☼ DLB Winning The Fight

DLB

WOW FABULOUS! That gives me hope for my leg pain. I hope you continue to feel great.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

Thanks clear and frustrated, the pain and weakness is definitely better , I just have to figure out what is wd and what is psoriatic arthritis.

Paxil start September 2003 due to Fluoroquinolone adverse reaction that I wish doc. knew what it was. 10mg. most of the time with a few short runs of 20mg. FAST tapered 3 times and finally hit poop out or a reaction to nsaid's in Nov.2013. Started a 10% taper Jan. 2014 and have been ok until Sept 14 and went through a short hell. Now plodding through and looking for the light with unrelenting insomnia and pain, fog, loss of interests....<p>12/20/14 - .8mg.

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

1/15/15 - .42 mg. better sleep now, hope it continues...

2/11-15 - .25 mg. doing really good!! 2 weeks feel 85% of old me!

3/17/15 .14 mg. Knee pain bad!

4/07/15 .05 mg. this is so small now that I am estimating and just licking it off palm small as a "." 

4/13/15 NOTHING !!!! Took my last little micro dose on 4/12/15. 

*topic moved from symptoms section

I have to go on a med called methotrexate for serious disabling psoriatic arthritis , it does have some scary side effects and some have said it causes brain fog and God knows what it can do to someone in a sensitized state such as myself and healing too. Has anyone ever had any experience with this type of drug? I have to take and fail on it before insurance will pay for the REAL serious drugs like humira or otezla. Does anyone take meds with no problem in withdrawal? I'm scared but have absolutely no choice as I can barely walk on my feet due to joint and tendon inflammation from my immune system attacking them. Starting this stuff tomorrow.

Paxil start September 2003 due to Fluoroquinolone adverse reaction that I wish doc. knew what it was. 10mg. most of the time with a few short runs of 20mg. FAST tapered 3 times and finally hit poop out or a reaction to nsaid's in Nov.2013. Started a 10% taper Jan. 2014 and have been ok until Sept 14 and went through a short hell. Now plodding through and looking for the light with unrelenting insomnia and pain, fog, loss of interests....<p>12/20/14 - .8mg.

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

4/07/15 .05 mg. this is so small now that I am estimating and just licking it off palm small as a "." 

• 2 weeks later...

1 MONTH OFF !!!!!! Doing well , sleep not good and last night I had that weird starving for air as I drift off to sleep thing. Woke myself and fell back to sleep no prob.

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

Absolutely great :) x

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Thanks L&L i should have said I'm doing REALLY good. Just keep busy and keep out of the house and don't dwell on our misery and it gets better. Hang in there everyone.

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

Hey DLB-- great work on passing the one month mark.  I so glad you're doing "REALLY" well.  Keep up the distraction it is a big key to getting through this mess.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Thanks Brass, Looks like Aberdeen and then you are next from the old group. Can't wait for the day I will only come on here occasionally to give advice after writing a success story....

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

• 2 weeks later...

This gives me hope DLB! I am at 10 mg now, down from 40 mg after a fast taper early in the year. Funny thing, you are exactly 1 month older than me, haha. So glad you are doing so well, I will look forward to that in another year or so...

2005-2009, Lexapro 10 - 20 mg, CT WD w/severe depression and anxiety:  2010-2015, Paxil, 30 - 40 mg, tapered off at 10 mg/week, moderate anxiety and depression:  2010-2015, Clonozapam 0.25 mg, as needed for anxiety and sleep:  1/10/2015, Zoloft 25 mg, tried to increase to 50 and 75, but nausea and dizziness:  2/13/2015, Paxil 5 mg, added back after 2 weeks at zero to reduce WD:  2/28/2015, Paxil 10 mg, increased from 5 mg to reduce WD, HOLDING:  3/04/2015, Zoloft discontinued (reduced to ~12.5 mg on 2/19, ~6.25 mg on 2/26, then zero):  4/26/2015, Paxil starting 10% taper (no scale so was inadvertently at 20% taper, yikes!):  4/30/2015, Paxil 10 mg, reinstated (WD disappeared between August 2015 and May 2016)

5/02/2016, Started 10% taper, reinstated to 10 mg on 5/11/16:  4/29/2017, Last dose of Paxil (working with holistic psychiatrist, lots of supplements to aid WD):  Primary symptoms: apathy, demotivation, anhedonia, fatigue, stress intolerance, moderate social anxiety

7/1/2018 Finally feeling like myself again, success!!! Praise God! Even with the stress of relocating recently, I am feeling pretty good most of the time now. Granted, I eat healthy, I exercise, I don't drink caffeine or alcohol and I try hard find a healthy balance of quiet and social times. Hang in there and keep the faith, you can do it too!

This gives me hope DLB! I am at 10 mg now, down from 40 mg after a fast taper early in the year. Funny thing, you are exactly 1 month older than me, haha. So glad you are doing so well, I will look forward to that in another year or so...

Well, I'm not nearly out of the woods yet but since the first time I was off 7 years ago, this is the longest I have been able to go and seem to be getting better and no stuck in hell. Still have sleep and some motivational issues but I have done a lot more recently than in the past year. Slept 6 hours last night with no wake ups or sleep aid . One other weird symptom of late is the feeling of a hot towel being thrown on a part of my body randomly through the day and then it will move to another part the next week. No burning, just heat sensation. 1 month older than u and we were both put on this crap at about the same time in our lives. How I wish to go back to 2003 and stop myself from taking this stuff.

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

Well, like I said above, doing well and actually felt exhausted last night and slept from 11-5'which is typically unheard of. Just some random strange heat sensations and some anhedonia thrown in but not severe, also my close vision for reading has gotten a lot worse in the last 2 months, wonder if it is related and improves.6weeks off now. Oh, I did have one night last week where I did not sleep one wink all night and was just obsessing and doing that weird repeating a song in my mind thing but all is good since then. I guess it was some repairing or something going on. I find that I'm not coming on here as often and searching endlessly for things so I guess that is another positive but I still check in 2-3 times a week and see how everyone is doing .Hope everyone is hanging in there ok

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

Lol..that weird repeating song in my head.

This WD is so strange, isn't it.

I'm glad to hear your doing well.

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

This is good news DLB, glad to hear it!

2 Timothy 1-7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Effexor 75mg to 262.5mg 2005-2010 for post partum depression

Started having poop out mid 2010, also switched generic brands, then crashed in Dec 2010 (anxiety/ "terror", intense DR, anhedonia, suicidal ideation, chills, insomnia, horrible intrusive thoughts, disorientation, ect)
Rapid "tapered" from 262.5mg Effexor in 3 months

Tried Celexa,Cipralex, then Paxil to deal with wd(this switching made things worse and added akathesia)

Found online support and started tapering Paxil 7 months after quitting Effexor (at this point was having small windows).

Paxil taper: dropped 10% every 4-8 weeks

Year 1 October 2011 to Nov 2012 20mg to 10mg

Year 2 March 2013 to Feb 2014 10mg to 4mg

Year 3 April 2014 to May 2015 4mg to 1.1mg

Year 4 June 2015 1.1mg , dropping by 10% until .5mg, after then dropped by 0.1mg every 5 weeks until 0.1mg.

Finished! Official last dose of 0.1mg on June 15/16

• Moderator Emeritus

*topic moved from symptoms section

I have to go on a med called methotrexate for serious disabling psoriatic arthritis , it does have some scary side effects and some have said it causes brain fog and God knows what it can do to someone in a sensitized state such as myself and healing too. Has anyone ever had any experience with this type of drug? I have to take and fail on it before insurance will pay for the REAL serious drugs like humira or otezla. Does anyone take meds with no problem in withdrawal? I'm scared but have absolutely no choice as I can barely walk on my feet due to joint and tendon inflammation from my immune system attacking them. Starting this stuff tomorrow.

I'm sorry you didn't get a response to this question you posted in the symptoms forum, but I'm assuming you have had no problems with starting this new med?   Has it helped?

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Thanks petunia, so far I'm on my 5th week and no real problem but it's not really helping my condition, but it can take 6 to 12 weeks for it to take effect. It is essentially lowering my immune system so it dont attack me. Just nausea the one day i take it per week. It is so hard now to tell what is WD and what is pain from this condition and what is side effects of this new drug. But today is week 7 paxil free and my sleep is getting better and some lifting of anhedonia.

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

• Moderator Emeritus

Its good to hear you've had some improvement in the sleep department and anhedonia.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Wow, what 1 day can do. I was doing so well lately that i didn't feel like posting my 2 month free status because I was too busy and enjoying life. Well, i woke up today just blah and it is getting worse. Terrible sleep last night too. I guess this is windows and waves. What a tease.....

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

I'm in a bad wave too, after my best window yet.

Windows and waves. During waves, I forget about windows. During windows, I forget about waves. Ugh. 

Hell hath no fury as an SSRI scorned.....

Prozac:   20 mg 1996 – May 2003 CT to 0 mg; by Aug 03 CRASH then protracted WD 3 yrs

Zoloft:    2004 few weeks;, CT to 0 mg

Effexor:  2005 few months CT to 0 mg; bad withdrawal. 

Lexapro:  10 mg from 2009 – 2011; cut dose in half to:

Lexapro:    5 mg from 2011 – Feb. 2014; CT to 0 mg; 2 months of fatigue, followed by:
Aug - Oct 2014 Lexapro WD Insomnia Wave; sleeping very good from Nov 2014 - Nov 2015; broken sleep pattern Dec 2015 - Jan 2016

Dec 2014 - present: Brutal Lexapro WD ear ringing/head ringing/head pressure lasting for 14 months now.

24 months SSRI-free  

Hi clear, have you ever read about PAWS? Mostly its about illegal drugs but ssri are mentioned, it is basically exactly what we experience and windows and waves are a big focus. They mention 2 year recovery period in most articles.

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

I did a quick search of PAWS, interesting -

So protracted withdrawal occurs with many drugs. Makes sense. I remember my friend, after he got sober, complaining about getting hit with a wave of depression. And he eventually got over it.

I was in AA for years. They had so many sayings to help us keep sober. They used to say, that after stopping alcohol, "In five years, you get your brain back". They learned from their collective experience - with so many members recovering in AA rooms over decades - that it often took 5 years of PAWS to get back to normal. Usually only the first six months was difficult, though. The rest wasn't bad.  

But this SSRI stuff wins some kind of award as far as severity of PAWS.

Although tricyclics and others, with their tardive dyskinesias/dystonias/dysphorias, probably take the cake.

Prozac:   20 mg 1996 – May 2003 CT to 0 mg; by Aug 03 CRASH then protracted WD 3 yrs

Lexapro:    5 mg from 2011 – Feb. 2014; CT to 0 mg; 2 months of fatigue, followed by:
Aug - Oct 2014 Lexapro WD Insomnia Wave; sleeping very good from Nov 2014 - Nov 2015; broken sleep pattern Dec 2015 - Jan 2016

Dec 2014 - present: Brutal Lexapro WD ear ringing/head ringing/head pressure lasting for 14 months now.

24 months SSRI-free  

Sorry to hear it DLB, but it will pass. I'm hovering between a window and a wave, that can be unsettling too, bc you arent sure if its even wd or just you. Just another phase I guess! I hope its a short one for you. Clearday that is interesting about the 5 yr brain thing. makes sense.

2 Timothy 1-7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Started having poop out mid 2010, also switched generic brands, then crashed in Dec 2010 (anxiety/ "terror", intense DR, anhedonia, suicidal ideation, chills, insomnia, horrible intrusive thoughts, disorientation, ect)

Tried Celexa,Cipralex, then Paxil to deal with wd(this switching made things worse and added akathesia)

Found online support and started tapering Paxil 7 months after quitting Effexor (at this point was having small windows).

Year 4 June 2015 1.1mg , dropping by 10% until .5mg, after then dropped by 0.1mg every 5 weeks until 0.1mg.

Thanks, its one of those times where i remember that it does get better but i like the reassurance. 3 days of blah now . I was so good for weeks and now feel terrible, anhedonic, and real weak legs again. Oh and shallow breathing too just to add the misery. WTF, and i get to go to work feeling like this too, woohooo! The joy of this crap. I wonder if it was due to doing too much yard work over the past week.

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

Wow, and back on the roller coaster and feeling great today. Such rapid window wave pattern. Is there evidence that this is a good or bad sign??? I just feel 90% me again!

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

Cool! Great to hear it -

One thing is for sure, SSRI recovery is weird and unpredictable - 

I'm in a bad wave right now, and I have no idea where it's headed!  

Window tomorrow? Worse tomorrow? Who knows!  :lol:

I just know that eventually I will get better -

24 months SSRI-free  

Hey clear, sorry to hear your on a wave, this is so unpredictable. Yes , we're getting better!! There are so many before us who are healed. Hope you get a nice window tomorrow...

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

• 4 weeks later...

