AmyK

AmyK: Intro about myself

AmyK

Feel extremely restless. Scared. I dont recognize this wd symtom, and that scares me even more. It's like I cant sit still, and have panic under my skin. Is this because of the small dose? I dont understand this. I only dropped 5 %.

I will try some yoga.

AmyK

What should I try, if any, omega fish oil or magnesium?

clearday

brassmonkey Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:57 PM

Hi Amy-- I know exactly what you mean.  These low doses are really taking some work.  I'm really glad I'm breaking my total drop over several weeks, to do it all at once would be killer.  Forward progress is so slow right now, such tiny amounts that it seems like we will never get to the end.  I've had to push my prospective end date back several times.  Ah well, we WILL get there, and at least for now the symptoms are giving us a break before it's time for the next drop.  Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Stick with it you guys, I cold turkeyed a year ago out of ignorance and am paying the price - I'm in a difficult wave with no end in sight - too late to reinstate probably - 

Be proud of your long slow tapers and take it as slow as slow can get - I'm jealous that I missed the opportunity to slow taper -    :wacko:  :blink:  :)

clearday

Feel extremely restless. Scared. I dont recognize this wd symtom, and that scares me even more. It's like I cant sit still, and have panic under my skin. Is this because of the small dose? I dont understand this. I only dropped 5 %.

I will try some yoga.

I've had that same thing two separate days recently. It is scary. It's like you're on the doorstep of a panic attack? I felt like everything is going to unravel and that I will lose my grip. It passes. I think that it needs to be treated like a panic attack, where you just let it move through you and try not to fight it. And reassure yourself that it will go away.

It happened in my case due to outside stressors that caused my oversenstive nerves in withdrawal to react that way. So in your case it could be due to the drop, and your nerves just being a little sensitive to stress. When I withdrew the stress, it went away. 

Just a guess, since I have no experience with taper. ...

brassmonkey

Hi Amy-- classic akathesia. Best thing to do is ride it out. Very uncomfortable but it's not going to hurt you.  Worst thing you can do is be afraid of it, that can set off a secondary fear spiral and you don't want that.  Remember back at Prior Place I use to talk about AAF (Acknowledge, Accept Float)?  That is what you need to do here.  Acknowledge the feelings, maybe even explore them a bit. Accept that they are caused by the drugs and that there is nothing you can do about them. Let them Float off as you go on about your day.  Physical distraction can be a big help, yoga, stretch, pace up and down all are good.  Mental distraction can also be really helpful.  This would be a good time to start that novel you always wanted to write.

Hope you are felling better soon.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))) to squeeze the tension out.

Fresh

Amy ,  this is the akathisia , and I suspect that it is related to your recent drop on 7 Feb.      You had described it in earlier posts , but it's increasing in intensity.

It may go away by updosing back to 2.35 Zoloft.     You're clearly very sensitive to even tiny decreases.    Akathisia is something you want to stop in it's tracks if you can ,  because it gets very scary.

Please consider going back to your previous dose of Zoloft.    Get stable a.s.a.p.  ,, and take it from there.

When it's really bad , remind yourself over and over that it will pass , the waves will come but they always go away too.   It's just sensations and they can't hurt you.

xxx

AmyK

Dear Tom, dear Fresh. Thankyou.

I feel a bit better after the yoga. I have an issue with catastrophizing(spelled right?).

I just want to live a normal life. (We all do!) Today I couldnt focus on anything because of the racing thoughts and the panic under my skin. I will make an effort with AAF (my yoga class is so much about that.)

AmyK

And Clearday, thank you for replying too! Yes, it felt like a panic attack. Better now. I guess I just have to wait for it to pass.

AmyK

Traditional wd exhaustion today. Not so much restlessness. Thank god. 

clearday

Traditional wd exhaustion today. Not so much restlessness. Thank god. 

that's how challenging this wd is, when we're happy just to be exhausted.....lol

those feelings of impending panic I had last week (similar to yours, I bet) were very unsettling, I never had them before in my life -

I think that our SSRI WD "scares" won't evolve into actual panic attacks, so I am not concerned; I never had an actual panic attack -

But I recall reading this short article, and it helped me understand the beast, and to fear it much less, knowing that it can be dealt with -  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/21/panic-attack-feeling_n_5977998.html

AmyK

Yes, clearday, true! ???? Exhaustion will pass, I Know that. Thats why It doesn't scare me.

