Success: beconscious survives Ativan and Pristiq

My introduction topic and monthly journal:

I had joined the forum just over 1 year ago.  I had begun an alternating taper from Pristiq just 2 months before that. But this was not the beginning. 1 year prior (2012) I had cold turkey'd from daily Ativan use of nearly 4 years and suffered the worst.  I had no idea what was happening, and much less about what was in front of me.  I was certain I was dying. If you look up any symptom associated with sudden discontinuation withdrawal from Ativan Lorazepam, I had it (but for seizures).  It was devastating - emotionally, and nearly physically. I managed to keep my life in order, though, with the help of a great employer who worked with me over a 3-4 month absence, a patient wife, and a few friends.  But it did take its toll on these relationships.  I was prescribed both by a general practitioner, first the Ativan, then during the intense withdrawal phase the Pristiq, which I elected to take to address the severe depression and numb what I could.  Coming off Pristiq was a nuisance, but not even close to the trauma the brain experiences when pulling away from Ativan.  That experience was so severe, so hellish, that I can't even remember what it felt like to withdraw, now. My brain has somehow achieved what it is good at, for the sake of self preservation, and blotted out many of the emotions and sensations I once knew 24 hours daily, for months on end.  One can never imagine what it is like to experience such suffering. The good news is that it is replicable, and so I invite any doubters to simply ask their doctor for a prescription citing that 'they're not feeling well, and somewhat anxious from time to time". Take that prescription home, look at yourself in the mirror as you down the first dose and say goodbye to the person you know.  Proceed to take that small does of Ativan for the next 48 months or so and observe as your mind and your body undoes itself.  Then scour the internet in painful desperation looking for answers and wondering which way is up? If I have that coffee, or eat that bread, or bacon - will I suffer? Will I feel that wave of suffering tomorrow, and for how long might it last?

I very quickly did exactly that. And being off work for a few months gave me every opportunity to compulsively search, and search, read and read about Ativan. It's wonders and its dangers. It's miraculous and powerful abilities to help me achieve, and then its punishing blow that brought me literally to the ground, where I would sleep and lay for weeks on end - just waiting for something to get better.

I quickly amassed an arsenal of details and helpful hints, some of which I have documented in my entries here.  I was careful, and patient, but of course angry and wounded by this experience.  As each month turned I made progress, and this kept me going.  Every month the symptoms of withdrawal from Ativan lessened. The MS-like symptoms, the inability to cope with stress. It all faded away.  The final layer - Pristiq - posed some troublesome sensations, and they lasted nearly 8 or 9 months. But here I am today. 2 years out and able to abuse myself, stay up late, get myself worked up and stressed out and eat the junk I want, if I want.  I have beaten this experience, and have learned much.  It's like a commercial for depression where the clouds clear and the sun comes out, only in this commercial I'm not on anything. I'm returning to my old self - sure perhaps with some OCD and some anxiety, but now I understand how these qualities can be used and managed.

So, look forward to what comes next. You will be relieved, and pleasantly surprised.  Let go, and let yourself heal. It will happen.

Edited after reading the instructions on how/what to post:

1) My symptoms, as are reported, happened in waves and windows. These varied over time and all I can say is that we have valleys and peaks, which is pretty consistent with what others report on the Ativan withdrawal. As for the Pristiq symptoms they were much more linear, in that if something went away, it was pretty much gone. If it did return it was only subtle.

2) It took me about 2 years to recover from Ativan withdrawal. 3-4 months of intense chronic withdrawal, another 4 months of chronic withdrawal, and 12-15 months of nuisance withdrawal while I also tapered from Pristiq. Due to the overlap it gets a bit fuzzy.

2008 Feb- 1MG Ativan As Needed

2010 Tolerance Withdrawal to Ativan begins. Source unrecognized.

2011 Fall Began Attempting to Come off Ativan 1 week taper as advised by doctor. Increase to 1mg Daily.

2012 January nervous breakdown symptoms. Source unrecognized. Withdrawal symptoms.

2012 May stopped Ativan cold turkey. Severe wd symptoms occurred by end of month.

2012 July 21st 50MG of Pristiq

2013 February 5 week increase to 100MG

2013 March tapered down from 100MG to 50MG in 2 weeks.

2013 March 27th first day of alternate day taper of 50mg to 0mg.

2013 March 13th first 2

2013 April 26th first 3

2013 May 1 first 4-day

2013 May 18th Last 50MG of Pristiq. Ever. Entirely drug free.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you, beconscious.  Your story will inspire and help others on this forum. I hope you'll continue to post here and let us know how you're doing.

beconscious' Intro here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4103-beconscious-greetings-all/

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

• Administrator

beconscious, was there anything in particular that helped you bear the symptoms?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Benconscious, this is fantastic!

The only way out is through.

Aug 2013 - Augmentin leading to akathisia

Sept-Nov 2013 - Citalopram 20mg, severe reaction, off at 5mg. Valium 4mg, prn

Oct 2013 - 5 zopiclone tablets, 7.5mg

End Nov 2013-end Feb 2014, Seroquel, top dose 150mg, off at 25mg

End Nov 2013-early march 2014, Zoloft 100mg top dose, off at 25mg

End Dec-2013-early April 2014, lorazepam 1mg prn

April 3rd 2014 zoloft 5mg for a few days. 18/4/14 - zoloft, 1mg. Came off at 0.35 mg,14th June 2014

29 June 2014 - 1mg lorazepam, last ever

29 June 2014 - med free

Thank you, very inspiring!!

4 years aprox. on 150mgs.Effexor for situational major depression.No AD before.
Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months.

Tapered Quetiapine,Xanax in the last 18 months.NO med of any kind anymore.
First 3 months off acute w/d
Protracted w/d ever since.
Symptoms:Anxiety,anhedonia,insomnia,tinnitus,PSSD

04/13/2014 Awful Relapse.Recovered fairly fast.

3 years and 4 months off.

waves and windows.Very much recovered.

November 2015,health issue.Setback.

The one thought that really helped me endure the symptoms was that I was ending the relationship with Benzos. I told myself that for every tough day and for the strength it took to just sit in this jail passing the time - that the effort meant I would get stronger. The symptoms were my brains way of calling out for Benzos and I was determined to deprive the brain knowing that I was 1 day further away from that hole. It was satisfaction through self torture.

2011 Fall Began Attempting to Come off Ativan 1 week taper as advised by doctor. Increase to 1mg Daily.

2012 January nervous breakdown symptoms. Source unrecognized. Withdrawal symptoms.

2012 May stopped Ativan cold turkey. Severe wd symptoms occurred by end of month.

2013 March 13th first 2

2013 April 26th first 3

2013 May 1 first 4-day

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for sharing your success story BC, it's inspiring to see how you have come through the 

nightmare of withdrawal. I love how you painted this picture, if that doesn't discourage people from

ever taking a benzo, nothing will! 

""" I invite any doubters to simply ask their doctor for a prescription citing that 'they're not feeling well, and somewhat anxious from time to time". Take that prescription home, look at yourself in the mirror as you down the first dose and say goodbye to the person you know.  Proceed to take that small does of Ativan for the next 48 months or so and observe as your mind and your body undoes itself.  Then scour the internet in painful desperation looking for answers and wondering which way is up? If I have that coffee, or eat that bread, or bacon - will I suffer? Will I feel that wave of suffering tomorrow, and for how long might it last?""

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• 1 month later...

Apart from a sudden wave (MSG Induced over a month ago) all continues to be well.

Air Travel has always been particularly difficult and has been one of the most important stress tests (for me) that demonstrates my healing. This past week I had to fly for work again (4 hours each way). The experience had no discernible affect on me. Hardly any detectable nervousness or difficulty at all - and my 2nd flight medicine free in over 12 years.

It's as though the stress that we experience is very good exercise for our CNS and adrenals and it's truly amazing to see how our bodies pick up the ability to remain calm.

Hope you are all getting well, as I know you are. :)

2013 March 13th first 2

2013 April 26th first 3

2013 May 1 first 4-day

• Administrator

be, I moved your post here to keep your progress in one place.

Those are excellent observations. Yes, it seems our nervous systems do better with some challenges, as long as we don't overdo it.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 3 months later...

