RealMadrid - How can I tell if it's withdrawl or relapse?

RealMadrid

Hi RM,

What you're describing is low-grade akathisia . . . "inability to be still".    Like a trembling quivver under the skin , a low electrical current running through your body.

Pacing is a tell-tale sign.     It's part of withdrawal syndrome , and will fluctuate in intensity throughout the day.

At this point it's impossible to say your sleep disturbance is from taking the Prozac 10mg , because you had sleep problems before you reinstated.  

The Seroquel is an atypical antipsychotic as C/W said , and when used for that the daily dose is about 800mg.

It is very sedating , and at small doses can reduce anxious thoughts and body sensations , and promote sleep.

xxx

Yeah, that's what I was thinking it was. I've never heard of that term until a couple days ago on here. 

Today, I've been feeling better. I haven't had a full blown anxiety attack yet, no crying...I still begin to worry about not being able to fall asleep but I do my best to push those thoughts away. I think the fact that I'm feeling a bit better today is mainly because I've actually slept from 3am-10:30, so nearly 8 hours.

The headache is still there, as it has been for the past few weeks. I wake up with it and it lasts all day.  I'm not sure it's a withdrawal symptom so I'm worried it may be an underlying condition. My doctor just said 'it's probably your depression'. Have any of you had headaches that you wake up with and last weeks before? 

Sorry if this is long, but I don't know what else to turn to. 

I was seeing as psychiatrist when I was 14-15,  I'm now 19. She put me on Prozac which I started at 10mg, then went up to 20mg, then 30. I only did 30 for a few weeks, then went down to 20, and was on 10 for the last 2 years or so.

I haven't seen a psychiatrist in years as she was horrible. Instead, my family doctor, whose also not the greatest (also says I need to stay on meds for life as my brain 'needs' it) prescribes the same 10mg every time so that's what I've been on.  However, I've recently come to the conclusion that I don't want to depend on medication, and on around December 15 2014 (can't remember the exact date), I decided to stop taking medication, without consulting my doctor. Seeing as it was only 10mg, I didn't think it would make much difference. I also cut off caffeine a couple of weeks after I stopped my medication as I heard it can worsen anxiety.

Since then, about 2-3 weeks after stopping my Prozac, I began to have horrible headaches everyday, panic attacks, and waking up throughout the night and not falling asleep due to anxous thoughts. The headaches cause my anxiety attacks as I worry they (the headaches) won't disappear seeing as I've had them for nearly 3 weeks. Before taking Prozac, I never had issues with this. I had MILD anxiety, but the reason I went on Prozac to begin with was only for depression. 

I'm not sure how to handle this withdrawl right now as it's turning out to be one the lowest points in my life. I'm scared, and not sure what to do anymore. I'm on a waiting list for a psychiatrist as my old one was a child and youth psychiatrist. January 22: Began taking Natural Calm magnesium 

January 23 - Reinstated back onto the 10mg of Prozac 

Realmadrid

Yeah i agree with Fresh you are suffering akathisia i had this big time ...its an uncontrollable restlessness, a psych panic ...i had pacing too i would go to my parents and couldn't sit or stand still Dad would say sit down and watch tv stop pacing around like an animal, sometimes even mocking me they were clueless.

I'll tell you someone else who is clueless too and its your doctor.

Withdrawal is a big basket of symptoms headaches are in the basket,  you will just have to go with the flow i'm afraid don't let it phase  you it will pass. So as long as you know its not you its the drug wdl then at least you will know the source.

One other thing akathisia has good and bad days ...so don't despair if one day is good and the next few days are bad and then the next day is atrocious there will be another good day coming down the pipeline soon. Be patient. Who knows you may have all good days.

Hey so glad you are having a better day

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Although, I feel a bit better than I did 2-3 days ago, I`m still not well. 

Today, I woke up with the headaches again. I think if those went away, than the majority of my anxiety would disappear as well. I`m so sensitive to loud noises now as I`m constantly afraid my headache will grow even more unbearable. 

I feel mentally numb. I don`t feel happiness, it`s almost as if I`m incapable of feeling anything positive. I`m just constantly worrying `What if my headache doesn`t disappear` or `What if I never get better?'.  I'm afraid and I feel so alone. My parents are trying to be supportive, but they don't understand just how BAD this is. It's a constant struggle of making it through the day, nevermind tomorrow, or next week. I just can't imagine living like this much longer, and it's difficult. 

The only hint of happiness was yesterday when I received my first university acceptance letter for law in the UK. That lasted about 5 minutes, and then I went back to my shithole of a mental state. 

I was seeing as psychiatrist when I was 14-15,  I'm now 19. She put me on Prozac which I started at 10mg, then went up to 20mg, then 30. I only did 30 for a few weeks, then went down to 20, and was on 10 for the last 2 years or so.

I haven't seen a psychiatrist in years as she was horrible. Instead, my family doctor, whose also not the greatest (also says I need to stay on meds for life as my brain 'needs' it) prescribes the same 10mg every time so that's what I've been on.  However, I've recently come to the conclusion that I don't want to depend on medication, and on around December 15 2014 (can't remember the exact date), I decided to stop taking medication, without consulting my doctor. Seeing as it was only 10mg, I didn't think it would make much difference. I also cut off caffeine a couple of weeks after I stopped my medication as I heard it can worsen anxiety.

Since then, about 2-3 weeks after stopping my Prozac, I began to have horrible headaches everyday, panic attacks, and waking up throughout the night and not falling asleep due to anxous thoughts. The headaches cause my anxiety attacks as I worry they (the headaches) won't disappear seeing as I've had them for nearly 3 weeks. Before taking Prozac, I never had issues with this. I had MILD anxiety, but the reason I went on Prozac to begin with was only for depression. 

I'm not sure how to handle this withdrawl right now as it's turning out to be one the lowest points in my life. I'm scared, and not sure what to do anymore. I'm on a waiting list for a psychiatrist as my old one was a child and youth psychiatrist. January 22: Began taking Natural Calm magnesium 

• Moderator Emeritus

Good to hear you feel a smidge better than a few days ago.      I see you've reinstated Prozac 10mg just 2 days ago , so hopefully the improvement will continue.

Congratulations on your uni acceptance !!   

Stay positive     xxx

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Hi RM,

I wanted to let you know that I have had a lot of headache problems in withdrawal.  It sounds like your reinstatement might be helping as you got a good night's sleep so I am hoping in time your headache will go away as you stabilize.  

I hope you are feeling better very soon.  Congrats on the acceptance to law school (?) - very impressive!

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg; 3/29/24: 1.17 mg; 4/5/24: 1.14 mg; 4/13/24: 1.11 mg; 4/20/24: 1.09 mg

Hi RM,

I wanted to let you know that I have had a lot of headache problems in withdrawal.  It sounds like your reinstatement might be helping as you got a good night's sleep so I am hoping in time your headache will go away as you stabilize.  

I hope you are feeling better very soon.  Congrats on the acceptance to law school (?) - very impressive!

I'm glad I'm getting my sleeping pattern back to normal as that definitely helps with my anxiety, but the headaches...they're horrible. They're still there. 

How long did it take for your headaches to go away? Did they last all day from the moment you woke up?

Thanks by the way!

I have had so many different times of headaches in withdrawal it is difficult to remember the details.  But I do recall having a constant headache for a few months at a time.  I don't know if you take anything for the headache but I would try to take very little if possible.  One time I over did it on Ibuprofen and I think it caused a rebound headache.  I do think yours will get better once you stabilize a bit more.  I know how anxiety provoking the headache pain can be - it really is awful when it is happening but it will get better!

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg; 3/29/24: 1.17 mg; 4/5/24: 1.14 mg; 4/13/24: 1.11 mg; 4/20/24: 1.09 mg

I'm scared, and not sure what to do anymore. I'm on a waiting list for a psychiatrist as my old one was a child and youth psychiatrist.

Realmadrid i wrote in my diary i kept when i began this journey those exact words i am so scared. I also wrote a complaint letter at that time to my local member of parliament and those were the exact words i used too. So you are not alone.

I don't know your situation and so i don't presume or claim to know anything. But can i just ask something,

What do hope to come out of a trip to a psychiatrist at this time?

When one presents to these people the outcome is very predictable. Information may be noted about you that is not correct words will perhaps be put in your mouth then pills will be given to put in your mouth, labels will be given as well. 

Yet they dont recognize or acknowledge ssri wdl, (they probably wouldnt even know what 'akathisia ' means.)..and that is what you have sadly there is nothing that you take or person to talk to that is going to take this away. The only thing to take is T-I-M-E.

There is nothing to be scared of ..you simply stabilize and then start a taper in an appropriate and safe manner and this site will take you by the hand and walk you through it. I guarantee the mods here have more interest in your health and care and more knowledge about your plight than any psychiatrist. Whats the bet he will label you bi-polar and give you a prescription to take home.

