Altostrata

California members, please check in here

Altostrata   
Altostrata

Please post below if you live in California.

I am thinking that connecting our members geographically will enable

• Face-to-face meetings or phone contacts for those of you who wish to meet
  • Support groups
  • Sharing information about doctors, clinics, compounding pharmacies, etc.
  • Organizing to educate physicians, hospitals, and university professors
  • Organizing to contact members of local and national government
  • Research by California researchers

Even if you don't wish to do any of the above, if you are in California, please check in here.

Please also click the Follow This Topic button at the top right so you will receive notices about others posting here.

AND -- if you've haven't introduced yourself to the rest of the community yet, please go to our Introductions and Updates forum and start a topic for yourself. You can post updates to your Intro topic to track your progress.

Edited by Altostrata
updated

Altostrata   
Altostrata

I am in San Francisco, California.

Barbarannamated   
Barbarannamated

I am in Redlands, CA. Inland Southern CA.

spectio   
spectio

I am in Reno, Nv, 25 miles from Calif. I would like to be included, if possible. Thanks, Alto.

Altostrata   
Altostrata

Of course, spectio. Thanks for posting here.

LexAnger   
LexAnger

I'm in simi valley, southern California

This is a great idea. Thanks alto!

RealityCheck   
RealityCheck

Los Angeles

mtnbkr   
mtnbkr

I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area.

hacilar   
hacilar

I'm in Garberville, CA

summer   
summer

I live in Marin County in CA.

erikjms   
erikjms

I live in the middle of everything in San Francisco but nobody knows I am here. :)

Barbarannamated   
Barbarannamated

LexAnger and Reality Check,

Do you know any knowledgeable docs in LA or Southern CA? I've been off of Pristiq and Vyvanse (fast taper and CT) for over 3 years and still doing poorly. Situational/lifestyle factors are big components. Vicious circle.

My apologies if I'm using this forum inappropriately.

Dr. Shipko has not returned my messages/calls.

LexAnger   
LexAnger

Sorry Barbara, I never used any psyc doc until later year starting WD symptoms. The doc I went had no clue at all and acknowledged he does not know how to help. I also thought about dr shipko but after reading online patient review I gave up. In my opinion, there are very few docs if any are really experienced in this area as they were not trained in school and most have problems believing patients feeling about WD. I tried Point of Return program it may have helped with lessening symptoms but did not help enough for me to continue tapering at 2.5 mg lexapro. I'm now considering Road Back supplement. I will get it in couple of days and will let you know how much that helps.

so far I feel most knoledgable people are the ones with own experience of similar symptoms especially those did lots of own research like alto.

Sorry about your situation. I'm as bad as yours even still on the med. I know it's a disparate feeling but do hope you are close to the end of the tunnel. As per some other successful stories, it can take up to 4-6 years after stopping to completely heal.

I don't mind if you'd like to have direct contact with me even just for emotional support. If we are close to each other geographically, we can even meet.

Barbarannamated   
Barbarannamated

Thanks, LexAnger. Please do feel free to PM me. I would like to be in contact.

If it helps your perspective at all, you are in a much better position because you have found this site and are still tapering. I'm off some of the drugs, but did it completely wrong. I was also on excessive polypharmacy for 15+ years. I wish I still had the option to adjust my dose, but I don't.

LexAnger   
LexAnger

I am so sorry to know your story and your feeling that way. It seems to me the psyc drug can be as damaging as withdrawing from it

Basically, once you are on, you will be in an unknown world potentially leading to various misery paths.

I'm not quite sure I know the meaning of PM. Can you explain a bit more? I can share my personal email or even phone number with you if that's What you meant.

Yeah, it seems your situation can be more complicated with multiple medications. But with the experience of dealing with

The psyc meds, we can still help/ support each other better than anyone else as its very difficult for others to even have a clue to

Understand the basics.

Barbarannamated   
Barbarannamated

PM just means to send a Personal Message to me thru the site (should be on my profile, I think) and we can discuss details and exchange info, emails, etc.

Sorry for the confusion.

overcomer58   
overcomer58

I live in Templeton, Ca. Near San Luis Obispo, Ca. Halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco. I LOVE this idea!! :-)

overcomer58   
overcomer58

I live in Templeton, Ca. (Near San Luis Obispo, Ca)-- Halfway between L.A. and S.F. 

zenzeno   
zenzeno

I'm in Chicago but later this month I'm gonna be in Monterey, CA to meet with Dr. Romeo Mariano.

I'm also considering going to San Diego to visit Dr. Irwin Goldstein.

Altostrata   
Altostrata

Why are you visiting those doctors, zenzeno?

zenzeno   
zenzeno

Why are you visiting those doctors, zenzeno?

Essentially, I need to see a doctor who understands PSSD and can provide solid medical advice on how to manage it.

Altostrata   
Altostrata

Please let us know if you find any.

Altostrata   
Altostrata

Is everybody okay after the earthquake? I'm okay. It was quite the shaker in the middle of the night.

mtnbkr   
mtnbkr

Thanks for checking in.  It woke me up, but I'm far enough away that there wasn't any damage.  My heart goes out to those who are struggling to piece their lives together. 

Altostrata   
Altostrata

It was very rough on Napa.

hacilar   
hacilar

A piffle compared to what we have in the way of quakes up here at the triple juntion-the Pacific plate, the North American plate and the Juan de Fuca plate shaking up things on a irregular basis.   The 10.0 is 100 years overdue.  Historically, that is.

I've experienced quakes everywhere I've lived in California; Long Beach, the Central Valley and now up here in Humbolt County.  Hurricanes and tornados freak me out!  If an earthquake takes me out, so be it.

RubyTuesday   
RubyTuesday

I am in Marin county. Would love to find a support group.

brassmonkey   
brassmonkey

Covina, California, on the far east side of LA

NervousKitten   
NervousKitten

I'm in the San Francisco East Bay area.

JayPea   
JayPea

I'm in the San Francisco East Bay area.

Me too

InvisibleUnless   
InvisibleUnless