SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ angie007's story

Altostrata

• Administrator

[posted for angie007 by surviving]

Jan 1997 - rx 30mg paxil for grief issues.

2005, started getting dizzyness, light headed feeling, general feeling of being unwell - TOLERANCE

Dec 2005, doctor ct off, very unwell, non functional basically, suffered akathesia type symptoms, brain fog

Feb 2005, doctor rx prozac, propranellol and diazepam

March 4th 2006, doctor ct prozac, proprannellol and diazepam, when ineffective at controlling symptoms

March 6th 2006, SEIZURE CREATED BY CT OFF PROZAC, PROPRANELLOL AND DIAZEPAM

April 2006, Rx paxil 20mg only

november 2007, very slow taper started ( found pp) 20-19mg, braIN FOG DISAPPEARS OVERNIGHT

[March 2011] Continued to reduce until present day 2mg, which ive been at for some time now, due to family pressures which began here 3 weeks before xmas!!!!!

Im in that place where i never feel well, I have raging anxiety/panic on a regular basis, seem very " wired" with no trigger, suffer nauseaus feelings, bloat, weird headaches?? head pain, mainly in the back of my head and in my neck and across

my shoulders, lower back pain,frequent urination, general feeling of weakness in my arms and sometimes jelly legs, some memory loss ( forget things all the time), agoraphobia due to my panics, no motivation, i find myself with mood swings, and sometimes rages too, so unlike the person i used to be, very outspoken, will tell people things i would never have told them prior to tapering.

dont even know what interests me anymore. Oh and the crazy mental thoughts, racers they are, lucid dreams, you name it, ive had it.

I am low... but not depressingly low, more a feeling of low, because i feel stuck, and somedays need constant reassurance that we can and will heal from this chemical damage,

its a hard long , lonely journey on your own, as my family have little idea of the misery , pain and anguish i suffer on a daily basis.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Administrator

Can you tell me please, at 1.5mg of paxil now, i have this new symptom that is scaring the hell out of me.

It feels almost like my brain is in overdrive, and cant slow it down, it makes me feel jittery and shaky internally and almost feels like imgonna have a seizure type thing, altho i havent as yet, fingers crossed.

Any idea as to what this is??????

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• Administrator

angie, please feel you can get the reassurance you need on this site.

My guess is your latest symptom is akathisia.

Some people say fish oil helps. Magnesium might help, too. Maybe others have suggestions.

Did you just make a drop? Maybe it was too big of a drop?

You will be okay. These terrible symptoms are "normal" for withdrawal. I'm just worried that maybe you need a tiny little bit more Seroxat, that the drop was too big for your nervous system.

Hang on, it's awful, people do get through it.

Hi Angie. I'm so sorry you've had to go through this hell.

Given that you had a seizure once before -- an experience no one should have to go through! -- it's understandable you would fear it happening again. But, that happened when you CT'ed off of three meds, and now you have been tapering for a good, long time off of one.

I have similar questions to Surviving about whether this drop is too much for you at this time. You mention family pressures -- maybe it would work better to wait a bit longer before making your next drop.

Have you had these symptoms before after a drop?

How big was your drop? 2 mg to 1.5 mg? Can you make a smaller drop?

Alternately, have you had these symptoms if you stay too long at a dose? In which case, does it help to drop a bit?

1996-97 - Paxil x 9 months, tapered, suffered 8 months withdrawal but didn't know it was withdrawal, so...

1998-2001 - Zoloft, tapered, again unwittingly went into withdrawal, so...

2002-03 - Paxil x 20 months, developed severe headaches, so...

Sep 03 - May 05 - Paxil taper took 20 months, severe physical, moderate psychological symptoms

Sep 03 - Jun 05 - took Prozac to help with Paxil taper - not recommended

Jul 05 to date - post-taper, severe psychological, moderate physical symptoms, improving very slowly

hi guYS,

wELCOME TO A BRAND NEW SITE, which is going to be bigger and better than any other, THANKYOU SURVIVING!!!!