If you do see him you might want to think very carefully about the the language you use  you are suffering wdl so the only 'a' word to use is akathisia ...make sure you can define it for yourself...the only 'D' word to use is disappointed. I m very disappointed that i have to experience ssri wdl and drug addiction. Just a gentle suggestion. Up to you though! The use of other 'a' or 'd' words may result in them being used against you at some other time.

Please it would be very wise imo to do yourself a favour and check in here before taking or believing other stuff from other places.  This place is full of people who have done the sky diving ...your doctor is simply reading you sky diving instructions from a fraudulent instruction manual and on top of that he has never been skydiving himself. 

You can do it. Others have so you can too.

Wishing you strength.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

I'm scared, and not sure what to do anymore. I'm on a waiting list for a psychiatrist as my old one was a child and youth psychiatrist.

Realmadrid i wrote in my diary i kept when i began this journey those exact words i am so scared. I also wrote a complaint letter at that time to my local member of parliament and those were the exact words i used too. So you are not alone.

I don't know your situation and so i don't presume or claim to know anything. But can i just ask something,

What do hope to come out of a trip to a psychiatrist at this time?

When one presents to these people the outcome is very predictable. Information may be noted about you that is not correct words will perhaps be put in your mouth then pills will be given to put in your mouth, labels will be given as well. 

Yet they dont recognize or acknowledge ssri wdl, (they probably wouldnt even know what 'akathisia ' means.)..and that is what you have sadly there is nothing that you take or person to talk to that is going to take this away. The only thing to take is T-I-M-E.

There is nothing to be scared of ..you simply stabilize and then start a taper in an appropriate and safe manner and this site will take you by the hand and walk you through it. I guarantee the mods here have more interest in your health and care and more knowledge about your plight than any psychiatrist. Whats the bet he will label you bi-polar and give you a prescription to take home.

If you do see him you might want to think very carefully about the the language you use  you are suffering wdl so the only 'a' word to use is akathisia ...make sure you can define it for yourself...the only 'D' word to use is disappointed. I m very disappointed that i have to experience ssri wdl and drug addiction. Just a gentle suggestion. Up to you though! The use of other 'a' or 'd' words may result in them being used against you at some other time.

Please it would be very wise imo to do yourself a favour and check in here before taking or believing other stuff from other places.  This place is full of people who have done the sky diving ...your doctor is simply reading you sky diving instructions from a fraudulent instruction manual and on top of that he has never been skydiving himself. 

You can do it. Others have so you can too.

Wishing you strength.

What do you mean those are the only 'a' and 'd' words I could use? I know I have to be careful with what I say to them, but it's difficult knowing no one in my life understands what I'm going through at the moment. 

Today, I woke up with the headache again...and I don't know how else to explain this next part - but since starting my Prozac again, I've been feeling weird. For example, when I was off of it, and experiencing bad withdrawals, I had random bursts of crying, and when I felt anxious I cried, etc. But, now...I have these anxious moments, and I feel like crying...but I can't. 

My brain feels foggy...it just feels like mush. I don't know how else to describe it. I'm trying to complete a few assignments, but I can't as I don't feel like myself.  It's a zombie like feeling...I definitely think the headaches are contributing to this weird feeling. 

It's odd. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not sure how else to describe this so if someone else who understand what I'm trying to say replies, that would be great.  Today is my 5th day since reinstating the 10mg of Prozac. 

EDIT: Actually, just saw this on another site...this is how someone described it "It's sort of a disoriented feeling like there's fog between myself and the world. I don't feel crisp and clear. I feel out if it. Like my consciousness is clouded. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi realmadrid

You might like to read this thread to help you make sense of your current symptoms http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1766-derealizationdepersonalization/

Your nervous system has had a big shake up, it needs time to settle down

The A and D words are anxiety and depression. These words are the quickest way to be medicated NZ has given you other ways to understand what's happening and describe it

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

Hi realmadrid

You might like to read this thread to help you make sense of your current symptoms http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1766-derealizationdepersonalization/

The A and D words are anxiety and depression. These words are the quickest way to be medicated NZ has given you other ways to understand what's happening and describe it

Dalsaan

After reading that thread, I noticed most people who had it, suffered with it for 1+ year(s). 

I just started feeling like this today, out of the blue. It's getting to the point where all of these symptoms are becoming too hard to handle.

What are the chances this is permanent? It's been 5 days since I've reinstated on my Prozac. 

I can't read too many of those stories as it begins to trigger my anxiety. 

I didn't think too much of this the other day, but I did feel this same way...probably about 6-8 days ago. The colours in the room felt a los less vivid...I even took off my glasses to double check that I was really feeling that way. I feel like that again today. It's a very weird feeling, and again, it scares me to death. 

• Moderator Emeritus

RM  , you're doing great.    A lot of people on this site have found fish oil and magnesium (which I see you're taking)   helpful.   You could also try melatonin at night , maybe 1.5mg.   That's helped me a lot.

Don't take any other medications at the moment.    If you are considering anything , there's a website called     drugs.com    and you can check for interactions.

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi realmadrid

Dalsaan

After reading that thread, I noticed most people who had it, suffered with it for 1+ year(s). 

I just started feeling like this today, out of the blue. It's getting to the point where all of these symptoms are becoming too hard to handle.

What are the chances this is permanent? It's been 5 days since I've reinstated on my Prozac. 

I can't read too many of those stories as it begins to trigger my anxiety. 

I didn't think too much of this the other day, but I did feel this same way...probably about 6-8 days ago. The colours in the room felt a los less vivid...I even took off my glasses to double check that I was really feeling that way. I feel like that again today. It's a very weird feeling, and again, it scares me to death. 

I shared this thread with you so you can see that this is associated with withdrawal and your not imagining it.   I don't expect it to last for years.  I expect that you will stabalise on your reinstated prozac (give this a couple of weeks).  Then I expect you to taper off in a way that minimises withdrawal.

You are doing great, don't stress.  Learn form other peoples experiences but don't assume you will be the same as them

D

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

RM, I'm so sorry this is happening to you. You're in a safe place here with many people who have been through this and have even come out the other end. You're getting alot of good advice regarding a reinstatement. PLEASE come here before taking anything else.

I just wanted to add that I am almost 3.5 years now off a cold turkey. I unfortunately didn't find these types of sites until it was way too late. I was already off meds for 6 months in full blown acute WD. I want to let you know that headaches have been a HUGE WD symptom for me. In fact when I cold turkey'd within about a couple of weeks my first bad headache started. It was 24/7 and it lasted 8 weeks. I even had an appointment with a neurologist but then cancelled it because one day it just went away. Since then I've had the same headache episodes a handful ( or two) of times. ( even weeks ago I had another one). I've had CT scans and MRI's and I'm fine. I found later on my headaches morphed from many different other head symotoms. Feelings like my brain was on fire or swelling or stabbing Ice pik pains. All of these are common WD symotoms ( believe it or not). Also this weird colour and fogginess you describe is very common in WD too. I know it causes anxiety but try to read the list of symptoms ( when you feel less anxious) because it may actually ease your mind that it's not some other condition. I know this all seems VERY scary and permanent and just awful. Hopefully you will begin to feel better in a few weeks time. Please also know it could take a bit longer than 4 weeks. I had a different experience when I reinstated PAXIL Years ago.

I one time ct'd off prozac 10mg and was fine for 4 entire months then was hit with intense protracted WD and reinstated with PAXIL ( because I was on PAXIL much longer. I only used prozac to come off PAXIL as my doc thought it would make tapering easier ) I'm glad I reinstated although it took me 3 months. I wish I knew then what was really going on. The psychiatrist made me believe it was an original condition returning and I was lifer with meds. Otherwise had I known about this I would have done a 10% taper method once I stablized.

One thing that REALLY helped me sleep even in acute WD was cal/mag citramate ( Thorne brand). Calcium alone can be stimulating and make anxiety worse but together with magnesium its calming. You can only buy this particular one at a health food store or online. I took 180 mg of each ( one pill is 60 mg of each) every night about 30 minutes before I wanted to go to bed. I stayed off anything stimulating ( no reading and no computers or phones). I made sure not to eat a few hours before bed other than have a tea ( wasn't hard as I had zero appetite) I even drank a chamomile tea every evening with pure raw honey and cinnamon. All these really helped me get to sleep and even stay asleep. ( not every night but a lot of nights).

I would stay away from Gaba ( just my opinion) as it affects neurotransmitters and dopamine ( I think) and absolutely never touch seroquil ( also my opinion) as it's another psych med and can seriously cause more harm than good.

The magnesium and omega 3'a sound like a fair natural aid. Some can tolerate them some can't.

You're in my prayers and I wish you well and a fast recovery!! And congrats on the acceptance to school!!

13 years of Ssri's - celexa, Paxil, Prozac, Zoloft

2 fast tapers and 2 cold turkeys over the years

Psych med free since September 4th 2011 - fast tapered then CT'd 12.5 mg of Zoloft

“Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”

― Mahatma Gandhi

• Moderator Emeritus

RM, what is your symptom pattern since you reinstated 10mg Prozac?

Have the headaches stopped?

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• Moderator Emeritus

RealMadrid , how have you been doing the last few days?   

Thinking of you ,

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg