SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Zenbev

compsports

I purchased a sleep remedy called Zenbev that has tryptophan in it.

When I took it initially, it helped greatly with sleep. But the remedy seemed to cause problems during the day such as fatigue and brain fog.

I have since stopped taking it and now am dealing with heart palpitations during the day. I am also extremely irritable. I was stuck in traffic yesterday and started cursing which I hadn't done in months.

I feel like I have PMS even though I am way past that stage.

I just woke up after sleeping 3.5 hours.

After this experience, I will never ever touch a sleep remedy again. It just seems like I am too sensitive to stuff.

Anyway, be careful when buying anything.

CS

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

• Administrator

How long did you take it before it went south, cs?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi Alto,

About 4 days.

I think it is finally out of my system.

Hi i am suggesting 5 htp to helo sleep! I was having intense dreams, but now i have takrn 5htp for 2 days and i am fine. Still want 8 hr of sleep but as of yet only getting 6

Hi Serotonin,

I have actually had great sleep two nights in a row without anything. I will explain more when I have access to a computer tomorrow.

I am too scared to take anything again. Glad the 5Htp is working for you.

CS

Yeh please help me, how did u manage to get great sleep? Thats what i want!!!!!

Hi Serotonin,

As an FYI, I slept at a hotel since I was away for a few days. Based on sleeping 7 hours two nights in a row, here is what I have to do in my opinion to improve my sleep. Take what applies to you.

1. Keep my caffeine consumption low. The days I slept 7 hours, I limited my caffeine to the morning.

Yesterday, I drank a cup in the afternoon because I returned home today and didn't care. I paid the price with poor quality sleep.

2. Darken my room. I know I kept saying I was going to do this and my experience sleeping in a hotel well convinced me this is definitely necessary.

3. Allergy proof my bedroom. I think allergies may be impacting my sleep as I am not sure. If keeping caffeine low and blackening the room doesn't help, then it is clear this is necessary.

As an FYI, sero, these methods might not be the total answer if you are just getting off of meds as your system needs time to readjust. Personally, I would not be taking anything but I am basing that on my experience.

Obviously, when you're lacking sleep, it is a tough call.

Hope this helps.

CS

I been off of prozac for 6 month and only currently i am experiencing sleep problem!

• Moderator Emeritus

I do the above plus:

try to get some exercise every day,even if only 20 minutes, but not close to bedtime

and

stay off the computer for three or four hours before bedtime, TV too if you sit close (both emit blue light which tells your brain it's morning)

and use dim light for about 45 minutes to an hour before I go to bed.

Those things seem to help me with my insomnia.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

• Administrator

Putting in too much time at the computer, and too late in the day, definitely seems to have an adverse effect on my sleep.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Putting in too much time at the computer, and too late in the day, definitely seems to have an adverse effect on my sleep.

I second this. My tolerance fluctuates however.

Blue light blocking glasses help me a lot too. I actually can't use a comp for more than a moment or so without them.

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy