SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ nz11 climbs onboard

nz11

Hi all

1, can I please have a name change to nz1

2. Can someone explain if possible why I cant paste things into this post? or any post for that matter.

3 Also I cant seem to quote quotes ...do you think its my computer?

4. I now have all the pp success stories on a word document ......yes its been a long day....yet when I upload it I get "you aren't permitted to upload this file" doesn't allow me to copy and paste into a thread.....unless its a pm ....but file is too big ...90 a4 pages....(and its all pure recovery stories) so please advise how we can get this up loaded onto the site ..thanks

Anyone seen the 'General Discussion' thread around here.... im sure its here somewhere!

That's all for now.

nz1

Hey I did manage to upload a recovery story found by bilo which I pdf-d

now need to get the success stories up...

A Recovery story discovered by Bilo.pdf

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Hi NZ good to see you!

Paxil start September 2003 due to Fluoroquinolone adverse reaction that I wish doc. knew what it was. 10mg. most of the time with a few short runs of 20mg. FAST tapered 3 times and finally hit poop out or a reaction to nsaid's in Nov.2013. Started a 10% taper Jan. 2014 and have been ok until Sept 14 and went through a short hell. Now plodding through and looking for the light with unrelenting insomnia and pain, fog, loss of interests....<p>12/20/14 - .8mg.

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

1/15/15 - .42 mg. better sleep now, hope it continues...

2/11-15 - .25 mg. doing really good!! 2 weeks feel 85% of old me!

3/17/15 .14 mg. Knee pain bad!

4/07/15 .05 mg. this is so small now that I am estimating and just licking it off palm small as a "." 

4/13/15 NOTHING !!!! Took my last little micro dose on 4/12/15. 

Thanks for that recovery story you attached, nz1.  Good to see you here.

1983-1995: On and off several tricyclic ADs
1995: Quit alcohol, started Prozac
2003: Stopped Prozac; 2004: Started Effexor XR 225
2014: Tried and failed three rapid tapers; stopped cold turkey March 11, 2014, eight days of Prozac as a bridge.
March 19, 2014: SSRI/SSNI free; four weeks acute withdrawal, then five month window of minimal symptoms.

Sept 2014-June 2015: Delayed, prolonged severe withdrawal from Effexor. Roller coaster, way up and way down.  Symptoms swing widely. Clear improvement in Mar-Apr, but still much hell. In May symptoms shifted to insomnia and depression, less HA, tinnitus and brain fog.

July-Sept 2015: After two weeks of using CES device, tremendous relief of insomnia, depression and other symptoms. Feeling much better, finally! Symptoms still come and go, good and bad days.Sneaking up on return to good health.  Alto gave me a 'Here Comes the Sun'!!!  ☼

Oct 2015-Feb 2016: Difficult several months, some good days but the bad days felt like I'm moving backwards.  Struggling after steady improvement, but hanging tough.

Current supplements:  Mg-Threonate; glutathione; krill oil; borage oil; phosphatidyl choline; multivite, vit B12, vit C, vit D vit E; OTC meds pseudoephedrine in the AM and benadryl at bedtime.  Clonidine 0.2 bid for high blood pressure.

Filled with hope, courage and self-appreciation.

Hi nz1-- there's been this guy, markca, that is claiming to be you but I know he's an impostor. LOL  It's great that you were able to save the Success Stories, thanks for putting in all the work.  I think they are very important to have available.  From what I have found they don't have a "General Discussion" area here,  most of the back and forth is carried out on each individuals thread.  If things pertain to a specific topic like tapering or supplements and the like there are special forums for them, and the Lounge is referred to as "Off Topic".

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Welcome NZ1! Nice to see you here on SA ☺

Was on Citalopram 20mg since Feb 2008 - switched to Paxil 20mg in August 2010

Tapered way too fast in April 2012 by skipping days. Taper completed in 6 weeks

Tried prozac 20mg for 3 days - felt spaced out, not better.

Tried 30mg Cymbalta for 2 days. SEVERE ADVERSE REACTION

Antidepressant free since 14 August 2012

Birth control on and off during this time - Last taken 18 June 2017 - Morning after pill 

Started mainly using 0.5mg Xanax beginning 2016 for severe panic attacks and anxiety due to trauma

Xanax on and off never more than 0.5mg at a time, never taking it 3 days in a row - used sparingly 

6 Years antidepressant free - Still in severe withdrawal with over 60 symptoms

Severe setback started May 2018 with no let up to date. Developed many new symptoms like tremors, inner vibrations, insomnia, visual distortions and dr/dp are 100x worse, i have severe sensitivity to movement, My dizziness and vertigo got worse and it now feels like im constantly rocking on a boat, my anxiety is sky high, suicidal idiation is back, i feel extremely brain damaged 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi and welcome to SA. Brassmonkey has it right about this forum. It is different to most because it is very structured

so that people can find information easily. We encourage people to post in the different topics but to keep it to keep them 

on track with comments on what the topic is about. Questions and updates about your taper would be here in your thread.

It can take some getting used to but it works well this way and makes things much easier for people searching. 

There isn't a general discussion thread but there is off topic where you can talk about anything and everything.  :)

Re the name change, you need to contact Alto by private message as she is the only one who can change names.

Explain why you need to do that because there were lots of people wanting to change names and she had to restrict

to changing for valid reasons. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Hi Nz1!  So glad to see you here!!!!  You are a great member of the crew!

zoloft 2004-08 tapered too fast(2 weeks)
Luvox 5/08 100 mg 07/10 40mg via small reductions, 08/10 39mg, 09/10 38mg, 10/10 37mg, 11/10 36mg,2/11 35mg, 5/11 34mg, 8/11 33mg, 11/11 32mg, 01/12 31mg, 03/12 30mg, 4/12 29mg, 5/12 28 mg, 8/12 27 mg, 11/12 26 mg, 1/13 25 mg, 3/13 24 mg, 4/13 23 mg,6/13 22 mg, 7/13 21 mg, 8/13 20mg, 10/13 19 mg, 11/13 18 mg, 12/13 17 mg, 1/14 16 mg, 3/14 13 mg, 9/14 10.9 mg,  1/15 10 mg, 3/15  9 mg,  5/15 8 mg. 11/15 7.12 mg.  4/16  5 mg, 6/16   4.5 mg,  9/16 4.2 mg, 1/17 3.48 mg, 2/17  3.2 mg,  4/17 2.2 mg, 5/17 2.0 mg, 6/17  1.74 mg, 7/17 1.58 mg, 9/17 1.27 mg, 11/17 1.0 mg,  1/18 0.79 mg

Hi all

1, can I please have a name change to nz1

2. Can someone explain if possible why I cant paste things into this post? or any post for that matter.

3 Also I cant seem to quote quotes ...do you think its my computer?

4. I now have all the pp success stories on a word document ......yes its been a long day....yet when I upload it I get "you aren't permitted to upload this file" doesn't allow me to copy and paste into a thread.....unless its a pm ....but file is too big ...90 a4 pages....(and its all pure recovery stories) so please advise how we can get this up loaded onto the site ..thanks

Anyone seen the 'General Discussion' thread around here.... im sure its here somewhere!

That's all for now.

nz1

Hey I did manage to upload a recovery story found by bilo which I pdf-d

now need to get the success stories up...

mammap,

I think PP members might be confused because Alto posted an exception to the usual policy about name changes in Off-Topic: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/7513-paxil-progress-is-closing/?p=108877 (See #2.)

Could you clarify if PMs to Alto are now preferred?

NZ, I will not be changing my user name back to my PP name because I wanted to ditch it long ago, hated it. (Laurie had readily agreed to change it for me but I never supplied her with a new one, and then stopped participating much in the group.)

But due to the recent events, I just put my PP name in my sig here. I expect Alto will change your user name as soon as she can once she sees your request, but thought I'd suggest my method if that would help just during this hectic transition, with so many new applications to be processed here so PP refugees can come ashore (!).

(My sig is from way back and I often don't enable it because it takes up too much valuable real estate. Will edit it when I can. [Don't hold your breath.] lol. But I'll include it here (and when relevant - or when I often forget not to) to give an example of what I mean.

I'll mention to Alto as soon as I can that you were a very frequent poster on PP and that a name change when is able would help people find you better. I think the word is already getting around that you're you, though!

Edit: Forgot to mention that Alto's post I linked to above, also contains a good explanation about General Discussion/forums here too, NZ.

Edited by Brandy

I was "TryingToGetWell" (aka TTGW) on paxilprogress. I also was one of the original members here on Surviving Antidepressants

I had horrific and protracted withdrawal from paxil, but now am back to enjoying life with enthusiasm to the max, some residual physical symptoms continued but largely improve. The horror, severe derealization, anhedonia, akathisia, and so much more, are long over.

My signature is a temporary scribble from year 2013. I'll rewrite it when I can.

If you want to read it, click on http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/209-brandy-anyone/?p=110343

Hi Nz1, glad to see you here

end of 2010, prescribed paxil 20mg

1 year off cold turkey  september 2011- september 2012 (nightmare) escitalopram for 4 months (didn't help).

RI september 2012 20mg

october 2013 crash reaching 10mg

10/31/2013 updose to 14mg

1/3/2014-13mg

2/23/2014-12mg

4/6/2014-11mg

august 2014-10mg

November-December 2014 Big mistake, skipping doses BIG Crash

January 2015- 12 mg

Thanks for the welcome DLB, Offefexor, brassmonkey, OliviaS, MammaP, mustangwoman, Brandy, and Fenrir.

Wow such a pleasant surprise to see you TTGW...i still remember that very impressive speedy advise you gave me on escaped dogs.

Tom, so glad you are here, I see you are leaving me for dead at the moment in our little competition  ...I must say I just feel gutted and don't have the energy at the moment to compete, so I declare you the winner... its all a bit overwhelming this new site. I do hope we can get read only access to pp.

MammaP thanks for your kind welcome,  I did manage to read one of the moderators welcoming and informative comments to a newbie  ...and my word what a slick smooth professional operation is being run here. Stunningly impressive.

Yes I guess I can accept my name as is for the meantime ...alto told me she is run off her feet at the moment ...poor thing no surprises there. So no problem.

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Moderator Emeritus

Brandy....Only the administrator can make a name change, mods have limited accessibility.  

It's going to take some getting used to a new forum for all you PP folks but I'm sure we will 

all get along great together.  :)

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Administrator

Mark, screen names need to be 4 characters or longer.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thanks,

ok how bout nz11

Recovering paxil addict

Found this on the other site not too sure if its here on sa im sure it probably is..............anyway i just joined a whole lot more dots reading this.

Anyway im going to put it here in the meantime

Somnolence
Insomnia
Agitation
Tremor
Dizziness
Nervousness
Headache
AstheniaPalpitation
Vasodilation
Constipation
Nausea
Diarrhea
Dry mouth
Vomiting
Flatulence
Abnormal ejaculation
Sweating
Impotence
Libido Decreased
Rash
Decreased Appetite
Oropharynx Disorder
Dyspepsia
Myalgia
Myasthenia
Paresthesia
Drugged Feeling
Confusion
Respiration Yawn
Blurred Vision
Taste Perversion
Urinary Frequency
Abdominal Pain
Back pain
Chest pain
Dysphagia
Eructation
Gastritis
Gastroenteritis
Gingivitis
Glossitis
Increased salivation
Rectal hemorrhage
Ulcerative stomatitis
Amenorrhea
Breast pain
Cystitis
Dysuria
Hematuria
Menorrhagia
Nocturia
Polyuria
Urinary incontinence
Urinary retention
Urinary urgency
Vaginal moniliasis
Vaginitis
Breast atrophy
Breast enlargement
Endometrial disorder
Epididymitis
Neuralgia
Neuropathy
Nystagmus
Peripheral neuritis
Psychotic depression
Reflexes decreased
Reflexes increased
Stupor
Torticollis
Trismus

Bloody diarrhea
Bulimia
Cholelithiasis
Duodenitis
Enteritis
Esophagitis
Fecal impactions
Fecal incontinence
Gum hemorrhage
Hematemesis
Hepatitis
Ileus
Intestinal obstruction
Jaundice
Melena
Mouth ulceration
Peptic ulcer
Stomatitis
Tongue discoloration
Tongue edema
Tooth caries
Diabetes Mellitus
Goiter
Hyperthyroidism
Hypothyroidism
Thyroiditis
Anemia
Eosinophilia
Leukocytosis
Leukopenia
Lymphadenopathy
Purpura
Abnormal erythrocytes
Basophilia
Bleeding time increased
Hypochromic anemia
Iron deficiency
Flu like symptoms
Lump in throat
Anorgasmia
Erectile Difficulties
Chills
Dyspepsia
Abnormal dreams
Impaired concentration
Depersonalization
Amnesia
System Pharyngitis
Sinusitis
Malaise
Face Edema
Moniliasis
Neck pain
Adrenergic
Female lactation
Fibrocystic breast
Kidney calculus
Kidney pain
Leukorrhea
Mastitis
Metrorrhagia
Nephritis
Oliguria
Pyuria
Urethritis
Voice alteration
Acne
Alopecia
Contact dermatitis
Dry skin
Ecchymosis
Eczema
Furunculosis Syndrome
Cellulitis
Neck rigidity
Pelvic pain
Peritonitis
Ulcer
Tachycardia
Bradycardia
Hematoma
Migraines
Syncope
Angina pectoris
Arrhythmia nodal
Atrial fibrillation
Bundle branch block
Cerebral ischemia
Cerebrovascular accident
Congestive heart failure
Heart block
Low cardiac output
Myocardial infarct
Myocardial ischemia
Pallor
Phlebitis
Pulmonary embolus
Thrombosis
Varicose vein
Vascular headache
Ventricular Extrasystoles
Bruxism
Colitis
Lymphedema
Abnormal lymphocytes
Edema
Peripheral edema
SGOT increased
SGPT increased
Thirst
Bilirubinemia
BUN increased
Gout
Hypercalcemia
Hypercholesteremia
Hyperglycemia
Uterine spasm
Urolith
Vaginal hemorrhage
Priapism
Bradykinesia,
Cogwheel rigidity
Dystonia
Hypertonia
Abnormal gait
Akinesia
Antisocial reaction
Aphasia
Choreoathetosis
Circumoral paresthesias
Convulsion
Delusions
Diplopia
Drug dependence
Dysarthria
Extrapyramidal syndrome
Fasciculations
Grand mal convulsion
Hyperalgesia
Hysteria
Manic-depressive reaction
Meningitis
Myelitis
Hirsutism Hyperkalemia
Hyperphosphatemia
Hypocalcemia
Hypoglycemia
Hypokalemia
Hyponatremia
Ketosis
Arthritis
Arthrosis
Bursitis
Myositis
Osteoporosis
Generalized spasm
Tenosynovitis
Tetany
Emotional lability
Vertigo
Abnormal thinking
Alcohol abuse
Ataxia
Delirium
Dystonia
Dyskinesia
Euphoria
Hallucinations
Hostility
Hypertonia
Hypesthesia
Hypokinesia
Incoordination
Seborrhea
Skin discoloration
Skin hypertrophy
Skin ulcer
Sweating decreased
Lack of emotion
Libido increased
Manic reaction
Neurosis
Paralysis
Paranoid reaction
Psychosis
Vesiculobullous rash
Herpes simplex
Maculopapular
Rash
Photosensitivity
Urticaria
Angioedema
Fungal dermatitis
Herpes zoster
Lymphocytosis
Microcytic anemia
Monocytosis
Normocytic anemia
Thrombocythemia
Thrombocytopenia
Withdrawal syndrome
Asthma
Bronchitis
Dyspnea
Epistaxis
Hyperventilation
Pneumonia
Respiratory flu
Emphysema
Hemoptysis
Hiccups
Lung fibrosis
Pulmonary edema
Sputum increased

This list was obtained from a GSK written prescription information document: http://www.paxilprogress.org/pdf/us_paxil.pdf

This content has been taken out of context for ease of presentation, and is not indicative of any symptom you should expect or be directly worried about. The list includes side effects that were been observed by GSK during pre/post market evaluation of their product. Also note:

1. We have removed statistical data that would be indicative of symptom frequency, for what condition (anxiety, depression, OCD etc.) and pre/post market status.
  2. The reported adverse events were classified using a standard COSTART-based Dictionary terminology.
  3. Data is derived from Treatment-Emergent Adverse Experience Incidence in Placebo-Controlled Clinical Trials.

This means that the symptoms listed are conditions reported but not necessarily caused by Paxil. They haven't been discredited completely either .

............................//..................................................

Just dispicable telling patients this drug is safe and nonaddictive.....nothing could be further from the truth. This is not a drug its a poison!

Recovering paxil addict

Thank you for this.  I was telling Jason's psychiatrist - who is a good man, btw - how my hypothryoidism developed while trying to get off this damn drug.  It's listed as a 'rare' side effect but it's there.  I also developed asthma after going c/t off that final 13mg.  An 'infrequent' side effect.  Why is such a dangerous drug still on the market?

Personal history of GAD and 4 melancholic depressive episodes - two treated with Amityptline

Family history of Bipolar Disorder - goes back at least 3 generations

Adult son with autism, ADHD, intellectual disability and Bipolar II

Put on Aropax / Paxil in July 1997 for anther episode.  Decision to stay on it - worst decision of my life.

Began to poop out in late 2008. Switched to Lexapro March 2009.  Made me suicidal.  Tried Cymbalta for 19 days. Horrible w/d.

Found PP and RI'd Aropax at about the same time - August 2009.  Began slow taper in 2010. Crashed in 13-11mg range in mid 2013.  Switched to Citalopram 21 Oct 2013 in an attempt to stabilise.

There are things that are known, and things that are unknown; in between are doors - Anonymous

https://itunes.apple.com/au/book/longing-for-life/id958423649  My book about my unsuccessful journey through IVF

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Nz1!  So glad to see you here!!!!  You are a great member of the crew!

Agree!

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

Yes junior have to agree with you there.

This is not a medicine this is an absolute poison!! How can a doctor say safe and not addictive and then sleep ok at night knowing he has pushed people into this by uninformed consent! under a wrapper of lies!

Look whats on the list...........flatulence!! ...yep in my family and friends i am famous for it!

insomnia is there as well ...and it is now 4am in the morning and im reading sa because of it.....then there are the much more horrifying side effects they are all there too

Oh i forgot to state:

above the list is taken from the paxil/paroxetine PIL (patient information leaflet)...i only found it this last week.

Can still remember my doctor saying ..."safe and not addictive"....yeah right.... ....'dependence' is even on the list ....Holy Crap!! How can i ever forgive myself for this horrifying scam i got pushed into!

Recovering paxil addict

Thanks songbird.

Recovering paxil addict

Must say a lot on the list i cant even say the word let alone know what it is ..that doesnt mean because i cant say it i dont have it.

Anyone know what 'tongue edema ' is.

I have vertical cut like grooves in my tongue surface ...could that be it.

Recovering paxil addict

Swollen Tongue. Cn ba too present n maas ie ard ta taolk.   With these drugs effecting the nervous system I can see that they are involved in mimicking almost every ailment there is.  I have noted at lot of people on the boards seem to be having thyroid trouble or Lyme.  The thyroid I can almost write off to coincidence, but find it hard to believe that that many people have suffered infected tick bites, especially when they live in cities and never get into tick areas.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

BM which word means 'infected tick bite'?

Recovering paxil addict

Thats some list. I noticed breast enlargement on that list too.... I got the short end there, lol...and wow...excema and fungal dermatitis, explains my itchy feet and excema riddled hands. Not sure where infected tick bite is either...theres some crazy words there!!! 

2 Timothy 1-7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Effexor 75mg to 262.5mg 2005-2010 for post partum depression

Started having poop out mid 2010, also switched generic brands, then crashed in Dec 2010 (anxiety/ "terror", intense DR, anhedonia, suicidal ideation, chills, insomnia, horrible intrusive thoughts, disorientation, ect)
Rapid "tapered" from 262.5mg Effexor in 3 months

Tried Celexa,Cipralex, then Paxil to deal with wd(this switching made things worse and added akathesia)

Found online support and started tapering Paxil 7 months after quitting Effexor (at this point was having small windows).

Paxil taper: dropped 10% every 4-8 weeks

Year 1 October 2011 to Nov 2012 20mg to 10mg

Year 2 March 2013 to Feb 2014 10mg to 4mg

Year 3 April 2014 to May 2015 4mg to 1.1mg

Year 4 June 2015 1.1mg , dropping by 10% until .5mg, after then dropped by 0.1mg every 5 weeks until 0.1mg.

Finished! Official last dose of 0.1mg on June 15/16

OMG!  Is there any bodily system this stuff can't muck up?  I always wondered if the problems I have developed with the brightness of headlights from oncoming traffic at night had anything to do with paxil.  If I knew what half of those words meant I am sure I could find it on the list :)

On and off Paroxetine 20mg 2003-2014 for panic disorder with agoraphobia.  Came off three times via the 'Prozac bridge' but only managed to be off for 3,5 and 9 months before panic attacks started and I rushed back to the doctor asking for more paxil.  After the last relapse the doctor decided to give me prozac instead and the start up activating effects nearly killed me.  Went to my first psychiatrist at that point who instantly put me on 40 mg paxil.  I couldn't tolerate it that high, became a raging alcoholic within days and manic, so dropped back to 20mg.  That's when I finally I finally felt I had hit rock bottom and started desperately searching for information on these drugs.  Discovered the real truth and found out about the 10% taper and CBT etc.  Tapered without too many problems over 13 months until hitting a bad patch at  3.1mg.  Jumped off 3.1g on 27th April 2014.  Got instant relief from coming off and was off for 8 months doing ok battling the panic attacks with CBT.  Ups and downs particularly insomnia, down to 1-2 hours sleep a night for 6 months.  17/1/15 had a breakdown, panic attacks lasting all day and night, no sleep for three days straight.  Referred to the mental health crisis team for intervention.

20/1/14 started 10mg clomipramine and 1 mg lorazapam at night.

Thats some list. I noticed breast enlargement on that list too.... I got the short end there, lol...and wow...excema and fungal dermatitis, explains my itchy feet and excema riddled hands. Not sure where infected tick bite is either...theres some crazy words there!!! 

yeah i have developed a kind of excema or a psorisis type scabs behind ears and on arms in patches ...what is that all about had one on my leg for ages now seems to have gone ...is kind of like a scab that never heals

Recovering paxil addict

I wanted to add this to my journal as i am getting a lot of mileage out of it at the moment it is some  very informative stuff put up by  Altostrata.

I think i will add stuff straight away to this journal when i find it else i cant find it again or spend ages searching for it. And it will be easy to print out quickly should the ship go down ...if you know what i mean.

The first warning was put on Paxil December 14, 2001, as a result of a class action lawsuit initiated August 19, 2000. Also see http://usatoday30.us.../paxil-suit.htm

This is how Peter Breggin became famous.

Labeling on other new antidepressants followed, per a 2004 FDA decision.

From my correspondence with the FDA:

"Information on the Paxil discontinuation syndrome was added to the drug label on December 14, 2001. A direct link to the December 2001 label is provided below for your review: http://www.accessdat...20031s29lbl.pdf."

Paxilprogress.org was created 2001-06-20, according to whois http://whois.domaint...xilprogress.org

Im going to post in the next thread the clinical trial data report from Breggin ...very disturbiing info indeed.

Recovering paxil addict

Lyme is transmitted to people through the bites from ticks that are infected with it.  To my knowledge that is the only way we can get it, which is why I am suspicious of so many people in WD having it. 

BTW I am a great fan of enlarged breasts (to a point). (bad monkey, bad monkey) lol

Lyme is transmitted to people through the bites from ticks that are infected with it.  To my knowledge that is the only way we can get it, which is why I am suspicious of so many people in WD having it. 

Thanks Tom for this ...you are a fountain of knowledge.

Recovering paxil addict

Tom!

lolol

Put on Prothiaden for severe depression in 1989.  Recovered.   Prescribed Paxil for another bout of depression around 2000.   Have been trying to taper ever since but always crash about 2 months after getting to zero.   Because of the crashes, for years I thought that there was something wrong with me.   Then found that the crashes were simply withdrawal.   Now following a maximum of a 10% reduction every month or so and ready to slow down any time I feel any symptoms whatsoever.  Feeling good:).

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

The above 'This is how Peter Breggin became famous' link  leads to this link Legal brief for the resolved Paxil withdrawal suit

And its from this link that the below excerpt is taken...Note bold emphasis mine. Not sure how the emoticon got there ...but i guess stranger things have happened! (Recall :Paxil=paroxetine=aropax=loxamine=seroxat=drisdelle=deroxat)

Excerpt from: Paxil Lawsuit Filed In California

The following suit has been brought in the State of California as a result of Dr. Peter Breggin's work with attorney Don Farber in association with the law offices of Vince D. Nguyen.  The suit is brought on behalf of the citizens of California and provides a model for fraud and class action suits in other states and on a national level.    The primary focus of this suit is alleged fraud on the part of SmithKline Beecham in regard to the difficulties involved in withdrawing from their antidepressant Paxil.

NGUYEN & FARBER

Plaintiffs 

vs

SMITHKLINE BEECHAM CORPORATION, and DOES 1 through 20, 

Defendants

Paxil's Clinical Trials

20. From 1980-1991, approximately 5000 patients were tested on Paxil during SKB's clinical trials. Eighty-three (83) different Paxil trials were conducted. Various time periods were involved in the individual trials. Many patients were tested for only a month or 6 weeks. Some were tested longer, including approximately 400 who were in trials longer than a year. SKB pulled out all the stops to ensure the trials were successful. Only two (2) positive trials are required for FDA market approval. By any reasonable person's perspective, Paxil's track record in the clinical trials was poor. After a decade of juggling data in the 83 different trials, SKB was finally able to cite four (4) "positive" trials and three (3) "supportive" trials to justify Paxil's approval. Dropouts in most trials were rampant. Most of the dropouts occurred because Paxil caused adverse experiences, and the victims wanted nothing more to do with the drug.

21.Paxil's clinical trials were a statistical sham. Rather than deal with real numbers, SKB created a fraudulent measuring standard called "patient years" (or "patient exposure years").The need for "patient years" became obvious in the 1980's. It was obvious in the late 1980's and into the 1990's that Paxil clinical patients were attempting suicide and suffering "adverse experiences" at an alarmingly high rate. Moreover, as indicated above, hundreds of Paxil volunteers dropped out because they could not tolerate the drug. The dropout rate was 20%.Fifty-eight (58) patients alone attempted suicide after they were given Paxil. Hundreds of additional Paxil patients suffered adverse experiences caused by the drug In 1991, SKB "ran the numbers" and discovered the absolutely horrible Paxil record. The 58 attempted suicides out of the patient base constituted a suicide rate of 0.77% in real numbers. Under clinical standards, a rate of 1% is considered a "frequent" occurrence. On those numbers, Paxil patients approached a "frequent" suicide rate. This was a far greater suicide rate than "placebo" or the other active drug being tested on the patient population. To avoid a company disaster on the Paxil project, SKB had to change the rules, and shift to the "patient years" sham.

22. The "patient years" standard is a sham by anyone's common sense. It works like this. Assume 366 patients are selected at random to test Paxil. Three hundred and sixty five (365) patients take Paxil and suffer horribly the first day--immediately quitting the test. These patients are called, not surprisingly, "losers." The 366th patient, however, tolerates Paxil quite well, and even improves on the drug, staying in one or more trials for a full year. This patient is a "winner" by SKB standards. Like a champion race horse, this "winner" is entered in all the sweepstake trials for Paxil--and these trials are intentionally programmed to be long. Knowing they have a champion race horse, SKB racks up "points." By anyone's common sense standards, 365 failures out of 366 attempts would render the drug a dismal failure. But not so under "patient years." Under patient years, the one Paxil patient who tolerated the drug for one year counts the same as the 365 patients who couldn't tolerate the drug and dropped out the first day. The "score" in this example is "one patient year" for each side. Not surprisingly, the mathematicians who go along with this voodoo math are subordinate to the physicians and clinicians in the corporate chain of command, and the physicians at the top of the FDA chain of command.

23.In Paxil's clinical trials, SKB ultimately achieved positive results--as it were--because of emphasis on "subjective" testing data. Objective data is very scientific. Subjective data is less scientific. The latter requires more stringent controls to be applied scientifically. Subjective data is subject to the biases, opinions, and prejudices of the person(s) collecting the data. SKB’s subjective data to justify Paxil’s approval was obtained both from physicians, principal investigators ("PI") (most of whom were physicians) and from patients. The physicians and PI's were compensated handsomely by SKB for their participation in the trials. On information and belief, plaintiffs allege these individuals were hired only after appropriate screening to ensure they were friendly to the drug industry and SKB.

24.In the seven (7) clinical trials "supporting" Paxil, SKB used subjective data and evaluation to attempt to demonstrate Paxil reduced suicidality. SKB's methods, however, were "softball" and not a true test of Paxil's efficacy. Even members of the FDA committee later voting to approval Paxil questioned the easy criteria on which they were compelled to vote. Two members questioned the validity of using outpatients (rather than inpatients) and outpatients, at that, who were not severely depressed. Two such subjective methods to determine a patient's suicidal tendencies included the "Hamilton" testing method and the "MADRS" testing method. It takes an experienced physician working patiently and deliberately to obtain accurate "Hamilton" and "MADRS" readings. Physicians interview patients thoroughly to determine accurate "Hamilton" and "MADRS" readings. To determine a patient's suicidality over a six (6) week clinical trial, the patient has to be interviewed and observed weekly. Patients, like poll responders in general, often respond to the poll taker according to expectations. If the patient believes the doctor wants to hear that the patient is feeling better today, the patient will answer “yes” to the question “Are you feeling better today?” The patient knows what the doctor expects to hear. Patients are recruited for clinical trials by a variety of methods, including the inducement of “free” medication. To a depressed person who often has had expensive medical bills over several years, the inducement of “free” medication is often akin to the enticement awarded alcoholics for selling blood to a blood bank for hard cash. Given the psychologically dominant position of the physician over the patient, rare is the patient who will openly challenge the physician and depart from the physician's expectation. Clinical trials are supposed to be conducted under rules which minimize biases and prejudices of the PI’s and patients. While “blind” and “double blind” techniques are the vehicles used to enhance the integrity of randomization, biases and prejudices of the sponsor and clinician still come in to play. Trained physicians observe patients and can make intelligent assessments on whether the patient is randomized on the placebo sugar coated pill--or is on an active drug .If a patient relatively normal at the start of a placebo trial (placebo vs Paxil) is "jumping" around the physician's office and "hyper" after the trial begins, it is evident the patient is on Paxil. Good results are then documented. Suicidality indices decrease. An "active" trial (placebo vs Paxil vs active drug "imipramine") is not quite so simple, but almost so. The "jumping/hyper" patient in this instance is known to be on Paxil or imipramine. Statistically, the clinician biased for the sponsor's success will do the same as in the previous example. S/he finds improvement in the patient. This is so for two (2) reasons. First, there is a 50% chance the patient is on Paxil. Thus, the odds favor Paxil over placebo on a 2:1 probability. Secondly, before the test even starts, an SKB designed test will not create a favorable protocol for imipramine. Doses for imipramine will be doubled--or halved--or otherwise varied from the most effective imipramine dosage in order that Paxil will be sure to out-perform imipramine. As with the above patient population issue, a member of the FDA commission ultimately voting on Paxil expressed concern on the record that SKB's imipramine doses were not well formulated. While in these subjective testing programs, most outpatients checked in with the PI’s on a weekly basis. This pleading is not intended to document the full range of "subjective" testing to obtain Paxil's FDA approval. Rather plaintiff alleges testing methods were jockeyed back and forth, e.g. subjective vs objective, always with the goal of achieving the most favorable results for Paxil--and casting the most unfavorable results for placebo and the "other" drug.

25.Paxil's addictive traits, central to this lawsuit, played a secondary role in the clinical trials leading up to Paxil's approval by FDA in 1992.In 1988, a clinical trial potentially addressing the withdrawal issue commenced. In that trial SKB sponsored a Paxil "relapse" trial in Yugoslavia (the "Yugoslavia trial" or "relapse trial").SKB knew that a positive FDA vote for Paxil would be more likely if they could prove that patients taking the drug not only experienced improvement from their depressive state, but that Paxil also prevented "relapse." To be eligible for participation, patients had to have suffered a major depressive disorder and experienced a history of recurring depression. All patients took Paxil in "Phase I" of the trial. For "Phase II," the patients were randomized into two separate groups. One group remained on Paxil. The second group shifted to placebo, the sugar coated pill. Given the randomization assignments, the placebo patients--having just completed active Paxil ingestion in Phase I--would be vulnerable to withdrawal symptoms given the imposed "cold turkey" circumstances in which they were placed .If SKB had been sincere in detecting any Paxil inducement of physical and/or psychological dependency, SKB would have set up a systematic monitoring program for the placebo group. Phase II was an ideal test bed for that purpose. But SKB knew of their drug's propensity to addict and, therefore, had no such intention of falling into that trap. SKB's objective was to prove Paxil's efficacy, not to give the regulators ammunition to scuttle the project. SKB intended to prove that Paxil patients do not "relapse." SKB thus cleverly set the relapse bar very high (the "relapse criteria") in order to make relapse extremely rare. Their relapse criteria were as follows. Relapse was defined as:(a) a condition requiring additional treatment for the patient, ( B) a worsening of the severity of illness index by a factor of "2" since the last outpatient visit, © an overall severity of illness score of at least "4," a deterioration in depressive condition for a minimum of seven (7) days, and (d) an admission by the patient that his/her own criteria for a major depressive episode existed.

26.After Phase II of the Yugoslavia trial commenced, it is alleged on information and belief that the placebo patients began experiencing massive Paxil withdrawal symptoms. This occurred in 1989 and 1990.The SKB agents in Yugoslavia conducting the trial, however, were not looking for "withdrawal" symptoms. They were looking for relapse criteria. When a patient goes to the doctor's office, scientifically validated medical procedures should be followed by the physician in order to attain an accurate diagnosis. In the case of ongoing clinical trials, however, as with the "Hamilton" suicidality indices, the physicians as well as the patients are on a pre-planned glide path in accordance with the trial protocol. Given this was a relapse study, medical ethics require the responsible clinician to abandon the trial for patient emergencies and safety, and to always follow sound medical procedures. Nevertheless, the high stakes nature of the clinical trials likely prevailed in the PI's mind. This does not necessarily suggest that the PI is intentionally cheating. What is does suggest are that test objectives taint the prism through which the PI observes patient symptoms. In the Yugoslavia trial, when the placebo patients walked into the doctor's office suffering withdrawal symptoms, the SKB agents saw relapse criteria, not symptoms of withdrawal. Alternatively, it is alleged on information and belief that many physicians in Phase II of the Yugoslavia study indeed detected and reported Paxil withdrawal symptoms for what they were. They did this in written patient summaries submitted to SKB headquarters .However, because of SKB's study design and desire to avoid the "withdrawal" issue at all costs, SKB chose to interpret the withdrawal data as "relapse" data and reported it as such to the FDA.

27.SKB had a heyday in running up positive statistics for Paxil in Phase II of the Yugoslavia trial. In many of the eighty-three (83) trials comprising the entire clinical testing program over a decade, placebo, the sugar coated pill, "beat" Paxil in the statistics. That means Paxil was worse than no treatment at all (a conclusion, not surprisingly, that critics of SSRI's insist is the true scientific result).Even in the seven (7) tests ultimately claimed to be positive for Paxil before the FDA, Paxil's superiority over placebo was very marginal and required statistical fine tuning--as in "patient years"--to reach that result. In Phase II of the Yugoslavia trial, however, SKB's statistics resulted in Paxil shellacking the daylights out of placebo. At the six (6) month mark in Phase II, SKB reported placebo patients suffered 450% more relapse incidents than did the Paxil patients. Eighteen (18) placebo patients suffered "relapse," SKB so reported, but only four (4) Paxil patients. This published result was to show that patients staying on Paxil continued to enjoy a normal, "depression free" life, but that those abandoning the drug would suffer relapse back into a depressive state. It is alleged on information and belief that most of these placebo patients were suffering withdrawal--not relapse--and that these trial results were a massive and cruel hoax.

28. In the meantime, SKB knew they had to keep a lid on the Yugoslavia trial to avoid detailed scrutiny by the FDA.SKB further knew that government regulators and mental health professionals were aware of the withdrawal issue and would look long and hard at any assertions SKB might claim in this area. SKB further knew that any claim connecting the "relapse" and "withdrawal" issues would be reviewed before the FDA committee that would vote on Paxil. Aware of this dilemma, SKB decided to massage the problem through back channel communications with Thomas Laughren, MD, a high official in the FDA.SKB felt if they could convince Dr. Laughren of the good "relapse" statistics in the Yugoslavia trial, they could avert the hard questioning of the FDA committee members on the withdrawal issue. Having "FDA" on your side before the FDA committee, it was felt, was good politics and a way to subtly shift responsibility for the issue away from SKB. To implement their tactic, SKB emphasized to Dr. Laughren that the Yugoslavia trial protocol was designed to detect relapse. At the same time, SKB told Laughren, they would do their best to detect and report on Paxil's withdrawal issues during Phase II. Given that "withdrawal" at that moment was not a front burner issue, that explanation satisfied the FDA official.

13.The physician depends upon information contained in the "Physicians' Desk Reference" ("PDR") to select a drug for the patient. The physician determines the "prescribing information" and "labeling" of a particular drug by perusing the PDR. Most physicians know very little about individual drug products. Reliance on information in the PDR is thus critical in determining whether a particular drug is appropriate for a particular patient. Drug manufacturers, such as defendant SKB, are fully responsible for the accuracy of information on their particular drugs listed in the PDR. While the prescribing information and labeling must be approved by the FDA before it is released to the PDR, regulatory approval does not mitigate the manufacturer's legal responsibility for complete accuracy of content. Notwithstanding the physician's key role, the patient through advice from the physician and the concept of informed consent has the right to make the decision to use or reject a particular drug. Even if Paxil happens to be efficacious in treating depression, the prospective Paxil taker has a right to know in advance that Paxil induces dependency. Paxil, in fact, induces dependency. However that fact has not been conveyed to physicians or patients. As a result, many patients have unwittingly developed dependency on Paxil. These patients have never given informed consent, and are addicted to Paxil involuntarily.

Recovering paxil addict

Ever--  It's the drugs, really, they make me say inappropriate things at the right time, honestly, it's the drugs I tell you. lol

That article is going to take some digging through, something to do later today.  Hope you had a great New Years, it's just rally getting going here.

( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( Man HUGS )  ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) )

^^^ What he said. Except the man hugs. LOL  You can have woman hugs if you like.....

Personal history of GAD and 4 melancholic depressive episodes - two treated with Amityptline

Family history of Bipolar Disorder - goes back at least 3 generations

Adult son with autism, ADHD, intellectual disability and Bipolar II

Put on Aropax / Paxil in July 1997 for anther episode.  Decision to stay on it - worst decision of my life.

Began to poop out in late 2008. Switched to Lexapro March 2009.  Made me suicidal.  Tried Cymbalta for 19 days. Horrible w/d.

Found PP and RI'd Aropax at about the same time - August 2009.  Began slow taper in 2010. Crashed in 13-11mg range in mid 2013.  Switched to Citalopram 21 Oct 2013 in an attempt to stabilise.

There are things that are known, and things that are unknown; in between are doors - Anonymous

https://itunes.apple.com/au/book/longing-for-life/id958423649  My book about my unsuccessful journey through IVF

Another member posted this elsewhere so i wanted to grab it and store it in a known place before it got sucked into the maze of info and lost track of. Good find.

As far as I have read the first case to ever go to court regarding any ssri was for prozac it was the Wesbecker case... 

"Joseph Wesbecker was on Prozac in September 1989 when he walked into his workplace, a Louisville, KY printing plant, shot dead eight colleagues, wounded 12 others, and killed himself. Survivors and relatives of the dead took Lilly to court in 1994. They claimed that Wesbecker's violence was due to Prozac.

"In the process of serving as the expert medical witness in this case, Dr. Breggin evaluated and testified about a number of key documents (all of which are available below as PDFs). At first, the trial was apparently won by Eli Lilly -- the  jury found that Prozac was not at fault --but the judge later determined that the trial had been rigged; Eli Lilly had paid the plaintiffs to throw the trial by withholding damaging evidence against the company. Dr. Breggin describes his participation in this dramatic case in detail in his latest book, Medication Madness (July 2008).

"For many years after the fixed trial, plaintiffs, attorneys and even the FDA remained unaware of many of the documents Breggin had discovered and/or evaluated. Then in 2004, an anonymous individual sent the documents to the British Medical Journal (BMJ), who published an article about them and also distributed them. When Eli Lilly forced the BMJ to apologize for suggesting that the documents had "disappeared" while in Eli Lilly's care, Breggin wrote an unpublished letter to BMJ explaining how the documents had indeed disappeared (available below). Though criticizing BMJ for saying that the company had in effect hidden the smoking guns, Eli Lilly never actually contested the allegations surrounding the documents -- that the drug company had withheld evidence that Prozac caused suicide.  

http://www.breggin.c...ask=view&id=110

Take note 

"Survivors and relatives of the dead took Lilly to court in 1994"

Recovering paxil addict

That same member posted further info and i am now pasting it here ...Just ordered Bass's book from the library ..

Withdrawal symptoms[edit]

In 2002 the U.S. FDA published a warning regarding "severe" discontinuation symptoms among those terminating paroxetine treatment, including paraesthesia, bad dreams, and dizziness. The Agency also warned of case reports describing agitation, sweating, and nausea.[50] In connection with a Glaxo spokesperson's statement that withdrawal reactions occur only in 0.2% of patients and are "mild and short-lived", the International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Associations said GSK had breached two of the Federation's codes of practice.[citation needed]

The suppression of unfavorable research findings on Paxil by GSK — and the legal discovery process that uncovered it — is the subject of Alison Bass's 2008 book Side Effects: A Prosecutor, a Whistleblower, and a Bestselling Antidepressant on Trial.

Paroxetine prescribing information posted at GlaxoSmithKline now acknowledges the occurrence of a discontinuation syndrome, including serious discontinuation symptoms.[25]

Off-label marketing to children[edit]

In early 2004, GSK agreed to settle charges of consumer fraud for $2.5 million.[51] The legal discovery process also uncovered evidence of deliberate, systematic suppression of unfavorable Paxil research results. One of GSK's internal documents had said, "It would be commercially unacceptable to include a statement that efficacy [in children] had not been demonstrated, as this would undermine the profile of paroxetine".[52]

In 2012 the U.S. Justice Department announced that GSK had agreed to plead guilty and pay a $3 billion fine, in part for promoting the use of Paxil for children.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Paroxetine

Recovering paxil addict

What will follow will be some excerpts from

Peter Gotzsches book 'Deadly Medicines and organized crime.' (2013)

Ch 17 pg 202

Here Gotzsche explains very briefly how Prozac got commercialized. Just disgraceful ...

from the book...it goes something like this ...basically lilly in order to survive as a company had to get Prozac approved. German regulators had already said "unsuitable for the treatment of depression" Swedish psychiatrists laughed when they saw some of the data and thought Lilly was joking wanting to use this drug, the FDA noted serious flaws in the trials.

Then what happened ...Virapen the managing director at Lilly Sweden in order to save his job found out the identity of the independent expert, ...by planting indirect questions to secretaries,...who was going to examine the clinical documentation for the Swedish drug agency. This expert had already rubbished the drug yet in only their second meeting Virapen bribed him by giving him $20,000 in order to get the drug speedily approved. He then demanded that Lilly provide 'a great deal of money ' for his research department. The money being split so that the second half was to be paid when the drug was approved. Gotzsche points out this is exactly how the mob operate when they order a murder.

The appalling saga goes on having the drug approved Lilly refused to make a 5mg dose available only a 20 mg ...why because if they had done that they would have lost 75% of their income.
German regulators were then lobbied under dubious methods.

Having been unbelievably helpful to Lilly ...Lilly then fired Virapen. This is similar to the mob terminating someone who did a murder for them ..remove the murderer because as the mob say 'dead men don't talk'.

After this debacle Swedish anticorruption law was amended.

Lilly then went on to promote Prozac illegally for several non approved ailments.
and so on and so on ...
How did it get approved in the USA ...wait for it ...Lilly bought FDA panel members.
In the 90's they publicly swore the drug was safe yet quietly settled lawsuits out of court keeping incriminating evidence hidden by court order.
p 202-204

I recently saw a talk by Peter that you may be interested in. He goes over some of the stuff from his book: http://vimeo.com/105857822

Recovering paxil addict

Important going forward,

Note:

I realize that this is a public forum and that people can post whatever they like wherever ..i have been in the past accused of assuming ...so may i just ensure that that is not the case from here on in.

I would like to ask ask out of respect for the op that as we have only one thread per person that should it be that a potential poster has a habit of /desire to... perhaps drag a thread into a debate on the existence of two words that start with M &  I, like to talk about the existence of words that start with 'D' or rhyme with 'my molar' ...and throw in the odd words here and there like 'family history' then can i just pre-empt any posting now by saying gently yet assertively....please refrain from doing so on THIS thread as i loathe this debate and find it extraordinarily disturbing (thats the politist way i can put it).

Now that that is cleared up i thank you in advance for your cooperation!

Recovering paxil addict