It has been about 4 months since my last 'blip'. I wont even call it a wave as I consider myself to be healed, now, and the cause was MSG related.  I wanted to check in and say hello to you all.  Feeling just fine.  Staying away from MSG has been a real help.

2013 March 13th first 2

2013 April 26th first 3

2013 May 1 first 4-day

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi BC, thanks for updating. It is brilliant that you are staying well and that your last wave was just a blip  :)

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• 1 month later...

Hi BC.....this is my first post and I felt compelled to write to you. I am currently living the nightmare you describe in your post. I've been withdrawing from Ativan for the last 10 months and it's nothing short of a miracle that I'm still hanging on. I've successfully tapered from 2mg to .36mg and hope to be benzo-free in the next couple of months. This is a frightening, all encompassing and isolating experience and I have somehow managed to keep my job and family intact. I struggle every single day. Some days more than others. My biggest fear at this point is tapering off my remaining SSRI (Paxil) after this. I see that you were able to taper off Pristique about a year after your benzo withdrawal. Is there any helpful hints you can give me? Did you taper it slowly? Thank you for your success story.

2001 - Zyban/Wellbutrin to quit smoking. Quit c/t and suffered with terrible anxiety/panic attacks/agoraphobia. No prior history of mental health issues. Went to see a pdoc, "diagnosed" with GAD/Panic Disorder and put on 10mg Paxil.
2007 - over the years dose raised to 60mg (about 6 months) but mostly 5 years at 40mg.
2008-2010 - numerous attempts to "taper", always too fast. Couldn't handle the symptoms so believed I "needed" meds.
Late 2011 - found PaxilProgress and realized what was happening. But had just made a large drop from 40mg to 20mg. Updosed to 30mg and held for 6 months to stabilize. Prescribed Ativan PRN for breakthrough panic while stabilizing.
Dec 2013 - down to 15mg tapering 10% per month with compounded capsules
Jan 2014 - hospitalized for a leg injury and prescribed 2mg Ativan DAILY as a (leg) muscle relaxer and to sleep. Horrific w/d after leaving hospital. Reinstated and began a taper. Paxil taper on hold.
Aug 2015 - FREE of Benzo's. 15mg Paxil

Thank you BE! It gave hope to every one here still seeking a way out and suffering very badly. Hope you continue doing great and enjoy fullest of life can offer!

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

beconscious, THANK YOU FOR THIS STORY!

You will see from my signature that I am also suffering MS-like symptoms.  I hear some people refer to it as tardive dyskinesia, or dystonia, or Parkinsonism, or myoclonic jerks, or akathisia.  Whatever it's all called, the point is that I have all of it, badly.  

Especially worried because my jaw is so stiff and my throat muscles are so stiff that I can only swallow soft foods.  I am fighting to keep up my body weight.

I keep getting sad because I don't see people talking about TCAs and MS-like symptoms.  Ativan is an intermittent part of my story, too.  I suspect my symptoms are more from the TCAs than the Ativan, because I was on the TCAs more consistently and longer than the Ativan.  But who's to know?

I'm just happy that there is a light at the end of the tunnel for these particular symptoms.  I want to be a success story like you.       

*I'm not a doctor and don't give medical advice, just personal experience
**Off all meds since Nov. 2014. Mentally & emotionally recovered; physically not
-Dual cold turkeys off TCA & Ativan in Oct 2014. Prescribed from 2011-2014

-All meds were Rxed off-label for an autoimmune illness.  It was a MISDIAGNOSIS, but I did not find out until AFTER meds caused damage.  All med tapers/cold turkeys directed by doctors 

-Nortriptyline May 2012 - Dec 2013. Cold turkey off nortrip & cold switched to desipramine

-Desipramine Jan 2014 - Oct. 29, 2014 (rapid taper/cold turkey)

-Lorazepam 1 mg per night during 2011
-Lorazepam 1 mg per month in 2012 (or less)

-Lorazepam on & off, Dec 2013 through Aug 2014. Didn't exceed 3x a week

-Lorazepam again in Oct. 2014 to help get off of desipramine. Last dose lzpam was 1 mg, Nov. 2, 2014. Immediate paradoxical reactions to benzos after stopping TCAs 

