Frustrated: Feeling disheartened

Frustrated

agreed Petu.  I am very angry that he put my son in this position.  I am more angry about my child than myself.  I don't want him to go through any of what I am.  Well the sore throat did turn into a flu bug.  I feel positively horrid at the moment.  I can't tell what is the flu and what is withdrawal so there is no point in documenting anything right now.  UGH!

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Frustrated

• luv2knit

• Pugknows

• Wildflower0214

Top Posters In This Topic

Well today I seem to be suffering alot of muscle pain. My back and neck and calves are really hurting. I also find that about an hour after I take the 1.3 mg reinstatement I feel very nauseous and edgy for awhile. I think I am reacting to it but I also think it eases the intrusive thoughts a bit. Too late to rethink it now. I will slowly taper it in the newyear. Right now I need to get through the holiday. I am also considering starting my son's taper over xmas holidays so I don't want to make any new changes of my own.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

• Administrator

Hello, Frustrated.

You may wish to try a little less Paxil, such as 1.2mg or even 1.25mg to avoid that adverse reaction.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

That is good advice that I think I may just try. My scale will be here Monday and then my doses will he accurate and I will take 1.2 mg daily and see what's what.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Well I finally got my scale in today. I measured the pills I had been taking and they actually worked out to be about 1.2 mg. I am hoping that my doses will be more acurate now. I will take this dose into the new year then reevaluate. I still feel crappy mentally and physically so I do question the benefit of the reinstatement. But good or bad I have been taking it 2 and a half weeks so it will have to he tapered back down now.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Starting my son's taper tonight. Is on 50 mg of seroquel and giving him 45 mg for the next 2 or 3 months. Scared. Wish us luck. Having a pain day. Back and legs hurting and feet burning and picking. Also have horrible sense of doom feeling like something horrible will happen over the holidays. Weird. Can't shake it and it is driving me nuts.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Glad you got your scale, Frustrated. Hope this helps. Good luck with your son's taper. Sorry you are hurting today. I have those days too. Hope this passes for you soon.

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Frustrated, is that your son in your avatar?

It is a shame for a child to be placed on these drugs. It is good that you're trying to get him off now rather than years later. I hope he gets well and has a good future without meds.

Prozac 1999-2009 quit semi cold turkey.

2012 Placed on Seroquel 25 mg, Tranxene (Clorezepate) 3.75 mg 3x a day, Remeron 30 mg for anxiety/akathesia.

Weaned off Seroquel and Tranxene .to Remeron 15 Mg.

In May 2014 tried quitting Remeron at its lowest dose. Had severe withdrawals.Reinstated Remeron at 30 mg by doctor. August 5 2014 entered hospital. Doctor pulled the Remeron and bridged it to Pamelor (Nortriptyline) 40mg and Zyprexa 2.5mg.After removing the Remeron all my bad symptoms went away and I am stable.

9/11/14 - 7.5 mg tranxene, 40mg Pamelor, Zyprexa 2.5mg

12/29/14 -  20mg Pamelor, 1/6/15,  7/31/15 3.5mg, 8/10/15 3.2 mg, 9/15/15 2.2mg, 10/15/15 1.8mg

(Feb 2016 - 1.4mg Pamelor only -  OFF OF TRANXENE AND ZYPREXA SINCE DEC 2014 BENZO FREE Since 2014. Nortrityline (Pamelor) .8mg Aug 2016

March 2017 DRUG FREE

Ya that is him chicken. I trusted the doctors years ago when they put me on Paxil and worse still when they put my son on meds at 11 for anxiety. I am outraged now to discover the horrible position this has put my son and I in. I just hope that tapering him at a snail's pace over a couple years will spare him the horrendous suffering I have endured. I hope his future is happy and med free as well. Thx.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

I had anxiety at a young age too. I didn't start the drug route until I was 28. I'm thankful I didn't start drugs when I was younger.

Do you think your son's original anxiety could be helped with magnesium? I truly believe that if I had found magnesium years ago I would not be on drugs today.

Prozac 1999-2009 quit semi cold turkey.

2012 Placed on Seroquel 25 mg, Tranxene (Clorezepate) 3.75 mg 3x a day, Remeron 30 mg for anxiety/akathesia.

Weaned off Seroquel and Tranxene .to Remeron 15 Mg.

In May 2014 tried quitting Remeron at its lowest dose. Had severe withdrawals.Reinstated Remeron at 30 mg by doctor. August 5 2014 entered hospital. Doctor pulled the Remeron and bridged it to Pamelor (Nortriptyline) 40mg and Zyprexa 2.5mg.After removing the Remeron all my bad symptoms went away and I am stable.

9/11/14 - 7.5 mg tranxene, 40mg Pamelor, Zyprexa 2.5mg

12/29/14 -  20mg Pamelor, 1/6/15,  7/31/15 3.5mg, 8/10/15 3.2 mg, 9/15/15 2.2mg, 10/15/15 1.8mg

(Feb 2016 - 1.4mg Pamelor only -  OFF OF TRANXENE AND ZYPREXA SINCE DEC 2014 BENZO FREE Since 2014. Nortrityline (Pamelor) .8mg Aug 2016

March 2017 DRUG FREE

Praying for you and your son, Frustrated. Hope you had a restful night, and a pain-free day today.

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

thanks luv2knit.  right back at ya!  Chicken , you may have a point,.  Magnesium may help.  Anything is possible.  He is having issues ON the meds so I want to taper him down and see if the issues dissipate.  I could try magnesium as well.  I take a multi and extra magnesium.  Maybe he should too.         I still feel like ##### today.  I really question whether the reinstatement is working.  Still tense and anxious and nauseous and still deal with intrusive thoughts and sense of doom feeling.  My muscles have really been hurting as well and my calves keep threatening to seize.  The muscles pop and tighten all day and I have to keep rubbing them.  And I DO take magnesium which is suppose to relax muscles.  So frustrating.  Just want to go to bed and stay there for another 6 months until I feel human again.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

OH btw, I forgot to add chicken that my son had a major trauma at 4.  His father's new wife at the time said he was choking, and she was trying to save him but the evidence suggests abuse.  He was injured badly.  bruises down his spine and shoe mark on his abdomen.  Bowel torn in two.  Major emergency surgery to save his life AND SHE WAS NOT ARRESTED AND CHARGED.  Not enough to secure a conviction I was told.  Anyway, this is where the security issues started.  He is doing much better at 14 but it will forever leave an emotional scar.  This is also why I am planning to leave him a very long while  at 25 mg when he gets down to 25, to see how he is coping.  Thought this insight was important to his story.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

How horrible, Frustrated! Hopefully he can have a slow, uneventful taper!

Just read through your post and noticed you had intrusive thoughts and fears. I get them and it's horrible. Keep thinking I will snap and do something stupid...so out of character for me. I wish it was only physical symptoms - the psychological ones are the worst!

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

I am sorry to hear your son was put on sug a strong drug at such a young age. I don't know what these doctors are thinking - it makes me so angry. Seroquel for anxiety???

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Ya only for anxiety and I believe the med he is on is an antipsychotic. I really think doctors just throw drugs at patients instead of listening to them and trying to help.

And yes muddles the psychological symptoms are by far the hardest on me. That is the reason I reinstated 1.2mg of Paxil after 5 months off. Couldn't deal with the negative thoughs and always being afraid of impending tragedy. I honestly scare myself.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

It is an antipsychotic and its discusting that was prescribed...really gets me angry. These effin drugs should not be given to young people full stop! It makes me want to go hunt your doctor down! You weren't to know though...we all trusted our doctors.

It's the only thing that Keeps me here...knowing if I wasn't my children may well be in that doctors office with prescriptions thrown at them. This has destroyed them enough and I worry for them but I'm hoping as they grow older I will be able to educate them more and that they will forgive me and understand just how prescription drugs destroyed their mother.

You will get there frustrated. I think maybe you should get yourself well before tackling your sons tapering. We need to be careful when we are so vulnerable. added stress to you will set you back. It's a hard place to be. Hugs.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

The sense of doom and dread is hideous. Never really get a break from that! Feel for you.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Thanks muddles. You are kind. I can tell you my two daughters will never touch these meds. They are aware of how clueless the doctor is and how dangerous these drugs are. I do plan to take my son's taper verrrrrry slowly but have to at least start because he is having health issues with the meds. Although the doctor denies it is the med. I switched him from extended release to regular seroquel a few weeks ago. His glands are less swollen now. His chest pain has calmed now so I started his taper. He is taking 45 mg now and I plan to hold him there for a few months. If I wait until I am healed He may be stuck on meds for the next year. As it is I reinstated 1.2 mg myself that will need tapering now.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

OH MAN!  My daughter wants me to go to the mall with her.  This should be interesting.  I hope I don't have an incident with all those xmas shoppers all around me.  Wish me luck.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

I had to do it yesterday and was terrified but it turned out ok. Good luck!

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Oh my... I couldn't get near the mall right now!!

Goodluck! I barely make it to McDonalds for my 2 sips of decaf :-/

You can do it!

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Oh my gosh! I am home! I DID IT! I harnessed the crazy and I didn't have a panick attack. My muscles were killing me and my head and chest hurt and I had a bit of trouble breathing but I made it through. Even came home with a talking Olaf snowman for the little one.(snowman from Frozen) she was thrilled! Kinda proud of myself.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Way to fight through Frustrated.  Each time builds on the last and it will get easier.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Awesome! You did it! I just don't have it in me right now!

You guys are so great to congratulate me! I appreciate it. I didn't think I had it in me either and I worried on my way there. It is hard to get off the couch when you hurt and have horrible psychological symptoms all the time. I feel totally broken and faulty most days and just want to sit in the corner. Going to the mall at xmas was BIG and it was nice to go out with my daughter.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Well done Frustrated!  

And the impending doom thing is a b****.   Thankfully mine has gone now.   Maybe just a little left, as in a little 'worried' things might fall apart again.  But not that horrible doom thing.  Phew

You are very brave and stronger than you think I reckon.

:)

Put on Prothiaden for severe depression in 1989.  Recovered.   Prescribed Paxil for another bout of depression around 2000.   Have been trying to taper ever since but always crash about 2 months after getting to zero.   Because of the crashes, for years I thought that there was something wrong with me.   Then found that the crashes were simply withdrawal.   Now following a maximum of a 10% reduction every month or so and ready to slow down any time I feel any symptoms whatsoever.  Feeling good:).

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

Thx for your kind words ever. You are sweet and I appreciate it.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Just wanted to stop by and say "Hi", and wish you a good day today!

Yay! Knew you could do it!

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

OK I kept my promise to my son and went to Walmart with him, but I am at the end of my bravery rope now.  I reeled in the crazy long enough to shop with him but when I discovered all the checkouts were 50 people long I nearly lost it.  Noone got hurt but I will be staying home now until well after the holidays.  I seem to be functioning the last couple of days.  Still have aches and pains and running thoughts etc but I haven't totally been stuck in the corner of the couch.  Perhaps the reinstatement is working a small amount after a few weeks of being on it or I have been lucky enough to have a bit of a break.  Whatever the reason I am ready for Christmas now and don't have to leave the house for a few days.  WHEW!

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

I would like to think we're done as well, but I know something else will come up. I bought gifts online, but that still left wrapping supplies, etc. Thought we had more left over from last year than we did. I normally have a hard enough time (severe Chronic Fatigue), but this year it's impossible. Today has been a pretty good day so far. I don't know when I will get another one!! Back hurts, but akathisia is low level.

That is fabulous luv2knit. You can use all the breaks you can get. I hope the rest of your day stays at a lower level.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

I do too... It keeps feeling like it is going to ramp up, but then settles.