KarenB

• Moderator Emeritus

Nice to meet you SquirelyGirl,

It took me a while to get the hang of the weighing.  I have the capsules with tiny beads and weigh on a Gemini20.  It can be a bit fussy.  I tried lots of surfaces round my house before finding the sturdiest - a low coffee-table made of very thick macrocarpa, resting on concrete blocks.  Solid as.  I also calibrate the scales before each weighing session.  If my family is home any stomping will put the scales out.  I have heard it can help to put one of the calibrating bars in the weigh-pan when weighing very low amounts, so it works in the middle of it's range rather than out at one end where it is less accurate.  Haven't tried that yet.

I can see how that under-weighed drop would have cause you trouble - how frustrating all this is.  Sorry you had such a hard day.  Sometimes it feels like the drugs will never let go of me, but I know that's just neuro-emotion. 

Effexor is apparently very good at creating strange dreams - I get lots, particularly after a cut.  Today I feel okay, managing minor symptoms.  Except for strange new symptom of a vinegar taste in my mouth - yuck, it's been with me all day.  At least the feeling of something being stuck on the end of my nose has gone :excl:.  Super strange...

Thanks for your thoughts on sensitivities.  I think I've eliminated most stimulators - coffee, essential oils (I had some in a bath and got horrid rash), white sugar, dance class (so sad about that, it was my favourite thing but too activating), alcohol.  God, we have to become so aware, but in the end that's probably a good thing.  I keep thinking that if when I make it through all this I'll be the healthiest person I know. :D  I'll be keeping an eye out for other stuff just in case.

And thanks for the empathy, I needed a dose of that.  It's too easy to think I'm the only one.  I hope your symptoms start to ease up soon - you are in my thoughts too.

Hugs,

Karen 

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

Thank you so very very much for linking your blog. It's so beautiful. so beautiful. You manage to put into words feelings I cant express verbally xxxx

I love the way up you describe your town, the people the place the vibe. searching for the missing mother has been my souls life work, I suppose it's a big much to hope for that a place could do that for me now,? But I can't cope here, so fingers crossed xxxxxxxxx

Drug history

• 20mg paxil in 2001 - 4 months use  
  • 20mg paxil in 2003 - 2 months use 
  • 20mg paxil in 2008 - 8 years continuous

Withdrawal history:

• March 2014 - disastrous alternate day taper
  • Jan 2015 - 15mg to 10mg. Disaster
  • Sept 2015 -  10mg to 5mg. Disaster. Reinstated to 6mg. Relief
  • Oct 2015 - started slow 10% taper 
  • Oct 2016 - at 4mg- stop taking paxil (not recommended)

I'm not a medical professional. Seek advice from a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• Moderator Emeritus

I think it's never too late, Molly.  Btw, my husband grew up at Wainui Beach, near Gisbourne, and he reckons it's a much more relaxed place than Gisbourne itself. 

I'm glad you got something from my blog.  Any goodness I can salvage from this wreck is welcome.

Love,
Karen

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

Your blog is special, so yes there's a positive right there xxxxxxx Wainui looks fantastic - esp the gorgeous little school but very pricey - not by Auckland standards, but if we want to get rid of a crippling mortgage - which we need to for sanity's sake then it's quite high xxx

Ps My husband had been asking me to tell him what I need - so I sent him the robot hugs cartoon of the nest in the never coming out days post :) (lol - no reply though - the poor darling probably doesn't know what to say these days!)

Drug history

Withdrawal history:

I'm not a medical professional. Seek advice from a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Karen, how are you going? I've been thinking about you and hoping you're doing really well xxxx

Drug history

Withdrawal history:

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Molly,

Thanks for checking in.  Lately I've been pretty good, just minimal symptoms while doing these 0.4% weekly drops.  Although today I've been feeling down. Just that blah feeling you know?  Pushed myself out into the garden to try and knock it on the head a bit, and feel a little better now.  And my husband reminded me I could just try sitting with it, which meant I stopped worrying about feeling blah, and then I felt a bit better ;).  It's so easy to load extra onto ourselves.  'Why only feel blah when you could feel blah and anxious?  Apply today for a special deal...'

And I got through my birthday.  I've always loved birthdays, but this year I got anxious.  Stink.  And now I'm anxious that I might be anxious on Christmas.  I seriously need an off button. 

Hows things in Auckland?  Still looking for a new place?  Hope you are stabilising on that new dose.

Hugs,

Karen

8 month hold.

Hi Karen - glad you are doing so well.

I just started reading your blog - you are a indeed a very strong woman!

Karen

1999-Wellbutrin for anxiety/depression-CT after less than 1 yr with no prob

2000-2010-AD (can't remember which) a few times for a few months-CT each time with no prob

2012 - Ambien (sleep) and Propanolol (public speaking anxiety)

Jan 2013 - Apr 2014 - Sertraline (25, then 50mg) Ambien after bout with depression

Apr 2014 - Apr 2015 - Sertraline 100mg and Amitriptylene 25mg-CT in May/June. Did notice increased anxiety, moodiness.

Aug/Sept 2015 - Trazodone 50mg (11 days for sleep), Phentermine 37.5mg 11 days), Tramadol 50mg (2 days for kidney stone pain)

Oct 2nd - CT from Trazodone and Phentermine - CRASHED 2 days later. Severe depression, anxiety, constant crying

RI Oct 15th - Citalopram 10mg daily, Vitamin D, Fish Oil Capsule, Magnesium, Simply Sleep at night. Will start weaning 11/15 if stable.

Glad you are feeling a bit better Karen

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Happy Birthday honey!!! 

I love your husband's advice about 'sitting with it', interestingly although probably not surprisingly my own dear husband has started giving me the same sort of advice - they must see us so edgy - dh say's 'today you're not going to stress about anything, you're just gonna relax and be a slob', and generally around the place he'll just say 'relax' and it really helps. It's not in a 'relax you annoying woman' but in a 'don't sweat it, it doesn't really matter does it' sort of way... it helps xxxx I do worry that one day he'll just say 'hey too hard, see ya' since  it's not easy living with me sometimes (ok often )

Here it's been easing a bit, I was lucky enough to get the gift of an enormous burst of serotonin (or whatever the feel good thingie is) last weekend (honestly I was dancing and light as a feather)  and for 3 hours I was just free of the weight. It's settled back, but maybe not quite so heavily, so that's progress :)

We are off to visit the East Cape for the weekend, very excited xxxx Also started getting the house ready for sale, painting doors/ trims etc. 

Love M

Drug history

Withdrawal history:

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks NZ11 and Karen, 

And Molly, thanks to you too.  Our husbands would probably have lots to talk about :P - I'm not easy to live with either, and I really don't know how he does it sometimes.  I'm glad your man is so supportive of you, it makes such a difference.  

East cape, now that's a lovely remote place to visit.  

Good luck with getting the house done up too - and don't overdo it ;).  

Love,

Karen ;)  

8 month hold.

• Moderator Emeritus

Some pretty cool news today.  I have been seeing the same counselor here in Raglan for years now, and this year I've been sharing with her what is happening for me in terms of adverse reaction to SSRI and then withdrawal symptoms etc.  This week she told me that most of the counselors in Raglan were at one of their regular meetings and this whole issue came up.  My counselor was able to share what she'd learned via me, and also share about the existence of this forum.  Apparantly, with more and more people seeking help, it has been identified by this group as something important to understand.

Yay Raglan counselors :D.

8 month hold.

• Moderator Emeritus

Yay KarenB . . . you're doing awesome , it's such a pleasure to see.

Belated birthday wishes , 

xxx

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Hi Karen

I've just finished reading through your thread. You seem to be coping admirably well with the withdrawal. I must admit that I am ready to pack my suitcase and move over to your neck of the woods after reading your description of the town in which you live. The only time people seem to acknowledge me in this neck of the woods is if they give me the finger sign when I drive too slow and they pass me!! 

I too am learning to 'sit with' the anxiety and depression. It seems to always be with me right now so I am just learning to do things regardless. Before I used to sit down all day dwelling on the feeling and worrying myself sick. Now I can function with it (although I still wish it would nick off) 

stripe-showing-love.gif 

• Moderator Emeritus

Some pretty cool news today.  I have been seeing the same counselor here in Raglan for years now, and this year I've been sharing with her what is happening for me in terms of adverse reaction to SSRI and then withdrawal symptoms etc.  This week she told me that most of the counselors in Raglan were at one of their regular meetings and this whole issue came up.  My counselor was able to share what she'd learned via me, and also share about the existence of this forum.  Apparantly, with more and more people seeking help, it has been identified by this group as something important to understand.

Yay Raglan counselors :D.

Yay you, that's a great outcome

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Starburst,

You know, your posts are often like a star-burst - all lovely and sparkling. 

I do feel I'm starting to cope better with w/d, though I'm trying to remind myself that a wave may come.  Don't want to be looking the wrong way and have it knock me off my feet.

Sounds like you are doing okay too, getting your head around all the stuff on s/a.  Takes a while.

Hugs,

Karen

PS  Sorry about the drivers in your town, though one could say the general problem is that you are in Australia... (are we allowed to make NZ/Aussie jokes on here?  - Well, to make up for that I could offer my condolences on the rugby ;)...)

8 month hold.

PS  Sorry about the drivers in your town, though one could say the general problem is that you are in Australia... (are we allowed to make NZ/Aussie jokes on here?  - Well, to make up for that I could offer my condolences on the rugby  ;)...)

LOL!!! The rugby is a sore point Karen!!!
  • Moderator Emeritus

LOL!!! The rugby is a sore point Karen!!!

Too true - have a read of thishttp://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1112-non-drug-techniques-to-cope-with-emotional-symptoms/

for ideas on ways to cope... :D  Glad to be of help...

Love,

KarenB

8 month hold.

Karen, your sense of humour is still intact, even through withdrawal! Even our poor prime minister (I'll have to check who he is because they keep kicking each other out and putting someone else in their place!) is wearing a black tie today in commiseration. The only hope I have of recovery today is winning a bet on the Melbourne Cup. It's that bad. 

• Moderator Emeritus

I've mentioned this forum to my doctor in the past, but today I was able to ask if she would have a read of it - cause I don't know if she ever actually did before.  She brought it up on her computer while I was there, and saved it in her 'favourites' to look at later.  I said it would mean a lot to me if she did look at it, because it's the place that has helped me be okay while tapering.   

It was quite hard for me because I hate controversy, but she reassured me that she likes to have her ideas challenged, and that she wants to be an approachable doctor whether people have positive or negative things to share.  She said that if I've been unhappy with how things have been done then she wants to know so she can look at the issue and make changes where needed.  She said that it's very important for doctors to hear about the bad experiences people have with things eg SSRIs, because it adds to the overall picture doctors have. 

So I also told her about the lawsuit in Australia, and that I'd shared SurvivingAntidepressants with my counselor, and my counselor had shared it with a group of Raglan counselors, because they are getting more and more people coming to them for help with this.   

It was a really good visit, and I felt like she really heard how I felt about things.  I told her my current tapering plan (4 weekly 0.4%cuts then 4 weeks holding) and she noted it down and seemed pleased I'd found a good way.  I feel so good about being heard, and that she might look at this site - it's another small but important step in having doctors realise the difficulties around SSRIs.  And I'm glad too because my relationship with her just got more open, and that's really important if changes are to happen.

She gave me a big hug too, and I like hugs...

Karen

8 month hold.

(((Karen))) That was a very brave thing you did, talking to your doctor so openly. I hope she continues to be open-minded and truly does come to this site and read what these drugs are doing to people. 

Change has to start somewhere...

Karen

1999-Wellbutrin for anxiety/depression-CT after less than 1 yr with no prob

2000-2010-AD (can't remember which) a few times for a few months-CT each time with no prob

2012 - Ambien (sleep) and Propanolol (public speaking anxiety)

Jan 2013 - Apr 2014 - Sertraline (25, then 50mg) Ambien after bout with depression

Apr 2014 - Apr 2015 - Sertraline 100mg and Amitriptylene 25mg-CT in May/June. Did notice increased anxiety, moodiness.

Aug/Sept 2015 - Trazodone 50mg (11 days for sleep), Phentermine 37.5mg 11 days), Tramadol 50mg (2 days for kidney stone pain)

Oct 2nd - CT from Trazodone and Phentermine - CRASHED 2 days later. Severe depression, anxiety, constant crying

RI Oct 15th - Citalopram 10mg daily, Vitamin D, Fish Oil Capsule, Magnesium, Simply Sleep at night. Will start weaning 11/15 if stable.

I'm so proud of you speaking to your doctor!! It's really really hard to do since we feel often like they will mentally dismiss such sites and experiences as crack jobs. You're doing so well honey xxxxxx

Drug history

Withdrawal history:

Well done, Karen! A big hug to you!

Current dose: 0! Free!  Quit June 2017.

2017: Last dose zoloft: 17 June 0,00065 mg 18 May 0, 001 mg 14 May 0,002 mg 9 May 0,003 mg 28 April 0,006 mg 19 April 0,009 mg 8 April 0,013 mg 25 March 0,019 mg 22 March 0,039 mg 18 March 0,052 mg 16 March 0,079 mg 4 March 0,086 1 March 0,099 mg 22 February 0,11 mg 15 February 0,13 mg 6 February 0,145 mg 24 January 0,15 mg 19 January 0,19 mg 10 January 0,20 mg 3 January

2016: 0,98 to 0,22 mg; 2015: 2,35 to 1,01 mg; 2014: 4,9 to 2,5 mg; 2013: 9,1 to 5,1 mg; 2012: 15,7 to 9,7 mg; 2011: Started on 25 mg - then 50 mg- dropped to 25- to 12.5 mg - back to 25 mg - after 18.75 mg started tiny tapering to 16.6 mg

Started on 25 mg Zoloft in March 2011 due to stressrelated tinnitus that gave me panicattacks. Had a terrible reaction to Zoloft from start, but was told to "hold on". After four months I was stuck. Therefore the long taper. Crazy, I know... Super sensitive to drops and have dropped by 4-6 % from the previous dose.

may be we should all do this at our next doctor appointment. the best form of advertising is word of mouth or so it has been said.

Namaste.

1997 - 2001 Seroxat 10mg

2001 - 2013 Escitalopram 10mg

Gradual taper from 10mg to 5mg over 2.5 years (between 2011 - 2013)

Last taper from 5mg to 0 under advice from doctor done in 1 month (too damn fast!) - included missing out days.

Have been drug free since Oct 2013.  - Yep 5 years drugs free

• Moderator Emeritus

I agree DaddyCee , we  all should at least try.

I did the same with my current gp , and she was genuinely interested in part because she's seen me

continue to improve as I've been tapering.  I also wanted her to see the video I posted here from when I was

very sick so that she could see for herself my akathisia and what severe w/d did to me.

Karen , there are many lawsuits going on Australia . . . was it my medical negligence action that you told her about?

"Woman sues GP for irresponsible prescribing" ?

:D

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

I agree DaddyCee , we  all should at least try.

I did the same with my current gp , and she was genuinely interested in part because she's seen me

continue to improve as I've been tapering.  I also wanted her to see the video I posted here from when I was

very sick so that she could see for herself my akathisia and what severe w/d did to me.

Karen , there are many lawsuits going on Australia . . . was it my medical negligence action that you told her about?

:D

Hi Fresh, what video would that be please? I don't think I've seen any videos on this site.

1997 - 2001 Seroxat 10mg

2001 - 2013 Escitalopram 10mg

Gradual taper from 10mg to 5mg over 2.5 years (between 2011 - 2013)

Last taper from 5mg to 0 under advice from doctor done in 1 month (too damn fast!) - included missing out days.

Have been drug free since Oct 2013.  - Yep 5 years drugs free

• Moderator Emeritus

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

Karen,

It sounds like you have a " rare breed"  of a doctor, who is willing to listen  and question the " norm".  That is encouraging. Let's hope a few more, can follow her lead and become educated about this topic, in the future.

I've read a bit more of your thread, and realized that we have similar past issues.  I checked out your " Continued Healing " site , and immediately felt a bond with you.  As in, you are also a " survivor". ( C.S.A.)

I'm sorry, that you have had the pain of that as well, but I just wanted to say that I think you're going really well, dealing with it all.  I can identify so much, with a lot of what you say, and have very similar thoughts and reactions.  Unfortunately , I have never found a therapist that was effective , as you have. I wish I had.  It might have helped a little.  Nothing will take it away, but it would have been nice to have some help along the way .  Of course, this is all compounded, by withdrawal, which makes it so hard , to know what is " neuro - emotions" or  PTSD.,or just plain sadness and grief, over what happened.

Anyway, it helped me to see how well you're doing, and I'm going to try and follow your lead. I'm hoping, I can finally leave this in the past, once and for all, once I'm through this withdrawal.

Hugs,

Ali.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

Ali what a wonderful thing you write.  It brought me joyful tears because that is exactly why I started my blog - finding connections and helping others and being helped.  I am so glad for you - I really believe each of us can live lives with joy and goodness and healing in them, even where there has been trauma.  You deserve that so much. 

Sometimes it comes down to noticing the opportunity in each day for that 'small' healing thing, then as each day builds on the last the healing grows. 

Hugs and healing and love to you,

KarenB

8 month hold.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Fresh,

It was the one where the lawyers are doing a class action against the makers of Effexor etc.

8 month hold.

Hi :) I've been meaning to tell you that something that is making a bad situation sometimes a tiny bit manageable is the magnesium I got from your local healthfood store while we were in Raglan: it's called ummm actually I can't tell, hold on it says 'Orthoplex - MagOpti' . It's a powder that you mix with water and it tastes ok - cost a wopping $55 (but maybe that's the outoftowner price ;))

Drug history

Withdrawal history:

• Moderator Emeritus

Ah, that'll be the shop we call the Herbal 'Expensary' (instead of the Dispensary).  They do have good stuff in there though.  I'm in a little wave - ankle-deep yesterday, waist-deep last night, and ankle-deep again today. and so your post is very timely.  Might pop in there tomorrow.  I knew it would happen at some stage, and a four-week window was such a blessing, but at least in this wave I'm so much more positive that things will be okay.

Was thinking of you recently too - hope you are finding goodness in your days.

Gosh, we just had thunder here.

Hugs,

Karen

8 month hold.

love expensary!! we spent some outrageous figure on all manner of potions - many which are still sitting in the cupboard xx

I'm giving you a gentle wave huge xxx it's so beautiful you can see it for what it is xxxx and thank you for reframing my glass as diamonds - now I just have to somehow internalise that!!

Drug history

Withdrawal history:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hey Karen -

When I read about your journey (and your blog - still reading, thank you for that) I'm touched by how clear and positive you are through it all.  Even on the bad days, you have a sense of humour, and a way of reaching out to others inclusively to help the next person up.  That "Pay It Forward" thing is powerful - if it hadn't been for people helping me up, I wouldn't have made it.

It's a shame none of you Kiwis are very close together - I'd love to have a little gathering when we come to the Isle of Long Cloud next year.  But y'all seem to be scattered to the four directions, and nowhere near we are staying (don't ask, I'm not in charge of travel plans!).  Sigh.  I do love New Zealand.  "Heaven on Earth"

Keep putting one foot in front of the other!  You're gonna make this - and - after you get down low enough, you'll be amazed at what your brain can do for you, even after what it's been put through!

I hope you see the sun today!

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

I'll definitely come to Raglan to see you both  :)

Drug history

Withdrawal history:

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Karen B.  And thank you for your kindness and support.  I saw your post on Omega 3's........and I can't tell you how many times I have purchased the completely wrong supplement and then even used it.  I have copied off information for myself...........but still do it! 

Sometimes it's like I get into the shop(store) and leave my brain in my vehicle(car). 

Then sometimes I am still pretty all together.

Just saying.......it still comes and goes but it will get better!  And I am so much better than when I first came here to SA.  I imagine you are too!

Yup.....we are survivors.  :)

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you Many, I needed a little love on that one :blush:

I'm mostly feeling amused now, luckily, and you are right - I am a whole lot better off than when I first got to s/a. 

My husband laughed and said he wasn't surprised, just another thing in my 'rich tapestry' as he calls it.  I think that's a good perpsective. 

And for anyone else reading this, what happened is that I managed to think 'fish oil' was the same as the more activating 'cod-liver-oil' and have been taking the wrong thing for the last 5 months :wacko::excl:.  Cods are fish after all... and the labels look the same...gleep. 

8 month hold.