hopejjj: Cymbalta and abilify withdrawal from hopejjj

Hopejjj

Hi I have a question. I'm still experiencing bad withdrawal symptoms and I'm supposed to start a college course in a couple weeks that requires two immunizations. I'm deathly afraid of getting vaccines in my state of neurological instability with the evidence pointing to immunizations causing neurological problems in some people due to the mercury in the preservatives I believe. My state does not allow personal opposition to vaccines as a legal exemption. They do allow medical exemptions but I don't know any dr who would risk signing off on that. I live in ny. Can anyone suggest anything? My religion does not have opposing position to vaccinations. I'm scared that being vaccinated will irreparably harm me in my weakened state. Any opinions or suggestions? Ty and I hope u all r advancing in ur recoveries.

12 years of antidepressants and benzodiazepines including Prozac, Paxil, Effexor, lexapro, lamictal, Wellbutrin, Ativan, Xanax, klonopin, cymbalta and abilify. Most recently was on 60 mg of cymbalta, 10 mg of abilify and 1 mg of klonopin 3 times a day as needed. I also take fioricet for migraines and synthroid for hypothyroid. I quit the cymbalta and abilify cold turkey 8 weeks ago which has caused severe physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms. I want to quit klonopin and fioricet also but have been too scared to make myself more sick.

• Administrator

I've never had a problem with vaccinations (except an itchy bump for a few days). I suggest you get the shots one at a time, maybe a week apart, so as not to overload your system.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I need help. I'm still so sick and I don't know what to do. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm still on 20 mg of cymbalta and the nausea just claws away at me day in and day out. I can't find a dr to help me that doesn't cost thousands of dollars which I don't have. Can anyone suggest anything? Should I go up on my dose? Should I go back on abilify which I quit cold turkey? Idk if that has anything to do w it. I don't know how much more I can take. I work full time and have two kids and I'm supposed to start a college class in 3 days. ????

12 years of antidepressants and benzodiazepines including Prozac, Paxil, Effexor, lexapro, lamictal, Wellbutrin, Ativan, Xanax, klonopin, cymbalta and abilify. Most recently was on 60 mg of cymbalta, 10 mg of abilify and 1 mg of klonopin 3 times a day as needed. I also take fioricet for migraines and synthroid for hypothyroid. I quit the cymbalta and abilify cold turkey 8 weeks ago which has caused severe physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms. I want to quit klonopin and fioricet also but have been too scared to make myself more sick.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi hopejjj, I'm sorry you're feeling bad. If it were me I might try 2mg of Abilify to see if it might help. If after four or five days, it has helped but not enough you could increase a little. If it seems to make you feel worse then don't continue it.

I hope you feel better soon!

• Administrator

Did you go up from 15mg? Was the increase helpful or not?

You might phone Dr. Peter Breggin in Ithaca and see if he can recommend anyone.

I hesitate to suggest this -- it may not work -- you might be a candidate for the Prozac switch http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1463-the-prozac-switch-or-bridging-with-prozac/

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Ty tezza I'll c abt trying that. Alto, I went up to 20 mg but it hasn't helped I've been increasingly sick and the last two days I feel so sick I want to run to the hospital but I know they won't help. I tried the Prozac switch but only for a few days so Idk if I should try again? I have a 10 mg Prozac script. I'm so nauseous and have had a constant migraine for 2 days.

I'll try calling that dr in Ithaca

Alto,

I read the info abt the Prozac switch but I'm confused whether to continue the cymbalta while taking the Prozac and then tapering the cymbalta or to discontinue the cymbalta and just taking the Prozac.

• Administrator

The Prozac switching topic states clearly not to do this without the help of a doctor. I am hesitant to guide you in this because it doesn't always work. You might already have hurt yourself by going on and off Prozac.

Instructions for overlapping drugs, which is the safest way to make the switch, are included in the topic.

Ok Ty alto. I know I'm messing this all up ????

I have a question abt anti nausea meds like compazine. I know it is an antipsychotic and is pbly a no no but just wondering what u all felt abt it because I'm trying to function at work and school and it's almost impossible feeling this way. Still trying to find a dr. No one will call me back. Leaving messages everywhere. Ty

• Moderator Emeritus

I find that ginger tea helps ease nausea, here is a short thread discussing some natural methods of treating nausea:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/5569-nausea/?hl=nausea

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Ty petu