Sign in to follow this  
Roads

Master your Shadow. Master Yourself.

Roads

Our Shadow is what we do not want to see in ourselves: our violence, our pain, our meaness, etc.Do not be afraid of your Shadow. Master it, for it is necessary to be.Shadow is. You are partly your Shadow. You cannot prevent it from being, it is impossible. You can only letting it be, in awareness or unawareness, you can only use it for your benefit, or suffer from it and make suffer from it. It is a very powerful energy that demands expression. To make its expression useful, to you and the other, which is the same thing because there is no real separation, you have to become aware of it to steer it. You cannot master its existence, you can only master its direction. If you negate it, it will take place in an uncontrolled and harmful way, against yourself and the other, which is the same thing, because separation is an illusion.  You will tackle something, the other, yourself, that is to say something that does not need it. This is why there is a lot of unaware and subtle agressiveness in lots of people. Maybe you do not realise it because you maybe unfortunately think that it is normal. This is why there is even hateful people.The one who masters one's shadow does not tackle anything agaisnt one's will, in unawareness, simply because one does not need it. This is what is the difference between the slave and the master. The slave acts by need and in unawareness, because he is ill-being, by every meaning of the term. The master acts by and in well-being.Many people are in conflict with the other and with life, Many people are in separation, because they are in conflict with themselves. They are separate from themselves. The master has no enemy. One cannot, since one is not separate. Well-being and well-doing, in other words, mastery, lies in completeness of being. In totality, not in separation. This is the key, this is the secret, this is what all is about: "To be, or not to be, that is the question".So, Be. 

Petunia

This withdrawal experience has definitely been bringing up/out my shadow material for me to deal with.  Just this morning I was re-experiencing fears from when I was 4 years old, something I had forgotten, but which must have been stored in my body/mind somewhere.

I've also been letting myself experience some extremes of anger, which I usually don't allow.  At first it was really scary because this emotion is connected to people I love and care about, but experiencing something doesn't mean acting on it, and I have been able to allow it and let it go.  Sometimes this starts out in dreams or nightmares, then I wake up and try and continue processing the feelings while I'm awake.

There is nothing pleasant or easy about working with shadow though.  I'm trying to see this as something I didn't ask for, but an opportunity I've been given, so I'm trying to make something positive out of it.

Roads

You did not understand. Be your shadow. ENJOY it. Do not be afraid of doing bad. You cannot, since you cannot enjoy from harming the other. To enjoy, you have to let it be, be proud of it, and let it express itself for your advantage and pleasure. Harming the other does not give advantage nor pleasure. It seems to, but in fact it diminishes yourself. Proof of it is that harmful people are unhappy. So let it be. Be and enjoy.

Petunia

Maybe we are talking about different things.  What I've been experiencing has been related to traumatic experiences.

Roads

Yes, Shadow often stems from traumas. Hatred, anger, pain, sadness, violence etc do not come out of the blue. Why getting rid of it? If you use it properly, if you are it, then it is so great. Why limiting your enjoyment? Why limiting what you can be? Enjoyment is not pleasure. This is what most people are misled into. Enjoyment is what is called Nirvana, being able to be whatever is, without tension, without resistance, Paradise or Hell, Bliss or Torment, with the same pleasure of just being. This is God: " I am the one who is". (I do not know if it is the proper translation in english, I do not know your bible)It is all about enjoying oneself. I am sorry if it is not what you experienced. I wish you felt good.  

Ellen042

Deifying one's self is narcissistic, delusional, even psychotic. Enjoying evil (meanness, hatred, violence) is sociopathic.

Ellen042

I re-read your posts, and I apologize for thinking you were calling yourself God. My blooper. I do still believe that enjoying evil is sociopathic though. I would also call it evil, but you don't seem to care. Lack of remorse over evil is also sociopathic.

Roads

I thank you for doing justice to my posts. I never called myself God. 

I never encouraged evil as a deed, I advocated the enjoyment of it as acceptance of what is, not what to do, and an expression of Self there is no reason to repress if it does not harm anybody.

powerback
On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2013 at 0:58 PM, Roads said:

Our Shadow is what we do not want to see in ourselves: our violence, our pain, our meaness, etc. Do not be afraid of your Shadow. Master it, for it is necessary to be. Shadow is. You are partly your Shadow. You cannot prevent it from being, it is impossible. You can only letting it be, in awareness or unawareness, you can only use it for your benefit, or suffer from it and make suffer from it. It is a very powerful energy that demands expression. To make its expression useful, to you and the other, which is the same thing because there is no real separation, you have to become aware of it to steer it. You cannot master its existence, you can only master its direction. If you negate it, it will take place in an uncontrolled and harmful way, against yourself and the other, which is the same thing, because separation is an illusion.  You will tackle something, the other, yourself, that is to say something that does not need it. This is why there is a lot of unaware and subtle agressiveness in lots of people. Maybe you do not realise it because you maybe unfortunately think that it is normal. This is why there is even hateful people. The one who masters one's shadow does not tackle anything agaisnt one's will, in unawareness, simply because one does not need it. This is what is the difference between the slave and the master. The slave acts by need and in unawareness, because he is ill-being, by every meaning of the term. The master acts by and in well-being. Many people are in conflict with the other and with life, Many people are in separation, because they are in conflict with themselves. They are separate from themselves. The master has no enemy. One cannot, since one is not separate. Well-being and well-doing, in other words, mastery, lies in completeness of being. In totality, not in separation. This is the key, this is the secret, this is what all is about: "To be, or not to be, that is the question". So, Be.  

I find this to be very interesting ,carl young has done work on the shadow[probably written a book ,not sure ] ,I was listening to Allen watts recently ,he was talking about carl young ,he said that carl could be totally at one with himself without judgement .we can take a lot of wisdom from this .I must do more reading on it myself