AliG

☼ AliG: Surviving

Junglechicken
1 minute ago, AliG said:

No, we just hear about it in the movies, LOL.  :P

I guess I'm lucky that my kids are older but it can still be difficult. I used to be such a traveller ~ it was my passion, along with Painting, ( oil and water- colour)  Photography, Latin dancing and all dancing , actually. (Pump) lifting weights and a bit of gardening ~ creating art in the garden. I do miss my creative side and wonder if it will ever actually re- surface.

I know the feeling Ali.......its all dormant.

Athena

My sleep is a thousand per cent better

That is so good to read. Because I know how dreadful severe insomnia is, and I feel that you had to go through that but became 1000x better. But it also gives me hope that mine will go away as well- all hope is welcome at this moment for me.

Take good care,

Athena

AliG

Thanks Athena. Yes , the insomnia is ... really hard and keeps coming back ... like a boomerang ... in Oz,  but the pattern is generally decreasing and becomes much easier, over time. 

There are also many symptoms that come and go  .... but ultimately  ... recede in time ...  it takes  some faith to keep on .

Gridley

Ali, thanks for dropping by.  It was very kind of you.

AliG

Hi All - I just wanted to post an update and also sign off for a wee while ... ( New Zealand speak)  😉

I just got back from my trip to New Zealand which I thoroughly enjoyed as the scenery is so spectacular and it was lovely to have some quality time with my husband, away from work and everyday life etc.

I'm doing really well, although the insomnia continues to be an ongoing issue for me at various times ( windows and waves) -  I went through quite a bad patch before I left for my holiday and it definitely took it's toll on me emotionally and physically, causing much irritability and neuro- emotions not to mention, total exhaustion - " burn out". I wasn't handling things as well as I could and should have and realized that I perhaps needed to step back for a little while.

You may have noticed that I'm no longer a moderator - mainly, because I was finding the stress of it all, far too great and it was having a very negative impact on my health and recovery. I have decided that it is in my best interests to temporarily leave SA for now -  as I have felt quite stuck and it was dragging me down, dealing with so many experiencing pain during withdrawal. My heart goes out to everyone here but I just wasn't coping with the intensity that I was feeling, as a result. The sadness was enveloping me and I found that I was becoming reactive under the pressure whilst also having difficulty dealing with my own W/D symptoms, which can be quite intense at times, even after 4 years of withdrawal.

This withdrawal journey was just another chapter in my life but it's so much healthier for me to close it now and move on, as my husband and I are planning to travel extensively and also live in Europe for a good part of each year. I'm really looking forward to that as I love France and Italy especially, and they will be ideal places to explore further as well as others like Switzerland and Spain, not to mention Greece and Croatia ... the list goes on ... It is literally a wonderland out there and we plan to explore as much as possible during this lifetime.

I have enjoyed my time here immensely and have met so many beautiful people who I will treasure forever ... and have also become firm friends for life.

I will check in from time to time and do the occasional update ~ as I think it's so important to see what happens over time, particularly with the cold turkey, long term- scenario. It is an untapped field and so important to keep the history alive with those of us who are doing and living it !  

Wishing everyone here the best in their own individual journeys and the very best that life can offer ...

Much Love ,

Ali

Junglechicken
3 minutes ago, AliG said:

Hi All - I just wanted to post an update and also sign off for a wee while ... ( New Zealand speak)  😉

I just got back from my trip to New Zealand which I thoroughly enjoyed as the scenery is so spectacular and it was lovely to have some quality time with my husband, away from work and everyday life etc.

I'm doing really well, although the insomnia continues to be an ongoing issue for me at various times ( windows and waves) -  I went through quite a bad patch before I left for my holiday and it definitely took it's toll on me emotionally and physically, causing much irritability and neuro- emotions not to mention, total exhaustion - " burn out". I wasn't handling things as well as I could and should have and realized that I perhaps needed to step back for a little while.

You may have noticed that I'm no longer a moderator - mainly, because I was finding the stress of it all, far too great and it was having a very negative impact on my health and recovery. I have decided that it is in my best interests to temporarily leave SA for now -  as I have felt quite stuck and it was dragging me down, dealing with so many experiencing pain during withdrawal. My heart goes out to everyone here but I just wasn't coping with the intensity that I was feeling, as a result. The sadness was enveloping me and I found that I was becoming reactive under the pressure whilst also having difficulty dealing with my own W/D symptoms, which can be quite intense at times, even after 4 years of withdrawal.

This withdrawal journey was just another chapter in my life but it's so much healthier for me to close it now and move on, as my husband and I are planning to travel extensively and also live in Europe for a good part of each year. I'm really looking forward to that as I love France and Italy especially, and they will be ideal places to explore further as well as others like Switzerland and Spain, not to mention Greece and Croatia ... the list goes on ... It is literally a wonderland out there and we plan to explore as much as possible during this lifetime.

I have enjoyed my time here immensely and have met so many beautiful people who I will treasure forever ... and have also become firm friends for life.

I will check in from time to time and do the occasional update ~ as I think it's so important to see what happens over time, particularly with the cold turkey, long term- scenario. It is an untapped field and so important to keep the history alive with those of us who are doing and living it !  

Wishing everyone here the best in their own individual journeys and the very best that life can offer ...

Much Love ,

Ali

Ali,

This is REALLY inspiring, and THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for all your support over the past 2 years.  

I hope you'll look me up over here!  

You're inspiring, because not only have you 99% recovered from all that WD threw at you, but you have moved on mentally from all that, and are now seeking a new beginning, marriage intact, with exciting times ahead of you.  Renewed energy, adventure!

How wonderful ...... keep us posted re: your travels!

Much love, hugs etc., and bon voyage! ✈️

JC xxx

AliG

Thanks JC. You are lovely ~ I will look you up, for sure ~ 

Please continue to question the normal "medical model " ~  I don't feel like I have done much more than "begin to question that".

Ali xx

Junglechicken
19 minutes ago, AliG said:

Thanks JC. You are lovely ~ I will look you up, for sure ~ 

Please continue to question the normal "medical model " ~  I don't feel like I have done much more than "begin to question that".

Ali xx

We are about 30 miles from London in a beautiful area with great pubs!!  Have I sold it to you?!!

Oh, don't worry I do question the "medical model".

BTW I'm completely off meds now 🥂

Some doctors are better than others in regards to prescribing unnecessary medication.  My Naturopath has become my doctor instead, but of course it is very costly.

JC xx

AliG

JC: Same . Lets get together. 😉 

Junglechicken
2 minutes ago, AliG said:

JC: Same . Lets get together. 😉 

Awesome! 

AliG
1 hour ago, Junglechicken said:

Ali,

This is REALLY inspiring, and THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for all your support over the past 2 years.  

I hope you'll look me up over here!  

You're inspiring, because not only have you 99% recovered from all that WD threw at you, but you have moved on mentally from all that, and are now seeking a new beginning, marriage intact, with exciting times ahead of you.  Renewed energy, adventure!

How wonderful ...... keep us posted re: your travels!

Much love, hugs etc., and bon voyage! ✈️

JC xxx

I just got back from my trip to New Zealand which I thoroughly enjoyed as the scenery is spectacular and it was lovely to have some quality time with my husband, away from work.

I'm fine although the insomnia continues to be an issue for me at various times. I went through a bad patch before I left for my holiday and it took it's toll on me emotionally and physically, causing irritability and neuro- emotions not to mention, total exhaustion - burned out. I wasn't handling things well.

You may have noticed that I'm no longer a moderator - mainly because I was finding the stress of it all, far too great and it was having a very negative impact on my health and recovery. I have decided that it is in my best interests to leave SA -  as I felt stuck and it was dragging me down , dealing with so many members experiencing pain during their withdrawal. My heart goes out to them all, but I just wasn't coping.The sadness was enveloping me and I found that I was becoming reactive under the pressure and also dealing with my own W/D symptoms.

This withdrawal journey was a chapter in my life but it's healthier for me to close it now and move on, as my husband and I are planning to travel extensively and also live in Europe for a good part of each year. I'm looking forward to that.

AliG

You ok ? 

Happy2Heal

so wonderful to see you Ali and to hear that you're doing so well

you've helped so many thru the rough times. you are a kind hearted person and I'm not surprised to hear it was taking a toll on you, being a moderator. we all have to do what is in our own best interest. and I think for most of us, that will mean moving on from here. 

all the best to you!! 

Junglechicken
44 minutes ago, AliG said:

You ok ? 

Symptom wise, not too bad.

emotionally - could be better.

AliG
13 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

Symptom wise, not too bad.

emotionally - could be better.

I'm so sorry ~ all good.

AliG
46 minutes ago, Happy2Heal said:

so wonderful to see you Ali and to hear that you're doing so well

you've helped so many thru the rough times. you are a kind hearted person and I'm not surprised to hear it was taking a toll on you, being a moderator. we all have to do what is in our own best interest. and I think for most of us, that will mean moving on from here. 

all the best to you!! 

Thank you , H2H.

Santino

Hi AliG

It is soo good that you re feeling better and i think you are taking the right decision of going off SA for a while... I am indebted to you for your good advice on different occasions and i believe from this point on you will be better and better.

In case you will live in Europe and some day decide to visit Albania.... let me know in private in here. I have an hotel in here and it will be fun to have friends visit you time and again.

All the best

Santino

AliG
6 minutes ago, Santino said:

I am indebted to you for your good advice on different occasions and i believe from this point on you will be better and better.

Thanks S.

I'm so glad that you are doing better ... ~ I would love to visit ~ please let me know . Pm me with your address and I will come and visit !  Thank You ~ Much love ~ 

apace41
2 hours ago, AliG said:

This withdrawal journey was a chapter in my life but it's healthier for me to close it now and move on,

It is so great to hear that you are in a place where moving on is what you are thinking of.  You have spent a lot of great time here and helped a lot of people, Ali.  We will miss you greatly but want nothing but the best for you and hope to hear more of your adventures as you continue to finish your healing.  A success story would be greatly appreciated by those of us who can only hope to be in your place in the future.

Well done, Ali!

Best,

Andy

Hopefull
On 5/15/2018 at 9:33 PM, AliG said:

Hi AliG,

Best of luck with everything.  Thank you for your support. 

Take care,  :)

direstraits

wishing you all the best as you move forward with your life.

thanks for all the love and support you've given me...I'll miss you,dear Ali.

happy travels!

Love,J   ❤️

Littlegrandma

Congratulations and good luck Ali. 

Have a happy life!🌷

Safe travels...may the wind always be at you back!    xx Lg

powerback

Take care ALIG thanks for your help and support .respect to you and your future .

Flowers

Hi Ali

So pleased you got a trip away and are doing well. I can totally understand that you need to give yourself some time and space to heal further. I am so grateful for all that you have done for me. I hope that life just continues to get better and better for you.

If you are ever in Spain please let me know as I would love to meet you in person. 

Lots of love and best wishes for your future.

Flowers xxx

Rosetta

Dearest AliG,

Thank you for helping me to see that there is much hope for recovery.  There was a time when I could not see that, and your words helped me immensely.  Of course, I don't want you to go as this place won't be the same without you, but I understand why you need to go.  I hope that you will free of withdrawal very soon, Ali.  Perhaps our paths will cross again someday when I fly free as well.

Love and Peace, Rosetta

nick1990

Glad you enjoyed New Zealand . And I’m so glad your doing well . You have a life of real living ahead . All the best and thanks for all you’ve done for me during my tough times.

love 

nick 

Survivor1

AliG, so glad that you are able to move on.  I wish you all the best, and thank you so much for being there for me in my time of need.  Take care.