Ugh, have been doing ok and felt some anxiety creeping up lately and now it went full throttle. It has caused what looks like eczema on my feet which I read stress is a huge trigger. Been losing words, bad broken sleep again, and this weird burning in ear canal upon exhaling,shortness of breath....... This is prob the worst in 7 months. I am just about 3 months off now and it is the longest I have made it off in years. Last time it was 2 months after a month taper. I am amazed that in 08 I got off no problem for 5 months and it wasn't until I got floxed that I felt bad. Now it is totally different. God I want to hit the rewind button. Well, I have come out of this before and I will again. I just wish that in the middle of the night that I don't keep thinking of a song verse and constantly repeat it again. Oh veins feel like fire going through them too. I guess these symptoms are basically really bad anxiety. Thanks for listening to my crappy day.... Oh, and I'm jumping at the slightest noise at night.

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

Oh, and I do see a pattern emerging. About a week before a wave I can sleep so good my wife can't even wake me to stop me from snoring. This has happened many times before a wave.

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

You'll feel better soon -

It's great that you're medication-free for 3 months -

24 months SSRI-free  

Thanks clear, it's always nice to hear your reassurance. This is a tough one. Came on quick and getting only 3 hrs maximum sleep per night. I do find doxylamine succinate knocks me out good for 5 hrs. If I take it . I'm trying hard to stay away from any sleep aids though because I really feel crappy the next morning. I think tonight I'll take another half a pill because last night was just brutal with racing thoughts and adrenaline while I lay there wide awake from 1 am until when I get up for work at 5

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

• 4 weeks later...

how have you been DLB? Hopefully better!

Yes wondering how you are..paxil free:)

Thanks Aberdeen and love and light. I am now a few days past 4 months free and the anxiety from last month is long gone but my sleep is still destroyed. It is all over the place and NEVER sleeping past 3:30am. I mostly get 4 hours a night. My former activities in life that used to bring me so much joy are still blunted.still weakness and exertion really brings on leg weakness. I get motivated to do something and the next thing I know it is all gone. I used to be so full of energy and life that this is such a strange spot to be in. I really hope this will pass one day. No crazy anxiety or horrible symptoms though. Oh, I do have twitching leg muscles every so often at night in bed and damn it the minute man pssd is still there.....

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

Hey DLB, I too hope that symptom goes for you. Its really the only one that I have left too, save for some anxious/depressed/DR waves, but they usually are very short lived and tolerable. If this blunted emotions and loss of interest and motivation would just go< Id be able to live with the rest no problem. But this symptom (and Im pretty sure its all anhedonia) needs to go. Congrats on 4 months off! Was the anhedonia a problem all the way along for you? or does it come and go. I dont get a lot of breaks from it. Occassionally a little one, but not enough to write home about. Yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Aberdeen, I did have some small breaks which were nice but I have so many autoimmune issues that I'm not in the mood to be having fun doing things anyway. I have a new issue now besides psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. This is on my toes and it is a form of blistering eczema. It looks like bubbles of poison ivy blisters and it's all between and on toes !! When will these things stop popping up? I NEVER had a health issue until poopout happened. Paxil ruined my health completely. I would love to know how I would be now if I never took the levaquin which started this whole catastrophe 12 years ago. I hope you are doing well. That last 1 mg. is a bear to come off but you will be fine. I am defiantly better in the brain department than a year ago at 2 mg. so the healing does happen. I just hope my immune system can remember that I am not the one it's supposed to be attacking!

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

Well, I'm coming up on 5 months off now and I am sure I don't ever want to touch this crap again and mentally I am fine except for anhedonia and broken crappy sleep. I can't stand having to look at the remaining bottle of Paxil with about 20 pills in it. I have for the longest time wanted to throw it out but wasn't sure if I needed to reinstate ever. I now feel I won't need to ever. Let's hear some thoughts to help me decide to lose another piece of this horrible history of taking this crap by throwing it away finally. I think I'm out of the woods, anyone agree on giving it the toss?

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

Hi DLB!

My vote is to toss the suckers.

I have had insomnia for almost two years, never sleeping longer than 4 hours. Last night, I slept 9!

Unisom doxy works great for me on those totally sleepless nights too. I don't like taking it, for fear of relying on it to sleep. Last night, those 9 hours of sleep, were me.

I've heard many stories of skin issues post withdrawal. They all resolve on their own eventually.

Congrats on your 5 month milestone!

Love, Pug

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.