SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

A question for the veterans

serotonin

I hear their are veterans among us in this forum who have been off those mad pills for more then 1 or even 5 years, i would like to know what they did to get off te drugs and how they managed yo resolve their sleeping difficulties, and what supplement they took over time? And especially now since they have been off of those mind altering brain damaging, posioness drugs that turns people into emotionless robot that just work and sleep?

i will answer for sleeping:

after off, you sleep bad and not much hours,

do not rush to eat something...supplement or not

after three months, with doing nothing, only waiting, your sleep pattern has changed alone, it is healing slowly, but with waves, two months after, you sleep more bad

i wanted to say that nothing is final, and it is waves who control the situation, and against waves there exist nothing,and they can last many months

for anxiety 

12 years paxil - cold turkey 1,5 month - switch celexa 1 year taper; total 13 years on brain meds 

67 years old - 9 years  med free

in protracted withdrawal

rigidity standing and walking, dryness gougerot-szoegren, sleep deteriorate,

function as have a lack of nerves, improving have been very little 

Ic let the body heal its self sounds very tough though! And i find it unbearable if i cant sleep the right amount of hrs and i am afraid that does more damage to me!

• Administrator

ser, there are no easy answers. We are brought up expecting medicine can give us a pill and our problems will go away in a few days. But in this situation, there are no pills that will just make it go away.

Some people recover in 6 months, some take 2 years, some take longer. It's an individual thing.

Your sleep may not deteriorate, it may continue to get better, or, as stan says, you might have a wave of worse symptoms, then gradually recover from that.

Yes, it is tough. What we do here is support each other through it, to help each other be strong.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy