SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

What has been most helpful?

Healing

If you had to pick one thing that has been most helpful to you in w/d, what would it be? For example, something you've read, a thought, an affirmation, a practice, exercise, technique, an event or experience, a supplement, a dietary regimen, etc.

Just for fun, try to notice the first thing that comes to mind. If you can't decide, feel free to put as many as you want.

Don't list a person, though, because, if you've been lucky enough to have a good person during this, that will, of course, be the very best thing. Always.

1996-97 - Paxil x 9 months, tapered, suffered 8 months withdrawal but didn't know it was withdrawal, so...

1998-2001 - Zoloft, tapered, again unwittingly went into withdrawal, so...

2002-03 - Paxil x 20 months, developed severe headaches, so...

Sep 03 - May 05 - Paxil taper took 20 months, severe physical, moderate psychological symptoms

Sep 03 - Jun 05 - took Prozac to help with Paxil taper - not recommended

Jul 05 to date - post-taper, severe psychological, moderate physical symptoms, improving very slowly

I've been on several ADs over the years, and think I know the difference between a symptom that is definitely WD, maybe WD, and probably not WD. I think the most helpful thing for me is not to think that every little ache and pain is withdrawal related. For instance, when I was on Paxil and CT because I didn't know any better, I never left the bathroom! That was WD, pain and simple.

But now, if my stomach is bothering me or my neck hurts, I don't immediately go into the... it's WD mode. I think about what I ate (probably garbage) that has caused the stomach ache, or that my neck hurts b/c I slept in a funny position.

Also, the obvious or should be, tapering SLOWLY. That has made a huge difference for me this time around.

Charter Member 2011

For me always has been helpful doing hypnotherapy( talking with my inner guides) and going outside with my dog-no matter how weak I was .

lg solida

Sept.2007 Citalopram for burn out,reverse reaction

Paroxetin 20mg,5 weeks,had to stop because of reverse reaction

after a manic episode,severe withdrawal hit after 6 weeks,

hospitalization twice,during the first 2 years withdrawal got worse and worse

disabled since

To a great degree that would be a pure realization that what I've been going through is not real "me", but WD, and that no matter how long it's going to take, once up, once down, on average it's going to improve, till reaching the point of complete healing.

2000-2008 Paxil for a situational depression

2008 - Paxil c/t

Severe protracted WD syndrome ever since; improving

“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once”

Albert Einstein

"Add signature to your profile. This way we can help you even better!"

Surviving Antidepressants ;)

And, above all, ... keep walking. Just keep walking.

• Administrator

To a great degree that would be a pure realization that what I've been going through is not real "me", but WD...

That helped me, too. I developed a greater appreciation of "me," too. I was a lot stronger than I had thought.

I wish I had a furry friend....

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Toss up between my animals and mindfulness meditation.

1989 - 1992 Parnate* 

1992-1998 Paxil - pooped out*, oxazapam, inderal

1998 - 2005 Celexa - pooped out* klonopin, oxazapam, inderal

*don't remember doses

2005 -2007   Cymbalta 60 mg oxazapam, inderal, klonopin

Started taper in 2007:

CT klonopin, oxazapam, inderal (beta blocker) - 2007

Cymbalta 60mg to 30mg 2007 -2010

July 2010 - March 2018 on hiatus due to worsening w/d symptoms, which abated and finally disappeared. Then I stalled for about 5 years because I didn't want to deal with W/D.

March 2018 - May 2018 switch from 30mg Cymbalta to 20mg Celexa 

19 mg Celexa October 7, 2018

18 mg Celexa November 5, 2018

17 mg Celexa  December 2, 2019

16 mg Celexa January 6, 2018 

15 mg Celexa March 7, 2019

14 mg Celexa April 24, 2019

13 mg Celexa June 28, 2019

12.8 mg Celexa November 10, 2019

12.4 Celexa August 31, 2020

12.2 Celexa December 28, 2020

12 mg Celexa March 2021