joy2730

joy2730: withdrawing from citalopram

joy2730

My drop of 2 days ago has started to take effect.  I was totally exhausted yesterday and now today.  Have started to feel.cold and a bit dizzy with a headache and felt sick this morning but it is not too bad really.    

Clearly I am sensitive to citalopram but I also feel more alert.

Joy

Frogie
6 minutes ago, joy2730 said:

My drop of 2 days ago has started to take effect.  I was totally exhausted yesterday and now today.  Have started to feel.cold and a bit dizzy with a headache and felt sick this morning but it is not too bad really.    

Joy

I'm sorry you are having side effects. Maybe take a Phenergran and crawl under a nice warm blanket.

But im glad you feel more alert.

Take care,

Frogie xx

joy2730

I am.under a duvet right now.  My phenergan make me drowsy so I am going to take a half tonight - but yes that will.be good.  I can't take one just now as I am.looking after my grand daughter.

These antidepressants really do affect me so strongly. 

Hope are you today Frogie?

Joy

Frogie
16 minutes ago, joy2730 said:

I am.under a duvet right now.  My phenergan make me drowsy so I am going to take a half tonight - but yes that will.be good.  I can't take one just now as I am.looking after my grand daughter.

These antidepressants really do affect me so strongly. 

Hope are you today Frogie?

Joy

They make me drowsy too. Just take 1/2 and go to bed when you are done with your wonderful granddaughter.

I'm doing ok today thanks

Take care,

Frogie xx

Dalalea
1 hour ago, joy2730 said:

Joy

Hang in there Joy, and keep fighting! It will pass as I'm sure you already know. It's amazing that such a seemingly small drop can cause so many symptoms!

Praying the symptoms let up soon!

Dalalea

joy2730
2 hours ago, Dalalea said:

Hang in there Joy, and keep fighting! It will pass as I'm sure you already know. It's amazing that such a seemingly small drop can cause so many symptoms!

Praying the symptoms let up soon!

Dalalea

Yes Dalalea I was not this sensitive before but I have made many attempts to reduce before and messed up my taper every time.  I was relatively OK going from 30 to 20 it is after 20 I get symptoms.  I would love to get to 15 as my weight and mind are better at 15 but even that seems a long way away.

I will post tomorrow.  Yes my body noticed every little drop - I can't imagine a runny nose but I suppose the other symptoms could be psychological.  Also having a clearer mind is not psychological.   Later on after many weeks after a drop things usually suddenly get worse for me and apparently that is not common.  My doctor says each taper I try will be exactly the same.  The only reason I keep trying was because I got myself off diazepam with no support and no Internet and I tried a thousand times to give that up and eventually managed it and never looked back.

Joy

joy2730

Good news today and yesterday - no withdrawal symptoms - I am not sleeping but that is not withdrawal - I am just full of thoughts about family matters.  Did my pilates spinning swimming and sauna last night but didn't push too hard.

Joy 

Frogie
5 hours ago, joy2730 said:

Good news today and yesterday - no withdrawal symptoms - I am not sleeping but that is not withdrawal - I am just full of thoughts about family matters.  Did my pilates spinning swimming and sauna last night but didn't push too hard.

Joy 

Good news Joy.

And all that exercise. Awesome.

Take care,

Frogie xx

joy2730

Hi

Good news I have no withdrawal symptoms right now and slept well last night.  I still feel I have paradoxical weight gain but I also know my eating is disorganised so I may not actually have paradoxical weight gain at all.

I have been having trouble with my family relationships the farm and my son taking over and had thought my husband and I might get divorced as we can't agree on certain matters.  However yesterday my husband and I  went to a funeral together and we had a lovely time together and I realised I love him a lot still  - but when we returned home to the farm the trouble just hit back in.

Joy

Junglechicken
9 minutes ago, joy2730 said:

Hi

Good news I have no withdrawal symptoms right now and slept well last night.  I still feel I have paradoxical weight gain but I also know my eating is disorganised so I may not actually have paradoxical weight gain at all.

I have been having trouble with my family relationships the farm and my son taking over and had thought my husband and I might get divorced as we can't agree on certain matters.  However yesterday my husband and I  went to a funeral together and we had a lovely time together and I realised I love him a lot still  - but when we returned home to the farm the trouble just hit back in.

Joy

Joy,

I had to look up "paradoxical weight gain" as I didn't know what it was, but understand that it is associated with Citalopram dose reduction/increases. Very strange!

Escitalopram was terrible for weight gain, however, since reaching zero, we will see if the weight drops off??

Really sorry things are bad with your husband and son, and how ironic that a funeral seemed to bring you and your husband closer together??

Good news that your are symptom free at the moment!

JC

joy2730

Yes I usually experience weight gain when reducing doses but there are obviously lots of other factors involved.

I had paradoxical weight gain when withdrawing from epilim - at one stage I gained 1 lb every week even though I was dieting.  Epilim is an anticonvulsant known as sodium valporate in the wider world.  I suppose it must have stopped eventually so I think that might be the way my metabolism responds.  When I got down to 15 mg I started to loose weight.

Apparently funerals are well.known for bringing people closer together - in the old days before good birth control apparently a lot of babies were conceived after a funeral!

I really hope you contine to do well at zero.  On this site people do report difficulties several months out but I must not encourage you to be anxious.  We must not engage in catastrophic thinking patterns - which I can be guilty of at times.

Keep posting JC  as people tend to stop after a whole. 

Joy

Frogie
43 minutes ago, joy2730 said:

Hi

Joy

I'm glad you are feeling well.

It was nice to hear you and your husband got along. Too bad it went back to where you were.

I'm wishing the best for you!

Take care,

Frogie xx

joy2730

Yes it is amazing - we basically still love each other - it is just that my son the farm money and land have come between us.

How are you doing Frogie?

Joy

Frogie
8 minutes ago, joy2730 said:

Yes it is amazing - we basically still love each other - it is just that my son the farm money and land have come between us.

How are you doing Frogie?

Joy

That's too bad.

I'm a wreck this morning. The vet took Brownie off the veggies yesterday and put her on a high protein diet. She just threw that up.

She only throws up in the morning otherwise she's fine. I don't know what to do.

Take care,

Frogie xx

joy2730

Hi Frogie 

Do you and Brownie share the same nausea problem right now?:excl:  Does Brownie catch up with her food later in the day - if she does try not to worry, if not just see the vet.  Dogs seem to be able to make themselves sick easily.  Our farm dog has gone scrawny at the moment, they are saying it is the stress of all the work she had at lambing time, her 'mummy' is my son's girlfriend, a veterinary nurse so Fly gets free veterinary care. I think she has worms has Brownie got worms, that can make dogs sick?

Brownie has had a settled period of late though, that is good.  I know you were very worried a while back.  This will increase your anxiety Frogie, oh dear.  Just love her to bits.

Joy

Frogie
11 minutes ago, joy2730 said:

Hi Frogie 

Do you and Brownie share the same nausea problem right now?:excl:  Does Brownie catch up with her food later in the day - if she does try not to worry, if not just see the vet.  Dogs seem to be able to make themselves sick easily.  Our farm dog has gone scrawny at the moment, they are saying it is the stress of all the work she had at lambing time, her 'mummy' is my son's girlfriend, a veterinary nurse so Fly gets free veterinary care. I think she has worms has Brownie got worms, that can make dogs sick?

Brownie has had a settled period of late though, that is good.  I know you were very worried a while back.  This will increase your anxiety Frogie, oh dear.  Just love her to bits.

Joy

She only throws up after I feed her in the morning. We thought maybe it was her veggies, but she won't even eat a hamburger and that's her favorite. No she doesn't have worms. She has been eating fine at lunch and dinner. But I don't know about today yet. It's only 10:10am here. I guess I'll see if she eats while I'm gone.

I opened the front door and she ran barking.

I love her to bits. More than anyone could know.

I don't want to leave her for this appt. But I've waited 3 weeks for it.

Thanks for caring.

Take care,

Frogie xx

joy2730

Quick update:

I am feeling well today, 6 days after my last drop, so it should be establishing itself now in my brain and body as a lower dose.  My mood is good and I have no physical symptoms, just a painful bunion that has suddenly flared up but I guess I can't put that down to withdrawal!  If only I could sail away like this to 15mg I would be very happy, but I do know that symptoms tend to be delayed.

It is beautiful sunny weather in Britain today, after a long period of wet and snowy weather and a late Spring.  The sun has caused the tadpoles to hatch, they always seem to need a sunny day to trigger their exit.

I hope everyone else is in a reasonable place.

Joy

joy2730

No withdrawal symptoms today so that is good.  I just need to go slow - sleeping well despite social stressors.  I have heard from my daughter who is in the Lake District.  She is the main person in my life.

Joy