SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ erer: CT from Cymbalta and in trouble with Zyprexa, Diazepam and Valdoxan

erer

I'm so sorry erer xxx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

erer,

How are you doing?

What are your symptoms right now?

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

Hi erer,

I've been gone from here for some time and wanted to check in to see how you are. How are you? Any progress whatsoever? Even a teency?

Blessings,

Felin

All that I can give you at this point is what I can remember. Will add more after I've called the zillions of doctors that I've had over the past 30 years. I have spent all day calling old insurance co's, etc to get the long list of doctors names that I once had, so will update this someday. Unfortunately, most records are no longer available. :(

Haven't started tapering yet. Will.

Currently am on:

• Cymbalta 60 mg/ daily - actually taking the generic for it. It is called Duloxetine
  • Wellbutrin XL 150 mg/ daily - taking the generic for this. It is called Bupropion XL
  • Naturethroid 3/4 grain/ daily - this is a natural dessicated thyroid med for my Hypothyroidism
  • Relpax only take as needed - for migraines

FINALLY started tapering Cymbalta by 5% reduction May 5, 2016

Every day is a struggle. The day starts and brings indescribable sufferings my way. Yesterday was especially bad. Yesterday I was really close to... well. In the evening I cried for hours in my partners arms because I had survived that day and was still alive.

This is how things are for me still.

It is difficult to believe that such sufferings can last that long. Apparently they can.

I really wish I could just take a small glimpse - just for a minute or so - into the future and see that things have improved. So I would have something to hold on to, certainty that this hell will end one day.

---

Also, I have been thinking about it... I don't know whether it was the shock of the suicide attempt itself, the coma that followed or the traumas I experienced afterwards while hospitalised, but everything has changed. For some reason everything is different, my feelings I cannot recognise - they are new, the sufferings are different and new in a bad way, everything in life just seems loose from attachments. 

Perhaps it is some cognitive damage, maybe it is the medications (I suspect olanzapine could have most to do with this), or it is the shock of the experiences, but nothing is the same any more. It is different and very scary.

• 2,5 years of slowly tapering down Cymbalta from 60 mg. Then tried going from 8,44 mg to 1 mg in 8 days. (April 1st 2015). That's when the real hell started. Reinstated. Didn't help. I was added Ativan (2 mg 2 times a day for relentless akathisia that started with jumping Cymbalta). For years had been taking Zopitin 7,5 mg and Stilnox 10 mg for I had not been able to sleep naturally since the 1st day I started Cymbalta). Used to take Xanax occasionally.
  • All of the above were stopped cold turkey when I was hospitalized in the beginning of May 2015.
  • Prior to that I have been on and off the whole spectrum of different AD-s for 15 years (since I was 17).

My introduction.

Tapering:

• Olanzapine (starting point 2,1 mg): Jan 2016  /---/ April 2018 0 mg. (From 2,1 mg to 0 mg in 1y 3mo).
  • Diazepam (starting at 5 mg) : switching to liquid May 2018;  4,6 mg (June 2018) /---/ 0 mg (Feb 2020) (From 10 to 5 - nobody knows, from 5 to 0 in 1 y 10 mo)
  • Valdoxan (starting at 25 mg): switching to liquid (Feb 2019) /---/ 0 mg (July 2020)

Oh erer..I'm so sorry. I wish there was something that can be done to allievate your suffering.

Wishing you much peace. And yes, how great that would be to see into the future to see that all this crap has gone xx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Hang in there erer

You have been through A LOT. You are still in shock and traumatized by everything you experienced recently. Your nervous system experienced a severe blow. It will get better. You are alive and that's the most important thing. Hang in there honey, I'm here if you want to talk. Take it one moment at a time. Stay in the present moment. The present we can endure. I'm praying for relief for you. I'm also doing really really bad at the moment. 

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.

Thank you so much - you are very kind people. 

I really appreciate your supportive words. I am also very sorry to hear that you are not doing well. I sincerely  hope things will get better soon for all of you and all of us.

It is ironical, I am getting more support from you, total strangers here than I am from a lot of people who took pride in being sort of a supportive network before all this happened to me.

I am not alone, though, just some bitterness and disappointment speaking in me. I do have a very-very supportive partner and also my "little" sister (she is 8 years younger than me) has helped me a lot since she found out how bad things really are.

• 2,5 years of slowly tapering down Cymbalta from 60 mg. Then tried going from 8,44 mg to 1 mg in 8 days. (April 1st 2015). That's when the real hell started. Reinstated. Didn't help. I was added Ativan (2 mg 2 times a day for relentless akathisia that started with jumping Cymbalta). For years had been taking Zopitin 7,5 mg and Stilnox 10 mg for I had not been able to sleep naturally since the 1st day I started Cymbalta). Used to take Xanax occasionally.
  • All of the above were stopped cold turkey when I was hospitalized in the beginning of May 2015.
  • Prior to that I have been on and off the whole spectrum of different AD-s for 15 years (since I was 17).

My introduction.

Tapering:

• Olanzapine (starting point 2,1 mg): Jan 2016  /---/ April 2018 0 mg. (From 2,1 mg to 0 mg in 1y 3mo).
  • Diazepam (starting at 5 mg) : switching to liquid May 2018;  4,6 mg (June 2018) /---/ 0 mg (Feb 2020) (From 10 to 5 - nobody knows, from 5 to 0 in 1 y 10 mo)
  • Valdoxan (starting at 25 mg): switching to liquid (Feb 2019) /---/ 0 mg (July 2020)

You will make it honey. Message me if you ever want to talk. I'm thinking about you ever since I learned about your stuggles, sending you positive healing thoughts and healing energy. Hang in there moment by moment.

You will make it honey. Message me if you ever want to talk. I'm thinking about you ever since I learned about your stuggles, sending you positive healing thoughts and healing energy. Hang in there moment by moment.

Thank you! And I really sincerely wish you all the best and hope that good things will come your way. 

I read some of your thread too and I see that you are really struggling as well. Please hang on! I know it has to get better for us.

My introduction.

Tapering:

Thank you honey, I wish all the best for you too. We have to survive and make it through this. 

Precious loved of God, erer,

My heart just breaks to hear of your continued suffering and the new suffering.

At this point in your life, are you able to read? If not, would your partner be willing to read TO you?

I have a book that I really want you to buy and read. REALLY REALLY!! I am in the midst of reading it now. My best friend asked me to read it many months ago, but I did not. All this time later, I've picked it up and am astounded thus far.

Is it ok for us to recommend books in this community? Surely hoping so!

It is called "The Healing Codes" by Alexander Loyd and Ben Johnson The title, itself, is why I refrained from reading it for so long. It sounded ooga booga to me. I knew, though, the my bf would never read or recommend something that was "out there", I just SO did NOT like the title. As a Christian woman the title sounded quite contrary to what I thought could possibly be Godly.

Whatever the case, don't let that title throw you off. It is actually scientific stuff and not in any way paranormal or anything of the sort.

So happy that you are here!

All that I can give you at this point is what I can remember. Will add more after I've called the zillions of doctors that I've had over the past 30 years. I have spent all day calling old insurance co's, etc to get the long list of doctors names that I once had, so will update this someday. Unfortunately, most records are no longer available. :(

Haven't started tapering yet. Will.

Currently am on:

• Cymbalta 60 mg/ daily - actually taking the generic for it. It is called Duloxetine
  • Wellbutrin XL 150 mg/ daily - taking the generic for this. It is called Bupropion XL
  • Naturethroid 3/4 grain/ daily - this is a natural dessicated thyroid med for my Hypothyroidism
  • Relpax only take as needed - for migraines

FINALLY started tapering Cymbalta by 5% reduction May 5, 2016

It is called "The Healing Codes" by Alexander Loyd and Ben Johnson The title, itself, is why I refrained from reading it for so long. It sounded ooga booga to me. I knew, though, the my bf would never read or recommend something that was "out there", I just SO did NOT like the title. As a Christian woman the title sounded quite contrary to what I thought could possibly be Godly.

In what way has this book helped you? 

My introduction.

Tapering:

• 2 weeks later...

Must. Survive. Another. Day.

My introduction.

Tapering:

I relate so much to what you write and I'm so sorry you have to endure that. I lost all hope and couldn't see any future at that point. but the future still came. and I'm happy that it did. it's better than I could have ever imagined. because I have got so much better, even after such a destructive crash. I believe in your ability to heal as well. because I have experienced it. it just takes such a big part of your life, and is so hard and long :(

please let me and others know if there's something that we can do for you. thinking of you! I hope the suffering will ease soon. 

in 2002- 0,5 tablet cipramil for half a year, ended it uneventfully. in 2006 - citalopram for half a year, ended in horrific state, ditched the drugs CT. 2007-2008 not feeling well but drug free. in 2008 prozac 20mg + quetiapine 25mg. 2009 tried to stop, ended up in hole after couple of months, started zoloft. 2009-2011 zoloft 50mg. went to 25mg in 2011 summer, it resulted in half a year horrible suffering. reinstated, changed drugs, nothing happened. by 2012 beginning suddenly felt great and CT meds. after 4 months came suddenly most horrible human suffering that's possible. was started on prozac and questiapine. started tapering slowly, GFCF diet and Hardy Nutritionals vitamins in 2013 summer. 

current medications: 1) fluoxetine and quetiapine since Aug 2012; 2) Daily Essential Nutrients by Hardy Nutritionals 7 capsules / since May 2013 + omega3; 3) Gluten-free-casein-free diet since june 2013

Started withdrawing slowly since april 2013. Mostly around 10% cuts. 

April'13 - March'14: fluoxetine 40mg -> 19,5mg; quetiapine 50mg -> 40mg
April'14-March'15: fluoxetine 19,5mg -> 14,4mg; quetiapine 40mg -> 22mg

April'15-March'16: fluoxetine 14,4mg -> 7,4mg; quetiapine 22mg -> 15mg

April'16-March'17: fluoxetine 7,4mg -> 5,0mg; quetiapine 15mg -> 7,25mg

April'17-March'18: fluoxetine 5,0mg -> 4,0mg; quetiapine 7,25mg -> 0 (as of 1st Feb 2018)!!!!

April´18-March´19: fluoxetine 4,0mg - > 2,3mg. Jumped off fluoxetine 1,4mg due to pregnancy in July 2019. Oct 2019 severe withdrawal syndrome started.

Took mistakenly a complex for hormonal support that included pregnenolone dec2019-april2020. Stopped it april 2020 and immediately severe akathisia started. Have had life threatening akathisia since, 100% disabled, suicidal, very hard to hold on. 

I have experienced these terrible bolts of lightning that go through your brain and body when coming off Venlafaxine and Cymbalta (duloxetine), but does Olanzapine also cause brain zaps as one of the withdrawal symptoms?

My introduction.

Tapering:

What-ifs are haunting me today. What if I had not developed the akathisia - the worst symptom I have ever experienced, the one that led me to my suicide attempt. 

What if something in my brain or body had been different and I had not developed such a reaction. So much unbearable suffering would have never existed. So many other things that I would have been able to muscle through. The physical and mental experience of it is something I know I will NEVER be able to put to words. And although I know I am tough and can push through so much suffering, this is one thing I am so frightened of - because this beat me. And it can come back any time with the next wave. It has done so already, but the instances of intense symptoms have been short (not over a day) and I have used my "life lines" right away so anything bad would not happen. But I don't know how long I could take it.

My introduction.

Tapering:

Partly because of the akathisia, after the suicide attempt and hospitalization, I have developed an intense fear of being alone. And this makes dealing with life really challenging for me at this point. I have to force myself to find ways to go to places, spend time with people etc, even though I am experiencing akathisia, derealisation and other symptoms that for me are truly horrendous. And my strength is running out, so are the opportunities to find something to fill my days with. 

And I am not even sure this will ever pass...  :(

My introduction.

Tapering:

A lot of people here have dealt with akathisia honey. It's terrible, but survivable. You can make this, even though you don't think you can. The akathisia does eventually go away. It recently went away for Pugknows. 

A lot of people here have dealt with akathisia honey. It's terrible, but survivable. You can make this, even though you don't think you can. The akathisia does eventually go away. It recently went away for Pugknows. 

Just reading about the time span of the WD symptoms lasting for people is really overwhelming. Years. I mean... years!

My introduction.

Tapering:

I know, it seems like an insurmountable obstacle, but people endure it and eventually recover. It means we can do this and recover too. It's not impossible. It's not unbearable. It's torture, but it's survivable. 

• Administrator

Yes.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

people do recover. I still can't believe I have recovered so much after what happened to me in 2012. same thing - I can't describe it. there are no words. this is out of this world suffering. fortunately, as you recover, you somewhat forget the exact feeling. I'm grateful for that. 

it has taken so much time, so I know it's not going to end quickly for you, but i KNOW you can recover! and I so, so, so much hope that some relief is coming soon! thinking of you...

in 2002- 0,5 tablet cipramil for half a year, ended it uneventfully. in 2006 - citalopram for half a year, ended in horrific state, ditched the drugs CT. 2007-2008 not feeling well but drug free. in 2008 prozac 20mg + quetiapine 25mg. 2009 tried to stop, ended up in hole after couple of months, started zoloft. 2009-2011 zoloft 50mg. went to 25mg in 2011 summer, it resulted in half a year horrible suffering. reinstated, changed drugs, nothing happened. by 2012 beginning suddenly felt great and CT meds. after 4 months came suddenly most horrible human suffering that's possible. was started on prozac and questiapine. started tapering slowly, GFCF diet and Hardy Nutritionals vitamins in 2013 summer. 

current medications: 1) fluoxetine and quetiapine since Aug 2012; 2) Daily Essential Nutrients by Hardy Nutritionals 7 capsules / since May 2013 + omega3; 3) Gluten-free-casein-free diet since june 2013

Started withdrawing slowly since april 2013. Mostly around 10% cuts. 

April'13 - March'14: fluoxetine 40mg -> 19,5mg; quetiapine 50mg -> 40mg
April'14-March'15: fluoxetine 19,5mg -> 14,4mg; quetiapine 40mg -> 22mg

April'15-March'16: fluoxetine 14,4mg -> 7,4mg; quetiapine 22mg -> 15mg

April'16-March'17: fluoxetine 7,4mg -> 5,0mg; quetiapine 15mg -> 7,25mg

April'17-March'18: fluoxetine 5,0mg -> 4,0mg; quetiapine 7,25mg -> 0 (as of 1st Feb 2018)!!!!

April´18-March´19: fluoxetine 4,0mg - > 2,3mg. Jumped off fluoxetine 1,4mg due to pregnancy in July 2019. Oct 2019 severe withdrawal syndrome started.

Took mistakenly a complex for hormonal support that included pregnenolone dec2019-april2020. Stopped it april 2020 and immediately severe akathisia started. Have had life threatening akathisia since, 100% disabled, suicidal, very hard to hold on. 

erer,

Sorry you are scared and suffering so much.

Akathisia left in month 8 for me. I hope it never returns. It was horrifying. I am hugging you. Pug

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

erer,

Sorry you are scared and suffering so much.

Akathisia left in month 8 for me. I hope it never returns. It was horrifying. I am hugging you. Pug

For me right now it comes and goes and that's what makes it scary - I never know when it hits me and I am constantly petrified. 

How did it leave you? When or how did you first start to notice that it is lessening or did it go rather suddenly? I would really appreciate if you could share your experience of how you came through it.

I see your signature says "March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief." - I sincerely hope this information is old and you are feeling much better.

My introduction.

Tapering:

How ironic it is when your life goals are reduced to "Survive till the end of today. Repeat." And all that in the most literal sense...

My introduction.

Tapering:

It's the same for me honey, and for many other people here. We're in survival mode. That's how it's gonna be for a while. It will not be like this forever. 

What do you do during the day erer?

I spend my days in bed, with my laptop. If I'm feeling well enough, I go out for a couple of hours for walks to the local parks with my mom. I only go out alone to the nearest store to buy cigarettes, it's a minute away from my apartment. Can't do more at the moment. I had 2 CT attempts followed by RIs - one in February and one in April, and they left me in a very fragile state. 

(((erer)))

I wish you weren't suffering like this. I'm glad your akathisia comes and goes. That's a good sign.

Mine was constant. Woke up at 3am to cortisol surging and akathisia every morning, which finally eased at 6pm every evening.

In month 7.5 the akathisia began "softening." I noticed I was still pacing in my backyard, but not as frantically. I started to be able to lay in bed without having to jump up suddenly and pace and smoke outside.

Insomnia has taken its place, unfortunately.

I hope you get relief soon. This is all so inhumane and difficult to impossible to bear. The akathisia will eventually subside. I'm praying for you. Love, Pug

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

What do you do during the day erer?

I spend my days in bed, with my laptop. If I'm feeling well enough, I go out for a couple of hours for walks to the local parks with my mom. I only go out alone to the nearest store to buy cigarettes, it's a minute away from my apartment. Can't do more at the moment. I had 2 CT attempts followed by RIs - one in February and one in April, and they left me in a very fragile state. 

In different ways. Agony is the connecting link.

It is complicated for me due to the akathisia and the fear of being alone I developed after the CT in the hospital (from Cymbalta and 2 sleeping pills per night).

Before I was living like a vegetable - depressed, not eating, not washing, just crawling from bed to the couch and back.

Now the dread drives me to desperately seek distractions during the day even if it is through severe fear and panic, crying spells, derealization, cunfusion and akathisia. It is the fear that does not let me be alone at home and in bed any more and the akathisia that does not let me be rest in bed. It is also really ironic because I have never been afraid of loneliness before - the opposite, I used to prefer to be alone and do things by myself. Now all has been turned upside down.

So usually I wake up early to fear, through constant crying and/or intense fear I force myself to shower, if I am able, I eat. For every day I have to make plans how to survive the hours when my spouse is at work. So every day I have to go to training by 12 (pilates, yoga - only ones I can manage, but barely), later I either try to have a long lunch with my sister or go to my friends place just to have someone with me. If I cannot get anyone to be with me I try to find an errand to run - buy food or go to the post office. I do not have strength for these activities, I am exhausted, desperate and everything in me screams NO, but I know that if I went home and tried being alone things would get really-really bad. And I am afraid.

Every morning I wake up and I am afraid to open my eyes for... well, today it was for 2 hours. I keep thinking "not this hell again. I cannot take it". And I am literally afraid of opening my eyes even though I feel fear during all this time too. Somehow starting another horrendous day seems worse.

It seems I have worn out other people because the friend who used to offer help (hanging out) has not done it for a while, my sister seems tired as well. And my own strength has really plummeted. I don't know how long I can keep this up.

Recently, when I reduced olanzapine, I had a few days when I was physically unable to come out of bed. I slept during the day and when I was awake I was unable to get up and too scared to open my eyes.

My introduction.

Tapering:

I'm glad your akathisia comes and goes. That's a good sign.

Happy to see you say this. I also hope it must be a good sign.

Mine was constant. Woke up at 3am to cortisol surging and akathisia every morning, which finally eased at 6pm every evening.

My symptoms also follow a daily pattern of being the worst in the mornings (with the cortisol surges early in the morning) and during the day, and sometimes, but not always starting to subside around 5 pm. 

My introduction.

Tapering:

All these are good signs that our brains can get it right and, eventually, will get it right permanently. Hang on, erer, hang on. Love, Pug

Today has been especially hard. Wondering if it will actually ever get better or if I can wait feeling like this.

My introduction.

Tapering:

I know..don't know which which way to turn.

Hug xxx

It will start to get better at some point honey. Right now it's all about survival. First step of recovery from psych meds - to stay alive. That's our only job right now. It will not be like this forever. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi erer ,  did you do a cut recently , and if so , are things worse since then?    Or have they been worse since your hospital discharge?  

I'm trying to figure out what may have caused the change in your symptoms.  Did the intense dread/akathisia come since your admission , could it be from the zyprexa?  I'm sorry to hear you were in a coma.

This intensity of your symptoms won't last forever , and I found I did better when I accepted it than when I fought it.

Instead of waking up and thinking "Not this hell again , I can't take it" , try saying "Ah , it's this hell again , and I CAN take it".

Instead of being terrified each time it starts , say to yourself "It's come back again. I know every wave passes , they always do , and my job is to sit it out. This wave will pass."

Remind yourself over and over that this is the drugs and no one has ever died from this. Stuff like that - that's how I coped when things were at their worst.  

I hope this can help you too , let me know how you go.

:blush:

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Hi erer ,  did you do a cut recently , and if so , are things worse since then?    Or have they been worse since your hospital discharge?  

I'm trying to figure out what may have caused the change in your symptoms.  Did the intense dread/akathisia come since your admission , could it be from the zyprexa?  I'm sorry to hear you were in a coma.

I first got akathisia when I tried to jump from 8,4 mg of Cymbalta within a week. From there on it got worse and lead to my suicide attempt and hospitalization. After that it was somewhat forced down by the benzos I received at the hospital and there after, but I have reduced those.

It has got gradually better but a week ago I tried to reduce Cyprexa and things got really bad again.

Remind yourself over and over that this is the drugs and no one has ever died from this.

I would really like to be able to say this to myself, but the unfortunately the opposite is true - I almost did die of this. And now I know that it CAN and did get so bad that I was not able to bear it any more. This is what frightens me the most. That I cannot tell myself that I can bear whatever comes. I live in the fear of the worst state returning. Friday and Saturday were really-really bad in that sense (7tha nd 8th days after reduction of Zyprexa), Sunday was a little easier and I am hoping with all my heart that today the stabilization will continue.

My introduction.

Tapering: