SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

DJones: Celexa kindling reaction

Djones1984

I will post a topic about this later. Alto with as bad as my cns has been messed with all the different drugs and changes, have you ever seen anyone get better quicker than a couple years or at least be able to somewhat stabilize. I know I may have asked this question before but just looking for some hope again.

April 2013 Doc put me back on 40mg of celexa for 2.5 weeks than switched to Paxil 3 weeks adverse reaction and kindling reaction
July 2013 5mg celexa and .5mg klonopin daily

5/15/16 started lamictal and currently at 25mg daily once a day.

1/1/17 crossed over from .5mg klonopin to 10mg Valium.

3/1/17 off celexa from getting down to around .25mg.

5/25/17 started tapering the Valium from 10mg to 9mg

6/25/17 dropped down to 8mg Valium 

currently on 8mg of Valium and 25mg of lamictal once a day in the morning never could handle more than 25mg of lamictal and never really felt anything from it.

7/2/17 updosed to 10mg Valium and holding split twice a day and holding.

3/1/18 dropped Valium from 10mg to 9.5mg

4/1/18 dropped Valium from 9.5 to 9mg still on 25mg lamictal.

Updosed 6/20/18 Valium 10mg and 25mg lamictal and holding.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Djones1984

• Altostrata

• Petunia

• SquirrellyGirl

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhi when you mix the celexa with water how long do you think it will keep in the fridge I have been only keeping it for a maximum of 36 hours? Also what kind of cantainer to you keep the mix in? I have just been using a small baby food container and stirring well before use. Alto do you think it would be wise to try the limictal at a low dose right now or hold of and try to stabilize some more on the celexa?

April 2013 Doc put me back on 40mg of celexa for 2.5 weeks than switched to Paxil 3 weeks adverse reaction and kindling reaction

currently on 8mg of Valium and 25mg of lamictal once a day in the morning never could handle more than 25mg of lamictal and never really felt anything from it.

Hey Alto, what you think about low dose of limictal wait and see if I stabilise more on the celexa or tell my neurologist when I see him beginning of September that I would like to try limictal now?

• Administrator

I don't know anything about taking Lamictal to resolve withdrawal symptoms while you're still taking other drugs.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Ok, just trying to figure out if it's a good idea to add a new med on right but in would start at a very low dose.

• Administrator

If you do it, let us know how it works for you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• Moderator Emeritus

Rhi when you mix the celexa with water how long do you think it will keep in the fridge I have been only keeping it for a maximum of 36 hours? Also what kind of cantainer to you keep the mix in? I have just been using a small baby food container and stirring well before use. Alto do you think it would be wise to try the limictal at a low dose right now or hold of and try to stabilize some more on the celexa?

I have little brown bottles from my job at a lab. I would think a baby food bottle would be fine. I keep mine for a max of four days because I make up four little bottles at a time.

As far as your stabilizing, given the insane chaos of med changes you went through in such a short time, I am not at all surprised that you're still not feeling 100%. But I think you will recover within a much shorter time frame than you are fearing. I don't think it's going to take you years. I think in three or four (max maybe six) months you'll be feeling much better.

And then if you want to start a slow taper, I think you'll find it quite manageable, as long as you keep it slow. You will probably still be extra sensitive to dosage changes, but you can manage that with a careful taper.

Definitely don't "eyeball" your reductions, that's not accurate enough and will make your dosages bounce around.

You can try Lamictal I guess, but really, at your age and with the history you describe, I think time will be an effective healer. 

The hard thing is to deal with the hopeless and desperate and anxious feelings today and while you're waiting to be better. I totally get that! Please try to remember that those thoughts are caused by withdrawal and don't accurately reflect actual reality. 

Hang in there! You're going to be fine.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

Thanks Rhi! I hope you are right! and yes it really does not surprise me either that I feel like total crap with all the changes and it's just so hard with the hopeless feelings, extreme anxiety and sensitivitys too think I will be alright sometimes. So if it was you would just hold at 5mg celexa and.. 5 klonopin and not change a thing for multiple months? Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.

• Moderator Emeritus

So if it was you would just hold at 5mg celexa and.. 5 klonopin and not change a thing for multiple months? Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.

Took the words right out of my mouth.  :-)

Yep, that's what I'd do.  And take good care of yourself--read through Symptoms and Self-Care if it helps, but mostly just common sense. Stay away from alcohol and caffeine for a while and keep the sugar and white flour down; eat regularly to keep your blood sugar stable, eat a good healthy diet; keep to as regular a schedule of eating, sleeping, and activity as possible.  Stuff like that. Just be a little extra careful with yourself for a while.

Oh, and gentle walking seems to be helpful, too.

Focus, if you can, on what you can do here and now to be good to your body and take care of yourself. That can help distract you from the anxious thoughts, which don't help the healing process particularly.

Good luck! I think you're going to be fine.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

Thanks! I have been trying to eat healthier but it's hard at times. I have been eliminating caffeine and I don't drink alcohol or Soda anymore. I have the occasional sweets which I can feel don't do me any good but hard to resist sometimes. I do smoke cigs but trying to keep to like 5 a day to make it through the day. I am going to try acupuncture in a few weeks, I have not been working much for 3 months because construction is very pyscally demanding and just don't have the strength right now which is killing me but I guess it is what it is right now because last week I worked on a latter for day and my legs crammped up an symptoms got worsh.

Alto, I have been taking trader joes omega 3 fish oil red bottle one tab a day but I am bumping it up. Do you take the fish oil three times a day? I am going to slowly go up to like 2000mg dha a day.

• Administrator

I would take 6 of those Trader Joe's fish oil capsules per day, 2 at each meal.

Yes, go up gradually.

See http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

Sounds good Alto, tried doing a little job today and by the time i loaded tools in the truck i was already exhausted. Damn this is depressing it is also 100 degrees outside. My body is just weak and my muscles burn.

• Administrator

Make sure you drink plenty of water. You might want to reduce light stimulation with dark shades and a hat. When you go home, keep lights dim and turn off after nightfall.

Around the time i was tapering the celexa I was smoking herb and taking klonopin sometimes and the herb was giving me panic attacks and anxiety but still continued to do it for some reason Becuase it gave me some sort of escape. Probably only made my nervous system even more sensitive? I am just worried that the klonopin is adding to my recovery time from withdrawal and my nervous system that is in shock from all the changes but I also know that it is helping me though the day, I don't know i am just rambling and my anxiety is going full bore. Just wish I could turn back the clock and did a much smarter slower taper at a differnt time in my life.

Hello - I am new to this forum too and am very grateful for the advice I got to slow way the heck down. I was having many of the symptoms you've experienced trying to taper off of Cymbalta. I finally reinstated my 10 mg dose and felt much much better by today compared to how bad the symptoms were getting. I thought I was going to lose my mind for a bit there. My new guage of how this taper is going to go for me, has to do with what I can tolerate. If I start slipping into intolerable territory, I will try something less drastic with the taper. Good luck. I hope this all works out for you. I am 47 after 30 years of psychiatry, so in my estimation, you have plenty of time to heal and rebuild. You are good to figure this all out sooner rather than later.

Finished slow taper on 4/6/14 from 20 mg to 6 beads over period of almost a year on Cymbalta and then quit cannabis around the time I DC'd Cymbalta.

Tried to go off completely 8/13 - 8/20 (didn't work) - Reinstated 10mg on 8/21/13

Off Adderall (2010 -2013) after 3.5 years since July 12th, 2013

Taking Tramadol 50 mg since 2007 for chronic pain

Lamictal 450 mg (from 2007 - 2009)

Lexapro (2004-2007 30 mg?)

Ambien (2009-2010)

Trazadone (2010-2011 for sleep)

2008-2010 -Trials of Wellbutrin, Paxil, Ritalin, Concerta, Effexor, Risperdal, Abilify, Seroquel, Trileptal

Earlier history includes - long courses of Tricyclics, Prozac, Wellbutrin, Paxil. Serzone, Celexa, Remeron, Zoloft for shorter periods.

Haldol, Lithium, Stelazine. Xanax, Clonipin, and Ativan have been used on and off, mostly Clonipin. Went through serious Xanax withdrawal a couple times in my life so far. Methadone (2003-2005 - psychiatrist/pain management doctor decided that was the first thing I ought to try for moderate chronic pain).  MS Contin 2005-2007 (aka Morphine)

Do you guys think that pushing myself to work construction right now is a bad idea? I have been mainly sitting for like 4 months now with the exception of walking like 5 days a week for around 40 minutes. I started doing light work the other day and my body hurts and nerves burn but I am not so sure if it's entirely from wd or the fact that I am out of shape from not working for so long. I do notice that my symptoms tend to flare up after working for a few days. I am at a loss because I need money to survive but can't barely function and pushing myself just might prolong my recovery. Anybody do physical work through this how did you survive?

Went to to our state fair the other day and drank some soda and was eating cookies and some fried foods (which I knew was a bad idea) ya will not do that again. I have been eating healthier these days with minimal sweets and sugar and between the stimulation from the fair and that food plus the fact that I have been doing physical Labor that I have not done for awhile sent me crawling the walls literally had to take extra klopin to calm down.

Not so sure about this whole work thing yet. My body is telling me it's not a good idea, came home from that fair today and could barely walk my legs hurt so bad, muscles and nerves. Need to work but I am probably just prolonging my recovery by over doing it in don't know? This really is no fun.

Anyone got any ideas for sore muscles that kind of burn? I think in will try Epsom salt bath.

• Moderator Emeritus

Anyone got any ideas for sore muscles that kind of burn? I think in will try Epsom salt bath.

That's a good idea, it might help, let us know how it goes.

Maybe try some stretching, yoga or massage.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Thanks petu I just got back from my pdoc this morning and he wanted to switch me to effexer well I pretty much know that's not going to solve anything docs are clueless and I feel all alone in this stuff. Why did I listen to other doc who started me back on my full dose in the first place and why did I even go off the meds and why am I the unlucky one who had a reaction to this stuff. I just feel hopeless and alone and mad

Boy this has been a bad week, I decided to work this week and it was a nightmare with anxiety, depression, dp and body aches and burning.

Rhi why do you think it is only going to take me like 6 months to feel better when a lot of people in this state are having symptoms for years? I am just feeling hopeless at the moment don't know what to do.

The suicidal ideation and agitation has gotten real bad in the last week just don't know how I can go on like this.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you've had a bad week, can you get some rest this weekend?

You might be going through a 'wave', its the way recovery seems to work, its called the windows and waves pattern, here is a link to  a thread about it:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/82-the-windows-and-waves-pattern-of-recovery/

Are you still taking 5mg celexa and .5 klonopin daily?  How long have you been on this amount?

Someone with more experience than me may have some suggestions.

I hope you feel better soon.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Thanks! Yes I am trying to get some rest but I always wake up early morning. I am still taking the 5mg of celexa and. 5 of the klonopin and have been for for a month and a half. The hopelessness, dp, anxiety, depression, body pain and fatigue and suicidal ideation is bad. Everyday is a real battle.

Hi D, It seems like you are in a bind with this physical work and withdrawal. Besides the mysterious chemistry of withdrawal, hard physical work stimulates cortisol production, which can even get to where you have abnormal energy production. I think that's why you have the extreme muscle soreness, and yes, Epsom salts can help. I think magnesium might help some too. And plenty of salt and water. There are people who have pushed through with this dilemma, and others who realized it was too much. That's your call. But if you keep working this hard, I think you have to make rest and caring for yourself your only other activity (noting that socializing with caring friends is part of taking care of yourself). Wishing you all the best!

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

Yes that is the dilemma at the current moment besides about 20 other dilemmas brought on by this withdrawal craziness. Actually trying to get on disability for awhile.

• Moderator Emeritus

Boy this has been a bad week, I decided to work this week and it was a nightmare with anxiety, depression, dp and body aches and burning.Rhi why do you think it is only going to take me like 6 months to feel better when a lot of people in this state are having symptoms for years? I am just feeling hopeless at the moment don't know what to do.

I think because of your age and the fact that you have reinstated, if you just hold and don't change anything, you'll feel much better in six months. Maybe not 100%, but much better and more functional. I've just been around this campfire for a while here and on other forums, seen hundreds of people go through the process, and in cases like yours most folks stabilize in about that time frame.

The constant obsessive anxiety is just another withdrawal symptom.

As far as the physical activity, I think if you could figure out a way to do lighter work and not quite as many hours, it would be okay. Heat is problematic and stressful, I'd try to avoid the hottest part of the day. Bright light can also be problematic. Short-term disability as you mention might be a reasonable way to go.

If you can coddle your nervous system for a while, plus generally take good care of your body, it will recover.

Another thing to look at is the klonopin--make sure you are taking exactly the same amount every day at the same time. You might do better splitting up the dose into two equal size amounts 12 hours apart. Benzos can get tricky once people are into withdrawal, and when the blood levels go up and down people can get worse symptoms.  I would be extremely regular with your meds for now, taking exactly the same amount at exactly the same times every day, as much as possible.

Thanks rhi! Ya i have only been taking the klonopin once a day at..5mg sometimes 1mg if anxiety gets to high. I think I will switch to. 25 morning and night? I also only have 1mg pills and have just been braking them in half probably not accurate enough? Can I dilute klonopin in in water like the celexa? or should i take .5mg morning and night becouse the doc wanted me at 1mg a day but i have only been taking .5? I feel that i need it becuse the anxiety is so high but that probabely wouldent be good.

As far as the physical work goes, your suggestion would be to do lighter work and less hours, I will try that but I got one more two week heavy lifting job coming up for the end of summer but I will try to get help. How about load noise from pounding and tools sometimes I wear ear plugs and sometimes I don't you think that would effect me?

Just trying to do the right things but it's so hard.

Rhi gives very good advice.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks rhi! Ya i have only been taking the klonopin once a day at..5mg sometimes 1mg if anxiety gets to high. I think I will switch to. 25 morning and night? I also only have 1mg pills and have just been braking them in half probably not accurate enough? Can I dilute klonopin in in water like the celexa? or should i take .5mg morning and night becouse the doc wanted me at 1mg a day but i have only been taking .5? I feel that i need it becuse the anxiety is so high but that probabely wouldent be good.As far as the physical work goes, your suggestion would be to do lighter work and less hours, I will try that but I got one more two week heavy lifting job coming up for the end of summer but I will try to get help. How about load noise from pounding and tools sometimes I wear ear plugs and sometimes I don't you think that would effect me?Just trying to do the right things but it's so hard.

I can't say what dose of K to take, but once you decide, split it into two and take them 12 hours apart.  When you are deciding what dose to take, keep in mind that you will need to taper off it eventually. Also, too much K or any other benzo can make a person a bit clumsy and stupid, so keep that in mind and balance the benefits against the disadvantages and just try to pick what seems like a good balance.

Yes, you can dissolve it in water like Celexa and measure with a syringe. I haven't tried it myself with K but it works with my Valium and Xanax. Just be sure to keep it really well stirred up--I stir it while I'm drawing it up, actually. 

Getting help with the hard work sounds good. Yes, loud  noise can be hard on your nervous system, same as extreme temperatures and bright lights; using earplugs sounds like a good idea. Also, just avoid that kind of intense sensory stimulation when you can. See if you can get the quieter, gentler jobs as much as possible for a while.

Since you're doing physical labor make sure you're eating enough and eating healthy stuff. Stay away from sugar, caffeine, white flour, alcohol, heavy fried foods, etc.

I think you're doing well. I know you're miserable, but you actually sound like you're in pretty good control and your logical brain seems to be on board, a good sign. Just keep doing your best day by day and be kind and gentle with yourself. You're going to come through this--not as fast as you'd like, but you will get there.

Thanks Rhi for your help and guidance! Young have really helped me and give me hope. Why is white flour bad? Is it all flour or just white? Do you or anyone else know about eye floaters in withdrawal? I have had them my whole life but they got way worse in this mess and they are driving me crazy I suppose it is just because I am hyper aware of everything.

God bless everyone on this site and I wish you all the best in your journey.

So I started to take the klonopin twice a day, started braking my. 5mg dose in half but just wasent enough and dident feel right ( I am a big guy 220 pounds) so I am now on.. 5mg twice a day. I dont know what to think I am so sensitive to dosage changes and stuff but figured it was a good idea to keep my blood levels consistent becouse my anxiety was so bad. I am still worried about the klonopin prolonging the healing of nervous system but i guess i dont have much choice now but to stay put. Still am curious about the low dose of limictal becouse I have heard about 10 success stories now from people on a low dose to stabilise.

I know I am still just looking for a fast fix still but there is none. I have been back on 5mg of the celexa coming up on 2 months now and just keep going back and forth of i am doing the right thing or if Iam not , etc. I am doing a little better I think but still in the depths of hell which is to be expected but keep getting the obsessive thoughts about meds, life and everything and now because of all this is will have a benzo addiction to deal with.

• Administrator

A little better is a good sign. Do not worry about benzo dependency right now. Do what you need to do to hang in there.

Thanks Alto, so as I said i was taking .5mg of Klonopin once a day sometimes twice a day. 4 days ago i started taking .25mg twice a day for one day but I felt like my anxiety ramped up so for the last 3 days I have taken .5mg twice a day but now I am tired feeling more tired and feel like some symptoms have gotten worse I really dont know but maybe changing my dose and time was a bad idea I dont know or maybe its just my obsessive thoughts. Now i am just worried that this change and the klonopin itself will not allow my nervous system to heal?

I dont know what to do just keep taking .5mg twice a day like I have been for 3 days or go back to to .25mg. This just sucks...

I probably just shouldent have messed with it and updosed to 1mg a day.

• Administrator