AmyK

AmyK: Intro about myself

AmyK

Slept good. No sweating.

Some shakiness before lunch, but very tolerable.

Exhausted after taking the pill, but still quite functional.

KarenB

Functional is a good place to be :).  I really admire you Amy.

AmyK

Nah...hugs, Karen!

Felt quite bad last night, wd wd... heavy heart beats, but slept good and woke up much better. Had an ok day, so far. Took a long walk on icy paths near the lake.

Flowers

Hi Amy

This is such valuable info to those that are tapering at low doses and those of us who hopefully will be oneday.

Sounds like you are managing the symptoms well. The lakeside walk sounds very pretty.

Hugs

Flowers xxx

AmyK

Thanks Flowers. I read that you are struggling. I hope you will feel better soon!

Dropped to 0.145 on Tuesday due to drugged feeling. Yesterday ok. Today blah, but still ok. I started zoloft on 19 of March 2011. Six years soon and I am almost finished. I thought I would take the drug for six months...but when I tried to stop I couldn't.

Some positivity: When I feel clearer in my head I plan things, jobs, travels... ????

tjdeepthinker

Hi Amy,

Your story gives me hope! Keep fighting. -TJ

AmyK

TJ, thanks! I will! You too!

apace41

Getting close, Amy!  Getting close!

You will be fine as you cross the finish line.

Best,

Andy

brassmonkey

Hi Amy-- it's wonderful to see that you're doing so well.  Starting to make plans is such a positive sign of improvement.  When you get a chance look at my Facebook page.

(((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

AmyK

I hope so, Andy, thanks,

I have a quite unclear today. Brain is foggy, nauseous. But its quite expected since I made two drops recently. I just have to hold for a bit.

Tom, thankyou, I will certainly take a look at your fb!

AmyK

Tough day with head ache and cognitive problems. Also muscle/joint pain in the morning before I take the drug.

I try to vision the day when all of this c--p is over.

Flowers

Hi Amy

Keep holding on to that vision Amy. I hope this symptoms soon pass for you.

In my thoughts with hugs

Flowers xxx

AmyK

I want to write here when I feel strong, not when I feel frustrated. But I guess it is what it is.

I had a tough day today, burning skin and mouth. Much brain fog and a lot of buzzing sound in my head. Just lay on the sofa all day.

I know it will get better, it will.

---

Flower, thankyou! Hug you back!

LexAnger

Sorry Amy my dear friend, that you are in pain again. I am with you in the agony too.

Do you want to consider smaller cut as the base is so small now?

Sending big long virtual hugs,

Lex

AmyK

Thankyou Lex. I feel much better today. How it fluctuates!

Yesterday I just felt in survival mode, like nothing really mattered if I just survived this.

Today I took a long walk in the morning, the head is better and the body is not so heavy. I will go to yoga tonight.

LexAnger

Brilliant! Go for whatever makes you happy!!!

You are winning, Amy!

Hugs,

Lex

apace41

Amy,

I am blown away by your story.  You seem to have a great perspective on all this given that you have been dealing exponentially longer getting off the drug than you were ever on it.  Your story is a caution to all that think "oh, I wasn't on it very long."  There is little rhyme, reason or consistency with the way these meds affect different people dramatically differently.

You will be off soon and will ride off into the sunset.

Glad you are feeling better today.

Best,

Andy 

Flowers

Amy - your strong attitude carries you through the tough times. You are a real trooper and hope that you feel even better tomorrow.

Hugs

Flowers xxx

AmyK

Dear friends, I couldn't do it without you.

I have started fish oil now, I couldnt really tolerate it, I thought, before. I will see how it goes. I also take iron supplement (on a high dose of 100 mg) and vitamin C.

I can really recommend to do a full blood analysis check up on deficiancies. I had very low iron level and am about to correct that now.

Deficiancies could effect wd.

Hugs!

brassmonkey

((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))

Flowers

Dear friends, I couldn't do it without you.

I have started fish oil now, I couldnt really tolerate it, I thought, before. I will see how it goes. I also take iron supplement (on a high dose of 100 mg) and vitamin C.

I can really recommend to do a full blood analysis check up on deficiancies. I had very low iron level and am about to correct that now.

Deficiancies could effect wd.

Hugs!

Good advice as we never know if there is an underlying reason why we are feeling rough/tired or whatever.

I am getting mine done on Monday.

Love and hugs

Flowers xxx

AmyK

Good for you, Flowers!

Exhausting few days with brain fog and head aches.

Anyway I sleep very good. And no sweating!

tjdeepthinker

Hey Amy,

Great to hear you got some sleep! I also take Fish oil and Iron sups. I find them very helpful. Thinking of you! 

And don't worry about writing here on the bad days! That is what the your forum is for! For whatever you need it to be! 

(Hugs) 

-TJ 

AmyK

TJ, you are too kind!

Hug you back!

AmyK

For my record.

2016:

0,224 mg 20 December 0,24 mg 10 December 0,27 mg 3 December 0,29 mg 22 November 0,33 mg 11 November 0,635 mg 30 October 0,64 mg 20 October 0,645 mg 7 October 0,65 25 September 0,653 mg 15 September 0,658 mg 25 August 0,675 mg 15 August 0,68 mg 9 August 0,685 mg 2 August 0,69 mg 20 July 0,70 mg 1 July 0,71 mg 20 June 0,72 mg 8 June 0,75 mg 9 May 0,77 mg 25 April 0,81 mg 10 April 0,82 mg 2 April 0,84 mg 22 March 0,86 mg 12 March 0,92 mg 17 February 0,94 mg 5 February 0,96 mg 27 January 0,97 mg 11 January 2016 0,98 mg 25 December

AmyK

These last tenth of a milligrams are tough. I have had more vertigo than before.

Had quite a wave last week and did almost nothing. Watched movies, took some walks and just tried to stay calm as the wave passed by.

In a better spot since three days. But today I felt "drugged" again, so I dropped again.To 0,13 mg. Tiny.

Flowers

Well done Amy! Hope you have a better time of it after this cut.

Hugs

Flowers xxx

LexAnger

Fingers crossed. The evil power had no where to go but dying off!!

Hugs,

tjdeepthinker

Hi Amy,

Hope you are feeling better this week. For me these drugs usually take a few days (at least four) to stabilise at a new dose. DO you find the same for you? I often go a few days feeling drugged. Then I try to change the dose. But sometimes it is better to hold. I don't know. Just thinking of you saying you changed your dose after you felt drugged. It's a terrible balance, I know! I hope you have a restful weekend. But don't be scared to sit tight and wait it out as well. 

-TJ. 

AmyK

Flowers, Lex and TJ, thanks for stopping by!

I had a good week last week. Felt almost normal (!). Dropped the dose a tiny bit on Monday due to drugged feeling again, burning skin and partially numb foot. Down to 0.11 mg now. Nothing major happened, but the burning and numbness disappeared.

I am doing ok. I go for walks, yoga, swim and try to take care of my self.

Spring is coming and I am enjoying the light that comes back after a dark winter up here in the north.

Take care all.

Madeleine

Glad to hear you are doing OK. Thank you for posting your positive update.

LexAnger

So happy to hear! You moved a mountain.

Such an incredible achievement and can't wait to throw you a remote party.

Hugs,

Lex

brassmonkey

It's good to see that you're doing so well Amy.  Getting out and about, swimming and all.  The returning light will help, even here in California it makes a difference.  Have you been able to see the Northern Lights, they've been quite active this winter I hear.

AmyK

I dropped again and now I am down to 0.099 (I won't write 0.10!). I had bad side effects the last days, with head aches, blurry vision and "stoned" feeling, so I just had to decrese a little. 

It is so crazy that these small doses still have power. 

Next time I will probably go down to half of this dose, and the hopefully off. But I have changed my mind before.... :)  :blink:

Lots of snow here today, I will go for a walk.

Take care all.

(Never seen the northern light, Brass. I would love to. My sister in law was in the absolute north of Sweden a few weeks ago and took some amazing shots of a green fabolous sky.)

LexAnger

Amy, marvelous job you did so far being patient, insightful and strong!

Yeah, these drugs are unbelievably powerful, even though you are wining!

Hugs,

Lex