Prestorb

Baltimore/D.C. Metro - Please Check In Here

Prestorb

Hello, I live in Annapolis and would very much like to meet others experiencing this difficult process. Because this process sucks up most of my energy (and the meds have actually led to several depressive episodes over the last 5 years), I have found myself very isolated and withdrawn from friends and family. This is mostly my fault as I seem to be unable to muster the motivation and energy to stay connected. But the other side of it that I don't feel that I can be authentic with how I am feeling with people that haven't experienced this process, so I tend to stay out of touch and say as little as possible about myself when I do interact. Frankly, I know for a fact that if I weren't going through it myself, I would not be able to understand how debilitating it can be. So, please check in if you are in the area and maybe we can get a support group going. That would be awesome! Rachel????

IndigoEarthling

I'm in DC and looking for support too- I thought about starting a meetup- survive antidepressants meetup maybe?

I'm in the throws of major depression and ocd- it's hard for me to put on a face, but would be good to chat with others who get it. I've gone to a DBSA support group but it was hard for me to hear from other people who believed in the meds and we're trying to find the right dose.

What are you thinking?

Prestorb

Hi Indigo! I am so happy someone finally responded, lots of views, but you are the first response. I am also suffering from depression, so I know exactly what you mean. I was hoping for more responses here (rather than going to MeetUp) but am open to ideas. Maybe I should just PM you and we could talk by phone when you have time? I am not working, have an 11 year son and husband, so fairly flexible with times. Btw, it sounds like you are doing great considering your circumstances! Hang in there! ☺️

IndigoEarthling

Presto, please feel free to PM me. Admittedly chatting on the phone and meeting someone Ive only met online makes me quite anxious- but I also realize I need support from someone who "gets it". Maybe we can message one another and get a conversation going and then figure something out?

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Hope you are hanging in there yourself!

compsports

I also live in the DC area and would love to meet you all at some point.   Feel free to PM me.

CS

Prestorb

Welcome CS! I would like to meet you too. This is not an easy thing to go through, the more support we can give one another, the better. I like Indigo's suggestion of getting to know one another a little better here, and figure something out - maybe a weekly meetup? I will PM you, and maybe we can text or talk by phone too.

Personally, I have become rather isolated from friends and family over the last several months because I am not really comfortable sharing all of this. And even with those I have shared, they don't want to hear about it every single time I talk to them. But for me, it's always right there and as much as I want to get away from it, I cant. And not only that, but I feel that I need to accept that this where I am right now and that I am healing, albeit extremely slowly! So, like Indigo, I need support from people who "get it", and don't just think I've lost it.

I am really happy to have some responses here! :-)

Marissa

Baltimore, MD--how do I connect with you guys?

Marissa

Marissa

I should add that the section below hasn't been updated in a long time. Sorry...

NearlyMedlessKate

Central Maryland here and can travel to DC/Baltimore/Annapolis pretty easily. Would love to be part of a local support or meetup.

Downbutnotout

Is there anyone in Columbus, Ohio? Or anyone I could talk to on the phone?