Shanti

Cannabis, marijuana, THC, or CBD to ease withdrawal symptoms

mammaP

I found this, and at the doses I would be taking it is most unlikely to show.  

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/does-using-cbd-hemp-oil-result-in-a-positive-drug-test-for-thc-or

Please continue to share what you know here Jerome, it is very helpful to have someone who KNOWS and is not just opinion. Of course we welcome opinions too but FACTS are important.  :)

Pzen

Day 3: Really achy nerve pain this morning. Probably due to the training I did yesterday. I added a drop yesterday, so now I take one drop in the morning and one drop before bed. My theory is that the drop before bed might help with lowering my morning cortisol spikes.

Pzen

Day 4: nerve pain has subsided. Really tired today and a little bit of brain fog

Pzen

Day 5: woke up with a lot of stress in my body and feeling very irritated today. Dont know if its because of a sexual experiance friday/saturday, eating carrot cake yesterday or the cbd. But its not a new feeling, I guess we all feel it once in a while.

Pzen

Day 6: Another day of waking up with that horrible buzz in your body and a lot of feelings of stress. Irritability of course follows. But it settled a little bit sooner today than yesterday. Dont know if its because of the CBD, probaby not.

Took one drop in the morning and will take one more drop tonight

JanCarol

Topics merged:  from Pzen: my CBD Oil Experiment.

Pzen

Day 7: forgot to take CBD yesterday and feel very tired today. Didnt sleep well at all. Gonna take a drop now instead. I might reduce it to one drop per day to see if Im less stimulated by it.

Pzen

Day 8 & 9: lowered my dose to one drop per day. The worst feeling right now is that I really feel stupid and easily forget stuff. A little bit of a burning sensation on my skin when I woke up today (day 9), but less than usual. Lower anxiety levels though.

Pzen

Day 10: The stupid feeling is gone :) Woke up with stress in my body, but it subsided after a while of taking my drop today. Not a bad day at all, just a little nerve feelings. But got really tired in the afternoon.

Pzen

Day 11 &12 : Another day with that weird feeling of stress in your body that you cant seem to shake off. And anxiety follows it of course. And a lot of irritability, especially day 11. No improvements yet.

Pzen

Day 13: Not so much stress in the body as the days before. It has instead been changed to a dampened mood. Feels kind of sad because it is a beautiful day where I live.

Pzen

Day 14: After yesterdays anxiety and this mornings little bout of another one, the rest of the day has been rather calm. Havent felt anything regarding my withdrawal symptoms today except for a weird sense of calm and a little fogginess.

Pzen

Day 15: Still no bodily symptoms, but have felt like crying all day today, Not much ruminating or anxiety yet

Pzen

Day 16: A little burning skin this morning, but it quickly subsides. Still no pain at all, the only thing I feel is a bit of a spacey feeling in my head. No anxiety, no rumination.

This is getting interesting...

Pzen

Sidenote for day 16: I have been training boxing for a couple of months, and every time were done I'm always totally spent. Even a little bit lethargic after. But this time I still had energy to spare when we were done. The change is really palpable. Usually I get lots of pain in my body the day after and feel really tired, so it will be interesting to see what I feel like tomorrow.

Pzen

Day 17: Dont have the same amount of spaceyness in my head today. This is good and I hope it lessens during the coming days.

And some really good news: I trained really hard yesterday which ALWAYS lead to triggering of my symptoms the next day. And today... I am a bit sore in my back area, but not at all as much as I usually get. I could actually feel my body wanting to give me all the symptoms it usually gives me after training, but it just couldnt muster up the energy to do so.

And still no anxiety or rumination today... and tonight I will try if my sexual dysfunction that I have had for a couple of months is getting better or not. Here's hoping...

https://www.solcbd.com/blogs/news/cbd-for-depression-better-than-antidepressants

Pzen

Day 18: Sexual dysfunction is practically gone. Yay.

One thing I noticed is that the CBD doesnt completely remove the feeling of stress if the thing that stresses you is a big stressor. Case in point: I live in Stockholm where there was a terrorist attack yesterday. And I really felt the stress in my body, but it was not uncontrollable.

Here is a link to a lot of studies that have been done on this.

https://www.projectcbd.org/conditions

Pzen

Day 19:

Yesterday I felt that I'm not as emotionally blunted on CBD as I was on SSRIs. I got really upset with a friend yesterday, and even though my energy was sapped from it, I can, in hindsight, see that my reaction was a good thing compared to my reaction when I was on Sertraline.

So after it happened my plan was to go to a party at a friends house, and tbh, I wasnt really up for it. But I went anyway.

I drank moderatly (I havent really gotten drunk in long while because of the usual horrors after drinking), but today I actually feel fine. A little hung over, but no pains and no anxiety.

Altostrata

Good to hear your experiment is going well, Pzen.

I would be careful not to overdo it. Be moderate with your CBD dosing. If I were you, I would not take chances with alcohol.

Your system still needs to find equilibrium, it still needs to cope with the chemicals that are in CBD. Go easy on it. Even if you are feeling better, don't beat your nervous system up like you might have when you were younger.

Pzen

Trust me Alto, if you knew me you would know that I never take things to the extreme (anymore ;)). I only take one drop of CBD each day, which is about 10 mg.

Please read about the studies regarding CBD and how it treats Fibromalgia and Neuro Pain.

https://www.projectcbd.org/condition/22/Fibromyalgia

https://www.projectcbd.org/condition/37/Neuropathic-Pain

Sure, lots of studies use THC and CBD mixed, but my theory is that it is actually the CBD that helps calm you down. I myself dont work very well with THC, it gives me horrible anxiety.

Pzen

Late entry for Day 20: So day 19 I was very tired, so I decided to have a cup of coffee like a normal person for once. This led to a flare up of the symtoms day 20. But I would like to stress that it wasnt nearly like the ones I used to have before taking CBD. But its a good reminder that the bad things we all know arent good for us (coffee and sugar, maybe nicotine) should not be used.

Pzen

Late entry for Day 21: So yesterday was a pretty good day without many symptoms per usual. But one thing I was worried about when using CBD was the fact that my usual sensistive (post SSRI) self was gone, and I was thinking about where my feelings went (kinda like when on SSRI). But yesterday I cried and I was so relieved when I did it.

Pzen

Day 22: really terrible morning with a lot of symptoms today. Went climbing yesterday and usually i get a flare up after it. Took a drop and after a while the symptoms subsides and I am fine again. The thing I like with the CBD effect is that my anxiety didnt go through the roof because of the symptoms (like it usually does). I feel more resilient.

Pzen

Day 23: So yesterday I had a theory about taking a second drop before going to bed to see if the morning symptoms go away. And lo and behold, they do. Not much to report today, bit sluggish in the head, but had episodes like that even before the CBD.

Pzen

Late entry for day 25: Still not much to say about symptoms, everything is going quite smoothly. I actually think that the additional drop before bedtime helps with the symptoms in the morning.

Pzen

Day 26: Ate a lot of candy yesterday (stupid Easter) and was worried about symptoms reemerging today. But luckily I didnt feel much (except for a kind of a sugar hangover). So the experiment is still going good.

Pzen

Day 28: I actually felt a little bit of tingling in my body yesterday evening, but managed to go to sleep anyway.

And today I havent felt anything unusual, instead I have a feeling of calmness.

Pzen

Day 29: Ok, so Ive been feeling like Im gonna break out in a cold anytime. Bit of a sore throat and a little bit of a runny nose. And my body aches. So this is the most achy Ive felt in quite a while and its probably because of one in two reasons: I trained pretty hard yesterday or its because of the cold Im feeling thats creeping in. But probably its both. Still though, the anxiety just isnt there like it used to be. I feel like Im more accepting of the achy body I have today and that makes a HUGE difference.

MelodySings

I know of someone who has had akathisia, dystonia and other symptoms for over two years and has recently started using cannabis and has total relief - everything stops and he can have a few hours of normality with his family. He was beyond desperate. Once it wears off everything comes back but at least he can have times of relief which must be heaven compared to it being 24/7 for so long.

I am not advocating cannabis here at all and I personally would never touch it as our symptoms are different. It's a gamble for some as I know a few people it backfired on.

Hi

Just like to add my experiences. Since total withdrawal from citalopram and Wellbutrin 7 months ago I cannot touch marajuana at all. I'm suffering horrible respiratory depression constantly and MJ only made symptoms much much worse. I had been given cannabis oil and I took a rice sized amount and fell into seratonin syndrome, horrific. Never again.

Do be careful with experimenting with cannabis, it may do more harm than good although I know not everyone is the same

Pzen

Day 30: Ok, this has been the worst day in quite a while. Burning sensation all day long and feeling those little irritating buzzes under my skin. Bad anxiety in the morning, but it went away after using CBD again. Now.. what has caused this? I really dont know, but I have been sexually active the last two days and, like I said before, I might have overtrained on Tuesday. But Im sure as hell not giving up on the CBD, because quite frankly, getting a reaction after 30 days of using it is quite a stretch. Lets see how I feel tomorrow after two full days of rest.

Oh, and heres another link regarding CBD and nerve regeneration: http://www.neuropathie.nu/research-development/cannabinoids-and-nerve-regeneration-or-neuroge.html

Freedomiscoming

Wish there were some good results of people using CBD for withdrawing from medication.  I have been miserable for 9 mo. now.  Just started using some CBD.  I could tell an immediate lift in mood, and has relieved some of my physical symptoms, but I'm scared to death it will turn on me.....  

Freedomiscoming

Anyone have good experiences with using CBD oil to alleviate withdrawals?  

Pzen

Day 32: So yesterday was pretty bad. But the only symptom I had was irritations. But it lasted most of the day and subsided when I got closer to the evening.

And Im not gonna lie, I actually am in real pain today, my whole body aches alot. Still good in the head though, which helps me deal with it all. But I am considering skipping my dose of CBD this evening to see if it helps.

Pzen

Day 32: So yesterday was pretty bad. But the only symptom I had was irritations. But it lasted most of the day and subsided when I got closer to the evening.

And Im not gonna lie, I actually am in real pain today, my whole body aches alot. Still good in the head though, which helps me deal with it all. But I am considering skipping my dose of CBD this evening to see if it helps.

Pzen

Day 34: Yesterday was not bad, just felt a little stupid in the head. I skipped a dose and have now gone down to one drop per day. But today is not good at all. Hard to write, hard to concentrate and have pins and needles in my body. Anxiety still good though, but Im beginning to think that it might not be worth it if I cant function at all. I might even go down to a drop every other day.

Pzen

Day 35: So I think the dose change helped a little. I have a achy body today and still have that dense feeling in the head. But much better than yesterday and still no anxiety.