-First muscle/dystonia side effects started on nortriptyline, but docs too stupid to figure it out. On desipramine, muscle tremors & rigidity worsened

-Two weeks after I got off all meds, I developed full-blown TD.  Tardive dystonia, dyskinesia, myoclonic jerks ALL over body, ribcage wiggles, facial tics, twitching tongue & fingers, tremors/twitches of arms, legs, cognitive impairment, throat muscles semi-paralyzed & unable to swallow solid food, brain zaps, ears ring, dizzy, everything looks too far away, insomnia, numbness & electric shocks everywhere when I try to fall asleep, jerk awake from sleep with big, gasping breaths, wake with terrors & tremors, severely depressed.  NO HISTORY OF DEPRESSION, EVER. Meds CREATED it.

-Month 7: hair falling out; no vision improvement; still tardive dystonia; facial & tongue tics returned
-Month 8: back to acute, incl. Grand Mal seizure-like episodes. New mental torment, PGAD, worse insomnia
-Month 9: tardive dystonia worse, dyskinesia returned. Unable to breathe well due to dystonia in stomach, chest, throat
-Month 13: Back to acute, brain zaps back, developed eczema & stomach problems. Left leg no longer works right due to dystonia, meaning both legs now damaged
-7 years off: Huge improvements, incl. improved dystonia

• 1 month later...

Just a quick mid-winter update and I promise to reach out to you who have replied and ask questions. Life is trucking along firing on all cylinders. Another winter of Seasinal Affective Disorder but my blue light and serotonin boosting foods really make a difference. One serious fatigue event in late December where I panicked and got checked out by urgent care. I forget sometimes how long it took me to get here and that occasionally I find a ceiling in my energy level. I'm hoping - my aim - is for winter SAD to diminish year over year. It's possible that I had it through my chronic stages of recovery but it was mild that I only detect it now.

Al is well, though, and my less than optimal energy is probibly just owing to being mid 30s more than anything else.

Hang in there all of you. Rest, and as I usually say - please be gentle with yourselves for now. You will definitely improve.

2013 March 13th first 2

2013 April 26th first 3

2013 May 1 first 4-day

• 9 months later...

I wonder how you deal with SAD now?

CD off meds in July 2015, not on any medication since. Went through WD nightmare, now dealing with normal anxiety, but decided not to leave this forum yet because I want to support and give hope to others. ♡

• 6 months later...

Be conscious, thank you for this post. It helps me so much. Really. Please can I ask you, did it take 2 years to recover in total,from both? I was in Zoloft for 3months,c/t and had seziures. Was put on ativan, for 3weeks, a high dose, made everything 1000tims worse. Have had 11weeks of hell. However I am wondering how long it will take before I am me again. I would so be happy it if were within 2 years. I would love that. Also, I am on Prozac now, I was suggested to take it to help with ativan withdrawal, I want to taper off but I, not sure when the right time to do so would be. Should I stay in for another 4 months to make it 6months in total and then taper for 6 months ? I would so appreciate your help!!!! All my info is in my signature . Kind regards Claire

I was on Zoloft for 3 months.(nov to jan 2016) 1 day I accidentally took 2. Stopped c/t the following week. I had panic attacks, muscle twitches and then so tarted seizuring very bad. Was prescribed ativan for the seizuring . Was on Titan for 10 days,off for 3, then another 10 days. Mad things worse. C/t ativan . Had non-epileptic fits. Went to a clinic. Was prescribed lexapro (upped from 2.5mg to 20mg) . Made me more anxious and did not help with ativan withdrawal . Stopped after a month. Tried Zoloft for a week again (in desperate need of anything to alleviate hellish ativan withdrawal). Made it worse. Stopped. Did not want to be on any medication . Was suggested to take Lorien. Been on for 30 days. Want to wean off as it is making me more anxious I think,and not sure if it did helping with ativan withdrawal . Still currently in ativan withdrawal (dp/dr, detachment from reality, anhedonia, tight pressure head, burning sensations on skin, tight ears, deep depression, loss of self).

• 2 weeks later...

I completely understand the Ativan withdrawal. I was only on for a few months- I hit tolerance fairly quickly. But I too tried a too rapid a taper. I went back and tapered 'properly'  and that was a hell in of itself. It's good to know that the crap I'm going through will eventually pass. Thank you for your suggestion- one day at a time.

1)Zoloft- 6/99 to 8/04 2)Escitalopram- 8/04 to 8/10 3)Citalopram 8/10 to 4/14 (C/T), 4)Paxil a week or so, 5)Wellbutrin a week or so, 6)Reinstated Citalopram- 9/14 to 7/15

Before Taper- Celexa/20 mg....Taper Start- 04/21/15- 15mg....05/26/15- 10 mg...06/22/15- 5 mg...07/18/15- 0mg. http://tinyurl.com/qjfoqe9 Ativan/Lorazepam use/taper 10/14 to 2/15- http://tinyurl.com/ljebp84

Baclofen- Intermittent use of from 2008 till 2014. Some use of Promethazine. Some use of Zofran. Clobetasol Propionate- for Lichen Planus. Some Flexeril use. 

Ativan- GABA,A receptor Agonist., Baclofen- GABA,B receptor Agonist., Celexa/Lexapro- Serotonin 5-HT1A Receptor Agonist., Zofran- Serotonin 5-HT3 Receptor Agonist..Promethazine- Histamine H1-Receptor Antagonist. Flexeril- Serotonin 5HT2a Antagonist.

My self imposed Amino Acid Therapy: Tyrosine 500mg 1xday, Theanine 200 mg 1xday, & Taurine 500 mg 2x day. (All neurotransitter pre-cursors)- seems to have helped me immensely. And of course- eating healthy, including Black Beans for the oligosaccharides for gut health.

The attempt to develop a sense of humor and to see things in a humorous light is some kind of trick learned while mastering the Art of Living. - Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning.

• 3 weeks later...

BC,

Thank you for your inspiring story and I am so very happy for you that you have recovered and are moving on with your life my friend...I wish you only the best!

Ben

On zoloft since 2000 for OCD/anxiety. Tapered off from 150mg to 100, 50, 25 over Dec/Jan 2015. After month n half off, began depression. Being terrified, as I never had depression before, after a few days, went back to 50mg, then five days later to 100mg. Now stable. I will stop this medication, with time and perseverance...my current taper level and timing are as follows, which includes No other Rx's, No alcohol, NEVER any illicit drugs:

84mg from October 2016

82mg from February 2017

79mg from April 2017

77mg from June 2017

75mg from July 2017

"Yesterday is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, Today is a Gift." - Eleanor Roosevelt

"Forces beyond your control can take away everything you possess except one thing, your freedom to choose how you will respond to the situation." - Viktor Frankl

Hi. Congrats on your recovery. Can you possibly share some of your symptoms along the way? You mentioned MS like symptoms. Can you be more specific? It would be helpful to those of us who are looking for recovery stories to see if there is a possible end to our pain.

Lexapro: started in 2002 at 10 mgs.

Ambien: started as a as needed sleep aid in 2010.

Quit Lexapro cold turkey in June 20015 due to contributing to low sodium issues.

Restarted Lexapro in late November for a week (only 5 mgs) but quit due to dizziness side effects. Side effects worsened for 3 weeks until

12/24/15: Protracted WD hit, experienced extreme anxiety, insomnia lack of full concentration and social challenges.

Reinstated Lexapro on 1/1/16 at 5 mgs. Increased per Dr to 7.5 MG. Tapered off Lexapro in March 2016.

Started 50MG of Seroquel in late January 2016 for bedtime to help in eliminate Ambien. Tapered off both Seroquel and Ambien in March 2016.

2/14/16: Prescribed both Remeron (15 MG) and Temazapam (15 MG) for sleep. Also use Klonopin and Ambien again in place of Temazapam to avoid addiction. However I did take Temazapam 60 straight days

6/15/16: Stopped use of all benzo's and now use Belsomra 1-2 times a week. Still on 15 MG of Remeron

10/11/16: Off all psych medications

After kindling, trying to regain my strength suffering from severe mental and physical fatigue.

• 2 years later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi there,

The staff at SA are wondering how you are.  We'd love to hear how you are doing now.   Would you mind dropping by and giving an update?

Thanks.

CC

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management