MapleleafGirl

Mapleleafgirl: Successfully Tapered off Paxil

Jonesy3   
Jonesy3

Hi Amy!

I just noticed that you said you were in the Houston area. I am currently tapering from paroxetine and live in Katy! I have a great internal medicine doctor here that is helping me taper at my pace (3-4 years). Let me know if you would like her info! Best of luck to you! Go slow!!

WDSurviving22   
WDSurviving22

Hey when you say compound, do you mean they crushed up the pills and weighted them out for you? Or did they specifically make thsee pills for you by adding in raw powder?

Odwina   
Odwina

Hi there:)

I was a member of paxilprogress since 2004 and then the site was shut down...I was on paxil for 8.5 years starting in 2001...after a horrible withdrawal ..at 11 months off i went back on paxil again for a few years then did a successful 4 year taper with compounded pills.. i have now been paxil free since June 1, 2014..paxil progress members will know who i am:)

Michele aka MapleLeafGirl

Admin note: MapleLeafGirl's Introductions topic: ☼ Mapleleafgirl off Paxil

Hello Michele,

Could you please tell me what "compounded tablets" you had from your local pharmacy are exactly? I am not familiar with this term.

PS - Your success story is very inspiring! I have read a bit about your recent problems 20 months after getting off. I cant have any opinion here (but I could see that the experienced members already encouraged you and told you it would go away, so for sure it will go away!!!)

nz11   
nz11

I'm sorry to hear of the recent turn of events.

Perhaps a mod might like to move this thread back into the intros ...i'm sure it is going to be a wonderful success story one day.

But till then it is a future success story still being written ...as are all intros.

nz11

MapleleafGirl   
MapleleafGirl

with my taper....i would have spent more time at 10mgs to see if there was fallout from the higher doses.....spent more time at 5mgs to see if there was fallout from 10 and down...then obviously now i know...to go to 0 as i jumped at 1mg....so yes it was successful..up until i had the wave and realized some things that i should have done different....4 year taper i did...i would have maybe done 6-7 year taper as crazy as that sounds....

MapleleafGirl   
MapleleafGirl

compounded means they made up capsuls for each dose..i did not do liquid paxil...

cymbaltawithdrawal5600   
cymbaltawithdrawal5600

i would have maybe done 6-7 year taper as crazy as that sounds....

No not crazy but when I calculated your taper using NZ11's spreadsheet, you were good for 4 years, you went slower the first year so that was a plus. But like I mentioned in another thread, that last year and the too high (I think) drop off dose had unforseen consequences.

His spreadsheet is on page 16 of his thread if you want to look it up. You can plug your dates and doses into it and see how it all played out.

MapleleafGirl   
MapleleafGirl

my first year i tapered faster . ..then from 10mgs down..i went really slow...5% every 4 weeks...but i should have maybe done 6-8 weeks...and then on PP people were going off at 1mg...so i had no idea about that going to 0 or for sure i would have done it that way...

from 20-10 i did...19.5. ...19...18.5...18...and so on down to 10....then when i got to ten all the rest of my tapers follwed this:

9.8, 9.6. 9.4..9.2...9.0 and i did that cut for all my doses down to 1mg...every 4 weeks...i did not ever dose up or down...as i had NO WITHDRAWAL symptoms at all...go figure...so that is werei might have gotten into some trouble..but i cant change it now...just have to move forward...

SetMeFree   
SetMeFree

Hi,I love your story. I have been on Paxil 13 yrs.. Every time I drop from 7mg to 6mg I get hit with flu like symptoms and anxiety. I would like to get compound pills made. What did that cost you. I am here in NY.. I guess I start to drop to fast because of cutting and weighing pills becomes a headache..Any advice I would appreciate it. THX Rob

DizzyGirl   
DizzyGirl

In Germany they sell a liquid form of paxil. It is easy to taper. Sad that I discovered it after I cold turkeyed. Maybe in the US you can get it too in liquid form ?

Evoldnahturt   
Evoldnahturt

Hi Mapleleafgirl!  How have you been lately?  Are you continuing to stabilize?

Livmac   
Livmac

Hi! So pleased to read of your success. 

Can i ask, what positives have you found after getting off the Paxil? 

Any changes in energy, sleep, sex drive, weight gain...?