does. Treatment seems to be an injection of steroid into the eye, if the optic nerve isnt damaged. 

I went for a scan on my shoulder and have torn the rotator cuff, there is  a bad bursitis too. I go for a scan on Monday for the enlatrged lymph node, more have popped up now too. Then back to the eye hospital Thurday. It is one after the other and most of my time is spent at appointments and travelling then wiped out and recovering. On a positive note I started juicing and enjoying it. I feel the benefits too. I just remembered I read that eye pressure can be caused by insulin? Not the injectible one but natural so I need to look that up because meybe it is linked to juicing and the changes on body chemistry? 

I need to go now my head hurts, I miss being here :(. Im going to copy this to my thread. Hopefully will be back soon. 

Edited by mammaP

2002  effexor. 

Hi MamaP,

So sorry to hear about your vision problems. 

Four years ago when I was completely new to this Antidepressant world and I was completely lost and scared, you were there to answer my questions. 

Thank you,  I really appreciate it. 

I was wondering whether you have tried,  pomegranate juice?

It is supposed to be good for lowering blood pressure. 

Have you tried chopping up garlic cloves and mixing the garlic into a jar of honey?

You take one teaspoon of it, everyday before breakfast. 

This is supposed to help lower the blood pressure too.

I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery. 

Take care,  Hopefull. 

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Dang, I did not have high blood pressure but one time I went to my regular eye doctor for my annual exam. He told me I needed to go to my regular physician as he found a retinal hemorrhage on the retinal scan and the pressure in one of my eyes was high.  My regular doctor had me do a bunch of tests. Check for diabetes, high blood pressure, blood work, ultrasound of my carotid arteries, and something with the heart to check the chambers/doppler. I was pretty freaked and found a retinal specialist in my area. It was a very small hemorrhage in the peripheral part of my left eye (inner).  The specialist was impressed my eye doctor even found it as it very small. I followed up with the retinal specialist after a few months and it healed up. I had no idea I had any problems with my eye at the time. When I reflect back on it, the only thing that was strange is I would periodically notice a small gold fleck that appeared in my vision. I thought it was from eyeshadow b/c it appeared to be on my nose. Now one thing I was doing at the time was bio-identical hormones and my testosterone levels were extremely high. I stopped taking that drug out of fear. So my situation sounds a little bit different as I didn't even notice any vision problem other than the random sparkle fleck. I thought it wouldn't heal but the specialist made it sound like it did. You may want to see if you can find a retinal specialist if you aren't already seeing one.

-2005 -2016 60mg Cymbalta

11/2016 abrupt drop to 30mg. Insomnia started (about 2x a week.)

6/29/2017 started aggressive taper. Dosage:6/29 25mg,7/7 20mg,7/10 15mg,7/1713mg,7/18 10 mg,7/22 8mg,7/31 7.5mg,8/1 6.25mg. At 6.25mg insomnia every night (waking 2-4am.) 

8/2017 began up dosing 8/9 7.5mg,8/16 10mg.

Late 2017 new taper from 25mg. Approx 10% reduction per mos (mini-tablets.) 10mg sleep would not stabilize. Cont'd taper meds running out.

Jan 2019 stopped taper at 2.5mg. Using only supplements. Morning 500mg tyrosine, 100mg L-theanine, 600mg NAC. After breakfast 1000mg fish oil, 5mg iron, 2000IU D3, B complex, 500mg ginseng, 50mg ginkgo, probiotics & 50mg zinc. Bedtime 1000mg tryptophan, 500mg gaba, 3mg time released melatonin, 325mg magnesium powder, & 100mg progesterone.

Feb 2019 brain zaps gone. Still have chronic insomnia & anxiety at times.

March 2019-Purchased Alpha Stim

May 2019-sleep still inconsistent.

October 2019- (Morning) L-Tyrosine, Super B complex, 5mg ferritin,fish oil, vit c, (Evening)200mg progesterone, 1mg Natrol Time Release Melatonin, 325mg Calm magnesium, glycine powder. Alpha Stim only seems to help with anxiety not insomnia. Usually wake up nightly average of 2 hours. *Using 25mg Benadryl or 12.5mg Doxylamine Succinate occasionally

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus
On 05/12/2017 at 12:07 AM, SDOE said:

he found a retinal hemorrhage on the retinal scan and the pressure in one of my eyes was high

Yes that is what happened, the result is like clouds that float around, and one at the top of my vision.  I see the retina consultant and have to go to the glaucoma clinic in Feb.  Did your pressure come down on it's own? 

On 13/11/2017 at 11:17 AM, Hopefull said:

Have you tried chopping up garlic cloves and mixing the garlic into a jar of honey?

Thanks Hopefull, I have a recipe that I found on youtube, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, cider vinegar and honey. I make that and take it twice a day and it seems to be working along with the resperate, I was sceptical but it works! 

Another update. THings are not any better with my vision. It was improving but the clouds are back. It is very frustrating. The snow has arrived too so am holed up here and need to stay away from the computer. I worked out what was causing the withdrawal, it was bubbles! I use syringes to get my dose after dissolving capsules and couldn't see the bubbles, I remove 0.2 ml using a 1ml syringe so it's very tiny and a bubble would be quite  bit. I now use a magnifying glass, it suddenly hit me that there might be bubbles in there and there was!  My BP started to spike again, nowhere near as high as before but still too high at 180/95. I couldn't understand why it was going back up again, then remembered that I had run out of the liquid I had made. The resperate is good but i also made this stuff I saw on youtube. Apperently poor people in INdia make it for CVD. It is simply lemon juice, garlic, ginger, cider vinegar boiled together then added honey.  Yesterday I made a new batch and could hardly believe it this morning when my bP was back to 131/77.  The resperate and this together seem to be doing the trick

The drops are awful, I was looking in the magnifying mirror  to use them and literally saw tiny blood spots appear on the whites of my eyes, I told them how badly they affected me and they insisted that it will get better with time as I get used to them. Isn't that what they say about all drugs? I've bpught some bilberry and lutein tablets, a friend is taking tham and they have lowered her eye pressure to 16and18.  There are no symptoms but I had terrible pain and saw through research that it is damage that causes the pain not the pressure itself.   I am scared that I am going to go blind. It was getting better and now has gona back. It happened when my BP spiked I think, the same as before. There isnt anything that can be done, just wait and be patient while it clears again. 

And this confusing thing happened too.   I got a letter to tell me I was being admitted for cataract surgery in Feb. I called them and said I dont have cataracts so they looked up my file and that was a mistake BUT she said that the doctor has said surgery will be later and it will be discussed at my next appointment. He never mentioned surgery! I wish doctors would explein things, it makes me so angry that they just expect us to follow everything without understanding.   :angry:

I miss being here so much, I miss driving and taking my elderly friends out and about. I miss going to visit my daughter and grsndsons.  I miss beiong able to read propely, and now the snow is here I want to make a snowman but must behave! The car park is iced over and I would love to slide down it,the kids outside are having fun though it's nice to hear their laughter and squeals :wub:  

2002  effexor. 

Hi MammaP,

I am glad that garlic and honey is helping to lower your blood pressure. 

Sometimes home remedies do work. 

Take care,  Hopeful. :)

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

• 1 month later...

Hi MP ,I noticed from an old thread you had the tiny beads in your Effexor capsules  [400].

I quote this from your drug sig above .did you do a taper by reducing the tiny beads,im struggling to find anyone like myself that is doing it this method  .people seem to change to a different drug and go from there .this isn't an option for me I believe because I'm so long on this dose .

Thanks in advance for any reply .

Hope the weather on the turn for the better up there for ye  ,I'm going this weekend to visit family . 

PB

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi MP me again Apologies for repeating myself here .

I know I should read your thread to get my answer but concentration not great .

Did you do the counting method for the beads on tapering Effexor .

Thanks in advance .

I appreciate the fact your a Mod and very busy .

cheers and I hope your well .

PB 

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi PB, I haven't been well for a while, improved and came back then a family crisis called me away again! Such is life. 

I will go to your thread and reply to your questions there so you have it for future reference. 

2002  effexor. 

• Moderator Emeritus

And just want to say.......so very excellent and nice to have you "checking in" and excellent that you are back mammaP.  It warms my heart, it does!

Love, peace, healing/inrecovery, and..........growth.......(going to get a forest green color nailed very soon.......I can feel it)

manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing