SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Dr. Yolande Lucire: Adverse Reactions to Psychiatric Drugs

Wolfhound

• Moderator Emeritus

Article by Dr Lucire , just published.

"Pharmacological Iatrogenesis: Substance/Medication-Induced Disorders That Masquerade as Mental Illness"

Received date: Nov 26, 2015; Accepted date: Jan 15, 2016; Published date: Jan 22, 2016

Abstract:

Introduction: This paper addresses the epidemiological consequences of not teaching prescribers and patients what they need to know about human distress and adverse effects of medications.

Materials and Methods: Published data available in the public arena revealed increased morbidity, demand for care and costs, increased youth and adult suicides and homicides within taxpayer-funded Mental Health Services in New South Wales and increased disability and requirement for support. The origins of the dominant mental health care paradigm of the antidepressant era were identified in multiple forms: fraudulent promotion, biased education by drug companies, captured regulators, institutional ideologies, ghost-written clinical practice guidelines, poor quality product information and drug approval procedures that ensured neither safety nor efficacy.

Misreported clinical trial data for new antidepressants and atypical antipsychotics revealed undisclosed suicides, deaths and drop-outs in clinical trials demonstrating lack of safety and efficacy.

Results: There have been increases in costs, demand, morbidity, suicide, homicide, deaths and disability under mental health care consistent with known adverse effects of medication. The background of some 600 cases of adverse drug reactions causing hospital admissions, suicides, violence confirmed that the epidemic comprised of adverse effects of medications.

95% were persons were misdiagnosed with mental illnesses after medication and 5 percent had mental illnesses before. Both groups had adverse drug reactions.

Discussion: Information about safety and efficacy has been manipulated in favor of the pseudo-scientific ideology of the pharmaceutical industry. There was a pill for every ill and another for each side effect Regulators and governments remain in denial although this public health problem is in plain sight and in the public arena. Misinformation has resulted in prescribing practices that produced an epidemic of akathisia-related suicide and homicide as well as substance/medication-induced conditions mimicking the mental illnesses that the drugs were supposed to cure or prevent.

Article can be found here:  http://www.omicsonline.org/open-access/pharmacological-iatrogenesis-substancemedicationinduced-disordersthat-masquerade-as-mental-illness-2161-1165-1000217.pdf

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Oh my goodness ...Yolanda Lucire is The Best !! Brilliant title.

I can't believe that something like this is accepted for publishing Healy has had many articles about trying to highlight adverse effects declined .

Great stuff.

I think this should go in the journals thread as well.

Thanks for posting this.

I really hope that it can trigger some change for good.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Well I printed out and have read the Lucire article.

I don't know if she has a proof- reader but she could certainly do with one.

I'm more than happy to offer my services free of charge in the future.

To be honest it was getting very embarrassing the number of grammatical/spelling errors, just look at reference 62 on the spelling of P Gotzsche.....Tzsch P.

Anyway that's my only gripe.

Here are some of my choice gleanings...

Hanging is the most common method of suicide in those suffering from akathisia.

Between 1993 and 2001, suicide numbers in the mental health care tripled. Hospitalisations for suicide attempts in NSW increased threefold.

In 2013 police in New South Wales received 38,000 mental health related callouts for suicidality and violence.

Intra-family homicides are reported almost daily in the press. They are attributed to mental illness but examination shows that mental illness was very rarely in evidence before medication.

The number of Australian veterans committing suicide reached three times the number killed in Afghanistan.

There was actually one sentence I didn't like in this article, and it was this "the drugs can be effective in persons suffering serious depression, provided that doses are adjusted according to their ability to metabolise them normally and there is an formed monitoring."

In 2003 Healy and Whittaker reviewed many epidmiological studies and the clinical trials that had been represented to the US FDA for the licensing of antidepressants.

They found on follow-up studies, and studies in the community and on information from morgues all of which disclosed that the population that was taking antidepressants, or had just stopped taking them, committed or attempted suicide at a rate that ranged between twice and infinitely more times than the same population taking placebos or not using medication at all.

