peggy

Burning skin, burning feet

peggy   
peggy

______________________________________________________________________________________________

See also:  Paresthesia: Pins & Needles, Numbness, Tingling, Burning Sensations

______________________________________________________________________________________________

is this a symptom of withdrawal or is my dog too hot for my feet at night?

Edited by ChessieCat
Added See also

Brandy   
Brandy

LOL!!!!!!!

If the soles of your feet are burning - almost like they've been painted with acid (only way I can think of to describe it) - it might be a nutritional deficiency, most likely Vitamin B6. Especially if it's all or most of the time - not just when in bed with doggy there.

But I don't know where you're at in withdrawal (or if you're post-w/d if you're still hypersensitive to things, as many people are). It seems to be pretty common that a lot of people are particularly sensitive to some (not all) B vitamins, and particularly some like B6, post-AD. If that's the case, maybe eat more foods with good B vit content, especially B6 - yogurt with active cultures etc.

If it's just when puppy dog is sleeping on your feet - tough call. I treasure when my furry kitty-cat cuddles next to me (or lying on me like I'm a pillow) in bed. Then it's a trade-off, and I usually opt for spitting fur out of my mouth in exchange for the furry cuddles and purring.

peggy   
peggy

LOL,

they are not really burning per se, just feel really hot. I notice it mainly at night. I am down to about 15mg effexor so on the downward slope - i haven't had too many of the 'usual' withdrawal symptoms with the last few reductions - in fact it has been a lot easier - but i did wonder about the feet - it's funny isn't it - when ever a new feeling comes along we attribute it first to withdrawal!

Barbarannamated   
Barbarannamated

My husband and his brother both got burning feet ON Prozac and had to DC. I assume some sort of dyasthesia or peripheral neuropathy??

Not surprising at all.

ajnjj   
ajnjj

I have burning. Legs. Arms. Like bad sunburn. Just short of painful. Never had it before these ads.

Bellisimo   
Bellisimo

I cant find words HOW TIRED I AM of this burning skin.. its killing me. Im tired but cant sleep because THIS Is killing me. I never had this before i quit my ssri.

I thought it wouldnt last long .. but still soon 9 months later i have the same..

I wonder if this is allergic reaktions i get from stuff, like coffee, sugar etc?
It just comes and can last for hours and i get red all over my body , and it iches crazy, and red dots all over, like an allergic reaktion.

THE ONLY THING That makes it feel better its cold... I use to go out naked on my balkony to try cool down, or take a cold bath or put cold towels on my body, after a while it feels better but it takes long, and this often comes when im relaxing or tired, / evenings / nights..

Often at day when im up i can feel itchy but not as near as this burning sensations..

Im thinking of suing my medicine company for causing me a pain in the ass, also with RLS and insomnia.. if this is not gonna end iam gonna be so pissed ..

sorry if i sound angry but i do feel tired of this  :(

hope everyone is doing better or ok outthere, hang in there..

cymbaltawithdrawal5600   
cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Sounds like a histamine reaction to something. Your nervous system goes wonky in WD and we all have various symptoms. It may some digging to find out the cause. Did you change laundry detergent, for example? You may be reacting to this (called 'contact dermatitis'). Wash your clothes in plain water for a while and see if it helps (yes, they will get clean enough).

And you might try a 'low histamine' diet. Giak had great results with this:

http://beyondmeds.com/2013/01/07/histamine-intolerance/

She talks about it in this thread:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/3503-histamine-intolerance/?hl=histamine

You will need to dig out what is causing this or you may have to see a doc for allergy testing before you consider taking an antihistamine, for example, benadryl. Sensitized systems can react badly to them, even OTC stuf like benadryl.

cymbaltawithdrawal5600   
cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Wash all your clothes now and all your bedding. Stop the perfumes and plug in scents if you use them. Get a hypoallergenic soap like glycerine. Think about what substances you may come in contact with and get rid of them. Question all your supplements too. It may take a while but I bet you find something. It nay well be your diet too. Keep a log of what you eat and see if you can see a pattern. Yours SEEMS like an uncommon WD reaction.

Drink more water.

Bellisimo   
Bellisimo

Yes altostrata ive read about parasthesia and i also know not many suiffer from this BUT i do know its VERY common from people quitting lexapro , and i took celexa which is an earlier version then lexapro so i think i now know my answer.. ive been taking to some that was on lexapro and had this annoying thing very much , much be something just inm this celexa drug :(

Finn   
Finn

Has anyone had a burning sensation in the face--like being flushed. It's hot to the touch too. What could this be?

trouper   
trouper

i'm getting the opposite where my thighs get a flush of chill like sensations. it started a few weeks ago and it went way. now its back stronger, lasting longer and now I'm getting good bumps there. very odd.

