Sign in to follow this  
Meimeiquest

Habakkuk, living in troubled times

Meimeiquest

This link is for purchasing a sermon series by Tim Keller, a Presbyterian pastor in NYC, entitled Living in Troubled Times. http://www.gospelinlife.com/living-by-faith-in-troubled-times.html

For a long time, before I started tapering, I listened to these CDs every night as I was going to sleep. Then I loaned them to a friend...

There are two sets, one by Keller alone, and another, more expensive set, by several people. I have not heard that version...but maybe I should...put my insomnia to use :)

Wildflower0214

Thx for the link! :)

lionofJuda

Do you guys see the hand of GOd in all this mess

I am really discouraged and upset

dont know what to do

Wildflower0214

Yes. I do see God in this. He has not healed me instantly, but He has shown up 100 times. And, I'm learning to look for Him to show up.

Im sorry you are so upset. I'm upset much of the time. But, God is the only lifeline I have. So, I hang on.

elgee

Love Tim Keller. His book "Walking with God through Pain and Suffering" was such a comfort to me that I ended up reading it 3 times. I highly recommend it for those that are trying to find God in the midst of suffering.

RachelE

I like the book of Habbakuk. It's written in the form of a dialogue between God and the prophet Habbakuk. While it is a dark book--Habbakuk does not deny sorrow and suffering--it ends on a hopeful note.

If any of you have a Bible around, you can look up the book in the Old Testament. It's a very short read--2 pages or 3 short chapters long. The last few verses are very inspiring!

gigi63

Hi Rachel, I love the book too. " The Lord is my strength, He will make my feet like Hines feet, He will make me to walk upon my high places." I am counting on this truth!! Jamie.

ShakeyJerr

I am going to go read Habbakuk right now! And I will look into Tim Keller's sermon also. I just finished reading The Prayer That Changes Everything by Stormie Omartian, and am currently reading her book, Just Enough Light For The Step I Am On. I think you will find them both very helpful!