By 2003 and many times since, the  proposition that 'SSRIs induce suicide' passed the scientific standard of proof in scores of epidemiological  studies and also in American courtrooms. The trials presented for approval had selected out nearly 400 antidepressant trials whose raw data was later reviewed in detail by the Cochrane collaboration and others. The undisclosed trials had failed to show either safety or efficacy and had revealed substantial numbers of suicides and related behaviours both on active substance and in withdrawal.

1000 new secure mental health beds were built in New South Wales alone to accommodate this new epidemic.

Most of those who had stopped taking antidepressants made a full but slow recovery from akathisia; some developed chronic, and some developed delayed post withdrawal akathisia weeks and months after stopping the medicines  and withdrawal akathisia which went on for years was the hardest to manage and reverse. Many remained physically disabled and felt weak and remained on disability support. Suicidal and homicidal ideation both sometimes persisted for months after withdrawal. When a subject understood its cause and saw that it was decreasing in intensity, it was less dangerous and easier to tolerate. Sometimes suicidality developed for the first time when a dose was missed and when the subject tried to stop taking the drugs.

Why are we not taking this on board and funding more psychology and psychiatric treatments or detoxification clinics?

But without doubt, the major problem that needs to be addressed by relevant authorities is the manner in which drugs are prescribed, for conditions for which they have not been approved, which they cannot change, in huge doses and with interacting polypharmacy.

When the FDA published its 2004 advisory, the first for adults but fifth for children, the American psychiatric Association immediately issued warnings about suicide induction by antidepressants. The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of psychiatrists refused saying "we're not convinced" The RANZCP remains unconvinced, and supports its clinical practice guidelines which do not warn of catastrophic adverse effects and are not even consistent with each drug's product information.

Journalist Robert Whittaker via the freedom of information act gained access to FDA data on the drug trials for the atypicals risperidone quetiapine olanzapine. Whittaker found that one in every 145 patients who entered the trials died, and yet those deaths were never mentioned in the scientific literature.

One in every 35 patients in risperidone trials experienced a serious adverse event defined by the FDA as a life-threatening event or one that required hospitalisation.

Most malpractice does not fall within the categories of having acted against the medical code, incompetent performance or dereliction out of greed or laziness, but most damage occurs in the ordinary practice of well-trained men and woman who have learned to bow to prevailing professional judgement and procedure, even though they know, or could or should know, what damage they do.

It is in the realms of the unthinkable that good people can stand by and see this public health catastrophe and do nothing.

It is a legitimate question to ask why taxpayers are still subsidising the irresponsible use of antidepressants and atypical antipsychotics which increased deaths and suicides and their precursor states by 2 to 6 fold over placebo in the best clinical trials that their makers could produce. Or multiplied suicidality 11 fold in the case of paroxetine for children or fourfold for sertraline. That no suicides occurred in a trial of antidepressants suggests only that clinical trial subjects were warned of the risk, according to the Nuremberg protocols for research subjects and those persons who became suicidal were withdrawn. Suicide should not occur in practice if patients are warned and watched. This does not happen in the community, as prescribers have not been advised how poorly these drugs were tolerated and how many subjects had been withdrawn and could not complete trials.

A medical board has determined that medications and doses that had caused people to commit suicide and homicides were  'standard psychiatric treatmen't even when the consequence had been fatal. Akathisia cases were not investigated or given any credit. Coroners sitting on five cases of antidepressant – akathisia – related suicides brought before them refused to hear this evidence. Yet the harm done is in plain sight.

Yolander  finishes with a great example from the Holocaust.

Introducing his book about reasons that our brains cannot, accommodate climate change, George Marshall tells of the Polish resistance fighter Jan Karski who gave eyewitness testimony to the Supreme Court judge Felix Frankfurter in 1942. Supported by the Polish ambassador, he reported the clearing of the Warsaw ghetto and the systematic murder of Polish Jews in the Belzac concentration camp. Listening to him  Frankfurter, himself a Jew, and one of the outstanding legal minds of his generation replied, "I must be frank, I am unable to believe him." He added, "I did not say this young man is lying. I said I am unable to believe him. There is a difference".

This raises the issue of our ability to separate what we know from what we believe, to put aside the things that seem too painful or embarrassing to accept. How is it possible when presented with overwhelming evidence, even the evidence of our own eyes, that we can deliberately ignore something – while being entirely aware that this is what we're doing? The magnitude and enormity of the lethal nature of Pharma driven biological psychiatry is too painful to tolerate but it cannot go on forever.

Yolanda concludes with: a petition needs to go all around the world asking for the signatures of those who have lost loved ones or have had their lives and reputations destroyed.

............//.......

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Moderator Emeritus

Great work nz , thankyou.   I'll mention the typos - I always envisioned myself as a proof-reader  :D .

It's staggering when we see the figures displayed so bluntly:

"Between 1993 and 2001, suicide numbers in the mental health care tripled. Hospitalisations for suicide attempts in NSW increased threefold.

In 2013 police in New South Wales received 38,000 mental health related callouts for suicidality and violence.

Intra-family homicides are reported almost daily in the press. They are attributed to mental illness but examination shows that mental illness was very rarely in evidence before medication."

With respect to the sentence you didn't like ,  Yola doesn't deny the existence of mental illness.

"95% were persons were misdiagnosed with mental illnesses after medication and 5 percent had mental illnesses before."

She suggests that a true assessment cannot be done without looking at what was pre-existing before medication was introduced.

How do you feel about organizing a petition nz11?

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

[*]At 15 years was put on 50mg of Zoloft for generalized anxiety and panic disorder.

[*]2006 Tried to withdrawal from 50mg . Doctor told me I would have no trouble. I tampered over about a month (50mg-0) which left me with severe and debilitating withdrawal symptoms. Doctors put my dose up to 75mg mistaking my withdrawal symptoms as a relapse. Stayed on Zoloft 75mg since 2006.

March 2015- adverse reaction between Zoloft (75mg) an antibiotic and anti nausea drug resulting in debilitating symptoms/recovery identical to withdrawal. Have not altered or changed dose since 2006.

• Moderator Emeritus

NJJ wrote:  

BTW, if there is anyone from Brisbane, Dr Lucire recommended a dr but I forgot to ask if she knows about withdrawal. 

Names please?

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Yeah Fresh you should definitely offer your proof reading services to Yolanda. There must have been something like 15 howlers in that article .

A petition sounds like a good idea but i dont know. 

Many victims and families dont even think they are victims they think they have a mental illness and blah blah blah it runs in the family blah blah blah...ive lost the stomach for trying to be an evangelist....'what do you know you are not a doctor' blag blah  blah...

When we have a situation where victims seem to be totally unable to write a letter of complaint/concern... unable to push back against the power imbalance of their white coated religion ....even informed victims seem incapable of doing this they dont want to 'rock the boat'  so i dont know what will do it.

Recovering paxil addict

Jan carol

Dr Georgiana antoce

Chermside 15 Wallace street

[*]At 15 years was put on 50mg of Zoloft for generalized anxiety and panic disorder.

[*]2006 Tried to withdrawal from 50mg . Doctor told me I would have no trouble. I tampered over about a month (50mg-0) which left me with severe and debilitating withdrawal symptoms. Doctors put my dose up to 75mg mistaking my withdrawal symptoms as a relapse. Stayed on Zoloft 75mg since 2006.

March 2015- adverse reaction between Zoloft (75mg) an antibiotic and anti nausea drug resulting in debilitating symptoms/recovery identical to withdrawal. Have not altered or changed dose since 2006.

“Some developed delayed post withdrawal akathisia weeks and months after stopping their medicines and withdrawal akathisia which went on for years. Many remained physically disabled and felt weak and remained on disability support. Suicidal and homicidal ideations persisted for months.”                 Lucire, 2016.

To say akathisia went on for years is by defn to say that suicidal ideations went on for years, so personally id have said 'persisted for years' instead of 'persisted for months'

Lucire use the Aussie sporting ethos ...when you have the foot on the throat don't take it off !! I cant help but feel you took the foot off the throat there.

I think i have read this article about 4 times now.

nz11

A Lucire fan!

Recovering paxil addict

“Some developed delayed post withdrawal akathisia weeks and months after stopping their medicines and withdrawal akathisia which went on for years. Many remained physically disabled and felt weak and remained on disability support. Suicidal and homicidal ideations persisted for months.”                 Lucire, 2016.

To say akathisia went on for years is by defn to say that suicidal ideations went on for years, so personally id have said 'persisted for years' instead of 'persisted for months'

Lucire use the Aussie sporting ethos ...when you have the foot on the throat don't take it off !! I cant help but feel you took the foot off the throat there.

I think i have read this article about 4 times now.

nz11

A Lucire fan!

I agree.

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

Thanks btdt.

I actually am very appreciative of Lucire for this bodacious statement.

“Some developed delayed post withdrawal akathisia weeks and months after stopping their medicines and withdrawal akathisia which went on for years. Many remained physically disabled and felt weak and remained on disability support. Suicidal and homicidal ideations persisted ....”                 Lucire, 2016.

I havent read as widely as others but i have done a little bit of reading and i have to say that this is the first time i think i have ever seen this acknowledged and stated so specifically. ie people are left damaged and disabled due to drug wdl.with suicidal ideations persisting for some time...

(dont know why lucire uses the word 'medicines' ,the word medicines for me triggers a  thought of doing something useful....)

btdt you are widely read have you ever seen this acknowledgement anywhere else? In terms of acknowledging the akathisia can go on for years, that people are left weak and unemployable. Thats exactly how it is.

Recovering paxil addict

• 3 months later...

My mind is not my own just yet when it comes to remember things but my instinct say Grace E.Jackson has something about this in her books or online I can't recall which... stupid memory.  I could barely read the books when the library got them as I could not focus my eyes I kept waiting for it to clear before I had to send the books back it did not clear.  Her books are in great demand here so I could not renew them as other people were waiting for them. I wish I knew who those other people were.  I did notice some one had done extensive writing in one of them and left a lot of post it papers behind... likely they think as  well as I do. 

Had a car accident in 85
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

Because I am so far into this and want to understand it I can't let this go... 

"Stress syndromes:

• They develop a life of their own and may persist for months or years after the original drug has been removed.'

Seems Healy is trying to start a new language to say the same thing... Yolande says... her way is more clear and obvious to me so far I like it better... I think it feels to me to be more connected to the drug... why we need a new system is not clear to me.. 

the above is from this paragraph

"We need some new words to describe the problems the mood-stabilizers, steroids and other drugs can cause.

This has led us to the idea of a stress syndrome.

Stress syndromes can be distinguished from side-effects:

• They don’t appear immediately.
  • They may first appear or be most obvious on stopping treatment.
  • They may disappear on re-starting or increasing the dose of treatment — conventional side effects do just the opposite.
  • They develop a life of their own and may persist for months or years after the original drug has been removed.
  • They may be sufficiently severe to produce a situation of enforced compliance.
  • Stress syndromes may be more uncomfortable and dangerous than opiate withdrawal.

Tardive dyskinesia is the archetypal stress syndrome. But there are also tardive dystonia, tardive akathisia and tardive dysthymia states following mood-stabilizer and antidepressant use.

Stress syndromes may come in the form of rebound, stress, or legacy effects."

from this link

http://rxisk.org/medicine-induced-stress-syndromes/

Maybe he is trying to clean it up so pharma will be less reactive to it.. and not go against him ... after what pharma has done to me I am more apt to go with the foot on throat idea Yolande has... could be I am just vengeful... or it could be when I see all this wilfully induced pain.. and suffering.. I cannot not contain my rage... not very lady like is it. I do not think women were made to be lady like I think we were built to protect our kids and out families and many too many have been hurt already.. ok I am on a tangent.. you don't need it and it is likely not good for me either as it goes nowhere... no throats yet. 

peace

ps 

I did not read it all as I am resistant to the concept from the get go or I am not thinking well enough to do the gymnastics it would require... so I could be all wet yet again... what is your take on it?

pps 

I did see it some time in the past .. I don't know when lately I have increased issue with memory and ticks sort of movement issues... shaking arm and leg which seem to be changing now as in a power surge I am going to talk about it now in symptoms section. 

peace

Had a car accident in 85

• 1 year later...

I understand that people that have severe adverse reactions can lack an enzyme to properly break down the medication, but does Dr. Lucile say anything about those who have had a severe adverse reaction to the same drug one previously tolerated in the past?

Why can these drugs go paradoxical after being off for a length of time and trying to get back on?

2011-2014: 25-50mg Zoloft then CT via doctors advice. Some mild physical sx but fully functioning, unaware that withdrawal was a thing. Dr didn’t know why I was chronically dizzy with brain fog & advised to try Zoloft again.

2016: severe adverse reactions to Zoloft (1 dose), Paxil (3 weeks), celexa (2 weeks), buspar (1 dose), lamictal (4 doses). Ativan 12 times within a month. Also tried Xanax & klonopin a couple times. Each reaction became more severe. Kindled. Became disabled from these meds.

Drug free 12-16-2016
Month 1-20: +5% healing every month
Month 21- present: setback to acute from amoxicillin antibiotic (1 dose)
Month 32- 11 months into setback from antibiotic. Seems I was floxed by amoxicillin somehow. Horrific.

I'm curious about waiting12's question too. That's what happened to me. I had many okay months on Prozac interrupted by random bouts of akathisia until the most recent one that hasn't let up.

Aug-Dec 2015 Prozac 20mg / Dec 2015-Feb 2016 Prozac 15mg / Feb 2016-May2016 Prozac 20mg

May 2016-June 2016 15mg

June 2016-August 2016 10mg

October 2016-January 2017 15mg, alternating agitation/akathisia sets in --> cold turkey

January 2017 Clonazepam .5mg 

February 2017 Clonazepam 1mg (for a week) then .5mg morning and .25mg evening for about a month. Came down to .25mg morning and evening. 

May 1, 2017 Clonazepam .25mg morning and .125mg evening. // May 20, 2017 Clonazepam .25mg morning and .0625 evening (.3125 total).

early June .28125 // early mid june .25mg // mid june .21875 // late june .1875 // early july .15625 // early mid july .125 

mid july .09375mg // late july .0625 //early August 2017 down to .03125mg once a day, hopped off in mid August

reinstated at .0625mg late August // Oct 16 - updose to .07mg and switch to oral Rosemont solution

Nov 17 2017 reinstate Prozac .5mg // Nov 21 2017 prozac 1.6mg // Dec 18 2017  3mg prozac / fast taper off the reinstatement -- probably completely off early Oct 2018

June 2019 begin tapering off .07mg Clonazepam, Finish taper December 2019

I certainly don't have the answer to your good question but heres a thought...

No one has any idea what these drugs are actually doing to the body and its processes and balances. They have hundreds of side effects known and unknown.

These drugs cause severe stress to the cns or put it another way they have chemically assaulted our body. There are direct toxic effects and there are wdl reactions.

What if wdl symptoms even those that appear to be minor in nature actually cause (very serious) injury to brain cells and other organs. By the way this has not been adequately researched. You can bet pharma have no interest in this research. 

This might seem like a crude analogy but like  a punch drunk boxer who decides to fight just one more time after a break its the next punch that crystallizes the damage.

Many people find that past first experience on these chemicals is no predictor of future experience. 

Recovering paxil addict

"You can bet pharma have no interest in this research."

pharma may know

morethanwethinkthey don't havetotellusthepastprovesthat.

open their vaults....we..may..be...surprised.

Had a car accident in 85

• 4 years later...

Has anyone had any recent contact with  Dr Lucire ? 

Remeron 15mg for 1 day in July '21,  then 7.5mg for 6days ending 30 July 21.   Immediate ADR. Went to ER several times, including ICU stay. Dealing with headaches, headpressure, tinnitus, hyperacusis, arm weakness, panic attack like feelings ever since.

No more drugs since, just vitamins Magnesium L-Threonate & Glycinate, fish oil , curcumin , ubiquinol, acetyl L Carnitine and alpha-lipoid acid, vitamin d3, vitamin k2 as mk7, and an overall men’s multi-vit.  Though I'm mainly just using magnesium since 2022. 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy