SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ Martina23: Lyrica

Martina23

Martina, 

I think it is very brave what you are doing! I hope it goes as planned for you. I also think it is time for doctors in the field, as well as the pharmaceutical industry to have some awareness about what is going on with the medication they are prescribing, especially when it is harming so many. I commend you for what yo are doing, it is a great step forward for our cause. 

I wish you the best in this journey Martina. 

Cymbalta, Zoloft, Effexor: All during the past two years. When I was prescribed them, I would either take one pill a day for 2 days and the stop usage all together.

Pristiq: Taken for 2/3 weeks around April 2017. unknown dosage.  Discontinued cold turkey. 

Xanax: All thought 2017 here and there for panic attacks only. 

Focalin 10 mg: Taken on May 1st, 2017, discontinued after 3 days of usage. Cold Turkey.

Hospitalized May 13th, 2017.

Trazodone 10 mg: First doses around May 14th, 2017, The doses were taken sporadically for sleep along side Xanax and Triazolam. Stopped these cold turkey

Xanax & Triazolam: unknown dosage, used for sleep whenever I needed. Stopped usage cold turkey.

Paxil 40 mg: First dose around May 14th, 2017. Then I began having side effects so I found this website and began taper. 

September: Started Taper, dropped to 27 mg. Paxil

Beginning of October: Dropped to 24 mg. Paxil

October 12th 2017 & Current Dose: Dropped down to 21 mg Paxil. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Martina23

• LoveandLight

• Pugknows

• AliG

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Peonies said:

Martina, 

I think it is very brave what you are doing! I hope it goes as planned for you. I also think it is time for doctors in the field, as well as the pharmaceutical industry to have some awareness about what is going on with the medication they are prescribing, especially when it is harming so many. I commend you for what yo are doing, it is a great step forward for our cause. 

I wish you the best in this journey Martina. 

Thank you Peonie.

I sent the medical expert my statement to the doctor's sentence “that I wished the psychiatric council & treatment“, maybe I am doing myself bad but I wanted to be honest, so that he can really honestly decide and has both sides of story, and we will see.

I am curious, which diagnose I will get now, ha, ha...

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

Goodness! I think honesty always pays off in these situations, you did the right thing in my opinion. Hopefully everything goes in your favor Martina, please do keep us updated!

Also, i do hope you don't get more psychiatric labels for what you are doing, you are doing the right thing Martina. 

Cymbalta, Zoloft, Effexor: All during the past two years. When I was prescribed them, I would either take one pill a day for 2 days and the stop usage all together.

Pristiq: Taken for 2/3 weeks around April 2017. unknown dosage.  Discontinued cold turkey. 

Xanax: All thought 2017 here and there for panic attacks only. 

Focalin 10 mg: Taken on May 1st, 2017, discontinued after 3 days of usage. Cold Turkey.

Hospitalized May 13th, 2017.

Trazodone 10 mg: First doses around May 14th, 2017, The doses were taken sporadically for sleep along side Xanax and Triazolam. Stopped these cold turkey

Xanax & Triazolam: unknown dosage, used for sleep whenever I needed. Stopped usage cold turkey.

Paxil 40 mg: First dose around May 14th, 2017. Then I began having side effects so I found this website and began taper. 

September: Started Taper, dropped to 27 mg. Paxil

Beginning of October: Dropped to 24 mg. Paxil

October 12th 2017 & Current Dose: Dropped down to 21 mg Paxil. 

Does anyone have any material about provision of clinical studies by FDA? Because I found that by Lyrica there is one sentence that there were “other clinical studies which measured withdrawal effects for 14 weeks. So I can not use this. That is bad. I wish I were in US where Breggin is - everything would be more simple. But maybe once.

Breggin writes that only 2 clinical studies have to be positive and you can try how many you want. I just dont seem to find that information on FDA website so I dont know if I can use it.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

I was today so sad. I got again these intrusive thoughts and yesterday bad pictures before falling asleep and realized that most probably by me it is already permanent. That there is some change in brain, something which stayed there damaged and most probably will never go away. I still can not use my imagination. I dont know how it is possible that by benzo people it is only a temporary issue and by me it is already damaged brain. It takes already for so long. I dont know how to live damaged.I dont consider it to be a virtue. And this, that you cant get justice here in Europe, is even more sh*tty. This all makes me very sad.

PS. My son has such sweet feet (he is five years old). I am laughing here about them. 

symptoms OCD

Here stands that for the quotation of songs in your book you also have to pay, even if it is quotation of song which you hear in radio. That is not normal. I really think maybe I will not publish my book anymore. If you are trying you are only punished. The whole world just wants to steal everything from you, I really dont have words.

symptoms OCD

5 year olds are the best!!! I still have one and he is glorious as well.  I've decided once my kids turn 13 and 3/4 they should go to a boarding school far far away and come back when they are maybe 17 ... in our family the littlies are so gorgeous, then suddenly at 14. Nothing. no humour, no talking, no fun, no giggling. Arrgghh they are so self-conscious and gloomy it's painful!

Mercifully miss 16 is back from the abyss, but the days of the sweetest little floppy-haired contagious laughter-filled  little darlings are gone. Why didn't anyone warn me parenthood would be so hard?! :wub:

Drug history

• 20mg paxil in 2001 - 4 months use  
  • 20mg paxil in 2003 - 2 months use 
  • 20mg paxil in 2008 - 8 years continuous

Withdrawal history:

• March 2014 - disastrous alternate day taper
  • Jan 2015 - 15mg to 10mg. Disaster
  • Sept 2015 -  10mg to 5mg. Disaster. Reinstated to 6mg. Relief
  • Oct 2015 - started slow 10% taper 
  • Oct 2016 - at 4mg- stop taking paxil (not recommended)

I'm not a medical professional. Seek advice from a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• Moderator Emeritus

This might be helpful.  Kirsch got information through Freedom of Information.  I have these on my website

Video:  Irving Kirsch:  Emperor's New Drugs:  Antidepressants and the Placebo Effect (1 hour 20 minutes)

Approval Criteria Used by the FDA

Antidepressants and the Placebo Effect by Irving Kirsch
(link to full article)

Abstract:

Antidepressants are supposed to work by fixing a chemical imbalance, specifically, a lack of serotonin in the brain.  Indeed, their supposed effectiveness is the primary evidence for the chemical imbalance theory.  But analyses of the published data and the unpublished data that were hidden by drug companies reveals that most (if not all) of the benefits are due to the placebo effect.  Some antidepressants increase serotonin levels, some decrease it, and some have no effect at all on serotonin.  Nevertheless, they all show the same therapeutic benefit.  Even the small statistical difference between antidepressants and placebos may be an enhanced placebo effect, due to the fact that most patients and doctors in clinical trials successfully break blind.  The serotonin theory is as close as any theory in the history of science to having been proved wrong.  Instead of curing depression, popular antidepressants may induce a biological vulnerability making people more likely to become depressed in the future.

Excerpt:

How Did These Drugs Get Approved?
The FDA requires two adequately conducted clinical trials showing a significant difference between drug and placebo.  But there is a loophole:  there is no limit to the number of trials that can be conducted in search of these two significant trials.  Trials showing negative results simply do not count.  Furthermore, the clinical significance of the findings is not considered.  All that matters is that the results are statistically significant.
(NB:  emphasis in abstract and excerpt are mine)

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

6 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

This might be helpful.  Kirsch got information through Freedom of Information.  I have these on my website

Video:  Irving Kirsch:  Emperor's New Drugs:  Antidepressants and the Placebo Effect (1 hour 20 minutes)

Approval Criteria Used by the FDA

Antidepressants and the Placebo Effect by Irving Kirsch
(link to full article)

Abstract:

Antidepressants are supposed to work by fixing a chemical imbalance, specifically, a lack of serotonin in the brain.  Indeed, their supposed effectiveness is the primary evidence for the chemical imbalance theory.  But analyses of the published data and the unpublished data that were hidden by drug companies reveals that most (if not all) of the benefits are due to the placebo effect.  Some antidepressants increase serotonin levels, some decrease it, and some have no effect at all on serotonin.  Nevertheless, they all show the same therapeutic benefit.  Even the small statistical difference between antidepressants and placebos may be an enhanced placebo effect, due to the fact that most patients and doctors in clinical trials successfully break blind.  The serotonin theory is as close as any theory in the history of science to having been proved wrong.  Instead of curing depression, popular antidepressants may induce a biological vulnerability making people more likely to become depressed in the future.

Excerpt:

How Did These Drugs Get Approved?
The FDA requires two adequately conducted clinical trials showing a significant difference between drug and placebo.  But there is a loophole:  there is no limit to the number of trials that can be conducted in search of these two significant trials.  Trials showing negative results simply do not count.  Furthermore, the clinical significance of the findings is not considered.  All that matters is that the results are statistically significant.
(NB:  emphasis in abstract and excerpt are mine)

Thank you ChessieCat. I was so happy that you had something like this. When you were so nice, I decided I would not give up. Here in Austria everyone gives you boulders under your feet when you talk about these drugs. I am so proud to fight for these things with this community. 

symptoms OCD

8 hours ago, MollyN said:

5 year olds are the best!!! I still have one and he is glorious as well.  I've decided once my kids turn 13 and 3/4 they should go to a boarding school far far away and come back when they are maybe 17 ... in our family the littlies are so gorgeous, then suddenly at 14. Nothing. no humour, no talking, no fun, no giggling. Arrgghh they are so self-conscious and gloomy it's painful!

Mercifully miss 16 is back from the abyss, but the days of the sweetest little floppy-haired contagious laughter-filled  little darlings are gone. Why didn't anyone warn me parenthood would be so hard?! :wub:

I like that 5 years old always like to give kiss so happily. Or that they say “mami I love you, give kiss.“ It is so cute. Or that when I want to bath, they immediately jump to have a bath with me also. We still sleep together. I love it, I still could imagine to have some more child.

symptoms OCD

I feel so unefficient. I told myself to have one month to correct everything in my book, so I can let it translated and put it to amazon:-)

But I honestly feel so unefficient. I just dont know if I will manage it. Also this-that you have to.pay royalties for quoting there a song, this everything shows me that it is too much for me. The whole world.

I am not an expert in these things. I wanted it only as telling my story. This everything commercial is for me disappointing. Everybody wants just to get from you all money you have.

I will try to finish it but I feel that maybe I am not good enough to bring it to successful end. I also have already such disbelief in society, when I see how everybody wants only to get from you all the money, I want to vomit. I think, I am not suitable enough anymore to fight with the today world. When I again see some obstacle, I feel already to vomiting. It doesnt bring me anymore the feeling of positive challenge. Especially when you see everywhere these golddiggers.

symptoms OCD

I have again intrusive thoughts. Quite strong. I dont know why. I would already so much like to be healthy. I am always afraid that they would be so strong that I forget that they are not real and do something.

I think I have from this withdrawal real trauma. How I was laying there in the psychiatry it was terrible and this experience how they bound me there like animal I will not forget until the end of my life.

symptoms OCD

Martina , I’m sorry that this has happened to you , I have been taken of 6 drugs over the space of 12 months all just stopped , I am 8 months of all now and suffering terrible , what I can say is I was on lyrica for 12 months 100 mg twice a day and I believe out of everything I stopped taking it was by far the worst withdrawel ever , I believe it destroyed my memory and caused me to have suicidel thoughts that I never had before , I was sectioned and the memories of my ordeal in the hospital haunt me , I to don’t think I will ever forget

2001 to jan 2015 Effexor 150 mg 

jan 2015 15 mg mirtazapine 20 mg quetiapine 

feb 2015 quetiapine stopped 

feb 2015 30 mg of citalopram added 

feb 2015 mirtazapine increased to 30 mg 

july 2015 citalopram stopped 

sept 2015 200mg of pregabalin 

jan 2017 mirtazapine stopped

jan 2017 20 mg fluoxetine

march 2017 all meds stopped 

10 minutes ago, Terry4949 said:

Martina , I’m sorry that this has happened to you , I have been taken of 6 drugs over the space of 12 months all just stopped , I am 8 months of all now and suffering terrible , what I can say is I was on lyrica for 12 months 100 mg twice a day and I believe out of everything I stopped taking it was by far the worst withdrawel ever , I believe it destroyed my memory and caused me to have suicidel thoughts that I never had before , I was sectioned and the memories of my ordeal in the hospital haunt me , I to don’t think I will ever forget

Terry, I was also sectioned. It was terrible. How are your suicidal thoughts today? Is it better? I think it will get better by you, but if they stopped 6 medicaments by you within 12 months, then I think it will take longer till your body will come “to the right track.“ You must believe that you will heal. I am sure you will.

My children just put this old film Egyptian Sinuhet. I like the film. It was one of my favourite films when I was young,  I am going watching it.

symptoms OCD

It is already so cold outside. I had again today intrusive thoughts. I will not place them here because they are nothing pleasant. I still think about that it is not good that I live in Austria. Before I had a feeling that everyone can achieve everything when he tries. Here I dont have this feeling. When the children will be bigger, I will go away. Today we were not outside much and I miss fresh air. I feel somewhat lonely. We also dont have so much money anymore, I will have to go to the work. I am looking forward to Monday when the children will be in kiga, I can then do some work.  I can work on my book. I again gained weight, I hate that. Maybe I will start to read Jane Eyre, I bought new copy in Brno, I like the book.

symptoms OCD

I think we will go today to museum. We havent been there for a long time. The children made such disorder, always crumbs of cake on the ground, I am already again afraid that the flour bug comes and we have to spray it again. I tried to explain it to children but they never understand it and continue to make disorder.

symptoms OCD

I think from this suing pharma and doctors here will be nothing. They made a new law here that the small and middle negligence by doctors is not a criminal offence and to prove them big negligence is literally impossible. They will say they didnt know that the medicament makes harm and that it is 1:500 that someone is suicidal out of it, so criminally they will slip out and for civil process I have no money.

I think I lost again. I gave there so much energy in it. If I were in US, I am sure it wouldnt be hopeless. I start to hate Austria. If these doctors and pharma slip out, I will not live here anymore, I will ask for immigrant status in US, even if I have to be in one camp in winter with all these Iraquis and Liberians. I will not live somewhere where no democracy is. Even if we freeze there in winter.

symptoms OCD

It makes me so angry this current practise in Austria: for the court you have to have lawyer, you have to pay him even if you lose and you can not win anything (normally if you win you get maybe 40.000 eur here not more) and it takes here 20 years until the court decides. In US you dont need a lawyer, you pay only when you win, you can get millions and it takes 3 years. I am so frustrated from that.  The only thing I wish is to leave here.

I decided that within one month I will finish my book, so that I can then let only check my mistakes and put it on amazon. But at least something will be done.

symptoms OCD

• Moderator Emeritus

HI Martina 

I red your manuscript and it is lovely my friend. You have done a great work with that one. I can totally relate with your suffering my friend.

As far as the court is concerned why don't you try to discuss privately with a lawyer first whether he can pursue your case or not and if he warranties the win of the case you pay with the money you will get from the Pharmacy industries. So you have an agreement in advance with the Lawyer regarding your case.

Santino

2015 -  2016 Xanax only rescue doses of 0.125 mg 1-2 times per month
 March 2016 0.125Mg * 2 Xanax for 10 days.

20 March 2016 0.25 Mg * 2 Xanax for one week. 1 April 2016 Tranxene 5 mg and Fevarin but bad reaction for 5 days.4 April 2016 25 Mg Amitryptiline + 6 MG bromazepam at night

Started tapering Bromazepam 6 days later reached up to 3 MG in 10 days and withdrawal. Pdoc asked to go 6 MG again.

10 of May started Remeron 15 MG and started tapering Bromazepam again.

SINCE 09/06/2016 BENZO FREE - Started Tapering Remeron 04/07/2016

04/Jul/16 12.8 Mg, 11/Aug/16 12 Mg, 20/Aug/16 11Mg, 3/Sept/16 10Mg, 11/Sept/16 9 Mg, 30/Sept/16 8.1 Mg, 14/Oct/16 7.25 Mg, 17/Nov/16 6.7, 23/Nov/16 6.5, 2/Dec/16 6.25, 9/Dec/16 6Mg, 25/Dec/16 5.7Mg, 4/Jan/17 5.4Mg, 20/Jan/17 5.2Mg, 07/Feb/17 5 Mg, 15/Feb/17 4.8Mg, 27/Feb/17 4.5Mg, 15/Mar/17 4.2Mg, 23/Mar/17 4Mg, 1/Apr/17 3.7Mg, 14/Apr/17 3.4Mg, 27/Apr/17 3.1Mg, 06/May/17 2.8Mg, 22/May/17 2.6Mg, 31/May/17 2.3Mg 09/Jun/17 2Mg, 20/Jun/17 1.7Mg, 29/Jun/17 1.4Mg, 11/Jul/17 1.2Mg, 20/Jul/17 1Mg, 31/Jul/17 0.8Mg, 11/Aug/17 0.6Mg, 23/Aug/17 0.5Mg, 05/Sept/17 0.4Mg, 13/Sept/17 0.3Mg. 22/Sept/17 0.2Mg, 03/Oct/17 0.15Mg, 10/Oct/17 0.1Mg, 23/Oct/17 0.05Mg, 22/Nov/17 0.025Mg, 06/DECEMBER/2017 MIRT FREEE.

Santino, it is not so easy here. In US I looked for a lawyer and didnt find one. And I am not there, they dont have even emailadresses on the website, it doesnt go.

And in Austria you can forget the lawyers.They are not interested to.win anything, just to get the most money from you as they can. Also the trial system here is ..., I dont trust it. It looks so easy but when you look nearer there is nothing easy. Here you can not win anything, but in the US you can but I am not there.

I dont know. I am living in the false country and that is the problem.

It is terrible, everyone wants only money but make such a law that you cant get any.

Today we will go with the children to the IKEA.

symptoms OCD

Does anyone know how to publish books on Amazon? I will not do it now but sooner or later I have to do it and I have never done it and have a bit respect from it.

I am a bit afraid of it.

Today we were in IKEA and it was beautiful. There was already such a Christmas atmosphere. A Christmas tree and reindeers, I like it very much. We bought some bed things, warm blankets, cushion with rabbit and such white fur for legs under our bed so that it isnt cold to us when we go to bed in winter. The children were happy about the things, they are now trying if they are soft enough to sleep in them.

symptoms OCD

I am doing soup. I would so much need someone who knows how to.publish book on Amazon, it is unbelievable how stupid I am. I am so afraid I will not be able to manage it alone. I am totally an untechnical type and dont know anyone who would be able to help me. I hate that I am so lousy about all technical things.

Tomorrow we have a state feast. So the children are not going to the kindergarten.

I hope that the soup will be soon finished. It is chicken soup with vegetables, I think it fits in this weather. I put there the whole chicken so that my loved children can have full belies :-)

symptoms OCD

Hi honey! It's incredibly easy to become dispirited by the misuse of power that exists in society. It does seem very often that the rich get richer and more powerful and well, the poor don't. But remember to focus (and search of near and far) the wonderous people who take a stand and work for good, in small ways and large - you're a part of that good work.

And what's all this with you running yourself down for not knowing how to publish a book on Amazon?  Good grief, I imagine the reason no one has said anything is that the vast majority of us have never tried! I guess if I did have something to say and wanted to self-publish a book, I would google how to do it, watch youtube videos, make mistakes, do it wrong, join a forum of other self-publishers, try again and then kind of get it a little bit right (maybe). You're doing great!

Ooooh IKEA! We don't have one in NZ sadly, our nearest are in Australia and it would cost too much in freight to bring anything other than knick-knacks back here. I love Christmas! 

Drug history

Withdrawal history:

I'm not a medical professional. Seek advice from a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

55 minutes ago, MollyN said:

Hi honey! It's incredibly easy to become dispirited by the misuse of power that exists in society. It does seem very often that the rich get richer and more powerful and well, the poor don't. But remember to focus (and search of near and far) the wonderous people who take a stand and work for good, in small ways and large - you're a part of that good work.

And what's all this with you running yourself down for not knowing how to publish a book on Amazon?  Good grief, I imagine the reason no one has said anything is that the vast majority of us have never tried! I guess if I did have something to say and wanted to self-publish a book, I would google how to do it, watch youtube videos, make mistakes, do it wrong, join a forum of other self-publishers, try again and then kind of get it a little bit right (maybe). You're doing great!

Ooooh IKEA! We don't have one in NZ sadly, our nearest are in Australia and it would cost too much in freight to bring anything other than knick-knacks back here. I love Christmas! 

Molly, you are so soothing. I love your emails. There is really no IkEA in New Zeland? It is funny, there are so many differences between various countries. I love New Zeland. There must be beautiful nature. I saw on the photos. By us only the richest go to the New Zeland, it is one of the most expensive holidays.

How are you? Your withdrawal is ok? I love also Christmas. But sadly, I dont get any presents anymore (everything is for the children).

symptoms OCD

I'm ok, but the panicky nighttime visitor is a pain! Mostly I feel like I'm hyper vigilant to things going wrong to kill us all <sigh> So I hear the local volunteer fire brigade siren and immediately check the civil defence website or our public broadcaster. I'm not sure what it is I think I'm going to do if something terrible goes wrong! Trying to 'accept' and float above my feelings and know that although I feel frightened it's not real.

We went away overnight and I slept well which is unusual, normally the first night, I'm anxious about the building falling down or some such useless nonsense. We were at a beach and I did find myself checking where the high ground was in the case of tsunami. Argh! I  bore myself with this silliness!! Anyway, trying to do as Dr Weekes suggest and accept it all and breathe through it - mostly successfully if not painlessly.

NZ can be beautiful and I'm fortunate to live in a particularly beautiful part of it, but we have our share of social problems and far more pollution than we should have in our soil and waterways due to agriculture. Socially we seem to struggle with alcohol and enjoy beating our wives and partners when drunk or taking methamphetamines. We also have a penchant for suicide. Plus very high teen pregnancy rates. 

I LOVED Austria!! So very different to NZ, maybe we could do a house swap??!! Then it's just flights (!) and food and entertainment :D

Drug history

Withdrawal history:

27 minutes ago, MollyN said:

I'm ok, but the panicky nighttime visitor is a pain! Mostly I feel like I'm hyper vigilant to things going wrong to kill us all <sigh> So I hear the local volunteer fire brigade siren and immediately check the civil defence website or our public broadcaster. I'm not sure what it is I think I'm going to do if something terrible goes wrong! Trying to 'accept' and float above my feelings and know that although I feel frightened it's not real.

We went away overnight and I slept well which is unusual, normally the first night, I'm anxious about the building falling down or some such useless nonsense. We were at a beach and I did find myself checking where the high ground was in the case of tsunami. Argh! I  bore myself with this silliness!! Anyway, trying to do as Dr Weekes suggest and accept it all and breathe through it - mostly successfully if not painlessly.

NZ can be beautiful and I'm fortunate to live in a particularly beautiful part of it, but we have our share of social problems and far more pollution than we should have in our soil and waterways due to agriculture. Socially we seem to struggle with alcohol and enjoy beating our wives and partners when drunk or taking methamphetamines. We also have a penchant for suicide. Plus very high teen pregnancy rates. 

I LOVED Austria!! So very different to NZ, maybe we could do a house swap??!! Then it's just flights (!) and food and entertainment :D

Maybe we could do one day. But first I have to gather courage as I am a bit afraid of flying! But anyway we could surely do that one day. To NZ it must be surely at least 10 hours flight, isnt it? But definitely I would do it.

I have also these kind of thoughts that the building falls down etc. Especially in a big block of flats -like my mothers house is. But the most I get the problem in big shopping moles where in the middle there is nothing only stairs made from glass and on the sides there are floors and when you are then on the first or second floor and look down and there is only the glass railing this is for me worst of all, I am so afraid of heights, unbelievable, maybe therefore I am also afraid of planes.

symptoms OCD

I am already so frustrated that I am living here that I started to quarell today in the ice cream shop. If it would be in some country on which I believe I would maybe smile and not take it seriously. But as I see Austria as a country in which the things can go only bad and where you should run away as soon as possible I started to quarell about such stupid thing. There were two rows before the ice shop and the man came and stood himself in between, did not respect the row and wanted ice cream. He was there before me but didnt respect the row just stood there in the middle and when I was to get ice cream just put himself before me. I started to be so angry. Normally if it would be in other country I would say it is Italian ice cream shop, they dont take it with rows so precisely, he just wanted ice cream. But as I saw this man such selfcentered Austrian laughing there about everyone and everything and looking at everybody down, my blood started to boil and I started to be so bad. I dont want to be so bad but I wish so much to leave Austria, it is only with small children so problematic.

symptoms OCD

Martina. I think you are courageous and please do keep up the good fight. It is definitely one, worth battling for. I believe that each one of us, has it in our power to bring awareness to this matter, even if it's in a seemingly small way. It all adds up eventually and makes a difference even though it may not seem like it at the time.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step " ~ Lao Tzu 

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

1 hour ago, AliG said:

Martina. I think you are courageous and please do keep up the good fight. It is definitely one, worth battling for. I believe that each one of us, has it in our power to bring awareness to this matter, even if it's in a seemingly small way. It all adds up eventually and makes a difference even though it may not seem like it at the time.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step " ~ Lao Tzu 

Ali, this was so nice, it gave me really energy to continue. I think also. Somewhere it must break. And the issue is definitely serious to fight for, I would be definitely more ashamed of myself if I didnt.

It is so nice to have you as a friend.

symptoms OCD

Morning Ms Martina :) Sorry about the queueing situation: being a jerk is an internationally recognised syndrome!

I was wondering whether it might help you to connect with fellow Austrians fighting the good fight? Maybe connect with activists on FB? You'll be amazed who is out there, quietly working away for social justice and human rights within your country. These folk can help you reestablish your optimism for humankind when you're feeling alone and disheartened. Plus by supporting another activist group's goals that you align with,  they may have suggestions for your own.

Following AliG's lead, here's a quote for us: "Better to light a candle, than to curse the darkness". Big hugs as always xxx

Drug history

Withdrawal history:

Today was a very interesting day. Because I am using two songs in my book, I had to approach the publishers of songs and it was an interesting experience for me. One song is Cheek to cheek by Irving Berlin and another one old Slovak song. First I asked by imagem and they told me to turn to Warner Chappel as a producer of Cheek to cheek. By imagem they had on the website for music people where they should send demos and such things. I thought this was only in the film but it is really like this. I am curious if they allow me to put in the book the song because I have to write there what the book is about and I think most people if they see that it is about withdrawal they think that you are a drug addict...Yeah, but if they dont allow me I will put in the book a song from public domain before 1923 (I mean for romantic scenes there can be also music from before 1923 - such music is without cost, doesnt underlie copyright) ha, ha,ha.

I would dance also on the music from ice age :-)

symptoms OCD

I am a bit afraid. Since pregnancy I have the belly muscles damaged, but till now they held somewhat, it was only that sometimes when I was sitting or bent myself down they sometimes contracted or were painful for some short times, 10 minutes or so. But now I feel it went worse. Today I bent myself and it pained a lot, as if I had there rupture or so. But I think I will not go to the hospital, because if it really rupture, then it is needed operation and I can not have anesthetics. I really pray that it is not rupture or that the organs dont start to come out through this rupture because in other case I can prepare myself to go again under a knife and I dont want that. I am afraid of it.

symptoms OCD

Hello dear sufferer,

I was happy to share with you way for some time and I am very thankful for all consideration, attention and your time you gave me.

But after some time thinking I decided that it is for me the time to leave the forum for some time / permanently.

Once more I wish everyone everything good, 

and was happy to meet you

Your Martina

symptoms OCD

Hi Martina, I have read a lot of your thread about your battle with intrusive harm thoughts. As you know I am going through the same thing. For me it was coming off Paroxetine and Pregabalin at roughly the same time.

You are an inspirational woman. Never think of yourself as a monster as you have harmed no one. I know you are a great person. Start believing it yourself.

Paroxetine

April 2012: 20mg daily

Jan 2016: Alternating between 20mg/10mg daily

February 2016: 10mg daily

April 2016: 10mg every other day

May 2016: 10mg every 2 days

June 2016:10mg every 3 days

September 2016: 10mg every 4 days

December 2016:10mg every 5 days

Jan 2017 - September 2017: 10mg every 7 - 10 days

September 24th - 29th: 10mg daily = adverse reaction

September 29th onwards: CT

• Moderator Emeritus
14 hours ago, Martina23 said:

But after some time thinking I decided that it is for me the time to leave the forum for some time / permanently.

You need to do what is best for yourself and it is good that you realise that you need to be away from the forum.

It would be really great if you could drop by every now and then and update us on how you are going.  There are many members who join and then don't post about their progress.  I can understand why they don't come back, but it is helpful for the record to find out how people who are off their drug/s do long term.

I wish you all the best.  Take care of yourself. :)

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh yes, and thank you for letting us know.  It is appreciated.