A little more agitatated today though. Thanks for the article, I will read it!

clearday

A little more agitatated today though.

I like what Fresh said above:

"When it's really bad , remind yourself over and over that it will pass , the waves will come but they always go away too.   It's just sensations and they can't hurt you."

I love that!

AmyK

Yes, we have to remind our selves over and over.

AmyK

Tried 125 mg magnesium yesterday. I dont know if it had any impact, but I felt quite good in the evening. Today just blah. Normal wd feelings and try to remember "it's just withdrawal". Cried a lot this morning, I cant believe how this terrible drug took me more than three years to taper. Longing for normal days, days when I dont have to plan my life according to the taper.

Super low today, depressed and heavy in my head. I have to say I was spoiled the last year. My tapers almost felt nothing. On the opposite my body told me when to drop. This has turned upside down with my "missed dose" and the latest awful drop. I try not to add second fear to these feelings, but it's hard.

AmyK

No agitation. Just super slow, brain fog, and tired. Red eyes since almost two weeks. Try to hold on. Need to be functioning for my kids. It's so hard. Try to just keep on.

mammaP

Hi Amy, I just looked back a few posts to where you made your last cut and you did exactly what I did! I would make a cut and then wait for about 3 weeks, when I felt the side effects again I listened to what my body was telling me and cut my dose. I know now that they were withdrawal and should have held until they settled. Eventually it caught up with me as it has for you. It will get better again, the last few mgs are the hardest to get through but you will get there eventually. I try to remind myself that I would still be taking the drug whether tapering or not, so what's the rush? It is hard though when you have tapered for so long  and just want off....NOW.  I've been tapering 3 years and get fed up too  :huh: . I would hold for a while until you have stabilised, then another few weeks after to give your brain a break before starting again.  I'm sorry you hit withdrawal, it sucks but will subside again. 

brassmonkey

Red eyed and fogy myself.

((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Sujema

Hello AmyK,

My daughter is also Amy. Welcome!

I am also new to this site, and so greatful to be able to communicate with others with similar experiences through WD.

Apparently my 2 month taper from Effexor, was the eqivillent to cold turkey, and I am endeavouring to weather a storm of symptoms , with patience and self care , hoping I will not have to reinstate. Though still open to it if the more severe symptom 'waves' become more frequent.

Is it possible the wine, ( with its potential to interfere/damage neurotransmitters ), may have disrupted, if only temporarily, your healing process?

Be gentle on yourself, self care is very important , as you've no doubt realised through your adverse reactions. It's all a learning process, isn't it,

I wish you well.

Sujema. :-)

AmyK

Hi Amy, I just looked back a few posts to where you made your last cut and you did exactly what I did! I would make a cut and then wait for about 3 weeks, when I felt the side effects again I listened to what my body was telling me and cut my dose. I know now that they were withdrawal and should have held until they settled. Eventually it caught up with me as it has for you. It will get better again, the last few mgs are the hardest to get through but you will get there eventually. I try to remind myself that I would still be taking the drug whether tapering or not, so what's the rush? It is hard though when you have tapered for so long  and just want off....NOW.  I've been tapering 3 years and get fed up too  :huh: . I would hold for a while until you have stabilised, then another few weeks after to give your brain a break before starting again.  I'm sorry you hit withdrawal, it sucks but will subside again. 

Thanks MammaP. I know, I have to hold. I am on day 28 now. And it hasn't really settled yet. I wonder if it has something to do with that I am down to a very low dose now, just a small sliver that weighs  0,007 g. Some kind of breaking point? Somehow it feels that the pill isn't enough for the whole day. I feel bad two hours before I am supposed to take the dose. But I am slowly stabilizing. That's good.

AmyK

Red eyed and fogy myself.

((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hope you feel better, Tom! Hugs!

AmyK

Hello AmyK,

My daughter is also Amy. Welcome!

I am also new to this site, and so greatful to be able to communicate with others with similar experiences through WD.

Apparently my 2 month taper from Effexor, was the eqivillent to cold turkey, and I am endeavouring to weather a storm of symptoms , with patience and self care , hoping I will not have to reinstate. Though still open to it if the more severe symptom 'waves' become more frequent.

Is it possible the wine, ( with its potential to interfere/damage neurotransmitters ), may have disrupted, if only temporarily, your healing process?

Be gentle on yourself, self care is very important , as you've no doubt realised through your adverse reactions. It's all a learning process, isn't it,

I wish you well.

Sujema. :-)

Thanks for the welcoming, Sujema. To you too! I will read your thread!

Yes, the wine really did something bad. I feel better, and hope to improve more. I hope you will too!

AmyK

I am so dizzy, have vertigo and feel so brainfoggy. Day 29 and I wonder if I just should hold on or what? This is so different from my other drops. I was always stable by this day.

A stressed voice inside says to me to just throw these pills away. If I am going to feel like this I could feel awful anyhow. I dont know, I cant think clear. I am on such a low dose 2,23 mg (equals 0,9 mg paxil). When have others dropped zoloft?

Chantingjo

Hi amy sorry to hear you are not doing good. It must be tempting to stop i can imagine. I am sure you would be absolutely fine but if you are not comfortable best not to do it. Others might have better advice. hang on in there. It will pass (((big hugs))) xxx

AmyK

Thanks Jo. I know you are deciding whether to reinstate or not. On the other side of this "small doses problem". It's so hard to tell how one will respond to different options. (god, my english is so bad today...)

I so much had enough of this tapering.

Thinking of you! Many hugs! I hope you find relief soon, whatever you decide.

brassmonkey

Hi Amy-- you're in the home stretch so it is no time to think rash thoughts or take chances.  Twenty nine days is like the minimum for staying on a dose,  and with the lowest doses a little change can make such a huge difference.  I would ride it out a little longer and do a couple more drops before jumping off.  I am so excited for you.

((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))

AmyK

Thanks Tom. I will hold on for some more time. Just reading your words were comforting!

I calculated a 5 % drop all the way to 0.5 mg zoloft and it would take two years or something...I felt so sad. But I just have to keep on, I guess. Not thinking about time and schedules...

Hugs back!

brassmonkey

Just a thought Amy, with 2,23 mg zoloft being equal to 0,9 mg paxil, is it necessary to go clear down to .5mg zoloft?  Right now I am thinking of jumping off at .5mg paxil which would by about 1.1mg zoloft.  I'm not sure how interchangeable they really are in that respect.  Maybe Alto or one of the others could give a second opinion.

AmyK

I know. I wonder too. I would love to hear others opinion on this.

AmyK

Felt better for three days. Grateful.

Fresh

That's wonderful news Amy.   Thankyou for posting on my thread.   You can see why I'd hate anyone to go through it unnecessarily.   :blush:

AmyK

Yes, totally. It's so sad what these ssri's do to us. Take care, Fresh!

Petunia

I know. I wonder too. I would love to hear others opinion on this.

Hi Amy, I don't know if you saw the thread that your question got moved to, the one relating to what dose to drop off from.  Here is the link if you didn't:

Tapering to zero -- when do you just drop off?

There's some discussion about this decision and Alto answered your question.

AmyK

Yes, Petunia, thank you, I saw that. :-)

If someone here on SA did a slow taper from zoloft, i would love to hear what the smallest dose was.

AmyK

36 days on this dose (it was actually 2,25 mg, miscalculated) and I will drop soon. This drug never liked me and I never liked this drug. I havent been on any dose ever for more than 8 weeks.

This time was so strange. Ups and downs, felt better, felt bad again, felt better and now just strange again. Heavy head, heavy chest.

Before it had much more comprehandable pattern. Better and better kind of.

The anxiety comes with the feeling of not to be able to understand what happens. To loose control over the taper. But now I just will move on. I have quit work and can concentrate on getting better and to soon, hopefully, be off this h-ish drug. (Strange that the English language has the same name for "criminal" drugs and legal drugs. We dont in Swedish. Drugs mean just the criminal drugs. But actually it feels right to call Zoloft a "drug" even in my language...)

I do yoga and try everything to be calm. Sleep good and eat healthy. Anyone who reads this, take care!

AmyK

It feels like I have an adverse reaction or something. I felt so strange whole day. Today after I took my dose I felt so drugged. I will drop on Tuesday. Can this be poop-out even if I almost always have been tapering? Can poop-out (tolerance) happen when you taper regularly ?