LoveandLight: sertraline withdrawal

LoveandLight

Ha thanks Ada..I'm unsure. I'm going on holiday for one week with parents. They have not lived with the new out if it, staring at the wall me..so I'm unsure how this will go lol

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

This may be just what you need. I hope it does you good. Maybe you can explain to your parents how you "are" now.

2001-04 Polypharmacy to include Paxil,Celexa, Risperdal, Seroquel, Depakote, Ambien, Geodon, Valium, Ativan, Haldol

03/04-11/04 Abilify

11/04-05/07 CT Abilify Non symptomatic

6/07 took Valium, began to experience altered reality and physical symptoms of withdrawal from Valium.

07/08. Abilify 2 mg, 12/08 Abilify 1 mg, 03/09 Abilify 0 mg, 03/08-06/11Altered reality but fully functional

10/12 hospitalized, Invega Depot, 2 shots discontinued, severe insomnia

6/14-10/14 flexeril, discontinued, developed insomnia; 10/14 10 mg Doxepin I week, no help with insomnia; 10/14 Remeron for two days, paradoxical reaction

Present Risperdal 1mg, clonazepam 2 mg, Restoril 15 mg. Went from .5 to 1 to 1.5 to 2mg of clonazepam in 2014. Also in 2014, tapered from 2 mg risperdal to 1.5 (fairly slowly but still too fast) and had to up dose back to 2 mg. Got liquid risperdal and started from 2 mg again.

• 3 weeks later...

So I managed to enjoy quite a few days when away.

Something that does concern me more than any other symptom is even after one year and even after I held the dose for months and months I experienced and still experience some days of not being able to function cognitively at all. I had to give up my cleaning job a year ago as I could not function to even do this. It would seem that time would stop and my brain would be struggling to do things that would be automatic which would lead to a panic attack as it is scary. It's like I would have to direct my body to pick up the bucket, open the door, turn the tap on etc...it would take me ages to do anything it is/was like struggling to function through mud in my body and brain. Has anyone else experienced it to this extent and did it pass?

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Hello Loveandlight, this I did not have. I can open everything, I get only a dozen of intrusive thoughts by each movement I do :-)

But when you have it already for one year on a stable dose of drug, than it can come from the drug itself. But on your place I would wait till I am totally on zero drug, then you will see if it has something to do with you or it is a just a side effect of drugs.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

No only in withdrawal, Martina. Thank you for your reply xx

Today I feel like I could go to work even although I'm struggling physically but I can never tell when the cog stuff will hit so cannot commit to work right now.

Hey LoveandLight,

Just stopping by to say hello. Have also been unable to work for 17 months now. Had to give up a good job perspective cause I'm still barely functioning.

The anxiety, anhedonia and depression stuff could be from Prozac. As you may remember, I have 3 yrs experience with this wonderful drug. Pdoc says this particular med destroyed me. Gave me this huge anxiety, exacerbated social phobia.

Great you went on a little vacation. Seems you've done a huge taper - from 10 mg to 6 mg, just don't speed things up. Keep yourself safe...

It's comforting to hear Prozac ain't working. I still long for this drug, it was my "beloved SSRI".

The few Prozac pills I got at home will expire this December. This gives me a strange, melancholy feeling. Well, any GP could prescribe me more. But as I read your story - I won't go for it...

x Mel

1990-1992 Anafranil. OCD under control, extreme social phobia. Hospitalized for the 1st and 2nd time (out of 3). 1999-2002: Prozac 20 mg. Stopped due to severe anxiety. Increased benzo consumption. 2003-2005: AD free (therapy). Feeling good, started working. Persisted 9 yrs in full-time job. 2005-2007: Ixel (milnacipran). SNRI. 2007-2011: Lexapro 10-15 mg. Fatigue and anxiety. Mania. Insomnia. Acne. Shopoholism. Polydrugging with different meds. 2011-2013: Effexor 37,5-150 mg (mostly 75 mg). SNRI. Fatigue and depression, terrible acne with scars, now gone. April 2013: Wellbutrin 150 mg. Hot flashes, extreme appetite, aggression. May 2013 - May 2014: Prozac - from 10 mg to 0 mg, very harsh taper. Functioning great but EXTREME ANXIETY. From May 2014: tried different ADs to replace Prozac, nothing worked, terrible side effects (Seroxat, Zoloft, Luvox, Brintellix, Doxepin, Trazodone). May 2014 back to benzos (Valium) in hope of improvement, aggravated depression and anxiety. Sept. 2014: Lexapro 2,5 mg, highest dose 5 mg for 1,5 months (Spring 2015). Steady decline, anxiety, fatigue. Diagnosed with OCD, dysthymia, social phobia, anxiety disorder, insomnia, eating disorder (first bulimia, then anorexia). Current meds: Seroquel 6,25 mg for sleep - 5 mg since Nov. 5, 2015. Lexapro 1,25 mg since Aug. 4th 2015. Valium, Ambien prn, tapering. http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9984-melanie-should-i-reinstate-lexapro/

