squirrel

Fear, terror, panic, and anxiety

DMV64

Hopeful here that not feeding the anxiety will help lessen it. Acceptance. It's pretty bad though and definitely comes in waves. I breathe through them. I try to connect deeply inside myelf, to know that I am whole. That all things change and pass. And that I can do this a day at a time. With all of your stories and support <3

bheb

Does anyone else have constant dysphoria/terror that doesn't let up? Not like a panic attack with start and beginning. Constant unease. 

DMV64
10 minutes ago, bheb said:

Does anyone else have constant dysphoria/terror that doesn't let up? Not like a panic attack with start and beginning. Constant unease. 

Oh my gosh! Yes, I had this until I held and stablized. It is a feeling beyond panic. Terror is right. I had to keep telling myself: What is the fear? Is it real? Someone here actually wrote about it and it helped me so much. My brain fog is not helping me remember who!

bheb
On 9/24/2017 at 5:41 PM, DMV64 said:

. It is a feeling beyond panic. Terror is right

Do you ever get terror attacks though? The terror is pretty much constant but sometimes it will really rev up for brief time, so when that happens for me I think it's a combination with panic. But the constant terror/dysphoria is definitely distinct.

Hope you've been getting some relief

DMV64
5 hours ago, bheb said:

Do you ever get terror attacks though? The terror is pretty much constant but sometimes it will really rev up for brief time, so when that happens for me I think it's a combination with panic. But the constant terror/dysphoria is definitely distinct.

Hope you've been getting some relief

Thank you. Yes, I have been feeling a lot better just holding. ❤️

Drugrage

Here we go again. 2 Days ago (thursday) did i get what i classify as a panic attack, Everything feelt unreal and i feelt like i had collapsed but i still functioned, actually i could use a bike and take myself home, at the same time was i totally blacked out. Strange

ANd i have feelt this numbness in the body, mostly feets and arms which is just strange. 

Have been on 25mg i am at 1.8mg now and have tappered off over 2 years now. 

Is it SSRI? I just feelt something strange, it was like the screen on my computer moved from side to side and i feelt pressure over my ears.

I just have one thing to say overall about SSRI withdrawal, it is really intricate and you Always get the most wierd symptoms when you least expect it

Drugrage

I will give you some advices.

Tje thing i see very often is that people get obsessed with having withdrawls. They just ascbribe everything to the withdrawls

Never a good idea.

The best solution is to face every symptoms you get as a real one and accept it.

Like getting panicattacks they are never nice to have but instead of waiting and waaiting and waaaitng on some magic change where they withdrawls end is it better to use the techniqous* out there against the panic attack.

Just read a thread where the author had problems and she was totally stuck with everything being withdrawls but after 4 years did she realized that everything is not so easy as to just ascribe it to the withdrawal.

Altostrata

Yes, we recommend the same techniques to manage withdrawal symptoms that you might use to manage ordinary anxiety.

However, the neurological uproar of withdrawal can exaggerate ordinary feelings of anxiety and generate surges that feel like panic attacks all on its own.

See

Neuro-emotions

Dealing With Emotional Spirals