Zoe

Let's pray for one another

gigi63   
gigi63

SJ, I do lift us up.  I do agree with scripture.  We are instructed to cast our cares upon our Lord, cares for the body, soul and spirit. For it is our Great Shepherds primary duty to careth for us. So in this I stand with you completely and wholeheartedly, Lord Jesus help us to bring our every concern for our complete wellbeing to your throne and help us to see that it is indeed your role as our Great Shepherd to provide for us your sheep in every way. But SJ, I must go one step further.  Withdrawal is real right, we are experiencing it every day in some way, often physical and often psychological.  Often is an understatement, relentless is a better word for me.  To deal with the reality of withdrawal and recovery, I believe we must be very pragmatic.  Emotion is amplified exponentially.  It is not accurate in my opinion, to believe we can just stop feeling these exaggerated fears and other emotions. They are as real in their experience as today is August 1, 2017.  So what I am saying is, yes, we must bring our Lord our cares but we must also allow GRACE to BE.   BE with all of the process, BE with the exaggerated fear and angst, invite the Lord to BE IN the midst of our suffering and pain. Just Be, BE, BE!!!!  His stores of provisions and divine providence will supply our every need and more but you know what,  I believe He, Jesus Christ gets Withdrawal and the sheer agony of what we are experiencing and I believe He also is whispering in each of our storms, come to me you who are weary, it is I who will give you rest. I also believe He calls us to the practice of acceptance, of all that is our storm and simply says, Fear not O little one, I love you with an everlasting love and I am right here with you and will never let you go.  Feel it all, be with it all, it cannot hurt you, I AM here. 

ShakeyJerr   
ShakeyJerr

I did not mean my post to sound like I was minimizing or ignoring our particular plight of withdrawal recovery. Sorry if it sounds like it implied that.

SJ

gigi63   
gigi63

SJ no offense is taken. We just have to remember how loving  He is toward us and He knows we are suffering immensely in withdrawal and recovery. As Andrew Murray said, when we suffer, our divine calling above all else is to stay near our Savior. He is so tender to us, so near, so protecting.  I am praying for us always.  

gigi63   
gigi63

This morning I come to just try and bring us some truth and encouragement.  Often, when I find myself in yet another wave , my first instinct is to be on edge, " oh no, here we go again."  I feel the disappointment as month after month this cycle continues on.  I always find myself asking in my heart, how long Lord, how long must this continue?  Knowing full well it will continue on as long as my body needs it to.  But knowing this truth doesn't always make the experience of it any easier.  I too long to be healed, now, to be over this difficult journey. It is now that I must remind myself of truth. Both spiritual truth and pragmatic truth. Spiritual truth that , I know that for those who love God, ALL things work together for good. Romans 8:28.  "Truth says that God sits in the center of the vessel when it rocks the most.  Truth says that God is wise and knowing this I can be confident that there can be no accidents, no mistakes, and that nothing can occur that not ought to happen. " Spurgeon.  Lord Jesus, please help us as we continue to walk this very difficult journey, to remember these truths and please Holy Spirit, take them from the head, directly to our hearts.  Pragmatic truth tells me the healing of my CNS takes time and this time is variable for each of us and though I do not know the when, my Lord does have the perfect timing in His knowing.  I am not to set a timeline.  Oh how I long to, but instead I am instructed to glory in my weaknesses and draw strength from the perpetual fountain of His all sufficient GRACE. Pragmatic truth again tells me this day, ACCEPTANCE.  Let me be totally honest.  This process is difficult and the experience of the symptoms SUCK!!!!! I feel quite confident we all think this even knowing they bring us healing adjustments.  But pragmatic truth tells me that I must allow all of the symptoms again this day. Be with the pain, be with the very uncomfortable physical and emotional symptoms, be with it all and feel it deeply.  Feel it all. Allow myself to go into the darkness of this WD journey and all it brings me. To go deep into the storm and find my light there, Jesus Christ, THE light. Stop fighting against the discomfort. Know that the projected outcome will be healing. Eventual freedom. This too shall one day pass. Lord Jesus, help us to allow the process to unfold and to transform us into the clearer image of yourself. Help us Lord to walk moment by moment this day, no matter what we are experiencing, in a manner that will bring glory to you and ultimate healing to us. Healing of yes body, but also soul and spirit. Help us to be observers of our healing in the details our bodies manifest. Lord please do not leave one stone unturned in our healing. Please be our ALL, in all, In Christ Jesus name I ask.  Amen.  

Abovethestorm   
Abovethestorm

Wow, just wow!!  Triplem15, it is impossible for me to add anything to your prayers. I will be reading this post daily. Over and over.

To me what you have written can somewhat be summed up in the old hymn: "Have Thine Own Way"

Have thine on way Lord! Have thine on way.

Thou art the potter, I am the clay.

Mold me and make me after thy will,

While I am waiting, yielded and still.

Search me and try me, Master today!

Whiter than snow Lord, wash me just now,

As in thy presence humbly I bow.

Wounded and weary, help me I pray.

Power, all power surely is thine!

Touch me and heal me, Savior divine!

Hold o're my being absolute sway.

Fill with thy Spirit till all shall see

Christ only, always, living in me!

Christ only, always, living in me!

My God bless and keep you all!

gigi63   
gigi63

Rick, this is beautiful and so needed.  Thank you.  

Pearlsky   
Pearlsky

When I was still taking antidepressants and antipsychotics, I started becoming fascinated with the occult. I dove deep into subjects I shouldn't have because I'd lost my sense of reasoning.  I'd heard from my doctors that it was from the drugs. 8 months drug-free, and what I did then is still coming back to haunt me.  They often come in the form of the worst imaginable nightmares and become my reality. It is the worst possible imaginable terrifying feeling to feel this way most days. I live in immense fear and guilt because I am not yet saved. Along with my horrendous symptoms, there is nothing that can compare to this. Lord please listen to what I have to say and give me the strength to persevere. In Jesus' precious name Amen.

ShakeyJerr   
ShakeyJerr

All of these prayers have been a comfort to me as my window closes and a new wave comes at me. Thanks everybody!

SJ

gigi63   
gigi63
On 7/10/2017 at 9:20 PM, triplem15 said:

Jesus- it is all by Jesus. Trouble does not necessarily bring consolation with it to the believer,  but the presence of the Son of God with us in the fiery furnace with us, fills our hearts with Joy.   In Christ Jesus our Lord, may it be done in each of us this day and every moment, Amen. 

SJ,  I have been praying for us all and continue to lift us all up. Cling to Our Lord.  He has us firmly in the grip of His Grace. " Lord Jesus, YOU are my strength and my shield. My heart trusts in you, and you help me" psalm 28:7.  TripleM.  

gigi63   
gigi63

Commentary on psalm 28:7. Gill, " The Lord is my strength. This is the author of both natural and physical strength. He gives us strength of body and fortitude of mind to bear us up under ALL The exercises we are tried with. The strength of our lives both spiritual and temporal, and of our salvation. The strength of our hearts under present distresses.

gigi63   
gigi63

So , now I would like to finish commentary on psalm 28:7.  Gill, " AND MY SHIELD, To protect and defend us, as ARE the love , power and faithfulness of God and our Lord Jesus Christ. His power and fullness. His blood, righteousness and salvation  are OUR SHIELD. 

My Heart trusts in HIM;  in THE LORD, as my strength and shield, not in any creature or created thing. We are to trust in the Lord. Complete dependance upon Him. We , the saints are helpless in ourselves. God is our only HELPER, Mighty to save, and who will help us in ALL of our troubles. His help is always perfect.  

Edited by Altostrata
unhide

gigi63   
gigi63

To my friends here on this page.  Please note, I had to change my screen name to gigi63 from triplem15.   Please  make note of this if you wish to talk with me. Thanks. 

Abovethestorm   
Abovethestorm

When you go through deep waters, I will be with you.

When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown.

When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not 

be burned up; the flames will not consume you.

Isaiah 43:2

Praying always for you guys and gals in withdrawal/recovery.

We will make it to the end and a happy ending it will be!!

Abovethestorm   
Abovethestorm

Because God is love, His plans can only be loving. Because God is good, His intentions for you are for the highest good. Because He is the Lord of hope, His purpose is to always give you hope. He can never lie (or do!) less than He is.

Lord please forgive us our sins and give us your amazing grace for this day. Amen

Abovethestorm   
Abovethestorm

"Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass the pebbles in your path and you find you have crossed the mountain."

If we consider the full withdrawal experience- from tapering, through withdrawal, to recovery- as the mountain, and we imagine the small pebbles as the daily challenges, these words are relevant and make much more sense. It's all about 'baby steps' and not projecting too far ahead.

Thinking of withdrawal: how long could it last, how will you find the strength to cope, how will you manage each day, it overwhelms. But if focus on passing the pebbles in your path, one by one, it is doable. You may stumble and fall along the way, but will pick yourself up and continue on- onwards and upwards towards the mountaintop... towards recovery.

So the goal is, and should always be, one moment at a time.. one hour.. one day.. For now, that's it. Then the time arrives when the struggle has come to an end: the symptoms disappear and you are taking in the magnificent view of withdrawal-free reality from the top of the mountain, having passed all the pebbles in your path. It's only a matter of time. 

As as you begin this day, maybe from half-way up the mountain or even from the bottom, avert your eyes from its imposing stature and instead keep them fixed on the pebbles in your path. That's all you need to do. Keep going. 

I look up up to the mountains- does my help come from there? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth! He will not let you stumble; the one who watches over you will not slumber.   Psalms 121:1-3 NLT

gigi63   
gigi63

Above the storm,  I am just reading this now and I must say this is beautiful!!!!  There are days when I just cannot fathom how long??  How much more of this suffering.  This really helps to bring perspective to our situation.  Thank you for this.