Bit of update. Dropped rapidly to 6mg to see if would alleviate constant severe headache and all over pains and confusion. Seem to be better. Will stay here now for a good long time. At least 6 weeks but more if needed. Baseline seems to be empty and lost feelings but calm for the most part. Thank god the severe depression ended. 24/7 for 5 weeks the most agonising depression ever. Although of course urgh don't want to speak too soon. Have stopped trying lots of supplements. Just taking magnesium now. Still some days where I feel that I cannot be alone but not like that all the time, which it was for a while there. Will be staying here with dose, supplements, diet, excercise now..no matter what..no updosing ever again!

Hope everyone is coping alright x

L&L,

I was so happy for you. I told you it was from the drugs this severe depression. I know it, because when I was tappering I was also feeling so bad, I thought I already have a mental illness and when I stopped all together two weeks later the severe depression went away. That is not your depression. This is a chemical depression because of the meds. I am so proud of you. It was so couragious to drop to 6 mg. And that you never ever updose, it is marvelous, I see you have a really strong mind. I can only applaud to you!!!

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

Thank you Mekanie and Martina but I don't feel courageous right now not much sleep last few nights, constant restlessness and anxiety..have never had restlessness through the night like this before but I'm too exhausted to get up so I just lie there anxiety, moving my legs and twitching.

Hi L&L

Glad you got a little break away.

I have felt the way you describe but mostly  very early on in WD. Even when trying to make a sandwich or something my brain would slip out of gear and it was so much effort to sort out what I needed to do. I do get this occasionally now but the worst seems to have passed.

Hope you will find that it eases off too.

Love Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

Thank you flowers..I see you got a break too :) intense cortisol and anxiety the last 3 days triggered by a personal trauma so holding holding here. Yeah I always say that and never do but this time I will. My prozac induced constant severe headache has improved greatly at this dose now.

Something that has changed the past week: eating better..actually cooking proper very healthy meals. Was in a bit of pickle with that..cooking would just seem so difficult.

Hi Love,

It's good to see you back here. I'm glad you're staying stable.  I'm going through the " depression" on & off (  waves  ), and also extreme anger &  neuro - emotions. 

I hope you continue to hold and stabilize.

Hugs,

Ali.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Hi Ali xx

Yes I hope I continue to hold too lol! Went to accupuncturist yesterday and he could feel the internal vibrating and shaking and has seen this before with people coming off drugs..

Hugs Ali xx

L&L,good that you can cook good and healthy food now. It shows that you feel better and can take care of you now. I love good food, that is the trouble, I again gained weight - 1 kg more. Last week I had each day this little chocolate Snickers "against depression" and that is the result.

symptoms OCD

Thank you flowers..I see you got a break too :) intense cortisol and anxiety the last 3 days triggered by a personal trauma so holding holding here. Yeah I always say that and never do but this time I will. My prozac induced constant severe headache has improved greatly at this dose now.

Glad the headache is improving and that you are able to recognise the trigger for your current situation.  Stick with the dose L&L and I am sure you will get through it.

Good to read you are prepping nice healthly food too. I am resting a little today and then am going to cook a nice roast dinner with lots of vegetables as the weather is a bit cooler today. Have had enough of summer salads and am craving hot food and veg!

Amazing that the accupuncturist could tell your nervous system was shaky. Has the treatment helped you at all?

xxxxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Love&Light, I hope you are doing good. Best wishes, ps22

Celexa 20mg 2008-2012 for Social Anxiety

Failed attempt to stop reinstated

1 year taper skipping doses

Celexa free 12/2013

1/2014-5/2014 took 5 htp every other day

Failed Reinstatement 5mg of Celexa on 12/2014 for 5 days only

Hi love and light. Just saying hello. It's interesting that the acupuncturist could feel the internal shaking. I've often considered accupunture. Xx

The only way out is through.

Aug 2013 - Augmentin leading to akathisia

Sept-Nov 2013 - Citalopram 20mg, severe reaction, off at 5mg. Valium 4mg, prn

Oct 2013 - 5 zopiclone tablets, 7.5mg

End Nov 2013-end Feb 2014, Seroquel, top dose 150mg, off at 25mg

End Nov 2013-early march 2014, Zoloft 100mg top dose, off at 25mg

End Dec-2013-early April 2014, lorazepam 1mg prn

April 3rd 2014 zoloft 5mg for a few days. 18/4/14 - zoloft, 1mg. Came off at 0.35 mg,14th June 2014

29 June 2014 - 1mg lorazepam, last ever

29 June 2014 - med free

Hello Love and Light, something new? Are you already so much healed that you forgot us? :-)

symptoms OCD

Hello Love and Light, something new? Are you already so much healed that you forgot us? :-)

I think she does not have a good access to a lot of internet these days. She mentioned something of this sort to me.

• 2,5 years of slowly tapering down Cymbalta from 60 mg. Then tried going from 8,44 mg to 1 mg in 8 days. (April 1st 2015). That's when the real hell started. Reinstated. Didn't help. I was added Ativan (2 mg 2 times a day for relentless akathisia that started with jumping Cymbalta). For years had been taking Zopitin 7,5 mg and Stilnox 10 mg for I had not been able to sleep naturally since the 1st day I started Cymbalta). Used to take Xanax occasionally.
  • All of the above were stopped cold turkey when I was hospitalized in the beginning of May 2015.
  • Prior to that I have been on and off the whole spectrum of different AD-s for 15 years (since I was 17).

My introduction.

Tapering:

• Olanzapine (starting point 2,1 mg): Jan 2016  /---/ April 2018 0 mg. (From 2,1 mg to 0 mg in 1y 3mo).
  • Diazepam (starting at 5 mg) : switching to liquid May 2018;  4,6 mg (June 2018) /---/ 0 mg (Feb 2020) (From 10 to 5 - nobody knows, from 5 to 0 in 1 y 10 mo)
  • Valdoxan (starting at 25 mg): switching to liquid (Feb 2019) /---/ 0 mg (July 2020)

• 1 month later...

Merry Christmas L+L, I hope you are still holding, Good luck, Martina

symptoms OCD

• 1 month later...

An update but it is not good. I have been somewhat embaressed to post here. I tried to hold on my dose of prozac but I started to get worried as more toxic pains appeared and more confusion. So I dropped prozac at 6mg. I was right that it was confirmed by a psychiatrist knowledgable on all this that I was experiencing a neurotixicity reaction on the prozac and not side effects. I did not feel I could 'hold' steady on it to then come if slowly. Very confused one month off now three months off even worse so again I did the wrong thing in just coming off but the toxic feelings really frightened me. Now I experience confusion and disorientation all the time and severe dysphoria inner restlessness, suicidal ideation, rage as well as still all the toxic feelings and constant headaches, stomach problems now, fatigue, flu.

I'm back on just 5mg of sertraline as I thought that was taking the edge if the rage but it has come back again. I'm tempted just to take more meds but as I know from the prozac 'there is always worse'. I cannot risk worse even though I feel like running to the hospital all the time.

So I'm at the beginning of where I started a yr and 4 months ago and in worse shape.

I also took the news of blues death very hard. That tipped me over yesterday and now I experience anxiety and activating symptoms which was missing before.

I will update signature when can

oh, so sorry to read you're doing so badly, Love.

I've wondered why you haven't been on lately...wish I knew what would help....hope someone can advise you here.

take care, love,ds xo

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Thank you Direstraits x

Hello L&L I am sorry to hear how things have progressed lately. I hope the mods could figure out a solution for you, if you are interested in one. I have faith that things will get better in time for you. I hope you are coping well and you deserve nothing but the best. Regards, ps22

Celexa 20mg 2008-2012 for Social Anxiety

Failed attempt to stop reinstated

1 year taper skipping doses

Celexa free 12/2013

1/2014-5/2014 took 5 htp every other day

Failed Reinstatement 5mg of Celexa on 12/2014 for 5 days only

Thank you Purplestars and to you.

Well I have made so many changes over the past yr and 4 months personally I can see no other option than to hold where I am with the sert. I now don't think it is taking the withdrawal away but don't see how I can increase again so many too many changes. So was just going to wait this out.

Hi Love.   It's good to hear from you again . I think we are all struggling in the aftermath . It's devastating. So much sadness.

It might take a while to stabilize on the Zoloft.  It will take time, but you will get there. If you can update your signature, it will help.

Please don't beat yourself up . You are and always have been doing the best you can.

Quote :     " Do the best you can until you know better, then when you know better, do better."    -   Maya Angelou 

That is all any of us can do . Stay strong.

Hugs,

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm glad you decided to update and let us know how you are Love, I often wonder how you're doing. I'm sorry things are still rough for you. As Ali said, we are all doing the best we can and when it comes to trying to escape from these drugs, even when we do our best, it can still very difficult.

I'm also struggling with coming to terms with losing Blue, its been a rough couple of days for me too.

Well I have made so many changes over the past yr and 4 months personally I can see no other option than to hold where I am with the sert. I now don't think it is taking the withdrawal away but don't see how I can increase again so many too many changes. So was just going to wait this out.

I agree that holding where you are is probably the best thing you can do now, if you could update your signature, that would help us get a clear picture of what's been happening recently. When did you start taking 5mg of sertraline?

Maybe read through The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization     topic again and the self care section to find some techniques to help you manage your symptoms while you wait for them to settle down. Go back to survival basics of getting through one day at a time and when its really bad, one moment at a time.

If you can hang in there and not change anything, even if it goes on for what seems like forever, eventually the symptoms start to decrease. I know how bad it can get, I've lived through it, surviving one minute at a time, day after day, not believing that it was ever going to get better, but it did, eventually life becomes bearable again if you can give your nervous system the stability it needs to start healing.

You can do this, you are strong.

((hugs))

P.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Thank you Petu and Ali

Hugs to you both xx

• 2 weeks later...

Love, just read your update. 

I'm sorry you're not doing well and the problem with Prozac. 

Hold on, It will pass, it really will, even if it's much more slowly than we would like. 

Hugs

-Effexor 150 mgs (2001-2009). Severe withdrawal symptoms during and after tapering for 6 months.  

-Pristiq 50 mg (2009-2012) Tapered over a year. Worst year of my life. 

-Prozac 20 mg (2012) Tapered over 6 moths to ease withdrawal. Still had severe WD symptoms. 

- (2012-2014) Doctor tried more than 20 medications for depression and WD, leaving me hypersensitive, and in protracted withdrawal. 

- Most debilitating symptoms during protracted withdrawal have been deep depression, anxiety, brain zaps, fatigue, akathisia, twitching, headaches and terrible PMS. 

-January 2015: Started Lamictal 12.5 mg, increased to 25 mg.- Bad reaction when updosed to 50 mg. Stopped. 

-February 2015: Doctor tried new antidepressant Brintellix - Horrible reaction. Discontinued completely. Severe AKATHISIA started.

-March 2015:  Started TMS therapy (Transcranial magnetic stimulation) for severe depression. Didn't work. 

-July 23-August 12: Had 10 ECT sessions which took away my protracted withdrawal symptoms including: akathisia, brain zaps, muscle twitches, fatigue and depression. Stopped medications. 

-September 2015: Experiencing bouts of depression again and muscle twitching. 

-March 2016: Started 20 mg Nortryptiline for depression. It helped. 

-August 2016: Slowly tapering Nortryptiline. 

• 2 months later...

I read your update. Never mind. You did what you could, it is everything ok. And how are you feeling now on Sertraline? Do you feel better? I actually dont feel bad, I only still have these irrational thoughts which sometimes give me feeling that I can not rely on my mind. But somehow my brain must function as I never did anything not normal unappropriate by now.I started painting and for this I need unmedicated mind. So I will not take any drugs and see if my brain corrects itself or if I go mad.

symptoms OCD

• 2 years later...
  • Administrator

Hello, LoveandLight, how are you doing?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• ChessieCat changed the title to LoveandLight: sertraline withdrawal