MissMellie   
MissMellie

Yes I also get the burning especially on the left side of my face and on my lips. I also get what feels like numbness/tightness. These sensations are not always constant but come in waves.

dekiru   
dekiru

Has anyone had a burning sensation in the face--like being flushed. It's hot to the touch too. What could this be?

Yes, I get the burning sensation on my face too.

Zang909   
Zang909

I get a burning sensation in my hands as a withdrawal symptom with some meds.

As a side note, I recently got the burning sensation in my hands and also in my face when my doc put me on Prednisone a couple of weeks ago. My face felt hot to me, hot to the touch, and was also flushed.

DLB   
DLB

Can't seem to shake this one, I have had soles of feet real sensitive and burning sensation. Not bad when resting but when walking. They also get cold easy now. Anyone else get this during taper? Does it last long? I've had it on and off my entire year taper but now at .75 mg. It is bad!

Frustrated   
Frustrated

I have burning in my feet and legs. It is horrible and drives me nuts. I also have cold hands and feet but sleep with a fan at the end of the bed because my feet burn at the same time. Middle of winter eith a fan haha. It has been bugging me for a few months.

DLB   
DLB

This feet thing is killing me. Mine is fine while laying down but when I get on them it's bad . Could be my arthritis but it is happening in my left foot to where I don't have arthritis. I can't believe how cold they feel. I wonder if paxil ruined the blood flow to the feet. It is so painful all day. Wish I didn't have two things come on at the exact same time ( psoriatic arthritis and paxil poopout a year ago) because then I could figure out what is withdrawal or the arthritis or withdrawal amplifying the pain. At least I'm better than Christmas eve. That was a real bad wave for me.

ikam   
ikam

Yes, I have sumilar problem but with my hands. Often hot palms, cold feet and sweating...also various aches and pains, it feels like arthritis in my both palms, especially middle finger/this started when I started escitaploram...then turned into pins and needles, now it alters.

Cressida   
Cressida

I get burning in my feet. Mine happens when I am woken by adrenalin dumps at night . I ll generally get short burst of heart pounding ( sometimes feel like whole body pounding) and burning in feet. Sometimes lower legs.

I think mine tends to happen where I carry a lot of muscle tension, I know I do in my feet and lower legs. Might be worth giving your feet a good massage when they are not burning for a few days and see if it helps. Can't hurt and you ll get lovely skin on your feet and maybe a bit of relaxation thrown in

ikam   
ikam

I get burning in my feet. Mine happens when I am woken by adrenalin dumps at night . I ll generally get short burst of heart pounding ( sometimes feel like whole body pounding) and burning in feet. Sometimes lower legs.

I think mine tends to happen where I carry a lot of muscle tension, I know I do in my feet and lower legs. Might be worth giving your feet a good massage when they are not burning for a few days and see if it helps. Can't hurt and you ll get lovely skin on your feet and maybe a bit of relaxation thrown in

Very interesting what you said, as I get exactly the same but in my hands...

Could you explain what do you meant to be woken by adrenalin dumps at night. It seems familiar...

Cressida   
Cressida

Look on a thread in symptoms called Cortisol mornings there are excellent explanations in there. Basically I gather, the stress hormone cortisol is high in WD especially at night. Causes dumps of adrenalin at peak times. I get woken at midnight if I ve gone to sleep, around 330am and 5-530am . I wake aware of my heart pounding , sometimes feel as if whole body pounding. Sometimes missed beats. And I feel my body start to burn. The burning was hotter and more widespread when WD was more acute . I have noticed now the burning is localised/worse in areas of chronic muscle tension . The times I wake are remarkably regular. The 530am one seems to be worse and the anxiety in the morning is worse

ikam   
ikam

Look on a thread in symptoms called Cortisol mornings there are excellent explanations in there. Basically I gather, the stress hormone cortisol is high in WD especially at night. Causes dumps of adrenalin at peak times. I get woken at midnight if I ve gone to sleep, around 330am and 5-530am . I wake aware of my heart pounding , sometimes feel as if whole body pounding. Sometimes missed beats. And I feel my body start to burn. The burning was hotter and more widespread when WD was more acute . I have noticed now the burning is localised/worse in areas of chronic muscle tension . The times I wake are remarkably regular. The 530am one seems to be worse and the anxiety in the morning is worse

Thank you. This explaines a lot. Most of my symptoms are at night, as you said, I wake up feeling kind of anxious and at present my WD symptoms are worse at night. I also get hot, sweat a lot and get these parasthesia type symptoms in my arms and palms...i think it affects one of the nerves, as it goes always through my arms to the ring and small fingers. My palms seem to be hot and I also experience type of burning sensation...

Thank you again...i will read more about cortisol...

Petunia   
Petunia

Can't seem to shake this one, I have had soles of feet real sensitive and burning sensation. Not bad when resting but when walking. They also get cold easy now.

I get this too, the soles of my feet have become sensitive.  I used to be able to walk for hours, even in heels, but not any more.  A few weeks ago I found myself unexpectedly having to walk for about 15 minutes in medium high heels, after 5 minutes my soles felt like they were on fire.  When I got home I had developed a blister.

My feet also get cold too, even in the middle of summer when its very hot, not all the time, just when I'm very symptomatic in general.  Its completely crazy,  I will be hot, sweating, wearing shorts and t-shirt trying to stay cool, under a fan, but will be wearing 2 pairs of socks trying to get my feet warm :wacko:

DLB   
DLB

Ok, so I'm glad it's not just me but am also sorry to hear it's happening to all of you too. I can't believe how incredibly sensitive my fingers and soles of my feet are. I can literally feel the texture of socks on my soles, like every fiber almost. Two years ago I started having issues with opening beer bottles ,the twist top digs into my skin and burns and my skin is real soft. I have worked blue collar all my life and had callouse hands and am a cold weather outdoors person and my skin is now softer and thiner than my wife's!! Real weird I thought it was strange how much it was hurting my hands and had to have my wife open a bottle but on this crap you kind of become complacent and when you come off its like a light turning on and you can connect all this weirdness to paxil.

steeley   
steeley

You have had some good responses to your question and though my feet don't "burn" feel like a needle is piercing into my foot.

This stuff has so many faces it is hard to believe.  :o

Wishing you recovery in 2015.

steeley

WiggleIt   
WiggleIt

I feel like my big toe on each foot is getting constantly electrocuted, and it even seems to be the origin point for some of my body zaps.  

Moonlitelotus   
Moonlitelotus

Yep! I have the burning feeling too. I only get it in my left foot sometimes and sometimes it changes spots on me. I also get body zaps but mine originate in my neck and goes throughout my body. Withdrawal definitely causes a plethora of symptoms.

Micromonster   
Micromonster

the last few weeks my feet have been really sensitive and I never connected it with wd but now you've got me thinking..........

greentrain   
greentrain

My feet, ankles and hands have been burning, tingling and going numb for the past few months. I woke up Saturday and it was gone. It felt amazing to have sensation back. Amazing. It lasted until this AM when I found out that we have to put our dog to sleep. I thought I was handling it well, but my nervous system is telling me otherwise. This wave has been relentless. 

May we all reach healing this year.  May we all become whole again. 

spectio   
spectio

Hello all! Has anybody with this issue had your vitamin b12 levels tested? There's a number of articles online under "burning feet" associated with low vitamin b12 levels. I'm understanding a lot of us have this problem. Unfortunately a lot of us also can't tolerate supplementation with vitamin b12. What a connundrum!

ikam   
ikam

My feet, ankles and hands have been burning, tingling and going numb for the past few months. I woke up Saturday and it was gone. It felt amazing to have sensation back. Amazing. It lasted until this AM when I found out that we have to put our dog to sleep. I thought I was handling it well, but my nervous system is telling me otherwise. This wave has been relentless. 

May we all reach healing this year.  May we all become whole again.

So sorry about your dog...

You said you have had these symptoms for the past few months. I wonder how you cope with them? What helps?

I have noticed that they are more prominent when I get more emotional.

Then, in times, I get anxious over them and of course the sensation increases.

I have this paresthesia type sumptoms in my both hands, mostly in my fingers and palms. I can feel this sensation going from my spine through my arms to my palms...

I wonder, maybe there are some stretching exercices?

greentrain   
greentrain

Thank you, everyone. I cope by:

--knowing that my GP and I have ran every blood test under the sun to check for disease related to the neuropathic pain and the results have been normal

--knowing that it will pass eventually as have many other symptoms

--walking

-- yin yoga helps - I like this one - 

--this spinal exercise calms my nervous system greatly also -

-- meditation and surrender

-- when I have pain in the ankles laying my legs up against the wall for a few minutes helps

-- try not tax my nervous system with new supplements or foods

I had my B levels checked and B12 is at the top of the range, however, B1 and B7 were low/not absorbing and they are implicated in neuropathic pain and neuropathy. 

Thank you for your condolences!

ikam   
ikam

Thank you! I believe that exercices help a lot.

After my effexor tapper few years ago I had ongoing pelvic pain for over one year. Had difficulty with sitting. Doctors did not know what it was, but prescribed lots of painkillers and doxepin. It was physiotherapist who helped me, I had sessions for almost one year, exerciced a lot and used to walk a lot...

luv2knit   
luv2knit

Yes, for me this is especially bad when my akathisia is ramped up. I just cope with it and it eventually gets better. I'm sure eventually it will go away altogether. Not pleasant, though.

Luna   
Luna

This is a late response but I got Burning skin so bad. What actually helped me were a series of neurofeedback sessions and it took the burning sensation away most of the days. I now only get it once every two months.