kesh

Aria. I don't know if you are still reading this, but I searched the recovery forum with the word "akathisia" as I have it bad right now.

The big unknown is will the aka increase if I reduce the antidepressants (withdrawal akathisia) or get better (drug induced akathisia). Or possibly both as I'm so sensitised.

Anyway, that people get better from akathisia gives me hope when I'm in a wave.

All the best.

aberdeen
On 1/4/2018 at 6:32 AM, kesh said:

Aria. I don't know if you are still reading this, but I searched the recovery forum with the word "akathisia" as I have it bad right now.

The big unknown is will the aka increase if I reduce the antidepressants (withdrawal akathisia) or get better (drug induced akathisia). Or possibly both as I'm so sensitised.

Anyway, that people get better from akathisia gives me hope when I'm in a wave.

All the best.

Hi there! I dont post much anymore but I do lurk now and then and saw your post. I just wanted you to know that I recovered from akathesia, 100% gone. It was at the beginning stages of wd for me (hopefully my signature tells most of my story). I was fresh from a 2 month "taper" from a high dose of effexor, and newly on another med (at the time I didnt know what was going on otherwise I wouldnt have taken a different med, I would have instead updosed and resumed a proper taper ) anyway my akathesia would start around 3 or 4am. It was terrible. Mainly in my torso, shoulders and legs, a constant compulsion to squirm and rock and kick out/run fast. It would gradually improve by mid day. I would pace (fast), or stretch, even rocking back and forth helped a little. It was awful, I know. It makes you feel like screaming. I had this for a few weeks, maybe a couple of months, and it seemed worse when I was rapidly tapering or the first weeks of a new med. Once I stopped making drastic changes, it did go away. I eventually stabilized somewhat and began a slow taper that took a few years and during that time I didnt have akathesia. I havent had it in the 18 months that Ive been med free either, so please have hope! :)

kesh

Great to hear. Stories like yours help when I' m bad like today.