v007 - How To Taper Cipralex 10mg

v007

Hi,

I am on cipralex (Escitalopram) for about 6 years and taking 10mg daily in morning.

I don't want to take this medicine anymore. Please tell the optimal procedure to taper without any side effects.

Drop by 10% of your current dose every 4 weeks

For you it would start as 10mg, 9mg, 8.1mg, 7.3mg, 6.6mg..... etc etc

More details here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1024-why-taper-by-10-of-my-dosage/

06/13 - Celexa 30mg Klonopin 2 mg 

02/14 Celexa 30mg (Successfully completed 32 week Klonopin taper dropped 1/8 every two weeks)

Celexa Taper: 06/14 25mg 07/14 20mg 09/14 15mg 10/14 17.5mg 11/14 15mg 12/14 12.5mg 01/15 20mg (updose after going too fast bad w/d for 3-4 weeks after) 05/15 17.5mg 06/15 15mg 07/15 13.5mg 08/15 11.75mg 09/15 10mg 10/15 7.5mg 11/15 5mg 12/15 3.33mg 01/16 2.5mg 2/16 0mg (CT from 2.5mg) 3/16 (3-4 weeks after CT bad W/D symptoms, updose) 1.67mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi v007

I moved your topic to the introductions forum. This is where members introduce themselves, ask questions, record their decisions and the effects of these. You should come back to this thread to ask questions about your situation and receive responses. You might like to bookmark it.

Phenom has given you the basic principles of tapering (and links to read), thanks Phenom.

Sometimes people later this framework if necessary, for example if they drop 10 percent of the previous dose and have a difficult time with withdrawal they might decide to drop by 5 percent. The key idea is to get off medication well, not quickly. We want to taper off as slowly as our body dictates to avoid withdrawal

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I am thinking other way i.e to take medicine on alternate days for 1 month and then after a gap of 2 days for another one month and so one....will this also help...?

That is probably the worst thing you can do for yourself. To minimize withdrawal symptoms we recommend lowering your dose no more than 10% of the CURRENT DOSE. Please see the link provided above. At the top of the introductions forum is a pinned post, 3KIS. You might want to read this as well. Your system has gottened used to this medication after so many years on it, you cannot just yank the med away and expect to feel fine afterwards.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

• Administrator

Welcome, v007.

Please also read Tips for tapering off Lexapro (escitalopram)

Thanks, Phenom!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.