Well went to the doctor today, i was a little teary when i got there, but explained the problems id had trying to reinstate magnesium,

as it had given me the nerve jangly feelings in my body, like all my nerve endings were kaput, made me feel unwell too, plus the added anxiety it had created,

IT IS THE MAGNESIUM hurray!!!!!!!

He said i was far too sensitive, and not to take anything else at all, no vits, no nothing.

I stopped the mag last night and feel a lot better today.

Whilst i was at the doctors, i mentioned this awful symptom that ive now had twice in 3 weeks, which has really scared the hell out of me,

it feels almost like your brain and head are HYPERACTIVE, and you have no control over it, it gets almost to the stage of HYPER EXCITABILITY,

which makes me feel like i may have a seizure - is the very best way i can explain it.

He was NOT at all surprised, of course i cried, having to go relate that, but when he told me had attended a convention and met with DAVID HEALEY,

and discussed my case, i cried even more, he put his arm around me, and then the flood gates opened, he was so kind and reassuring,

and told me, that the reason i had a seizure before, was because i was ct off a benzo, that was a typical result and to be expected.

This is different, i have spent 3 + long years coming down off 20mg, and still have 1.5mg to go.

He told me this symptom is created because our bodies and minds are in a state of HYPERACTIVITY FROM A DRUG THAT HAS CREATED DEPENDANCY,

and this symptom is not new, and to be expected, especially if the anxiety spirals from the fear of it.

He told me, its nothing to fear, and it will ever harm me, and taught me some CBT tips to control it, if it ever happens again.

He also told me, that this has NOTHING TO DO WITH SEIZURES AT ALL!!!!!!!!

He then said, that he wanted to do some blood tests because of the jittery/shakyness, to check my levels, and check my thyroid, in fact

i think he is checking for almost everything - i have those done a week today!!! he made an appointment for 2 weeks today for me to get results!!!

I am also booked in for an ekg next week to check for MPV - mitral valve prolapse which gives chronic anxiety, but he doesnt think its necessary,

he is doing it as a precaution and to put my mind at rest.

He was so kind and thoughtful with his time, and the way he spoke to me, explaining everything in full, then he told me, he knows more about wd than i do,

that made me laugh, as i started to educate him a long time ago.

He also told me, that the longer i delay doing things because of this anxiety problem, the harder it will be, when it goes away, in other words

avoidance of things does not pay in the long run.

He really assured me, that no matter how bad, or for how long we have all suffered, everyone does indeed recover!!!!!!!!

As i was full of negativity, living a very limited life because of this, i sort of felt really low, been doing this now since 2005, in some shape or form,

and he explained to me how easy it is, to BECOME YOUR ILLNESS!!!!! if you let it, which i so obviously have.

I then told him about my experience with NLP and TFT therapy and how good i felt after the first visit, and how 2 days later i was back in the hole again!!!!

His reply, IF THIS WAS A REAL ILLNESS, just one therapy would not make you feel that good, as i did things that day i hadnt done in a long long time.

His theory about positivity made sense, as people do fight CANCER to some extent, using this, although we all know

that wd is not thought driven at all, but it does help a little to think a little more positively, as ive come back and gone through

my housework with no issues at all.

I do feel more relieved, but of course will feel better again, when these test results are done and back, and we can safely chalk it all up

to GSK and there WONDER DRUG SEROXAT!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for listening guys, its so nice to have somewhere to vent, where we all understand all of this, and no one is going to tell me,

that we can THINK our way out, and we are doing it to ourselves etc, face the fear!!!!!!

ITS PURE SEROXAT AND CHEMICAL DAMAGE as we all know.

Began taking 30mg Seroxat on 15th Jan 1997 for grief issues. Remained at that dosage until Dec 05, did doctor ct, akathesia set in along with being non functional and overly emotional, brain fog. Doctor prescribed prozac, propranelol and diazeapam to counteract side effects, and told me to ct those 3 after 2.5/3 months use, induced wd seizure on 2nd day after ct. Was reinstated on seroxat 20mg in april 06, remained at that dose until Nov 07 and began a very slow taper lasting 56 months, finally DRUG FREE on 11th may 2011.

Hi Angie,

I'm really glad your doctor understands what you are going through...validation does help.

I wanted to comment on the racing head feeling...I had this 2 or 3 times (things 5 1/2 yrs. out are starting to get fuzzy thank goodness!) upon waking in the morning (in addition to that awful waking anxiety)but, it let up after I got up and started moving around. It was very scary at the time, but nothing to worry about as your doctor said. I've never had it again. I know how you feel with all the weird sensations you get in w/d, I didn't cope very well at times, but am here to say it does end.

Began Paxil 10/97*

Paxil free 10/16/04 (tapered over 2.5 months)

Severe withdrawal

12/04 started Lexapro due to Paxil w/d symptoms (tapered over 4 months)

Lexapro free 8/2/05

2 1/2 year severe protracted withdrawal

Doing well now with a few residual symptoms

HI Healing,

Thankyou so much for your kind words, yes validation means so much,

and just knowing someone else who has head this weird head symptom helps,

its brilliant you havent had it again, and i hope i never get it again too lol.

ReaLLY APPRECIATE IT, THANKYOU

Began taking 30mg Seroxat on 15th Jan 1997 for grief issues. Remained at that dosage until Dec 05, did doctor ct, akathesia set in along with being non functional and overly emotional, brain fog. Doctor prescribed prozac, propranelol and diazeapam to counteract side effects, and told me to ct those 3 after 2.5/3 months use, induced wd seizure on 2nd day after ct. Was reinstated on seroxat 20mg in april 06, remained at that dose until Nov 07 and began a very slow taper lasting 56 months, finally DRUG FREE on 11th may 2011.

iM SO SORRY, THE LAST POST IS TO Hopeful,

HEALING THANKYOU FOR YOUR REPLY TO, OOOPS, SO SORRY GUYS.

• Administrator

Well went to the doctor today...He said i was far too sensitive, and not to take anything else at all, no vits, no nothing. I stopped the mag last night and feel a lot better today.

...but when he told me had attended a convention and met with DAVID HEALEY,

and discussed my case, i cried even more, he put his arm around me, and then the flood gates opened, he was so kind and reassuring, and told me, that the reason i had a seizure before, was because i was ct off a benzo, that was a typical result and to be expected....

...He told me this symptom is created because our bodies and minds are in a state of HYPERACTIVITY FROM A DRUG THAT HAS CREATED DEPENDANCY....

...He then said, that he wanted to do some blood tests because of the jittery/shakyness...he is doing it as a precaution and to put my mind at rest.

He was so kind and thoughtful with his time, and the way he spoke to me, explaining everything in full, then he told me, he knows more about wd than i do, that made me laugh, as i started to educate him a long time ago.

...He really assured me, that no matter how bad, or for how long we have all suffered, everyone does indeed recover!!!!!!!!...he explained to me how easy it is, to BECOME YOUR ILLNESS!!!!! if you let it, which i so obviously have.

...His reply, IF THIS WAS A REAL ILLNESS, just one therapy would not make you feel that good, as i did things that day i hadnt done in a long long time.

...although we all know that wd is not thought driven at all, but it does help a little to think a little more positively...

...ITS PURE SEROXAT AND CHEMICAL DAMAGE as we all know.

angie, thank you for that excellent post.

Your doctor sounds brilliant. Many things he told you are right on the money. It's also a good sign he talkedd with David Healy. This gives me hope that the word is getting around to some doctors.

He sounds like such an excellent doctor, would you post this name and the city in which he practices here? It may be someone else in a bad way would benefit from his help.

• Administrator

Angie, Neuroplastic has questions about magnesium here http://survivingantidepressants.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/34-magnesium/

Perhaps you can tell him about your experiences.

hi Angie007,

if i well understand you are on 2 mg (or 1,5mg)

for me you are suffering from 20 mg to 18 mg and not from a drop

i suffer today from 20 to 0 mg and it lasts since 2 years

how does brain repair ?

after a drop , all before (18 mg) is repaired = no

after 0 mg the brain suffers and takes 1 year minimum to repair partially

in your case , i would do : taper reasonably 2 weeks each time to reach 0 mg, and then suffer (depression, anxiety, pains...) and with time you will be better and better

it is the classic taper

sorry for your suffering

for anxiety 

12 years paxil - cold turkey 1,5 month - switch celexa 1 year taper; total 13 years on brain meds 

67 years old - 9 years  med free

in protracted withdrawal

rigidity standing and walking, dryness gougerot-szoegren, sleep deteriorate,

function as have a lack of nerves, improving have been very little 

• Moderator Emeritus

Angie, I am so sorry that you are going through this. I c/t'ed off benzos and bata blockers four years ago, then started tapering off my last drug, AD, cymbalta. I have had all the pains, shakes, jitters, but not the seizures.

It is the drugs. there are things that you can do to help get through the worst moments. I think that the positive TFT experience was you experiencing support and validation from the practitioner. I am so glad you have a good doc, who understands what you are going through. About the magnesium (I found that I can't tolerate any supplements at all after I got halfway through my AD taper) At first it helped and then - it didn't. I take all stuff like that as signs that my body is rebalancing.

I am really glad you found your way here.

1989 - 1992 Parnate* 

1992-1998 Paxil - pooped out*, oxazapam, inderal

1998 - 2005 Celexa - pooped out* klonopin, oxazapam, inderal

*don't remember doses

2005 -2007   Cymbalta 60 mg oxazapam, inderal, klonopin

Started taper in 2007:

CT klonopin, oxazapam, inderal (beta blocker) - 2007

Cymbalta 60mg to 30mg 2007 -2010

July 2010 - March 2018 on hiatus due to worsening w/d symptoms, which abated and finally disappeared. Then I stalled for about 5 years because I didn't want to deal with W/D.

March 2018 - May 2018 switch from 30mg Cymbalta to 20mg Celexa 

19 mg Celexa October 7, 2018

18 mg Celexa November 5, 2018

17 mg Celexa  December 2, 2019

16 mg Celexa January 6, 2018 

15 mg Celexa March 7, 2019

14 mg Celexa April 24, 2019

13 mg Celexa June 28, 2019

12.8 mg Celexa November 10, 2019

12.4 Celexa August 31, 2020

12.2 Celexa December 28, 2020

12 mg Celexa March 2021

11 mg  Celexa February 2023

Hi Guys,

Thankyou all for your replys.

Baxter, they were not seizures, but seizure type feelings, caused by hyperarousal, its what these drugs do to us ,

my doctor says.

Now dilemma yet again,

Im at 1.5mg, i have anxiety bad, jitters and shakes, lower back pain/neck and shoulder pain,

and havent felt too good at this low dosage for some time.

Now the problem is I have 2 daughters getting married in a few short months, and i would really love to

go obviously without the anxiety and the shakes, jitters, the other stuff i can cope with.

So, what do i do now in order to achieve that goal,

1) continue to taper slowly, knowing at this low dosage, therapeutically its doing nothing anyway.

2) discontinue now aT 1.5MG and pray to God for my dream to come true

3) Reinstate at 5 or 10mg, as i think they were the last dosages where i was pretty much stable anyway.

Id love to hear all your comments tonight, as i have a very big decision to make, thats bothering me,

ive taken 3plus yrs to come down from just 20mg, i just cant afford to mess up now!!!!

Thankyou guys.

PS, Surviving, I made sure i turned the caps lock off on my keyboard, as no offence anyone, i dont want anyone to think that im rude and shouting.

Just desperate to make the right decision is all.

Angie, I'd go the slow taper way. Just the rule of thumb - don't make sudden changes. In case it worsened, some other options can always be tried out. You've already gone a long long way - just a little bit more. You're healing all the time, even if it doesn't feel like it.

2000-2008 Paxil for a situational depression

2008 - Paxil c/t

Severe protracted WD syndrome ever since; improving

“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once”

Albert Einstein

"Add signature to your profile. This way we can help you even better!"

Surviving Antidepressants ;)

And, above all, ... keep walking. Just keep walking.

More slow taper???? even though the anxiety seems better today?

Then again, that could have been ramped up by the Calming mag too

i guess. JUst wish i was in a better position with these weddings looming.

Still i guess, if i take tonights dose and the anxiety is insane again tomorrow i may

have a better idea of whats causing it i suppose.

Thankyou

hi Angie

i would stay at 1,5 and try to cope

and during the wedding take a xanax at demand if too difficult (but after trying to resist)

but not take regularly the xanax and know there is rebound and that it is only to pass a bad moment

and after this all, taper again,

for anxiety 

12 years paxil - cold turkey 1,5 month - switch celexa 1 year taper; total 13 years on brain meds 

in protracted withdrawal

Thankyou guys,

I will continue to take my small sliver of paxil again tonight,

I dont see the point in spending 3 long yrs coming down, to make a mistake

at this late stage of the game.

I guess by doing this, i will know for sure, wether this insane anxiety

jitters and shakes are from the magnesium issue or wether it is the paxil,

at least thats one consolation.

Just hope its all worth while in the end guys.

Stan;- Re the benzo,

I will have to speak to my doctor about that,. as up to now ive taken nothing

to help with anxiety etc, due to my past experience, but just maybe for one day

it would be ok, if i really really needed it.

Maybe just knowing i have it with me for sos would be enough to get me through.

• Administrator

Those were good posts, Angie. Your writing shows a lot of personality, you don't need the caps.

I wouldn't quit the paroxetine at 1.5mg, either. You already know what a big drop will do, and it isn't good.

The anxiety might have been caused by the mag, or it might have been a reaction to your most recent dosage decrease. The reaction might have taken some time to level out. It's hard to tell sometimes what's causing a symptom.

Is there any way you can make smaller drops? Can you get the liquid paroxetine? Can you have a compounding pharmacy make up liquid or tiny doses in capsules?

I would wait a week to recover from discontinuing the magnesium and then assess how you are. In the meantime, stay at your current dose of Paxil.

Personally, I would never go up to 5-10 mg after taking three years to get from 20 to 1.5. This is a tremendous achievement, very important. Not something to be sacrificed lightly.

Hopefully, the removal of the magnesium, the great understanding from your doctor, and the reassurance about seizures are going to make a big difference in how you feel. But I find it takes me longer to adjust to news -- good or bad -- my system has to absorb info in slow motion. So, give yourself a week with no changes to let these good things soak in.

1996-97 - Paxil x 9 months, tapered, suffered 8 months withdrawal but didn't know it was withdrawal, so...

Sep 03 - May 05 - Paxil taper took 20 months, severe physical, moderate psychological symptoms

Jul 05 to date - post-taper, severe psychological, moderate physical symptoms, improving very slowly

Angie,

I'm with Healing on this one.

Began Paxil 10/97*

Severe withdrawal

Lexapro free 8/2/05

Hi Guys,

Well i continued with last nights 1.5mg paxil, i hate that stuff.

Your right, it will be a lot of hard work and suffering to go back up in dose again,

not something i want to disrupt right now.

It could well be the mag that caused that intense insane form of anxiety,

as ive never experienced that before in the whole of my taper, and ive had

what i class as insane anxiety before, just not at that level.

I guess for now, i will have to settle for trying to get rid of the last little sliver.

No, there are no compound pharmacies here, and i do not react well to liquid,

so i just have to do the best i can filing, although its never 100% accurate,

no matter how hard i try, but its the best i have now.

Thanks for your help guys, really appreciate it, as im always having dilemmas of

one sort or another lately, ahh the joys of paxil wd eh.

Oooops, forgot to add, ive never ever had that nerve jangling thing ever

before trying the mag either, so you never know, maybe!!!!!!

Its the mag - hopefully, and soon it will be gone!!!!!!

• Administrator

Ang, are you walking at least .5 hour per day?

A little exercise helps your nervous system to recover and reduces anxiety. Plus, if you walk in a pretty or interesting place, it can give you something else to think about.

Try to do deep, regular breathing while you're walking, too. This also helps.

Hi Sur,

NO !!!!! maybe that is where im going wrong.

To be honest with you, this last week would have been basically impossible,

but if i go out, i normally drive, and it will be a walk around shops/stores.

I have limited my life for years now, according to how i have felt during wd,

Maybe that is a big part of the problem, not sure.

The anxiety at times, makes me fearful of going out, so it becomes an avoidance issue.

AHA now ive written that, i see, its sunk in,i need to go out and walk no matter what im feeling.

You know ive only just recently started or learned to breathe in the right way, daft isnt it,

to think all these yrs of anxiety and i never connected that with anxiety, flipping paxil lol,

sometimes we just dont take on board the good advice we get at the time.

Thanks Sur, i will put this into practise today, im off out for my walk, What!!! no car lol,

no chance, later all x thanks again

Now i also know why i have depressive mood and thought issues too,

ive become a paxil recluse, there are days and sometimes weeks i do not leave the house.

No more, that ends today!!!!!!

Well at 1.5mg, i am having some breaks from the intense anxiety nof last week,

but has anyone else here made the connection, that at lower doses this anxiety

feels a lot more like akathesia than anxiety.

For those who slow tapered - if there are any,

how do you or did you get past this?

And again for slow taperers, did this go away in time, or did anyone here use a benzo?

not a route i want to go down.

I think you covered it in your previous post, Angie. Moving your body may be the best way to get a little relief from the akathisia. And working on breathing well can help a bit, too.

Thankyou,

This isnt dangerous is it, it cannot do me any harm being in this state,

and is this normal at low dose.

Also have fast pulse rate since being on paxil.

Pain in left shoulder, and what feels like buzzing and tingling in my shoulder and top of arm.

Sorry for being a pain, pardon the pun.

Its the intense nervousness when my faily visit with the grandchildren that really freaks me,

i love to see them all, but i just wish i could sit down and talk with them, this crazy feeling

has me pottering to find something to do, that rarely needs doing if im honest, just to distract me

away from what im feeling, its a very weird sensation.

Thankyou,

This isnt dangerous is it, it cannot do me any harm being in this state,

and is this normal at low dose.

Also have fast pulse rate since being on paxil.

Pain in left shoulder, and what feels like buzzing and tingling in my shoulder and top of arm.

Sorry for being a pain, pardon the pun.

Its the intense nervousness when my faily visit with the grandchildren that really freaks me,

i love to see them all, but i just wish i could sit down and talk with them, this crazy feeling

has me pottering to find something to do, that rarely needs doing if im honest, just to distract me

away from what im feeling, its a very weird sensation.

Ha ha! I love puns -- only since w/d. Isn't that strange? I didn't like puns, nor could I make them up, until I had my psychedelic experience during early taper.

Yes, you are safe. These emotions and sensations cannot harm you. Just go slow, do your excellent breathing, try to walk into the anxiety, sort of accept it, embrace it.

Your body can handle all these strains. And they will eventually lift all by themselves.

Pottering is good. Keep pottering.

Grandchildren want to move around a lot. Maybe that's a good thing for you right now? Just put all of you in a safe place and then bounce around.

Healing,

Thankyou so much, i really appreciate it,

This whole thing seems to have got so much worse at the low dosages

and its really scared me.

The brain fog left, and other equally weird sensations filled there place.

Im trying my best to control the anxiety, hard as it is, im flitting around

like a dog with the mange, but hey whatever we have to do to get through eh.

This anxiety has probably been the very worst symptom since tapering,

little did i know at low doses it was likely to get a whole lot worse.

Thankyou for the reassurance, i will try my best to do what you advised.

Sur;- By the way i want to say thankyou for such an excellent site,

I posted this same question on pp 2 days ago, and got zero reply.

You guys " simply are the best"

Thankyou so much

oooops????

That was supposed to read that nameless site,

im so sorry, feel free to delete, slip of the tongue,

only just realised.

Angie, you said in the menopause thread you were having trouble posting here on your intro topic. I am testing it. Seems to work. Let staff know if you have the problem again. :)

Can anyone here tell me please???

When you get down to the very tiny doses of paxil,

ie, 1mg, did anyone feel worse??? in terms of generally

feeling unwell, anxiety peaks etc.

Sunday was a very bad day, the anxiety was at the lowest

its been in a while, but...... i traded symptoms,

i felt generally unwell, very teary, very low/depressed mood,

and just felt that all of this had gone on for far too long,

and i couldnt fight it anymore.

Im sure it wasnt suicidal thoughts, as i knew i didnt want to die,

i wanted to live and have my life back as it used to be once upon

a time pre paxil.

we were supposed to be going out to lunch with my girls,

but i couldnt make it, and they were very understanding,

and all came round in the afternoon with gifts for me,

it was MOthers Day here in the UK.

Anyway, i kow its against everything i know to be right, but i

skipped my tiny sliver of paxil last night, and although i havent slept

well the last few nights, felt a lot better today, no low mood,

no anxiety, no internal jittery/shakes, its been a lot better.

Im just wondering now, if paxil is the culprit,

is it the tiny dose of the drug thats been making me feel worse.

It so obviously isnt true depression, as that wouldnt clear up overnight.

Should i miss it again tonight??????

The other thing, i went for an ecg and bloods last thursday too,

I had a telephone call from the doctors surgery this morning,

I have to have a repeat ecg, as they were unable to read the last one,

maybe the machine?? or maybe my anxiety was just off the scale, not sure.

The other thing is my blood sugar is a little high, its 7.2, so im

booked to have a fasting blood glucose again on friday, and an ecg on wednesday,

alongside my appointment to see the doctor.

Anyone know if this is related to paxil also???

As this is something i have never had problems with before paxil use.

Anyway, i kow its against everything i know to be right, but i

skipped my tiny sliver of paxil last night, and although i havent slept

well the last few nights, felt a lot better today, no low mood,

no anxiety, no internal jittery/shakes, its been a lot better.

Im just wondering now, if paxil is the culprit,

is it the tiny dose of the drug thats been making me feel worse.

Angie... I think you answered your own question. You said, "its been a lot better". That would tell me everything I need to know. You're done... congratulations!

Charter Member 2011

Hi Angie,

Sorry you are going through all of this. I can't really speak to the tapering because I didn't taper in a slow manner. But, all the emotional stuff you are experiencing is definately related to Paxil w/d. I had an unusual ekg that turned out to be nothing during w/d (ended up having to have a stress test all negative)so try not to worry. I'm glad to hear your family is supporting you sorry you didn't get to go out on Mother's Day, but maybe your family would be willing to reschedule to a day when you are doing better...that's how we did it when I was going through w/d.

Began Paxil 10/97*

Severe withdrawal

Lexapro free 8/2/05

Hopeful,

What about Blood Sugar Levels being high??

Im worried, does paxil mess with our blood sugars in wd.

Just so scared that this could mean bloody diabetes on top

of everything else and meno, thats all i need!!!!

Angie,

Did you gain the Paxil weight? If so, if you haven't lost any yet that could be the problem...I didn't have sugar issues, but my cholesterol spiked in w/d...it has since gone down. Try not to worry until you have the test...I had to have that test with one of my pregnancies and it turned out to be nothing.

Began Paxil 10/97*

Severe withdrawal

Lexapro free 8/2/05

hi Angie007

for me:

have you to stay on 1 or 2 mg ? no,you will prolong your agony needlessly; wean every 2/3 weeks to be 0 mg

do we feel worse at the end ? often yes

will you suffer in coming months after off ? i think because i suffer and other too, when we are off, the withdrawal is not finished, often it begins

what can you suffer from ? anxiety, depression, pains, vertigo...

why ? because some of your receptors are fired since all these years

do these meds touch blood sugar, heart , vision ? i read testimonies, yes it can be, many hormones are wrong

when we stop the meds, many functions are messed and it needs time to recover even partially, i am a victim of this

for anxiety 

in protracted withdrawal