SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Frustrated: Feeling disheartened

Frustrated

I was started on Paxil about 6 years ago for mild anxiety. About three years ago I decided to taper down from 40 mg. I got to 10mg and was feeling so horribly I ended up back at 20 mg and stayed at that dose for a couple of years. In April I made the decision to taper down from 20mg and took my last dose at the end of June. It has been five months of withdrawl and back and forth to ER thinking something is terribly wrong with me. Lately I seem very jittery and anxious about nothing and have this horrid irrational fear that I made be crazy and hurt someone. Of course I can't see myself ever hurting anyone but the fear is still there. Funny, i had similar issues years ago when I went back on the meds. The intrusive fearful thoughts just started a few days ago but I have been worried about my son. Perhaps that set me off. I am worried that these symptoms will never go away. And i am way past the point of reinstating a miniscule dose. Not sure what to do. Have kids to take care of and sometimes fighting with my brain and my symptoms seems to take up my whole day. Any words of advice would be appreciated. Btw, I was actually thinking maybe my fibromyalgia was acting up or my blood sugars were out of whack( diabetic) but nope. I do think this is Paxil related.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Frustrated

• luv2knit

• Pugknows

• Wildflower0214

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello, Frustrated.  I think you're likely correct in thinking that your rapid withdrawal from Paxil is the cause of your current anxieties and other discomforts.  These drugs are just hellish to get off of. You might want to read this topic in the "Read This First" section: Intro to Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome. The "Introductions and updates" area is also a good one to read, because you'll find plenty of company there.

It's possible that a teeny dose of Paxil might help your symptoms, but it's a big risk at five months out.  Here's our topic on reinstatement: About reinstating and stabilizing to stop withdrawal symptoms

You may also find some useful tips in the "Symptoms and self-care" section. Beware of supplements--there are only a very few that help and some people react badly even to those few.

Welcome to the forum, Frustrated.  You'll find lots of good informatiion and friendly support here.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

Thanks for the reply.  It means alot to me.  I have read through all your suggestions.  I have to agree that I think the window for trying a small amount of Paxil may be closed now.  Also I am not sure that I want to to take a step backwards after suffering through 5 months.  It is just very hard to function every day not knowing when or if this will all pass.  My future seems very cloudy at best.  My doctor is beyond useless and sticks to his story that there are no withdrawl symptoms and I must need anti depressants real bad.  I am crazy in his eyes and he treats me pretty much that way.  I am definitely on my own.  I also have a 14 year old son that my doctor put on seroquel and I fear for him.  I don't dare touch his meds at all until I can figure myself out.  Today I awoke just as tense and jittery as always.  Intrusive thoughts remain.  I feel like I have a giant ball of excess energy sitting in my chest.  NO burning or tingling today which is good.  I don't know where to put myself but I try to function normally for the kids.  So depressed about it all and feel empty and just plain BLAH.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Dear Frustrated,

I'm sorry you are not doing well.

I do hope that things improve!

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

June 2014 abilify 2.5 remeron wasn't working so abilify was then added

September 2014 woke up with anxiety x 100!!!!

Pdoc then took me from 45 to 7.5 within a month and took abilify from 2.5 to 0

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Vitamin d 5,000 iu taking for about 3 years

October 2014 added fish oil/omega 3 1000 mg per day

Levothyroxitine 100 10 years or so

Dec 2014 started tapering 10% every 10 days-no problems.

August 2015 down to 0.1 mg

Woke up with severe anxiety-sleep issues-racing thoughts-depression. 9/9/15 up dose 1 mg.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Frustrated, welcome from me too. Reinstating is not taking a step back it is taking care of yourself. None of us here

ever want to go back on the drugs that caused all the suffering but sometimes it does help to ease the withdrawal.

As you have been off for a while it may or may not work, as Jemima said, it's a bit of a gamble but may be worth trying.

A very tiny dose of 1mg might be enough to help, if it does then you can taper off that little bit when you have stabilised.

Paxil is available as a liquid which makes it easier to take the tiny doses. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/405-tips-for-tapering-off-paxil-paroxetine/

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Thx to all who responded. It helps alot to feel less alone in this. I am so afraid of making matters worse by taking a small dose of Paxil that I will have to sit on it for a bit. Also my doc will never give me liquid. He will push more drugs on me and say there are no withdrawls. Would have to cut the pill up somehow. Thx again for responding. I was happy a few of you answered.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

• Moderator Emeritus

I agree with MammaP, if there is a chance you could reinstate and stabilize on a small amount, it could save you from having to go through many more months of withdrawal. I've been in protracted withdrawal for over 3 years after coming off Lexapro too fast, if I had known about the possibility of reinstatement and a proper taper at 5 months, I would have tried it if meant avoiding all I've been through since.

Its possible to make your own liquid:

How to make a liquid from tablets or capsules

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

I am beginning to think you may be right platinum star.  I was originally on 20 mg and have been totally off for 5 months.  How much would be safe to try and still work.  I was thinking 2 mg.  Too low?  I am scared to take any but don't want to keep suffering.  I fight with my brain every day.  I have intrusive thoughts and a fullness in my head and I feel outside of myself.  I worry that I am not in control of myself and I am certainly never happy.  I sit on the couch unless I have to bath the little one or make dinner for the kids or something.  This wave seemed to hit about a week ago and is really hanging on.  I also fight to eat because I just don't care much about food either.  UGH.  Any suggestions on a minimum dose to try?  I don't wanna make matters worse.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

• Moderator Emeritus

I would start at a tiny 0.5mg and see how it goes. If it doesn't help any after a week you could go up to 1mg.

If it makes things worse then stop immediately. It can take a few days for it to start helping. Don't be put off

by the minute dose, most of uss become sensitive and have a reaction after being off for a while, and only

need a tiny amount.  Let us know if you try it and how you feel with it. I hope it works for you, reinstating helps

a lot of people, and there is just a small amount to taper once you have stabilised. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Hi mamma p. Thanks for replying. I really appreciate it. I feel very alone in all this. I bought a pill cutter today and cut the pill up as tiny as I could. I think it ended up equating to about 1.3 mg or so. It isn't an exact science this way but It am scared if I try to make the liquid that I won't get an accurate doe that way either. I took it about three hours ago. Right now I feel as I usually do. I will take another small dose tomorrow and keep track. I am hoping that this small dose might curb the withdrawls over the next few months and allow my brain some more time to mend while allowing me to still function. Here is hoping! Does my logic make sense? Because I won't go back to a big dose ever again.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

• Moderator Emeritus

That makes perfect sense, I hope it helps soon. 

2002  effexor. 

Well I had some nausea last night and a bit of a stomach ache this morning but I intend to take another small dose today. These constant intrusive thoughts are driving me nuts and I am always jittery and tense and anxious. I feel like I could snap any minute. My body and mind need a rest. I hope this small dose eventually works. I don't wanna be back on meds after five months. I realize if I was truly crazy I would not be aware of it but man I feel like I am nutty. I really resent my doctor for giving me these meds and my son too.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Hi Frustrated, I just wanted to say that I think you are very brave. I hope the addition of the small amount of Paxil works! Cali

All medications::

Xanax (1995-96), Aropax (1995-96), Mellaril (1997-2000), Efexor (1997-2002), Seroquel (2000-now), Lithium Carbonate (2000-now), Avanza (2002-05), Epilim (2005), Seroquel-XR (2000-now), Zyprexa (2002-14), Raberprazole (2000-now prn), Crestor (2009-15), Gabapentin (2009-12), Lamictal (2010-now), Abilify (2011-now) Lyrica (2012-now), Diazepam (2010-now prn), Saphris (2014), Respiridone (2014), Chlorpromazine (2014) Neulatil (07/2016)

Current medications:

Lithium Carbonate 750mg; Seroquel-XR 600mg800mg 04/16, 600mg 04/16, 400mg 04/16, 200mg 04/16, 400mg 04/16, 500mg 04/16; Lamictal 250mg 200mg150mg 04/16; Lyrica 300mg; Abilify 20mg 30mg 11/15 Zoloft 25mg 04/16 ceased after a week due to severe suicidal thoughts; Seroquel 25mg prn; Diazepam 40mg CT Jan 2013, 5mg occasionally, (massive med changes in April 2016 due to a hospital admission).

SupplementsFish oil 4000mgMagnesium 100mg Niacinamide 1000mgSlippery Elm 800mg , B12 1000mcg, Zinc 50mg, B6 100mg, Vitamin D 2000IU, Calcium 1200mgP5P 100mg, Vitamin C 2000mg, Vitamin E 400IU

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi--

Keep us posted about how the small reinstatement goes.

I highly, highly recommend that you either learn how to make the liquid or get a small milligram scale so that you can get an accurate dose that is the same from one day to the next. If you're taking such a small dose, the tiny errors that you get from trying to just "eyeball" it can be a big percentage variation from one day to the next, which will actually just make you worse, all the bouncing around. Your brain really needs stability now. So please prioritize finding some way to get a really consistent, measurable dose.

Keep us posted!

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

I am not entirely sure where to get such a scale but i will look into it. Thx

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

• Moderator Emeritus

Check in the Tapering section, I'm sure there's a thread on using scales.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

well another day is here.  It is day three of taking the small reinstatement.  No nausea last night so that is good.  Too soon to tell if it is working.  Still feel the same although I do have small windows where I space out and the intrusive thoughts are forgotten for a time so maybe that is good.  Still feel tense and grumpy and fidgety.  I will give it a week or so and reevaluate.  I am on my own because my doc doesn't believe in withdrawls(easy to have that opinion when you are not suffering), and my kids could never possibly understand.  Except my son who is also on these poisons.  How long do you think I should give the small reinstatement before reevaluating?  I am currently taking approx. 1.3.  I don't have  a scale yet so I can't be positive.  I see them on amazon.ca so I may have to get one online.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

• Moderator Emeritus

I would hold for at least 2 months to stabilise Frustrated before making any changes.  

Keep it stable and take the same dose at the same time each day if possible.

When you have been stable for a month or so then you can start to think about starting to taper.

This is based on my own experience and what I've seen with others here. I'm glad the nausea is

a little better and hope the small windows extend to all day ones! 

2002  effexor. 

Thanks for always responding to my posts mamma p.  You are truly lovely.  Well the little one decided to wake me at 4AM and refused to go back to sleep so I didn't have a good start to me day.  My legs are bothering me as well.  Burning and aching.  Head still feels stuffy and full.  Bit of nausea and jitteriness but it has been worse in the past so I shouldn't jinx it.  Intrusive thoughts remain.  Still too early to know if reinstatement will work.  I am hoping it will calm the intrusive thoughts eventually and free my mind a bit.  I hope I am able to get a scale as well so my doses are more precise.  At christmas it is a matter of saving the money to put on a scale.  Hope the rest of my day at least stays the same and doesn't get worse.  I don't dare to hope it will get better.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Hello Frustrated,

Sorry to hear about your intrusive thoughts. I have them to. It's part of withdrawl.

I hope you can get your scales soon as it is important to take the same dosage daily. You don't want to further confuse your brain.

I hope you find some peace.

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Woke up with severe anxiety-sleep issues-racing thoughts-depression. 9/9/15 up dose 1 mg.

Was just at the pharmacy asking about a scale and trying to explain why I needed it and the pharmacy told me that 1.3 mg reinstatement wasnt a therapeutic dose and wouldn't do anything. If that is the case then why do people taper a couple mgs every couple months. I was completely off for five months and teinstated a tiny amount to help with the withdrawls. Then in a few months when I am feeling stronger I can taper off that timy amount. Any thoughts? I think my reasoning is sound and the pharmacist is wrong.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Another early morning today.  The little seems to enjoy waking at the crack of dawn lately.  Still have the pain i my legs this morning and a ball of energy just sitting in the middle of my chest.  I can almost feel it into my throat.  Makes me nauseous.  I have had a mild headache and sore throat the last few days as well.  I am wondering if that is caused by the small reinstatement I started a few days back.  I haven't seen any noticeable improvements with the reinstatement, just a headache and sore throat.  Hope with time it might work.  I definitely don't want to go another week or so and discover it isn't working, and have to go off.  That would cause a whole slew of new withdrawl symptoms.  Guess I am stuck on this small amount now for at least a couple of months or more.  I don't want to cause any unecessary disruptions.  UGH! so frustrating.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

• Moderator Emeritus

Many pharmacists don't know much about withdrawal and tapering, just like most doctors, so its not surprising your pharmacist thought 1.3mg wouldn't do anything.  But from the experiences of many people here, and on other sites, reinstatement of a small amount can often help.  Try and give it a few weeks.  If you find that it helps slightly or that it doesn't help, but you are not feeling worse, then you could possibly go a little higher.  But do give it at least a few weeks to find out how its effecting you.

Read through About reinstating and stabilizing to stop withdrawal symptoms  again.

Also see: What to expect from my doctor  some of this would also apply to pharmacists.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

Well I am locked out of the house and waiting for my son so now is a good time to write down my thoughts. It is day four of reinstatement of about 1.3 mg. i really need a scale. Don't know if it is doing anything. Still super tense and anxious and fidgety. Still have intrusive thoughts and irrational fear. I hate that the most. Still have burning aching limbs and mild headache. Head feels really heavy or too full if that makes sense. Still zoning out too and don't have much motivation to do anything. I wish I could hit a window. I feel like the last five months have been one long wave with no break. Ugh!

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

• Moderator Emeritus

I hope you are back in the house now and didn't get too cold! 

It is early days yet and there could still be an improvement, it is good that you aren't feeling

any worse because of adverse reaction which happens to some people after being off for so long

so that is a good sign. If you don't notice any improvement in a few more days you could try a very

small increase, maybe to 1.5 to see if that helps. 

2002  effexor. 

Well I was sitting and watching cartoons with the little one yesterday evening and after awhile I realized that about and hour or so had passed and I hadn't even realized that I hadn't had any intrusive thoughts or worried about those thoughts.  I realize that an hour isn't that long in the scope of a day but when you are constantly your own brain it's huge.  I am hopeful that maybe that means the tiny reinstatement is working but I won't get my hope too high.  My head still feels full and achy this morning and my neck is really hurting.Legs too.  I will try to be hopeful about what the rest of the day will bring.  Here's hoping I get more of those hour long windows or mental peace.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

I too hope you can get more windows and mental peace. Prayers for your healing!

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Well the little one is coughing away this morning so I am praying that I do not end up catching a virus.  That will make my life so much more uncomfortable.  I awoke with pain in my neck and back and legs and I am feeling slightly nauseaous.  My head feels heavy as well.  I think the physical symptoms would be bearable for me if I didn't have the mental ninjas messing around in my brain.  The intrusive thoughts and worrying about them and obsessing over them is the worst for me.  I am hoping it is part of a wave and will let up soon.  I have noticed lately as well that I am getting little fluttery feelings in my chest and my breathing seems difficult.  I think it is part of the anxiety because my heart has been tested and it is fine.  And I do not have asthma.  I have never had panic attacks in my life but I guess there is a first time for anything during withdrawls.  I hope at some point I can come back to read through my journal here and remember it as a bad and distant memory.  Here's hoping.  Feeling grateful for this forum.  Hope my journey with withdrawl will help someone else one day.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Well back at the hospital with my son today.  He is having issues with chest pain and the xray and ecg were clear.  He was put on Seroquel years ago and I think the chest pain and the growth he now has in his throat(CT scan MOnday) are a side issue of the meds.  If anyone reading this is or was on Seroquel let me know if you had any similar issues.  I am worried.  I have switched him from the xtended release tabs to the regular stuff but haven't started any tapers yet.  Frankly I am petrified.  I realize I tapered quickly but my hell over the last five months has made me terrified to start tapering my son down to 25mg from 50.  I am still having issues with the mental ninjas in my brain and still pain and nausea and sharp pain in my stomach last night.  I am foggy brained and not completely there half the time but I motor on.  I haven't noticed any huge improvements with the reinstatement but I am functioning.  It is a small reinstatement so maybe functioning will be the best that I will get.  When I don't have to function I will curl up on the couch which seems to be my favourite place lately.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

So sorry to hear of your issues--and your son's issues. I don't have any advice, but know I am thinking of you and praying for you both.

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Ditto!

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

So stressed today.  My son is crying on the bus saying his chest is hurting so guess what?  He is home AGAIN.  Between the issues with his throat and now his chest he is failing his classes because he is missing school almost every day.  It seems that when I took him off the extended release his throat eased a bit but the chest pain amped up and I didn't even change his dose.  WTF?  Is his life going to be ruined now by this Seroquel?  he has had issues on it ,which the doctor denies is cause by the med, and now he is having issues switching off the extended release.  How will I ever hope to taper him when he is having so many issues now and won't go to school?  This is stressing me so bad that it is making my withdrawals worse.  I will be in a permanent wave at this point. :blush:

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Finally got my son to go to school today.  Hopefully he brings all his work home and we can get him caught up.  What a stressful situation.  I think I will leave his meds as they are right now until he seems to stabilize then revisit it.  UGH.  I am still having symptoms, the obsessive intrusive thoughts being the most bothersome right now.  They make me feel not in control of my own mind and that is scary.  I did make it to the store for groceries today and back without any incident but I am still getting these whooshes of anxiety through my chest and into my throat which is making me nauseous.  I feel really super tense all the time and I have to bite my tongue and breathe just so that I don't yell at the little or freak out.  That is scary as well because I am scared I will lose control of myself.  This is just awful.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are going through such a difficult time Frustrated, I can't imagine how people with young children manage to cope with parenting along with withdrawal issues.

Why was your son put on seroquel?  I hope you both feel better soon.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

He was put on seroquel for anxiety at 11. He is still an anxious kind of person but way better than at 11. The meds are causing him physical issues and now he is anxious about feeling sick at school. He doesn't want to live on meds and he knows they are making him sick but he also knows he can't just stop taking them. He feels as trapped as the rest of us. I awoke today and went to mall and did xmas shopping, then came home and did laundry and housework and wrapped gifts and now am resting on the couch. A good day with little issues. A day with a window. Never thought it would happen and it was nice. My throat hurts though so clearly the little one has shared her flu bug. I am getting sick. Big bummer. I hope it doesn't throw me into another wave.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

• Moderator Emeritus

Happy to hear you had a good day Frustrated, the reinstatement might be starting to work.  Perhaps your sore throat wont turn into the flu.  If you son tapers slowly enough, I'm sure he will be able to come off the seroquel, as the dose gets lower, he will probably start to feel better.  I get so upset when I hear about doctors putting children on these drugs for issues which can be treated in less harmful ways.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary