NAMI Saddleback to Host Gathering on Mental Health and the Church

NAMIpharmafront

NAMI pretends to be fighting discrimination against people labeled with psychiatric diagnoses, even though evidence shows that the
scientifically unsupported chemical imbalance theory that NAMI promotes as "fact"  actually increases discrimination. It tells the public that people with a psychiatric diagnosis have “broken brains,” and that their moods and behaviors are governed by faulty brain chemistry. This is an understanding that separates the “mentally ill” from the rest of society. The “mentally ill” are different from “us.”

What NAMI really wants is to normalize the use of psychiatric drugs. More social acceptability means more profit for NAMI’s corporate paymasters, and more influence for NAMI and its agenda to force psychiatry on people that don't want it.

In 2004, NAMI opposed the placement of "black box" warnings on antidepressants determined to cause suicide in under-18 year olds, and in 2006 opposed black box warnings on ADHD drugs causing heart attack, stroke and sudden death in children in 2006. Despite overwhelming evidence of serious adverse cardiac events and sudden deaths caused by ADHD drugs, in 2006 NAMI took the position that the “black box” warning on ADHD drugs was “premature.”

Lilly donated millions to NAMI. For its part, NAMI promotes the increased use of psychotropic drugs, and even lobbies for laws allowing mental patients to be forced to take antipsychotic drugs. The drugs most often prescribed for involuntary patients -- Janssen's Risperdal (risperidone) and Lilly's Zyprexa (olanzapine) -- cause debilitating, indeed, lethal effects. NAMI's failure to inform its constituents about the danger these drugs pose for patients, and its continued aggressive promotion of these drugs despite the evidence, may be viewed as confirmation that NAMI is an extension of Lilly's marketing department."

nami+pimp.jpg

I found some meaning for my life, exposing this fraud so other people don't have to endure psychiatric drug hell like I did. I like Saddleback church, I just do not like the pharma front group "NAMI". They are DISHONEST !   Saddle back church would be better without these NAMI drug pushers hanging around.

More on NAMI ,

http://bipolar-stanscroniclesandnarritive.blogspot.com/2010/04/nami-pimping-drugs-for-cash-just-cont.html

http://pharmamkting.blogspot.com/2010/04/namis-pharma-funders-serial-off-label.html

IMPORTANT NOTE TO PARENTS:

Parents are being mislead by "NAMI" and a multi billion-dollar a year child drugging industry that a diagnoses of "mental disorder" (ADHD, Bi-Polar, Social Anxiety Disorder) are medical diseases or illnesses. This is a fraud. No child has a brain scan, blood test, X-Ray or any evidence of physical abnormality to verify they are "ill" or "diseased."

Yet NAMI continues to pound the public with misleading and fraudulent statements that these so called mental disorders are biochemical or neurological conditions. That is false. They are simply a list of behaviors that psychiatrists vote into existence and insert into their billing bible, the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.

This has led to about 10  million children in the U.S. taking mind-altering psychiatric drugs.

Saddleback Church is a real cool place, I would be so much better if the NAMI drug pushers would go away !!!

Check out this Saddleback Church http://saddleback.com/

• Administrator

Hello, do you belong to Saddleback Church?

NAMI has suffered from a drop in pharma company contributions in the last few years.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hello, do you belong to Saddleback Church?

NAMI has suffered from a drop in pharma company contributions in the last few years.

Yes, Saddleback Church is a really cool place , it's just too bad they allow those NAMI drug pushers to hang around and peddle pills !

When I was sick from medication withdrawal my family was pressuring me to take more pills due to reading NAMI propaganda about 'non compliant' patients who they think are to stupid to know they 'need' medication. I would still be living in that medicated haze (instead of recovery) if took that advice and didn't endure the pain of withdrawals made worse by the failure of NAMI and the drug companies to aknowlege even the existance of these nasty withdrawals caused by these drugs they have the nerve to call "non-addictive".

Seems like its always blame the patient somehow when the drugs make them sick or worse. 

What even more scary is children are virtually always forced to take these drugs because it is the adults in their lives who are making the decision. Forced drugging compounds this abuse. Informed consent is a cruel hoax since it seems rare that psychiatrists  warn incarcerated involuntary and voluntary patients about common health risks and non-medical alternatives to the drugs. More often than not, psychiatrists coerce, threaten, or intimidate patients into consenting to “medication” Powerful personal testimonies against the antidepressants and neuroleptics, including frequent violations of the right to informed consent, are written all over the internet by people harmed by this Barberic practice !  Many patients look and act like a zombie, apathetic, indifferent to their surroundings in the hospital, I have seen it and was one of them .Many critics have documented these horrendous effects. Many psychiatric survivor-activists and other critics prefer the label “chemical lobotomy”, it better describes their zombie experience. In a psychoprison or psychiatric ward, virtually everyone gets drugged -“put on meds”. Or threatened --“take your meds, or else”. This is also true of children who are admitted to psychiatric wards.

I lived the nightmare when I went to the E.R for help getting off my "non addictive" medication, I was told you must take these brain disabling pills or I would be injected and put in the state hospital.  NAMI thinks this coercion and brutality is AOK.

How did all this happen to me ?  I was told "insomnia is a symptom of depression" and took those first pills, then more and more were added. When I got tired of living in that medicated daze and tried to get off them my withdrawals were used as proof I needed the pills...

• Administrator

Why don't you meet with the pastor, tell him or her your story, and see if you can add a patients' panel to the agenda.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I have wondered about their son so much. I'm sure he was exceptionally well-medicated as I know they did "everything possible" for him. I say that in total seriousness, not sarcasm...when you love someone with serious mental illness you are primed to believe "if we can just get the meds right" everything will be all right. You see the lack of distress from sedation and don't realize it is just sedation....you are glad your loved one is "comfortable." I'm just saying if you are able to talk to the pastor, he will probably not be neutral.

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

I have to agree with Meimeiquest. I've gone to the church a few times over the years so am on their mailing list and received the notice sent out by Pastor Warren when their son took his life a year or two ago. It emphasized that they did all they could over the years, as Meimei stated. I'm sure that means the *best* psychiatric care.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with Meimeiquest. I've gone to the church a few times over the years so am on their mailing list and received the notice sent out by Pastor Warren when their son took his life a year or two ago. It emphasized that they did all they could over the years, as Meimei stated. I'm sure that means the *best* psychiatric care.

NAMI was pushing drugs for its pharma funders at Saddleback long before Matthew Warren's Suicide.

NAMI tells the lie over and over again “You have a biochemical imbalance and will be sick for the rest of your life. Recovery involves taking meds for the rest of your life and there’s no such thing as complete recovery.”

ARE THESE SO-CALLED MENTAL HEALTH ADVOCACY GROUPS FOR PATIENT’S RIGHTS OR PHARMA’S RIGHTS? YOU DECIDE.

These are groups operating under the guise of advocates for the “mentally ill,” which in reality are heavily funded pharmaceutical front groups – lobbying and working on state and federal laws which effect the entire nation — from our elderly in nursing homes to our military, pregnant women, nursing mothers and school children. Presenting themselves as patient advocacy groups is highly disingenuous not only to their membership, many of which may have a sincere desire to help a loved one or a family member with mental problems, but to legislators, the press and the American public — for they have consistently lobbied for legislation that benefits the mental health and pharmaceutical industries which fund them, and not patients they claim to represent.

Certainly any organization claiming to be for the rights of patients diagnosed mentally ill would have as their primary goal, full informed consent in the field of mental health – including full and complete disclosure of all drug risks, the right to refuse treatment, the right to know that psychiatric diagnoses are not medical conditions (evident by the fact there is not one confirmatory medical/scientific test). Above all such groups would provide patients with an abundance of information on non-harmful, non- drug, medical solutions and options considering the dangerous and well documented risks of psychiatric drugs by international drug regulatory agencies.

NAMI opposes patient rights,  Read more: http://www.thebrostclinic.com/psycho-pharma-front-groups/

namipharma+bag.jpg

The story that killed me, I hope I have it right, was of the mom that took her son to the Whittaker presentation. "Unfortunately" the son decided to stop his meds and ended up at a homeless shelter in bad shape. NAMI was goings to pay for his hospitalization...."obviously" since they allowed Whittaker to speak at their conference. In the fine print, the mom admitted her son was at the homeless shelter because she disallowed him from living at home if he stopped taking his meds.

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

The story that killed me, I hope I have it right, was of the mom that took her son to the Whittaker presentation. "Unfortunately" the son decided to stop his meds and ended up at a homeless shelter in bad shape. NAMI was goings to pay for his hospitalization...."obviously" since they allowed Whittaker to speak at their conference. In the fine print, the mom admitted her son was at the homeless shelter because she disallowed him from living at home if he stopped taking his meds.

I guess thats typical of these "NAMI" people isn't it ? 

Stripping basic human rights from people labeled 'mentally ill' is nothing new, governments, societies and those who choose to work in psychiatric wards have been dehumanizing 'involuntary patients' for generations. In fact, hundreds of thousands of people with psychiatric labels and other disabilities were murdered in the Holocaust. For generations, forced sterilization programs existed in western countries targeting those labeled 'mentally ill', only being abolished as recently as the 1970s. But societies still haven't got used to the idea of extending equality to those considered 'mentally ill'.

Around the world, laws are on the books like "5150s" and "Baker acts" , that make it legal for psychiatrists and their staff to forcibly drug and forcibly electroshock people. Even a forced 'diagnosis' can change the course of a life. Reaching out for help from the mental health system often comes at the cost of your basic rights, and many live in constant fear of being assaulted by these coercive and violent psychiatric procedures that are legalized by these laws.

I saw and was subjected to the brutality psychiatry calls treatment behind its locked doors after I trusted my doctor and the medical community and took those pills that were supposed to help my insomnia and bit of anxiety. NO ONE TOLD ME ABOUT THOSE PSYCHIATRIC DRUG "SIDE" EFFECTS AND WITHDRAWAL REACTIONS THAT LANDED ME IN THE HOSPITAL with anxiety attacks I never had BEFORE taking them !

In the hospital they just tried to force me to take more of the psychiatric drugs that made me sick in the first place using THREATS OF INJECTION TO COERCE ME TO TAKE PILLS I DIDN'T "NEED" OR WANT.   "Haldol" and drugs like it are not medical treatment  !!!  Shuffling and drooling unable to think is not "better".

After years being sick as a result of falling for the multibillion dollar serotonin psychiatic drug scam and taking pills I am recovered and have no "mental illness" only becuase I learned the dirty truth about the corruption psychiatric pharmacuitical industry and stopped letting them make me sick with there "treatments".

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy