Altostrata

Australia members, please check in here

dalsaan   
dalsaan

Hi NJJ, 

The consumer info on the NPS website provides all ingredients.  I looked at all the generics and they vary markedly.  You could have a reaction to anyone of the inactive ingredients.  Also there is a tolerance range for how equivalent generics have to be.   Even small differences can impact chemically sensitive people.  Tell the pharmacist to go back to school.

I get why you feel like an addict but I'm glad you found a stash  :unsure:

I was wondering if it is a global problem because if they have stock somewhere why wouldn't they just direct it here.

D

ang   
ang

Thanks for the information on this site, I never knew previously that generics were different, always thought they all had exactly the same ingredients.  I am learning.   If it had ever had an effect, I would never have realised why.

Aliwill   
Aliwill

I'm in Geelong. About an hour out of Melbourne. I'd also like to meet up. I'm down to 2 mgs of Prozac. Would love some support and to support others.

Fresh   
Fresh

Hi Aliwill , glad you found your way here.

If you click FOLLOW at the top right of your thread you'll receive an email each time someone posts. I see from your profile you've been round the block a few times with these meds. I do hope you're able to get off them slow enough this time to stay off.

Best wishes , Fresh

Ang , I'm sorry this is so rough for you. If you want one of the mods. to remove your name and email address from your posts (which might be a good idea) you could try PMing Dalsaan.

Sending a hug hun , xxx

Altostrata   
Altostrata

Additional discussion of the Zoloft shortage is here Zoloft Shortage

Fresh   
Fresh

http://mentalwellnes...mit.com/yhryui/

Free online seminar happening NOW , August 10-17  Click the link to register , share it with your friends

Day 1 (today)

Robert Whitaker, Author, Publisher of Mad in America

The Perils of Big Pharma

• Psychiatry: The influence of institutions & madmen
  • Destructive DSM-3 & deception of the chemical imbalance theory
  • Massive scale of social injury to the public without informed consent

Also KELLY BROGAN . . . click the link for more information and to register.   Each presentation is available to listen to for 24 hours for free.

Fresh   
Fresh

Today's local newspapers:  Dreyton Sher Lawyers Set to Launch Class Action Against Manufacturers of SSRI Antidepressants Including

Zoloft and Aropax

A SYDNEY law firm is preparing to launch a class action against the manufacturers of a range of antidepressants it ­believes do not issue sufficient warnings about several dangerous side effects, ­including suicidal thoughts.

Drayton Sher Lawyers has been in contact with dozens of people from across the nation — including many in NSW — who say they were not advised that consuming certain types of SSRI antidepressants would cause them to become ­aggressive and spark suicidal thoughts.

The class of drugs is used to treat depression, anxiety, ­obsessive-compulsive disorders and post-traumatic stress.

They are manufactured by a range of major pharmaceutical companies including Pfizer (Zoloft) and GlaxoSmithKline (Aropax, Paxil), which both ­declined to comment on the claims when contacted by The Daily Telegraph.

The legal firm says it will argue the drugs were marketed to doctors on the basis of flawed research that downplays the risks of suicide and other serious side effects.

It also claims “selective ­research” was used to show the medications are effective in treating depression.

Lawyer Tony Nikolic said any ­compensation would rely on the number of people who joined the action and the nature of their individual cases.

Mr Nikolic said he had been contacted by people all over the country who had been ­prescribed the drugs, as well as parents concerned about their children’s use.

“We need the community to know about the potential dangers of it,” he said

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/drayton-sher-lawyers-set-to-launch-class-action-against-manufacturers-of-ssri-antidepressants-including-zoloft-and-aropax/story-fni0cx12-1227556629501?sv=b48dcb76f844474652e31b543d55167c

Edited by Petunia
added link

Cheeky   
Cheeky

Thanks fresh you have made my day xxxx

dalsaan   
dalsaan

Im not on those drugs but I hope they kick the @#$%^ out of them

D xx

Fresh   
Fresh

I'm not sure about the link . . . the Daily Telegraph keeps asking me to subscribe (?).

This is the rest of the article:

“We need the community to know about the potential dangers of it,” he said

It follows a University of Adelaide study, released last month, which found no advantages but some worrying side effects for depressed adolescents taking paroxetine, found in Aropax and Paxil. The research re-examined a previous study, funded by GlaxoSmithKline, which had found paroxetine was safe and effective.

Critical and Ethical Mental Health Research Group Professor Jon Jureidini said: “It wasn’t until the data was made available for re-examination that it became apparent that paroxetine was linked to ­serious adverse reactions, with 11 of the patients taking paroxetine engaging in suicidal or self-harming behaviours ­compared with only one ­person in the group of patients who took the placebo.”

He added: “Our study also revealed that paroxetine was no more effective at relieving the symptoms of depression than a placebo.”

ang   
ang

Thankyou so much fresh, I was so damaged by both Zoloft, and Aropax............   and effexor.

from a legal perspective, yes I have lots of stuff on damn Zoloft......

I have tried for so long,  maybe Australian lawyers are listening now, after study329.org    finally got published..............       

Petunia   
Petunia

I'm not sure about the link . . . the Daily Telegraph keeps asking me to subscribe (?).

Me too, I could access it the first time, but not any more?? Thanks for adding the rest of the article.

nz11   
nz11

Never thought i would ever say this but....i really wish i was an Australian!

gulp!!

A Foreigner

ang   
ang

Hi nz11    I been waiting for 19 years for this to be available in Australia, no lawyers would help............    I think it will be only a year or two for NZ.  But of course no surety of a win yet.  Study329.org   has made this possible now...  the truth is out.,

starburst   
starburst

Hi all. Just joining as another Aussie living in Perth. Must go back and read through the thread. That will take me a while with my inability to concentrate for more than five seconds!!

ZombieMode   
ZombieMode

Hi All,

I'm from the Central Coast of NSW was labelled a schizophrenic. I miss my voices big time, they were the most positive & loving thing to happen to me. Taught and advised me on many things. Have been pumped with max dose of Abilify now since April this year turned into a lifeless, unhealthy & unhappy zombie. 

Have experienced all the horrible side affects of these poisonous plaguey drugs.. Akathesia, libido, Anhedonia.. the lot.

I hope someday I can be healthy & active again, I'm only 22, miss being "psychotic" and hearing my guardian angels. 

Am currently stuck on a community treatment order - desperately trying to find a way out with not much luck thus far..

Best wishes to all of you

NJJ   
NJJ

Hi everyone

Re: lawsuit

I've had contact with Tony Nikolic and he encourages anyone who's been on the drugs listed to contact them. The more people, the better.

ang   
ang

Thanks NJJ...... I am trying, hope the deadline is not soon.        So difficult, just going over old horrors, I know It needs to be done, but I am in a fragile WD state, and cant handle stress, so well, not even going over old horrific memories.

Thanks for your update!

ang   
ang

I was first in WA, on zoloft, I was a guinea pig,  outcome?  Baby death,  I only took the stuff for first 8 weeks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, was told  "no bad effects noted in pregnancy".  I looked in a big pharma book, just to make sure.................. so yes, my dear Steven, was the first HLSH baby.............. lucky Steven/ Yeah I learnt later that no bad effects noted in pregnancy,  translates to  NEVER EVER TESTED ON PREGNANT WOMEN.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>     Damn I worked in pathology, if only I had known, how they lied, I would never, ever have taken the stuff,,,,,,,,,,,, no bad effects in pregnancy????????????????? fuckin really means, never ever tested in pregnancy?  Well my Steven is now one of their ""statistics"""""""""""""......... bet he is so damn proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NJJ   
NJJ

ang: ok I understand if it's too upsetting.

I only filled out one page that was pretty much a survey, just simple questions for them to get numbers and a general idea I guess of where to go.

Cheeky   
Cheeky

I just hope something comes out of this, law case. I got intouch too, but i dont want to be hapoy as i know its going to take years and years fir this to come to an end.

calithebold   
calithebold

Does anyone have the lawyers details at all? They said that they were going to send a bulk email out but I have had my junk mail catch everything that was bulk and trash it...  :mellow:  forgot, though don't know how  :blush:

Fresh   
Fresh

Welcome Zombiemode!

Drayton  Sher Lawyers 

From the West Australian:

Compo claim over ‘suicidal feelings’ pills

Cathy O'Leary September 23, 2015, 12:50 am  

Several West Australians have come forward to join a class action by a Sydney law firm seeking compensation for side effects from antidepression drugs.

Drayton Sher Lawyers said yesterday it was preparing a compensation claim against the manufacturers of a range of antidepressants.

It is alleging they can cause dangerous side effects, including suicidal thoughts and behaviour.

The drugs include the SSRI-type antidepressants setraline, sold as Zoloft, and paroxetine, which is sold as Aropax.

Concerns have been raised in Australia and overseas about the safety of several antidepressants, most recently the use of paroxetine in teenagers after decade-old trial data was reanalysed

Last week, University of Adelaide researchers said that although the drug claimed to be a safe and effective treatment for depression in adolescents, it was ineffective and associated with serious side effects.

Professor Jon Jureidini from the university’s Critical and Ethical Mental Health Research Group, said a study funded by SmithKline Beecham, now GlaxoSmithKline, reported in 2001 that paroxetine was effective and safe for depression in adolescents.

But a re-examination of the data linked paroxetine to serious adverse reactions, with 11 of the users in the study engaging in suicidal or self-harming behaviours compared with only one person in the group of patients who took the placebo.

Australian health authorities maintain there may be a small increase in suicidal thoughts in children and adolescents when they first start taking antidepressants.

A spokesman for Drayton Sher said it had received inquiries about the class action from people in NSW, WA and Queensland.

It has expert witnesses prepared to help with the case and give evidence.

wan-logo-2.jpg

ZombieMode   
ZombieMode

will contact the lawyers on monday. Hopefully those on abilify can be included in this too, thanks for the update Fresh :)

Tissa   
Tissa

Hi there,

I am new to this site. So, here it goes !

I am gradually going off Prestiq. Has anyone done this ?

It is bloody awful! Going back onto cipromil.

Cheers

Tissa

bubble   
bubble

Hi there,

I am new to this site. So, here it goes !

I am gradually going off Prestiq. Has anyone done this ?

It is bloody awful! Going back onto cipromil.

Cheers

Tissa

Hello Tissa and welcome to SA.

can you please start a thread about your situation in the introductions and updates section here: 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/3-introductions-and-updates/

We will be able to say more about your situation there especially if you give us more details about your drug history in your signature

Please put your withdrawal history in your signature

You might as well read through these threads as well: 

What is withdrawal syndrome? 

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/876-tips-for-tapering-off-pristiq-desvenlafaxine/

Once again, welcome.

Bubble

NJJ   
NJJ

Hi

Re: class action lawsuit

It Does not matter if your drug is not on their list as long as it is a AntiD.

JanCarol   
JanCarol

Tricky.  Abilify is um, neuroleptic approved to "boost" anti-d's, right?

Fresh   
Fresh

Hi NJJ , re zoloft  , your best bet is to email them and ask directly.  How are doing anyhow hun?

NJJ   
NJJ

Hi Fresh

Oh sorry my earlier comment was referring to anyone in general not myself. They said even though it states specific drugs on the info sheet, it dosnt have to be those exact ones. As long as it's antidepressants, generic versions etc. I'm ok, still having ups and downs with recovery and family drama but getting sorted now. Thanks

I was glad to hear that Pfizer got sued in Australia recently as people were suffering psychiatric side effects from their parkinson disease drug.

Cheeky   
Cheeky

Hi everyone,

Just won't to let you know about the Paxil / Zoloft class action in Australia.

I just received this is my email and am really angry .

They won't $500 from everyone there representing and call it a small donation .

I will paste it below

Dear Sir/Madam

As you are probably aware we have, to date, spent considerable time and costs in preparation, research, discussions with experts and preparing a brief to counsel to advise.

We have undertaken this free of charge but in order to meet the costs of counsel and further preparatory work on the proposed action we will require a very small donation from participants. We attach a cost

agreement for your kind attention. As you will see the very small donation required will be dependant on your individual financial circumstances.

Please sign and return the attached costs agreement and make the relevant payment required or send us documentation regarding your financial circumstances as required in the costs agreement if you have a difficulty in paying (see below) and we will send you information about the Class Action.

Important information:

If you are concession card or pension card holder, please provide us with a copy of your welfare card and drivers license as you may be eligible to a exemption of this fee.

If you are not a concession card holder, and you cannot pay in one instalment, please reply to this email and provide us with a reasonable payment plan.

Our Trust Account Details are:

Drayton Sher Lawyers Law Practice Trust Account

BSB No: 032000

Account No: 784091

Yours Sincerely

Tony Nikolic

Solicitor

Drayton Sher Lawyers

3 Spring Street.

Sydney NSW 2000

T: 02 8249 4513

F: 02 8249 4001

E: tony@draytonsherlawyers.com.au

M: 0421 366 238

www.draytonsherlawyers.com.au

cid:549A7FD1-4633-4919-B57B-E05C0F9B961C@bll.local

Drayton Sher Lawyers Pty Ltd - ACN 164 485 554

Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation. Legal practitioners employed by Drayton Sher Lawyers Pty Ltd are members of the scheme.

Date: Thursday, 26 November 2015 at 2:28 PM

To: "lola.donascineto@hotmail.com" <lola.donascineto@hotmail.com>

Subject: PROPOSED CLASS ACTION - COSTS DISCLOSURE - PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL

Dear Sir/Madam

As you are probably aware we have, to date, spent considerable time and costs in preparation, research, discussions with experts and preparing a brief to counsel to advise.

We have undertaken this free of charge but in order to meet the costs of counsel and further preparatory work on the proposed action we will require a very small donation from participants. We attach a cost

agreement for your kind attention. As you will see the very small donation required will be dependant on your individual financial circumstances.

Please sign and return the attached costs agreement and make the relevant payment required or send us documentation regarding your financial circumstances as required in the costs agreement if you have a difficulty in paying (see below) and we will send you information about the Class Action.

Important information:

If you are concession card or pension card holder, please provide us with a copy of your welfare card and drivers license as you may be eligible to a exemption of this fee.

If you are not a concession card holder, and you cannot pay in one instalment, please reply to this email and provide us with a reasonable payment plan.

Our Trust Account Details are:

Drayton Sher Lawyers Law Practice Trust Account

BSB No: 032000

Account No: 784091

Yours Sincerely

Tony Nikolic

Solicitor

Drayton Sher Lawyers

3 Spring Street.

Sydney NSW 2000

T: 02 8249 4513

F: 02 8249 4001

E: tony@draytonsherlawyers.com.au

M: 0421 366 238

www.draytonsherlawyers.com.au

cid:549A7FD1-4633-4919-B57B-E05C0F9B961C@bll.local

Drayton Sher Lawyers Pty Ltd - ACN 164 485 554

Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation. Legal practitioners employed by Drayton Sher Lawyers Pty Ltd are members of the scheme.

This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud service.

For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com