No Windows Or Waves. Why?

NoMeaning25

I've never experienced windows or waves as everyone on here. I did have a period of a few days when i felt better, that was 22 Months ago. Ever since then it's been non stop hell with no let up, at night i feel worse, while most feel improvements. When i don't sleep enough or i sleep too much i feel much worse too.

This can't be normal can it? Why am i not getting better i thought everyone gets better eventually, but 26 months come on!!

I'm really starting to freak out now. Maybe i am stuck like this forever :'(

Just be honest with me, are there people who don't recover from this?

Was on Citalopram 20mg since Feb 2008 - switched to Paxil 20mg in August 2010

Tapered way too fast in April 2012 by skipping days. Taper completed in 6 weeks

Tried prozac 20mg for 3 days - felt spaced out, not better.

Tried 30mg Cymbalta for 2 days. SEVERE ADVERSE REACTION

Antidepressant free since 14 August 2012

Birth control on and off during this time - Last taken 18 June 2017 - Morning after pill 

Started mainly using 0.5mg Xanax beginning 2016 for severe panic attacks and anxiety due to trauma

Xanax on and off never more than 0.5mg at a time, never taking it 3 days in a row - used sparingly 

6 Years antidepressant free - Still in severe withdrawal with over 60 symptoms

Severe setback started May 2018 with no let up to date. Developed many new symptoms like tremors, inner vibrations, insomnia, visual distortions and dr/dp are 100x worse, i have severe sensitivity to movement, My dizziness and vertigo got worse and it now feels like im constantly rocking on a boat, my anxiety is sky high, suicidal idiation is back, i feel extremely brain damaged 

ALL people recover eventually.

Some people don't experience waves or windows, and then symptoms just fade away.

Have faith.

At 27 months off, I'm still struggling.

Hugs,A.

4 years aprox. on 150mgs.Effexor for situational major depression.No AD before.
Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months.

Tapered Quetiapine,Xanax in the last 18 months.NO med of any kind anymore.
First 3 months off acute w/d
Protracted w/d ever since.
Symptoms:Anxiety,anhedonia,insomnia,tinnitus,PSSD

04/13/2014 Awful Relapse.Recovered fairly fast.

3 years and 4 months off.

waves and windows.Very much recovered.

November 2015,health issue.Setback.

OliviaS your symptoms are so familiar to me.  I seemed to improve in the first 4 months after I stopped.  I had one or two days of starting to feel better but since the it's been awful.  I also feel worse if I sleep too much or not enough.  What antidepressant were you on?  I'm 14 months out from a quick taper of Remeron

After a successful taper from Valium using the Ashton Method (completed on June 1, 2013)  I began a quick taper off of 7.5 mgs of Remeron splitting the tab in two for a week at a time for approximately four weeks.  I took my last spec of Remeron on August 23, 2013.  My withdrawal symptoms have steadily gotten worse (14 months out as I write this).  They include dizziness, ocular migraines, brain fog, anxiousness, feeling like my eyes are being forced closed and my head pushed forward.  No windows or waves just a downward spiral.

Once my problems got to be severe (after restarting Celexa several times then going c/t) I basically didn't have any windows.  That was for about three years.

The only exception would be one day in the middle of winter (I think in February.)  I can't really explain why that was except to guess that it had something to do with there being less light and heat, as I was hugely insensitive to both.

I've spoken to people who also had really severe issues like DP/DR that was unrelenting and/or akathisia and they did invariably recover.  It's so hard to believe that while you are in it though.  But you will get there.

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

• 3 years later...
On 11/4/2014 at 11:04 AM, NoMeaning25 said:

I've never experienced windows or waves as everyone on here. I did have a period of a few days when i felt better, that was 22 Months ago. Ever since then it's been non stop hell with no let up, at night i feel worse, while most feel improvements. When i don't sleep enough or i sleep too much i feel much worse too.

This can't be normal can it? Why am i not getting better i thought everyone gets better eventually, but 26 months come on!!

I'm really starting to freak out now. Maybe i am stuck like this forever :'(

Just be honest with me, are there people who don't recover from this?

Have you seen any improvements?  I too get no windows or waves.

Lexapro 1/17 - 3/17 10 mg.  Switched to Elavil 3/27/17 10 mg

Upped to 20 mg June 5, 2017 3 days, back down to 10mg June 8

Up again to 20 mg June 12, 2017 4 days, back down to 10 June 16

9/17 dropped to 9.5 mg

11/17 dropped to 9.3mg

2/18/17 dropped to 8.8 mg

February 14/2018 Adverse reaction to zofran pill at clinic

10/7/19 8.48 mg

12/22/19 7.3 mg, 2/7/20 6.5 mg, 5/23/20 5.84 mg,  5/7/23 .70 mg

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy